PDA

View Full Version : Patriots trade Mike Vrabel to KC...

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 01:41 PM
...for undisclosed draft pick.

wow. suprising. what a wacky and active 1st day of free agency.

look out tony gonzalez, you got competition.

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
lol

Blitzburgh_Fever
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
look out tony gonzalez, you got competition.

LOL

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
did not see this happening...
indeed what a strange 1st day of FA

XxKnightxX
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
as strange as it seems, when I saw the whole activity of the Free agency, I somehow brainstormed how if Harrison was a FA this year what team would take him, and I thought hey the Pansies* sign everyone so they would sign him and I was like who would they give up though? I thought well they got Thomas and Vrabel isnt getting any younger, and wow look what happened lol. Look for the pats to draft LB on the first round maybe Aaron Curry.

steelerdave1969
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
The Patriots unless they trade way up will Never have a chance at LB Aaron Curry.
I dont understand what KC is trying to do giving anything for the ole' man Vrabel... He is older than I am and I am 4 months from 40... lol

The Patriot
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
You know Brady threw to him 8 times for 8 touchdowns. Sux to see him go.

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Y'know, I've always believed letting Vrabel go was a huge mistake for the Steelers. Good for him going to KC. :thumbsup:

SteelMember
02-27-2009, 06:28 PM
The Patriots unless they trade way up will Never have a chance at LB Aaron Curry.
I dont understand what KC is trying to do giving anything for the ole' man Vrabel... He is older than I am and I am 4 months from 40... lol

If the rumors of KC going to a 3-4 are true, they probably just wanted a veteran ILB to wear the speaker and make the adjustments.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 06:41 PM
If the rumors of KC going to a 3-4 are true, they probably just wanted a veteran ILB to wear the speaker and make the adjustments.

that is true.. get someone in there that has played in the 3-4 to teach the other lb's...
and if arron curry does not go #1 to the lions... i see the cheifs getting him

Steeler in Carolina
03-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Should just say the Pats gave Vrabel to the Chiefs.

KeiselPower99
03-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Y'know, I've always believed letting Vrabel go was a huge mistake for the Steelers. Good for him going to KC. :thumbsup:

Vrabel was a guy I thought would be the next great Steeler LB and he just never developed or didnt fit the scheme. Then he went to NE and it was night and day.

stlrtruck
03-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Vrabel was a guy I thought would be the next great Steeler LB and he just never developed or didnt fit the scheme. Then he went to NE and it was night and day.

I just thought it spoke to the talent level in front of him. I thought he was destined to be a good LB for the Steelers but it just seemed that by the time HIS TIME came around, there was still more talented players in front of him. And when his contract was up - he took off.

tony hipchest
03-02-2009, 11:51 AM
patriots gearing up to trade for julius peppers as his replacement?

that rumor makes alot of sense for both carolina and the cheaters.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Stlrtruck is right. There were guys like Gildon and Porter ahead of Vrabel. Vrabel showed a knack for getting to the QB, just like he did at Ohio St., but it was just a numbers game of him getting released and going to the Pats.

Patriots are just clearing up some space and old vets. Pretty standard stuff.

KeiselPower99
03-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I just thought it spoke to the talent level in front of him. I thought he was destined to be a good LB for the Steelers but it just seemed that by the time HIS TIME came around, there was still more talented players in front of him. And when his contract was up - he took off.

Actually the guy he was in competition with for the starting ROLB job was Carlos Emmons. Vrabels last year here was 2000? And Emmons eventual replacement was Joey Porter.