PDA

View Full Version : Steelers going for continuity

mesaSteeler
02-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Steelers going for continuity
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-157/Steelers-going-for-continuity.html
February 27, 2009 2:16 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

The Pittsburgh Steelers made their first move of the day by re-signing offensive guard Chris Kemoeatu. ESPN's John Clayton reports the deal is for five years and $20 million.

Pittsburgh now has two returning starters from last year signed in Kemoeatu and tackle Max Starks, who was given the franchise tag. Tackle Willie Colon also was given a first-round tender on Thursday, so he will likely be the third returning free agent from the offensive line of the defending Super Bowl champions.

After convincing Kemoeatu to return, this likely means the Steelers won't do anything drastic in free agency when it comes to upgrading their offensive line. Expect Pittsburgh to attempt to add better competition with this much-maligned unit through the draft.

Pittsburgh Steelers, 09 free agency, AFC North, Willie Colon, Max Starks, Chris Kemoeatu, NFL draft

St33lersguy
02-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Since the steelers obviously don't give a s*** about how bad the OL gets they probably will do nothing to adress the need through the draft and just deciding to get RBs, QBs, and LBs again

Sharkissle29
02-27-2009, 03:55 PM
one important thing with an o-line is playing together. the o-line did come together a bit towards the end. maybe they wont be as bad as we think.

Preacher
02-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Here is what I put my trust on.

Tomlin has fixed what he sees as problems.

the Passing D was a problem, some could call it THE weak spot of the Fire-Blitz scheme. Tomlin seems to have fixed it (either by suggestion, or by allowing LeBeau to do his magic, either way, it IS fixed).

ST were HORRID two years ago. Last year, Tomlin seems to have fixed it. Yes, we still have a bad kickoff return team. But our coverage is MUCH better.

lilyoder6
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
Here is what I put my trust on.

Tomlin has fixed what he sees as problems.

the Passing D was a problem, some could call it THE weak spot of the Fire-Blitz scheme. Tomlin seems to have fixed it (either by suggestion, or by allowing LeBeau to do his magic, either way, it IS fixed).

ST were HORRID two years ago. Last year, Tomlin seems to have fixed it. Yes, we still have a bad kickoff return team. But our coverage is MUCH better.

i agree with u on evrything except for the return game u said was bad...

we had the ball between the 20 and 30 most drives.. that is good returns, yea it does suck that we didn't have a guy who could break a return.. but at least they were consistant at getting past the 20

Justano
02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
wtf what money is left then for harrison? he stil hasnt been signed.... wtf who cares about o-line when Defensive playe rof year is free agent right now what if steelers dont got enuff money left for harrison?

Preacher
02-27-2009, 07:29 PM
i agree with u on evrything except for the return game u said was bad...

we had the ball between the 20 and 30 most drives.. that is good returns, yea it does suck that we didn't have a guy who could break a return.. but at least they were consistant at getting past the 20

I;ll give you that. It wasn't good, but it was average. hows that?

Preacher
02-27-2009, 07:31 PM
wtf what money is left then for harrison? he stil hasnt been signed.... wtf who cares about o-line when Defensive playe rof year is free agent right now what if steelers dont got enuff money left for harrison?

Who cares about the O line?

Without the O line, there is no offense. No offense, no SB.

Harrison is one player. We DONT blow up a team for one player.

If he is seeking money that will blow our team apart in the salary cap, he is as good as gone.

and should be.

msafford
02-27-2009, 07:38 PM

He ISN'T a free agent right now. He still has one year left on his contract. They were looking to extend his contract, but were having difficulties.

Justano
02-27-2009, 07:56 PM
He ISN'T a free agent right now. He still has one year left on his contract. They were looking to extend his contract, but were having difficulties.

.....thank u but hes worth alot more than whats he getting paid he might not be very pleased ... not getting what he rightfully deserves!!!

Steelman16
02-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Just the same, he'll still be in black and gold for one more year, regardless.

AllD
02-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Two years, after they franchaise him year after next.

KeiselPower99
02-27-2009, 10:17 PM
After Max signs a long term deal the left side is entrenched for at least 3 years. Hartwig is a FA after this season so C and RG are places we need to develop some guys Welcome to the O line Tomlin believes in. As for the draft we aint gonna reach for a certain postion. Last time we did we ended up with Jamain Stephens.

BlueSteel
02-27-2009, 11:06 PM
As always, we're going to try and keep folks that we believe in. Dump those that we think are past their prime and look to develop new players for the future.

Galax Steeler
02-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Harrison is one player. We DONT blow up a team for one player.

Exactly we need to save money to spread around and not just on one player.