PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Holmes waives hearing on marijuana bust

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
I didn't see this posted...

Steelers' Holmes waives hearing on marijuana bust
Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Steelers receiver and Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes waived his right to a preliminary hearing Thursday on a misdemeanor marijuana charge stemming from an October traffic stop.

Holmes' attorney, Robert DelGreco Jr., said he waived the hearing because district judges cannot assess witness credibility or constitutional challenges.

District Judge Gene Ricciardi commended Holmes for donating the gloves he wore when he caught the Super Bowl-winning touchdown pass for charity, saying it showed fine character.

The auction raised $70,200 for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America Inc. Holmes' 6-year-old son, Santonio III, has the blood disease.

Holmes did not speak to reporters.

Pittsburgh police said they found three marijuana-filled cigars in Holmes' car when he was pulled over Oct. 23. Holmes was stopped because his car was similar to one they were looking for in a drug sting, police said.

Holmes was cooperative and alerted officers to the drugs, police said.

DelGreco characterized the charge "as low as a grade a misdemeanor you can get." The penalty is up to 30 days probation and a $500 fine, he said.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80ef37a8&template=with-video&confirm=true

--------------------------------------

Yay! That's over.

Disneyworld!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-PTsDbb4Drg/SYhRJib5B8I/AAAAAAAAALA/YnbbUKC7YMk/s400/SantonioHolmes-MickeyMouse.jpg

rbryan
02-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Super Bowl MVP trumps weed bust.....lol

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 05:39 PM
Go Buckeyes!!!

OX1947
02-27-2009, 05:42 PM
"Pittsburgh police said they found three marijuana-filled cigars in Holmes' car when he was pulled over Oct. 23. Holmes was stopped because his car was similar to one they were looking for in a drug sting, police said."

Yah, I talk to cops a lot and the cars that look like drug sting cars usually are the Classic DMBB. Driving while being black, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHHHAHAHA.

iceman000123
02-27-2009, 05:47 PM
well as long as nothing happens to prevent him for playing for us next year its all good

Fire Haley
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM
I think we should take up a donation to pay his fine. It'll be a good PR move.

Probably hit the National News, we'll be famous.

HometownGal
02-27-2009, 06:26 PM
Alcohol is legal - why not hemp? :noidea: Same buzz imho.

Thank God this is now behind him and he can enjoy some time with his kids before getting ready for mini-camp. :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
02-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Go Buckeyes!!!yes. and kudos for holmes not taking it as far as terry glenn, roaming hotel hallways butt naked (lookin to pull a najeh i suspect) while getting busted for the ganj. :sofunny:

T&B fan
02-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Alcohol is legal - why not hemp? :noidea: Same buzz imho.

Thank God this is now behind him and he can enjoy some time with his kids before getting ready for mini-camp. :thumbsup:

no Hemp has NO ,THC in it , and will NOT get you high , and if it ( Hemp ) was legal we could save a lot of trees and other tings that it can be made in to .. but that is a hole new thread .

now on the point of marijuana and Alcohol ,you are right ,IMO . but its hard to Tax some thing that will for the most part grow on its own it is a weed after all . so if the Government can't controll it ..sorry

Fire Haley
03-01-2009, 09:30 AM
The Govt already controls it for medical marijuana growing. They have quite the selection too, I hear. You can pick your favorite flavor of the month.

JEFF4i
03-01-2009, 02:16 PM
500 dollars, how will he pay rent?