PDA

View Full Version : Updated Mock Draft (2/28)

Big7BenHOF
02-28-2009, 01:15 AM
http://www.nfldraftexperts.net/mockdraft.html

Just finished writing it.

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2009, 05:28 AM
# Houston Texans: Aaron Maybin, DE, Penn State
Houston has already spent an incredible amount of time upgrading its defensive line, and this selection could be the final piece of the puzzle. Aaron Maybin is a stout player, with great size and strength. Maybin could finally draw the double teams off of former No. 1 overall pick Mario Williams and put pressure on the opposing quarterback constantly.
:toofunny: .....maybin is 249 lbs !!! how is that "great size" for 4-3 DE? and how does a DE, draw a double team from another DE ? maybin's a tweener that would be better off being a 3-4 olber.

Big7BenHOF
02-28-2009, 01:28 PM
I need space filler.

:D

steelerbuckeye
02-28-2009, 04:37 PM
You have Oakland and Seattle switched around and Brian Orakpo will NOT go ahead of Malcolm Jenkins

steelerdave1969
02-28-2009, 04:51 PM
Nice job, I just dont see what everyone sees in QB Matt Stafford though. That Georgia team was so overrated the last few seasons and he was the star player that was so overrated..

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2009, 07:42 PM
You have Oakland and Seattle switched around and Brian Orakpo will NOT go ahead of Malcolm Jenkins i wouldn't put money on that if i were you, especially after the 40 he ran.....:wink02:

MDSteel15
02-28-2009, 08:42 PM
You have Oakland and Seattle switched around and Brian Orakpo will NOT go ahead of Malcolm Jenkins

Malcolm Jenkins is already falling on the boards because he is slooooooow... and now projectedas a safety!

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Malcolm Jenkins is already falling on the boards because he is slooooooow... and now projectedas a safety!
i think houston takes him at 14......if he can't cut it at corner they have a hole at safety he can fill.....:noidea:

steelerbuckeye
02-28-2009, 11:45 PM
The 40 yard dash is the most overrated activity in the Combine and people need to stop taking Todd McShay's word on NFL prospects.

If anyone actually watched Jenkins play this season, his "disappointing" 40 yard dash is in no way a reason to discount the kind of player he is.

Big7BenHOF
03-01-2009, 01:04 AM
How many times have you seen Jenkins beaten...?

MasterOfPuppets
03-01-2009, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE=steelerbuckeye;572562]The 40 yard dash is the most overrated activity in the Combine and people need to stop taking Todd McShay's word on NFL prospects.

If anyone actually watched Jenkins play this season, his "disappointing" 40 yard dash is in no way a reason to discount

then why are all the pro scouts standing around with stop watches? :noidea: why do they bother to have em run at thier pro days if its so insigniificant ?

Texasteel
03-01-2009, 05:45 AM
i think houston takes him at 14......if he can't cut it at corner they have a hole at safety he can fill.....:noidea:

We could us a saftey ourself MOP. Any chance he could be this years Mendenhall?

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-02-2009, 04:48 PM
I want Sean Smith!

SunshineMan21
03-02-2009, 05:50 PM
If Detroit takes Stafford at #1, I will eat my hat.

Just because Atlanta happened to draft Ryan high in the first last year doesn't mean drafting a QB in the top few picks is always a good strategy.

Detroit more than anything needs a safe, successful pick. That's Aaron Curry or Jason Smith. Stafford has all kinds of bust potential--it's tough to be an elite pro QB when you weren't necessarily an elite college QB even with Knowshon Moreno at RB?

Big7BenHOF
03-02-2009, 06:29 PM
If Detroit takes Stafford at #1, I will eat my hat.

Just because Atlanta happened to draft Ryan high in the first last year doesn't mean drafting a QB in the top few picks is always a good strategy.

Detroit more than anything needs a safe, successful pick. That's Aaron Curry or Jason Smith. Stafford has all kinds of bust potential--it's tough to be an elite pro QB when you weren't necessarily an elite college QB even with Knowshon Moreno at RB?

And if Detroit passes on Stafford, and he turns around and becomes an elite QB, Mayhew will eat his hat.

They can't afford to whiff this pick. They need to grab a franchise QB, they can take the tackle with the No. 20 pick.

MDSteel15
03-03-2009, 10:22 AM
How about every time the ball was snapped against USC :rofl: