PDA

View Full Version : Source: Cutler wants to be traded

BehindSteelCurtain
03-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Did any of you guys see this?

Cutler wasn't happy when he found out that new HC Josh McDainels tried to trade him in a 3 way deal that would send Cassel to the Broncos, Cutler to Bucs, _____ to Pats. McDainels wanted to reunite with Cassel.

The new guy just made a HUGE mistake.

And now Cutler wants out of Denver.

OneForTheToe
03-01-2009, 01:04 AM
As I said in the "trade Cassel thread," this was stupid by hte Broncos. Cutler, as well as his buddy Rivers, are punks, IMO. Still, Cutler is a top ten QB in the NFL. You just don't toss that away because you wanted to flirt with the latest QB want-to-be wonder boy. Good luck Broncos' fans.

BrandonCarr39
03-01-2009, 01:13 AM
Did any of you guys see this?

Cutler wasn't happy when he found out that new HC Josh McDainels tried to trade him in a 3 way deal that would send Cassel to the Broncos, Cutler to Bucs, _____ to Pats. McDainels wanted to reunite with Cassel.

The new guy just made a HUGE mistake.

And now Cutler wants out of Denver.

Bah-this could very well pass when all is said and done. Every offseason, a number of teams have their problems, even big ones, only to get them straightened out in the long run.

Alot like that Larry Fitzgerald broo-ha-ha last year that almost sent him to Philly b/c he almost didn't want to restructure his contract. A year later, the Cards are in the Super Bowl.

BTW-Cassel BLOWS-he was successful last year b/c he was doing HIS JOB as a BACKUP. When you have a 53 man roster, each man has his role, end of story.

steelerbuckeye
03-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Cassel for Cutler would be LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

devilsdancefloor
03-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Wow way to win over your team must have learned that from belacheat like mangina did.

jcdavey08
03-01-2009, 02:44 AM
As I said in the "trade Cassel thread," this was stupid by hte Broncos. Cutler, as well as his buddy Rivers, are punks, IMO. Still, Cutler is a top ten QB in the NFL. You just don't toss that away because you wanted to flirt with the latest QB want-to-be wonder boy. Good luck Broncos' fans.rivers is the farthest thing from a punk in the nfl 'off the field'

on the field he talked shit in 07, said nothing on the field in 08

people just like to hate rivers because he's so good and has alot of wins

cutler on the other hand has a piss-poor attitude and can't even lead a team to above .500 since HS

i hope to god denver doesn't trade cutler and get a winner at qb

the retard fans think passing yardage matters

it doesn't

brees and cutler can throw for all the yards they want, but if you don't have a balanced offense , you're nothing.......

OneForTheToe
03-01-2009, 03:09 AM
rivers is the farthest thing from a punk in the nfl 'off the field'

on the field he talked shit in 07, said nothing on the field in 08

people just like to hate rivers because he's so good and has alot of wins

cutler on the other hand has a piss-poor attitude and can't even lead a team to above .500 since HS

i hope to god denver doesn't trade cutler and get a winner at qb

the retard fans think passing yardage matters

it doesn't

brees and cutler can throw for all the yards they want, but if you don't have a balanced offense , you're nothing.......

Well, we were talking about on the field. And in my opinion Rivers has acted like a punk on the field. Yes, he dfidn't seem as bad this season(although I know I wasn't on the field so I can't say he didn't say anything all season), but, in any case, I need to see a couple of more "non-punkish" acting seasons to be convinced.

As far as Rivers "being so good and having alot of wins," check back when one of those wins comes with a ring.

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Rivers is a worthless piece of trash. Biggest crybaby in the NFL.

Cutler is a class act from what I've seen. I haven't seen anything about him talking trash or being trashy whatsoever; on the contrary, the way he rebounded from diabetes has to serve as a huge inspiration to children suffering from diabetes.

The reason Vanderbilt sucked while he was there was because Vanderbilt is a school for, as Lynch has said, "lawyers and doctors". Vandy literally had no one, except him, and they were still competing against powerhouse schools. The polar opposite would've been Leinart-lead USC. How'd that work out for Arizona?

It's possible I have a bit of a mancrush on Cutler, but it's pretty awesome how he dealt with his diabetes and rebounded. Shame that Denver has no defense or else the Broncos would've been a true playoff contender.

lilyoder6
03-01-2009, 05:49 AM
even if the bronco's weren't going 2 trade him... cutler is 2 ignorant to understand and now he is acting like a baby

Fire Haley
03-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Their fans want the new coaches head on a stick.

Official GET OUT OF TOWN McDANIELS THREAD!!

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=135928

I'd love to see Cutler chuck a football in McDaniel's FACE
My wishes for this season:

1. Cutler to win a playoff game

2. Fire a football laser into McDaniel's face after the win

3. Cutler wearing a Shanahan armband.

ha ha!

STEELtownHAVOX
03-01-2009, 08:56 AM
i saw this this moring....kinda shocked me but i forgot that their new HC is mcdaniels....makes since but Cutler is in a whole other league than cassel. though cassel did better than i thought he would, he could be a real good qb in the league.

lilyoder6
03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
so basically cutler is going to start acting like LJ and start bitching bout the organization...

jcdavey08
03-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Well, we were talking about on the field. And in my opinion Rivers has acted like a punk on the field. Yes, he dfidn't seem as bad this season(although I know I wasn't on the field so I can't say he didn't say anything all season), but, in any case, I need to see a couple of more "non-punkish" acting seasons to be convinced.

As far as Rivers "being so good and having alot of wins," check back when one of those wins comes with a ring.won't happen till they get rid of forcing LT down everyone's throats, pitt knows you need balance on O to win a superbowl, not a dan marino with no running game, or a superstar rb hogging up all the plays.

it's pretty much a team game, and pitt knows that, that's why they have 2 superbowls recently.....san diego has to learn that.

jcdavey08
03-01-2009, 02:13 PM
you can tell who the people are on this board who A. have diabetes, B. know someone who has diabetes, C. don't give two shits about diabetes and know their football

haha

steelreserve
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
waaaaaahhh!! :crying01:

This will probably pass in time. Cutler's still under contract for three or four more years, and about half of his deal is incentives. So when the season comes around, he'll figure out pretty quickly that sitting there bitching is not going to do him any good.

Eventually, the Broncos will just be glad they didn't win the Matt Cassel un-sweepstakes, where the winner gets a $40 million shit sandwich. Mmmmmm.

jcdavey08
03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
waaaaaahhh!! :crying01:

This will probably pass in time. Cutler's still under contract for three or four more years, and about half of his deal is incentives. So when the season comes around, he'll figure out pretty quickly that sitting there bitching is not going to do him any good.

Eventually, the Broncos will just be glad they didn't win the Matt Cassel un-sweepstakes, where the winner gets a $40 million shit sandwich. Mmmmmm.yeah cassell is just a system qb who will fail outside of NE's system, like everyone does who isn't named asante samuel

still, cutler's a huge douchebag who believes in his talent rather than work ethic, and tries to force his game and always falters down the stretch

i'm not concerned with denver at all until they get a winner at qb

i'm looking forward to sd meeting pitt again in the playoffs , i just hope merriman's not broken, and we've gotten rid of LT's aged ass by then lol

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
you can tell who the people are on this board who A. have diabetes, B. know someone who has diabetes, C. don't give two shits about diabetes and know their football

haha

How bout "D. like to see proof of criticisms"? You cite his lack of a work ethic. You know the guy does his blood tests after every offensive drive to make sure he can keep playing football, right? I don't know a damn person with diabetes myself, but I am a medical student. I can tell you type 1 diabetes can be incredibly debilitating. If he had a crappy work ethic, he wouldn't be dealing with this and playing professional football. But I forgot, he's a trashy player. Who has had no performance issues (that weren't caused by diabetes), no on-field problems, and no off-field problems. Rivers has a loud mouth, cursed at players and fans repeatedly. If anyone is going to be called trashy, it's Rivers. Please, next time you want to act like your ideas are founded on truths, actually know what you're talking about.

The guy has every right to be upset with his new coach, Cutler completely endorsed McDaniels despite being a "Shanahan guy", and McDaniels takes a dump on him. You don't offer to trade your Top 10 QB for what is, still, a relatively unproven player. But I guess Cutler should've just stayed on the team and waited until next year, when McDaniels wants to trade him for the next ex-Patriot buzz player.

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-01-2009, 07:17 PM
still, cutler's a huge douchebag who believes in his talent rather than work ethic, and tries to force his game and always falters down the stretch

I already responded to the work ethic part, but the guy has been in the league two years, and in no way di he falter down the stretch. The Broncos had no defense, and gave up an average of 28 points a game, with Cutler throwing around 40 times a game. The guy is obviously no Marino, but don't act like he's at all responsible for the reason they went 8-8. If they had any semblence of a balanced team, it would've likely been the Broncos we played in the playoffs.

jcdavey08
03-02-2009, 05:41 AM
How bout "D. like to see proof of criticisms"? You cite his lack of a work ethic. You know the guy does his blood tests after every offensive drive to make sure he can keep playing football, right? I don't know a damn person with diabetes myself, but I am a medical student. I can tell you type 1 diabetes can be incredibly debilitating. If he had a crappy work ethic, he wouldn't be dealing with this and playing professional football. But I forgot, he's a trashy player. Who has had no performance issues (that weren't caused by diabetes), no on-field problems, and no off-field problems. Rivers has a loud mouth, cursed at players and fans repeatedly. If anyone is going to be called trashy, it's Rivers. Please, next time you want to act like your ideas are founded on truths, actually know what you're talking about.

The guy has every right to be upset with his new coach, Cutler completely endorsed McDaniels despite being a "Shanahan guy", and McDaniels takes a dump on him. You don't offer to trade your Top 10 QB for what is, still, a relatively unproven player. But I guess Cutler should've just stayed on the team and waited until next year, when McDaniels wants to trade him for the next ex-Patriot buzz player.
cursed? lol shows how much you know

pittsburghp8baller
03-02-2009, 05:54 AM
i dont see has him whinning, he jus wants out of a place that tried and screw him over. I know for dam sure i wouldnt want to play for a guy who would rather have a one-year wonder than me.

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-02-2009, 06:32 AM

Rivers has a well recorded history of jawing with opposing defenses, opposing players (especially Cutler), opposing fans (particularly Colts fans in the playoffs last year), hell even the Chargers own fans. I don't why I let you under my skin, but I'm done with it. Clearly you're a San Diego/Chargers fan or Cutler dumped you in high school or something. Watch some football and get back to me.

Now I wonder if McDaniels was trying to angle for some draft picks and thought he could take Cassel and mold a temporary system to keep Denver together for a couple years. Something like getting a 2nd and 4th and a late round pick next year for Cutler, trading the 2nd for Cassel, and setting Cassel up with Marshall and Royal and getting a HB with nice hands late in the draft. At least I can see some legitimacy in that, but still think it'd be a bad idea.

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2009, 06:35 AM
"I'm upset. I mean, I'm really shocked at this point," Cutler told The Post. "I could see why they want Cassel. I don't know if they think I can't run the system or I don't have the skills for it. Or if they don't think they can sign me with my next contract. I just don't know what it is. I've heard I'm still on the trading block."

Cutler's agent, Bus Cook, said his client had every right to be upset with the Broncos for even entertaining an offer for the Pro Bowl quarterback.

"Because that's a vote of no confidence in the guy," Cook told The Associated Press on Sunday. "I don't care if you're talking about trading him for Matt Cassel, Matt Ryan or Tom Brady. That's a vote of no confidence in him, and that's how Jay sees it and I would, too.

"I don't know if they were actively seeking to trade Jay, but on the other hand, I don't know that they were turning a deaf ear to potential offers, either." :chuckle:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9281992/Broncos-coach-finds-himself-at-odds-with-Cutler

Cutler told The Post he feels his relationship with McDaniels has "taken a few steps backward."

"I don't know if the relationship is irreconcilably broken," Cook said. "But I know that as much as he's meant to the organization and that ballclub, if there were attempts to trade him, then I think Jay Cutler is 100 percent right to be more than just a little bit miffed."

Cutler is 17-20 with no playoff appearances since supplanting Jake Plummer late in the 2006 season, and he's known for his petulant, moody personality in his dealings with teammates and the media alike.

"There's an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire," Cook said. "If they were in fact trying to trade Jay Cutler, then I think that's a situation that's going to cause a very serious problem for the organization.

Crushzilla
03-02-2009, 10:33 AM

Ya, ya, ya... Glory to God.... Just because you pump out 14 kids in 5 years doesn't make you a good Christian.

Where did the Charger's troll come from?

Back to the point. Here's a ridiculous conspiracy theory for all of you to chew on.

Cutler is upset because McDaniels tried to ship him

McDaniels and the Broncs (as far as I understand it) DENY every trying to shop Cutler.

The other two teams DIRECTLY involved? The Patriots and the Chiefs.

Cassel is, of course, the relative variable here.

What would be better then shipping off an aging linebacker and back-up quarterback for a second round pick?

Trading your aging linebacker, your back-up quarterback, picking up a second round pick, and sabotaging your former assistant that left to pursue his own glory.

The would-be trade of Jay Cutler is only... speculation? Am I right?

Is it possibly that sources close to the Patriots are leaking this information?

McDaniels is out of the regime... therefore he is public enemy number one. We all see how Denver and Cutler are taking this information. Could this have been planned?

We all saw how ridiculous the Mangini/Belichick ordeal was/continues to be.

I know it's ridiculous, but I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the... masterminds... in New England.

Another interesting note... Brian Waters wants out of KC. He says that he doesn't like the new direction of the team..

See? See what happens when you take a bunch of assholes from one organization and try to spread them out?

This is EXACTLY why we can't let LLT, Tony, and Rev ever leave the forum.

?? :hunch: ??

:sign11:

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-02-2009, 10:51 AM
See? See what happens when you take a bunch of assholes from one organization and try to spread them out?

This is EXACTLY why we can't let LLT, Tony, and Rev ever leave the forum.

He just called you guys assclowns!!! :laughing:

I kid, I kid...I wouldn't put it beyond the Patriots, but I really think McDaniels saw the potential for teams (especially TB) to start salivating over having Cutler and to kneejerk into giving up a ton of picks. The whole McDaniels thing is still so weird to me. Not only going to a GM/Head Coach combo again, but that it's an offensive-minded HC when all Denver lacked was any semblence of a defense. True, they don't have a run game, but I find it hard to believe the OL zone blocking is so far removed from the days of sticking a no-name back and producing a 1000 yard season. Maybe they felt bad taking so many knee shots? :noidea:

For some reason I've always felt really bad for the Broncos. Maybe it's because Plummer was obviously not a franchise QB and the "QB Genius" Shanahan refused to see it. I think as Steelers fans we can all relate to that. :couch:

Now, I do think it's funny that the only rule about FA is you don't piss off your current players, but so many players do it every FA period. Know who has a history of not doing that? I'll give you a hint, it's the team that if they wanted to leave jewelry imprints on your face, both hands would have to be involved. :thumbsup: :tt03:

revefsreleets
03-02-2009, 11:06 AM
The important thing is that all these dumb moves are by teams that are NOT the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Fordy
03-02-2009, 02:43 PM

ha ha!

:sofunny: That was a good read..I can understand some of them not wanting to be Patriots 2.0 though.

fansince'76
03-02-2009, 02:55 PM

ha ha!

I liked everything he did untill now, he should just go to KC and gaze into Matt Cassel's eyes.

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2413/236/47/1606620340/n1606620340_30401496_6230159.jpg

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

jcdavey08
03-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Rivers has a well recorded history of jawing with opposing defenses, opposing players (especially Cutler), opposing fans (particularly Colts fans in the playoffs last year), hell even the Chargers own fans. I don't why I let you under my skin, but I'm done with it. Clearly you're a San Diego/Chargers fan or Cutler dumped you in high school or something. Watch some football and get back to me.

Now I wonder if McDaniels was trying to angle for some draft picks and thought he could take Cassel and mold a temporary system to keep Denver together for a couple years. Something like getting a 2nd and 4th and a late round pick next year for Cutler, trading the 2nd for Cassel, and setting Cassel up with Marshall and Royal and getting a HB with nice hands late in the draft. At least I can see some legitimacy in that, but still think it'd be a bad idea.jawing sure

"cursed" proves you know nothing though

of course he jawed before the media tried to villify him , he used to be a linebacker lol.

it's so good to see the media finally waking up to the fact that jay cutler is the lifelong loser at football, life, and is the real douchebag in all of this

jcdavey08
03-02-2009, 05:05 PM
cutler = a guy who was 5-27 vs the sec and 6-8 in non conference games in college

and now he's in the pros also living under .500

face it, he's a loser, and he'll always be a loser...and now he's a diseased loser

life is kicking jay's ass all over the place, it's beautiful

i just pray they keep him in denver, where he will keep failing, because he's always been a loser (since HS)

Dino 6 Rings
03-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Someone remind me the name of the coach that left BB and NE and actually had success somewhere else? What was that guys name again?

'crickets'

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Someone remind me the name of the coach that left BB and NE and actually had success somewhere else? What was that guys name again?

'crickets'

I think its because they left the video equipment in Foxborough.

Cutler can flat out play........if you deny that, you are blind. The guy really needs to grow up, shut up and man up.

Give It To Abercrombie
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM

Sure, the sieves New Orleans and Denver have called their defenses the last few years have been all the quarterbacks fault. Quarterback will never amount to anything until he does something with his teams defense. Shoot, better give 'em those single barred helmets and send 'em out for place-kicking, too. "What do you mean you can't kick this 49 yarder, Brees?! YOU SUCK!!"

Well put.

Give It To Abercrombie
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
I think its because they left the video equipment in Foxborough.

Cutler can flat out play........if you deny that, you are blind. The guy really needs to grow up, shut up and man up.

Bingo and bingo.

Give It To Abercrombie
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
cutler = a guy who was 5-27 vs the sec and 6-8 in non conference games in college

face it, he's a loser, and he'll always be a loser...and now he's a diseased loser

i just pray they keep him in denver, where he will keep failing, because he's always been a loser (since HS)

:coffee:

steelpride12
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
What a funny situation as the Broncos totally rebuild there defense top and bottom with older leadership and younger talent and a new coach, while the offense just falls to pieces as Marshall is another Pacman Jones and Cutler wants out!

vasteeler
03-03-2009, 11:59 AM

Dude,
lighten up good grief

LVSteelersfan
03-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Has no owner figured out that hiring former Patsie coaches or personnel is the kiss of death for your team. These people never learn. The Belicheat coaching chain is a joke. Thank GOD we got a coach from the Dungy coaching chain. Seems to me that the Dungy coaching chain is the one where all of the winning teams are coming from. Belicheat's minions never do anything once they leave BAW STUN. And that is a good thing.