PDA

View Full Version : A kinder, gentler Ben?

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 10:27 AM
He states Carson Palmer is the better QB? What does it all mean?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9146067

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 11:01 AM
hes sounding more like cowher every week. say all the right things and hold the company line.

clevestinks
01-06-2006, 11:32 AM
A smarter Ben!!!!!

Avoid Lloyd
01-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Smart move.

Ambridge
01-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Ben's just speaking with a cotton mallet.

Grey
01-06-2006, 01:25 PM
He states Carson Palmer is the better QB? What does it all mean?

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9146067

Good find, Suit.

I like it.

Here we go.
Grey

fergusonat
01-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Frankly I would have to agree...Palmer has proven to be a better, more consistent QB than Ben. Do I still think the Steelers are gonna whoop their asses? Yes.

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 01:59 PM
But I still hang my hat on the fact that when Palmer was Ben's current age, he was still playing for USC...give Ben a year or two more and we'll see where this ends up...

augustashark
01-06-2006, 02:45 PM
But I still hang my hat on the fact that when Palmer was Ben's current age, he was still playing for USC...give Ben a year or two more and we'll see where this ends up...

:iagree:

Ben will continue to get better. which IMO is pretty scary for the rest of the afc north. Carson is a fine QB but they play in completly different systems.

BB2W
01-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Ben is a bigger sugarcoater than Cowher... he always gives his opponents and his teammates all the credit in the world.

I remember sometime during that streak of games where Ben was injured and getting smashed in the pocket... we actually won a game, and the first thing out of his mouth was something like... "I gotta give credit to the offesive line and the running game, those guys did great." In reality... we rushed for like 50 yards, and Ben got sacked like 6 times and practically had to be carried off the feild.

By the way... Carson has played better than Ben this season. Ben always says the right thing, I'm sure the Rooney's are proud to have him representing their franchise. I am sure that Palmer could have easily admited Ben was the better QB during last season if he was asked.

BB2W
01-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Also Suit... I'm sure you know, I just thought I would mention that Ben played wide receiver and tight end until his senior year in high school because the coaches son played quarterback. Ben has only been behind center for like six years of his life.

Carson on the other hand... just like his brother was bred to play quarterback, and has all his life. Just look at the way he functions... you can tell he was meant to play quarterback. He has been well coached, and been to all the camps.

Here is my comparison up to this point in their careers...

I think Carson is a better thrower of the football, and probabally has a better grasp of what the defense is trying to do. I also think he understands his playbook and his progression better. He is the better stand in the pocket "drop back" quarterback.

I think Ben is a better scrambler, and has a better feel for the pass rush. I think Ben has better leadership qualities, and a stronger will to win. I also think that Ben is much better at making something out of nothing or making the awkward throws on the run, or during well covered or busted plays. I think Ben is the better playaction quarterback too.

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Palmer just picked up reading defenses in the latter part of last year, so I'd say Ben is ahead of him in that category, too.

StillerPaul
01-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Frankly I would have to agree...Palmer has proven to be a better, more consistent QB than Ben. Do I still think the Steelers are gonna whoop their asses? Yes.

Ya have to take into consideration that Ben has one less year in the league and didn't have the luxury of sitting a year and learning. Ben is the better QB IMO. Ben makes better decisions, has more poise and moxy and is more mobile than Carson. Ben has only 1 legitimate WR to throw to, Carson has 3. Mark my words, Ben IS the cream of the crop in the AFCN and will continue to be for many years. :grin: