PDA

View Full Version : Cassel traded to the Chiefs!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 12:59 PM
ESPN just reported!!!!!!

I am still looking for details

stillers4me
02-28-2009, 01:01 PM
1st round pick?

Now I'm not one to wish injury on anyone.but if Tommy boy goes down again.......... :noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:08 PM
1st round pick?

Now I'm not one to wish injury on anyone.but if Tommy boy goes down again.......... :noidea:

No details...but since the Patriots need an RB...AND since LJ wants out of Kansas City....I am thinking that the Pats will get LJ as part of the deal.

Speculation on my part...but we will see.

Fire Haley
02-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Just listening to Schefter...doesn't think its for the 1st ....thinks its for 2nd, and maybe a pick next year depending on performance.

Crap - they clear their cap and get more high draft picks.

Give It To Abercrombie
02-28-2009, 01:14 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/02/28/chiefs-complete-trade-for-cassel/

No details yet.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Just listening to Schefter...doesn't think its for the 1st ....thinks its for 2nd, and maybe a pick next year depending on performance.

hmmmm,,,not for a first?.....makes me even more suspicious of a trade for LJ.

Petesburgh66
02-28-2009, 01:19 PM

I was hoping the Pats would screw themselves by franchising Cassels and be stuck with him for the year. But it figures Pioli would bail out his former club and trade for Cassels. That wasn't a shock.

I am not convienced Cassels will good outside of the Pats* system, unless the Chiefs will implement the same short pass game and a ton of dink and dunks plays, minus the cameras for cheating.

Fire Haley
02-28-2009, 01:25 PM
hmmmm,,,not for a first?.....makes me even more suspicious of a trade for LJ. .

Schefter speculating the #35 pick and a condtional - maybe a 1st next year.

Why would they pick LJ when they just signed Fred Taylor?

Hawkeye
02-28-2009, 01:27 PM
there are a lot of delussional chiefs fans in my parts and if this is true makes them even more so,,,,

lilyoder6
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
ACCORDING TO NFL NETWORK.. HE IS EXPECTED 2 BE TRADED 2 THE CHIEFS...

HE IS NOT TRADED YET

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Schefter speculating the #35 pick and a condtional - maybe a 1st next year.

Why would they pick LJ when they just signed Fred Taylor?

Because there is 5 years difference in their age.....

Because, if healthy, one is a franchise RB and the other is at the end of his career....

Because over the last five years LJ has averaged over 10 TD's a year and Taylor has averaged 3.....

Because LJ has averaged over 1,000 yards a season over the last 5 years and Taylor has not...:noidea:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
ACCORDING TO NFL NETWORK.. HE IS EXPECTED 2 BE TRADED 2 THE CHIEFS...

HE IS NOT TRADED YET

That just means they are working out the details....

Report: Pats deal Cassel to Chiefs
Culver City, CA (Sports Network) - The Kansas City Chiefs have reportedly acquired quarterback Matt Cassel in a trade with the New England Patriots.

According to the NFL Network, the teams have agreed on compensation, although terms were not immediately known.

Cassel had accepted the Patriots' franchise tender earlier this month and is set to earn $14.651 million in 2009, an average of the top five salaries at quarterback. He would probably be negotiating a long-term deal with the Chiefs.

The 26-year-old signal-caller made a name for himself in 2008 after taking over for an injured Tom Brady in the season-opener. He helped the Patriots to a record of 11-5, including 10-5 in his 15 starts, but New England did not qualify for the playoffs.

A seventh-round pick of the Patriots in 2005, Cassel threw for 3,693 yards with 21 touchdowns and just 11 interceptions in 16 games. He had thrown a total of 39 passes in his first three seasons as Brady's backup.

It would mark the second trade between the teams in as many days, although there has been no confirmation from either team on Friday's deal that reportedly sent linebacker Mike Vrabel to Kansas City.

The Chiefs' personnel decisions are now being made by Scott Pioli, who left his position as Patriots' vice president of player personnel in January to take the Kansas City job.
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nfl/news/newstest.aspx?id=4216170

The Patriot
02-28-2009, 01:47 PM
:dancing:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:51 PM
NFL.com: Matt Cassel traded to the Chiefs

NFL.com reports that the Patriots have agreed to trade Matt Cassel to the Kansas City Chiefs. The Patriots have not yet confirmed the move, but the Boston Globe, ESPN and SI.com are also reporting it.

Compensation was not yet clear. The Patriots prevented Cassel from reaching free agency by designating him as their franchise player earlier this month. The Chiefs own the third overall pick in April's draft, but a second-round pick (the Chiefs will get either pick 34 or 35) could be a more likely return to New England. NBC Sports reports the third pick would not be part of the deal.

The trade would be the second between the two teams in two days, after New England sent LB Mike Vrabel to the Chiefs yesterday. Chiefs GM Scott Pioli left the Patriots in January to assume the top job in Kansas City.

Cassel would become the Chiefs' presumptive starting quarterback, ahead of Tyler Thigpen on the depth chart. The trade would indicate that the Patriots have confidence that QB Tom Brady is on track to return from the ACL tear that ended his season in Week 1 last season.

But the Patriots will probably have to find a new backup quarterback to provide insurance in case Brady must miss more time.

Cassel was a seventh-round pick for New England in 2005. He never started a game in the NFL or in college, where he was a career backup at Southern California, until Brady was injured in September. Cassel led the Patriots to an 11-5 finish in Brady's absence.

Ironically, it was against the Chiefs that Brady was hurt and Cassel got first got the opportunity to play.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/thehuddle/2009/02/nflcom-matt-cas.html

Fire Haley
02-28-2009, 01:52 PM
So that means the Chiefs will have taken out the Pats starting QB in two straight years.

Of course, this could blow up in the Pats faces if Brady's blown out knee is gimpy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 01:52 PM

:kick::buttkick:

:chuckle:

The Patriot
02-28-2009, 01:54 PM
So that means the Chiefs will have taken out the Pats starting QB in two straight years.

Oh, very good! I hadn't made the connection yet. :sofunny:

steelpride12
02-28-2009, 02:03 PM
So the Chiefs had no trust in Thigpen I see. Well good move and the Pats should get alot for him.

georgedejungle
02-28-2009, 02:06 PM
Great deal for both teams IMO.

The Chiefs need to be able to protect Cassell and provide a running game as well. The trade of a pick is a small matter considering they got a proven QB; however, that QB was playing on last year's Super Bowl contender. Scott Paoli GM makes deal with his former employer's team.

New England dumps some salary for cap space and gains another potential RB for success and/or a high draft pick. Not bad either, unless Tom Brady does not return to form this year...

lilyoder6
02-28-2009, 02:07 PM
well it seems that the cheifs gave them there 2nd rd pick

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Cassel sent to Chiefs

Matt Cassel, whom the New England Patriots named as their franchise player in early February, has been traded to the Kansas City Chiefs.

Cassel has been informed of the trade, ESPN.com's John Clayton and ESPN's Michael Smith confirmed. An announcement could come as early as Saturday afternoon.

The Boston Globe reported on its Web site that official paperwork had been filed with the NFL. The story was first reported by NFL.com.

This would be the Chiefs' second acquisition of a major member of the Patriots' organization in as many days; the Chiefs traded for linebacker Mike Vrabel on Friday. It also was orchestrated by one as well -- Scott Pioli, the former Patriots vice president of player personnel who this year was hired as the Chiefs' general manager.

It appears Cassel is a part of the Vrabel trade. Sources told Smith that draft picks may also be involved in the deal.

On Feb. 5, Cassel had accepted the Patriots' non-exclusive franchise tender, guaranteeing the quarterback at least $14.65 million next season. Cassel faxed his acceptance to the Patriots, the NFL and the NFLPA, but the Patriots also needed to offer him a contract.

The franchise tag's value is the average of the top five salaries for NFL players at a particular position.

Cassel stepped in as the starter after Tom Brady suffered a devastating knee injury in the first game of the 2008 season. Cassel finished 327 of 516 for 3,693 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3942130

Give It To Abercrombie
02-28-2009, 02:15 PM
ESPN.com is saying that there is speculation that Cassell is part of the Vrabel trade, not two seperate trades. May not matter, overall compensation would be the same if it is draft pick related. If it is for a player and it includes LJ, not sure what that would mean....

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Cassel trade means Patriots will be big players in draft

Matt Cassel has been traded to the Chiefs, part of the Mike Vrabel deal that broke yesterday.

The Patriots will have a bounty of draft picks in a talent pool that appears to be strong right where the team's picks lie.

The early word on the deal is that the Patriots will receive the Chiefs' second-round pick (No. 34) and 2010 considerations. The Patriots will pick 23rd in Round One. They also have San Diego's second-rounder and should get a late third-rounder in the form of a compensatory pick for losing CB Asante Samuel last year.

Counting their own second- and third-rounders, that means the Pats will have six of the first 100 picks or so. Early word on the draft is that the strength of this year's class lies in the 20-to-50 range. The Patriots will pick four times in that neighborhood.

Adding outside linebacker to the list of needs with Vrabel gone, the team likely will look at cornerback, receiver, offensive line and defensive line (with Vince Wilfork heading to free agency next year) with their early picks. Safety also stands as a need with James Sanders a free agent now and Rodney Harrison's situation unknown.

They should be able to bring in quite a nice haul, and you can bet they'll trade back at some point to pick up another '10 pick. They do that kind of thing almost every year, and it usually pays off.

It has been a surprisingly busy and productive weekend for the Patriots.
http://nflblogs.profootballweekly.com/AroundtheNFL/2009/02/cassel_trade_means_patriots_wi.html

Cassell & Vrabel...for a second round pick?

Is it me....or is something not quite adding up right here?

I'm still waiting for the OTHER shoe to drop on this one.

Hawkeye
02-28-2009, 02:36 PM

the football brains are saying that the 3rd choice the chiefs had would cost too much for want they get and return and the 32 choice is much more affordable and can be just as abig as an impact

hindes204
02-28-2009, 02:39 PM

im not sure there is another shoe to drop...

http://www.kansascw.com/Global/story.asp?S=9923024

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
im not sure there is another shoe to drop...

http://www.kansascw.com/Global/story.asp?S=9923024

Perhaps your right....but that would make me wonder three things.

1) Wouldnt it have made more sense to try and trade to the LIons instead of the Chiefs...so that he would be in a different conference?

2) I understand not wanting to be stuck at the top of the 1st round...but why not trade for the Lions 2nd- 1st round pick and then trade down for a 2nd and 4th?

3) Did they give Scott Pioli a "Friends of Belichick"? discount....seems unlikely, since Bill would sell his Mothers walker for $5.00 and a girlie magazine......otherwise a 2nd rounder for a starting QB AND LB seems BEYOND reasonable.

hindes204
02-28-2009, 02:53 PM

1) Wouldnt it have made more sense to try and trade to the LIons instead of the Chiefs...so that he would be in a different conference?

1) I understand not wanting to be stuck at the top of the 1st round...but why not trade for the Lions 2nd- 1st round pick and then trade down for a 2nd and 4th?

2) Did they give Scott Pioli a "Friends of Belichick"?....seems unlikely, since Bill would sell his Mothers walker for $5.00 and a girlie magazine.,,,but otherwise a 2nd rounder for a starting QB AND LB seems BEYOND reasonable.

Well, if the pats want to start making terrible decisions, im all for it, im not complaining

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Well, if the pats want to start making terrible decisions, im all for it, im not complaining

:rofl:

Your right......I'll shut up and enjoy it!!!:thumbsup:

stillers4me
02-28-2009, 03:10 PM
One second rounder for both? :huh:

Looks like the Pats* got :kick:

lamberts-lost-tooth
02-28-2009, 03:14 PM
One second rounder for both? :huh:

Looks like the Pats* got :kick:

Yea...something still isnt adding up.

revefsreleets
02-28-2009, 03:22 PM
This makes sense. Vrabel is in the diminishing skills phase, and Cassel will be exposed in KC as just average. But the Pats will make out a bit in the deal (unless Marcia is still gimpy or gets reinjured).

Either way, KC didn't really get THAT much better and the party is still over in NE.

devilsdancefloor
02-28-2009, 03:26 PM

aww think if tommy isnt back for the season or has a horrible season who is gonna be his back up?? im betting even if he is back 100% his serason is gonna be rocky at best. i wouldnt be to happy.

lilyoder6
02-28-2009, 03:56 PM
but the pats did just dump 2 contracts off to the chiefs and 1 being a 15 mill hit

steelerbuckeye
02-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Guess the Pats have no problem giving up their sloppy seconds.

Steelers Since '75
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Now that the Pats have a lot of cap room to work with I can see them coming after Leftwich or another vet QB as a backup.

Fire Haley
02-28-2009, 05:00 PM
NBCSports.com per NFL Network is reporting that the compensation is the #34 pick overall and that is it.
NE gets #34, KC gets Cassell and Vrable.

Hawkeye
02-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Now that the Pats have a lot of cap room to work with I can see them coming after Leftwich or another vet QB as a backup.

I see them sitting on their $$$ this year and take care of players after next season

Give It To Abercrombie
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
I see them sitting on their $$$ this year and take care of players after next season

Was thinking similarly. At first was thinking Pioli maybe was the brains there in New England. Couldn't figure why they'd get so little. But maybe they were happy to get decent compensation in a 2nd round pick, clearing cap room and having the ability to lock up guys they already have on their roster going into potentially unknown waters regarding salary cap next year. Still hate the Pats*, but maybe it wasn't as dumb as my first reaction was telling me....

steelerbuckeye
02-28-2009, 05:27 PM
The Pats still desperately need help in the secondary. I can see them going after several different corners. Perhaps Leigh Bodden being one.

steelerdave1969
02-28-2009, 05:34 PM
I think with last years draft and the pickup of Cassell, if he wasnt just a one year wonder, will help this team make major strides in that one team AFC West. I think that Cassell will make a big difference in that KC team. The Chiefs for sure need defensive line help and that is where they should be looking to upgrade during the free agency and draft in april.
Them getting rid of their worst coach in a very long time and last years draft and if they can get a good draft class again this year then they are set to make a run soon if their defense can get things together.

steelerbuckeye
02-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Cheifs better prepare themselves for Derek Anderson v.2.0!!

jasonhightower
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Cassel isn't quite proven yet in my eyes. I tell you what though... with this trade and the Chiefs starting with near $50 million in salary cap space, they could be on their way to a very nice rebuilding situation. They also have the #3 overall pick in the upcoming draft. Pioli truly has walked into a very nice situation. I'd be interested if LJ changes his tune if the team begins moving upward in the standings.

tony hipchest
02-28-2009, 05:47 PM
this is all clearing up now. there was nothing fishy going on. the patriots simply took a gambel by franchising cassel and overvalued him.

they figured they would be able to rake a team over the coals like they did when they traded dionne branch to seattle for a 1st round pick.

kudos to the rest of the league for catching on.

shefter has been reporting that there was interest from detroit and tampa, but not because they wanted cassell. they wanted to package him in a deal to denver to land cutler! (im assuming this would take a very high pick PLUS cassell).

teams simply werent offering the patriots much for a 7th rounder who only had 15 starts.

sure he looked great against all the weak opponents, facing the easiest schedule, on an 18-1 champion team, but hell bubby brister looked great and won a ring when he subbed for elway for 4 games.

patriots saw they gambled and were about to lose. they had to throw in vrabel to the cheifs to get them to take matts contract off their hands. :toofunny:

suck it pats.

tony hipchest
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM
The Pats still desperately need help in the secondary. I can see them going after several different corners. Perhaps Leigh Bodden being one.
dont count out b. mcfadden. they love our corners (scott, poteat, townsend) and they even brought in dom capers to coach their secondary last season.

50-50 shot b-mac is a patriot.

HometownGal
02-28-2009, 05:50 PM

They may seek out Leftwich, but he wants the opportunity to be a starter. If he takes a back up job anywhere, it will be right here in the Burgh. :hope:

As for Cassell - I know not many people will agree here, but I think the guy has talent and could do decently in KC. I hope the Chiefs FO decontaminated him at the front door. :chuckle:

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-28-2009, 06:26 PM
aww think if tommy isnt back for the season or has a horrible season who is gonna be his back up?? im betting even if he is back 100% his serason is gonna be rocky at best. i wouldnt be to happy.

Free Agency is over yet, they might go after Lefty :doh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I guess they dont think Tyler Thigpen is their franchise qb? :noidea:

steelreserve
02-28-2009, 08:44 PM
I can't believe anyone would trade a perfectly good draft pick for this joke of a quarterback. I thought everyone alrady knew he wasn't any good.

STUPID ... STUPID ... STUPID ... STUPID

lilyoder6
02-28-2009, 10:18 PM
well they also got vrabel with that 2nd rd pick,,, so 2 starters 4 a 2nd rd pick

MasterOfPuppets
02-28-2009, 10:51 PM
this is all clearing up now. there was nothing fishy going on. the patriots simply took a gambel by franchising cassel and overvalued him.

they figured they would be able to rake a team over the coals like they did when they traded dionne branch to seattle for a 1st round pick.

shefter has been reporting that there was interest from detroit and tampa, but not because they wanted cassell. they wanted to package him in a deal to denver to land cutler! (im assuming this would take a very high pick PLUS cassell).

teams simply werent offering the patriots much for a 7th rounder who only had 15 starts.

sure he looked great against all the weak opponents, facing the easiest schedule, on an 18-1 champion team, but hell bubby brister looked great and won a ring when he subbed for elway for 4 games.

patriots saw they gambled and were about to lose. they had to throw in vrabel to the cheifs to get them to take matts contract off their hands. :toofunny:

suck it pats. this sounds about right to me....cassell's price tag was probably the difference in the compensation. gambling with a first rd pick is one thing, but add in the minimum it's gonna take to sign him, its to risky. the pats had to take what they could get, just to unload his cap hit.

The Patriot
02-28-2009, 11:08 PM

suck it pats.

Aww, profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilter it. You're right.

OneForTheToe
02-28-2009, 11:29 PM

2) I understand not wanting to be stuck at the top of the 1st round...but why not trade for the Lions 2nd- 1st round pick and then trade down for a 2nd and 4th?

3) Did they give Scott Pioli a "Friends of Belichick"? discount....seems unlikely, since Bill would sell his Mothers walker for $5.00 and a girlie magazine......otherwise a 2nd rounder for a starting QB AND LB seems BEYOND reasonable.

Yea, but Bellipricks mother:pin: doesn't know where the bodies are burried ... :chuckle: ... Piolli might.

KeiselPower99
02-28-2009, 11:49 PM
Anyone hear those rumors of Cassel to Detriot and then traded to Denver for Cutler? I know they are rumors but Id rather have Cutler any day.

MasterOfPuppets
03-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Anyone hear those rumors of Cassel to Detriot and then traded to Denver for Cutler? I know they are rumors but Id rather have Cutler any day.
look 2 post up from yours......:popcorn:

OneForTheToe
03-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Wow, I can't believe that Denver did that with Cutler. I think Cutler is a punk, but he is still a top ten QB in this league. How often do those type of players come along? If I was a Bronco fan, I would be very concerned about the future.

As for KC, I think they might have done alright for themselves. I'm not conviced that Cassel is the second coming of anything special, but I think he will be ok. Remember that division sucks. I'm not even thinking San Diego is a sure thing. Even KC might have a chance to win the division at 8-8.

HughC
03-01-2009, 01:14 AM

My first impression was the same as yours, but I'm not so sure of that now.

First of all, what gamble? They franchised Cassel and got something back. Had they not franchised him, they get zero in return, other than a compensatory pick a year from now. They had nothing to lose and everything to gain by franchising him.

I agree that I thought they would get more, but there were other conditions. New England had no cap room, so they took the first decent offer they got in exchange for being able to play in free agency. The reward of being able to bring in free agents and re-sign players was higher than getting more in a better trade value by waiting for a desperate team to make a draft day trade. Now they have about $20 million available to spend on free agents to upgrade their defense.

As far as Vrabel goes, he was obviously going to be cut due to salary cap vs. value/diminishing production. He may have a year or two left in him, but by trading him out of the division and to a non-contender, it won't hurt them.

What really sucks is that now New England has four day one picks, and will probably have six of the top 100 picks once compensatory selections are announced. If they want to, they can easily trade up to the top ten, trade away for an additional first round pick next year - or both. So before we go celebrate how 'little' they got in return for this trade, stop and think about how well they are positioned for this draft, and probably next year's as well.

BrandonCarr39
03-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Todd Haley is a hard nosed, old school coach ala his former boss in Dallas Bill Parcells, and he's an excellent playcaller to boot. With his coaching style, he could very well get alot of mileage out of Cassel, and continue to motivate him as well. However-like I mentioned in another thread, Cassel was doing HIS JOB as a BACKUP. When you have a 53 man roster in a specific SYSTEM, each man has his ROLE, end of story.

Galax Steeler
03-01-2009, 07:50 AM
I think this is the start of the rebuilding for the chiefs. If Cassell is any good at all then they should be able to build a team around him. They had a good draft last year and if they can do something with it this year then we could see an improved team.

jasonhightower
03-01-2009, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't count out Thigpen yet, he improved throughout last season. The Chiefs have the opportunity to build a pretty strong team relatively quickly. If Curry is gone by pick 3, then I could see them trading down for some OL in round 1 and 2.

I also am a little surprised they haven't been mentioned in the T Housh. saga.

lilyoder6
03-01-2009, 12:40 PM
I wouldn't count out Thigpen yet, he improved throughout last season. The Chiefs have the opportunity to build a pretty strong team relatively quickly. If Curry is gone by pick 3, then I could see them trading down for some OL in round 1 and 2.

I also am a little surprised they haven't been mentioned in the T Housh. saga.

y would the chiefs go after a WR in T.J who is 31 yrs old and the contract he will demand, u could in fact go draft micheal crabtree if curry is gone, he'll get the same contract, maybe more, and crabtree is a decade younger, and would team up nicely with bowe

Fordy
03-01-2009, 02:00 PM
I think with last years draft and the pickup of Cassell, if he wasnt just a one year wonder, will help this team make major strides in that one team AFC West. I think that Cassell will make a big difference in that KC team. The Chiefs for sure need defensive line help and that is where they should be looking to upgrade during the free agency and draft in april.
Them getting rid of their worst coach in a very long time and last years draft and if they can get a good draft class again this year then they are set to make a run soon if their defense can get things together.

They could be much improved. Do you think these moves will convince Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson to stay instead of wanting out?

jasonhightower
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
y would the chiefs go after a WR in T.J who is 31 yrs old and the contract he will demand, u could in fact go draft micheal crabtree if curry is gone, he'll get the same contract, maybe more, and crabtree is a decade younger, and would team up nicely with bowe

I love Crabtree and I haven't heard what TJ is demanding. The problem with KC is they only had 10 sacks last year, by far the worst in the league, and need a pass rush much worse than they need a WR from the draft. The best thing for them is if Curry is still available at #3 to compliment their Glen Dorsey #5 pick from last year.

jasonhightower
03-01-2009, 08:15 PM
They could be much improved. Do you think these moves will convince Tony Gonzalez and Larry Johnson to stay instead of wanting out?

I wondered that same thing but I haven't heard anything from my KC buddies yet.

lilyoder6
03-01-2009, 08:47 PM
I love Crabtree and I haven't heard what TJ is demanding. The problem with KC is they only had 10 sacks last year, by far the worst in the league, and need a pass rush much worse than they need a WR from the draft. The best thing for them is if Curry is still available at #3 to compliment their Glen Dorsey #5 pick from last year.

i said that IF curry IS NOT there draft crabtree.. and with switching to a 3-4 defense.. and going off of last yr.. i don't know if dorsey can play nt or even de in the 3-4

Steelman16
03-01-2009, 08:50 PM
They already have Bowe, so I doubt they'd draft Crabtree even if he was BPA. They need some inside defensive help.

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2009, 03:57 AM
They already have Bowe, so I doubt they'd draft Crabtree even if he was BPA. They need some inside defensive help. and that's ALL they have is bowe....they desperately need another playmaker opposite of bowe. i'd say it's 50/50 on curry and crabtree...... i don't see the chiefs movng to the 3-4 anytime soon. they've spent to many high picks recently on players that won't work in the 3-4.

lilyoder6
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
yea.. gonzo is alright but he is only a te.. and haley was used to having fitz and boldin... he would love to have someone opposite of bowe like a crabtree