PDA

View Full Version : the chiefs are stupid

gosteeler
03-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I can't beleive the chiefs traded for cassell from the patriots, with a 14 million a years salary

all teams in the league could have hurt the patriots this season by letting them keep both qb's with high salaries, but the chiefs are desperate I guess

he is unproven in this league for that kind of money!!! the patriots system won those games last year not cassell

Steely McSmash
03-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Odd indeed.

Cassel is only signed for 1 year at that. He was traded with the geriatric Vrabel for a 2nd round pick.

I think the Chiefs FO must have a longer term deal worked out in private with Cassell.

Stlrs4Life
03-01-2009, 10:19 AM
Outside of the $$ issue, it was probably a good deal for the Chiefs.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2009, 10:23 AM
I can't beleive the chiefs traded for cassell from the patriots, with a 14 million a years salary

all teams in the league could have hurt the patriots this season by letting them keep both qb's with high salaries, but the chiefs are desperate I guess

he is unproven in this league for that kind of money!!! the patriots system won those games last year not cassell

The Chiefs dont have to pay Cassell 14 Milion...they will renegotiate his contract as a Chief to make it more cap friendly. Probably with guranteed money and certain performance incintives.

Most people "in the know" will say that the Chiefs got Cassell at a bargain basement price.

GBMelBlount
03-01-2009, 10:29 AM
The Chiefs dont have to pay Cassell 14 Milion...they will renegotiate his contract as a Chief to make it more cap friendly. Probably with guranteed money and certain performance incintives.

Most people "in the know" will say that the Chiefs got Cassell at a bargain basement price.

My friend Kathleen's brother was just hired as their O-line coach. She actually had Cassell on her ffl team.

I would imagine her brother is pretty pleased with the acquisition. :thumbsup:

Just curious LLT, why would you think it is bargain basement if the renegotiation has not happened yet?

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2009, 10:47 AM
My friend Kathleen's brother was just hired as their O-line coach. She actually had Cassell on her ffl team.

I would imagine her brother is pretty pleased with the acquisition. :thumbsup:

Just curious LLT, why would you think it is bargain basement if the renegotiation has not happened yet?

To acquire a starting QB and a Starting LB for single 2nd round pick is bizarre.

He should be pleased at that price.

I am not the only one who is questioning this trade...I have read two articles this morning already in which the talking heads are asking why the Patriots "gave Cassell away".

I think the going price for him was initially thought to be at least a 1st this year and a conditional pick in 2010 based on preformance. Another site showed his value as being an early 2nd, a 3rd, and a 5th ...this year alone

Now take into consideration that this was for Cassell alone, and then lets throw Vrabel into the mix.

Beyond a doubt I can tell you that Detroit would have given the 1st pick in the 2nd round for Cassell and the football world would have said that it was a steal....so why would the Pats trade within their conference and potentially have to play Cassell in the Playoffs?

I am happy for your friends brother...but I cant help but think that Pioli and Belichick are scheming behind the scenes.

(One a side note...I think that the Chiefs now go with Crabtree at #3...giving them a Monster offense with Cassell throwing to Bowe, Crabtree & Gonzales...and with Johnson in the backfield)

The Duke
03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
(One a side note...I think that the Chiefs now go with Crabtree at #3...giving them a Monster offense with Cassell throwing to Bowe, Crabtree & Gonzales...and with Johnson in the backfield)

I hope they do that. become the new bengals

honestly, that team needs defense. what did they have last year, 10 sacks? ridiculous!!

and they do have some good defensive players to build their team on. but if they go offense with the #3 pick I'll be a mistake imo

Dino 6 Rings
03-01-2009, 11:33 AM
The Thing is, Cassell won't have Welker and Moss to throw to in KC and he won't have a very happy Running Back as far as we can tell, LJ is still a tool box.

Its a risk for the Chiefs, this Cassell guy did good on a Great Team in NE, but what Big teams did he actually beat this season?

Look at their 08 record.

5 losses

Miami
San Diego
Indy
Jets
Steelers

What "good teams" did the Pats with MC actually beat? KC? San Fran? Denver? Rams? Bills? Seahawks? Raiders? or the Cards in a home game snow storm?

Really, Cassell helped the Pats beat the teams they should have beat, but didn't get the job done in the "big games" Win just one of those Big Games and they make the playoffs, and that was the Easiest Schedule in Football last year. Couldn't win just ONE big game.

I think the Chiefs are taking a huge risk making him the Face of the Franchise.

Fire Haley
03-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I coulda swore I just saw this argument....oh yeah...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=572740#post572740

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-01-2009, 11:49 AM
I hope they do that. become the new bengals

honestly, that team needs defense. what did they have last year, 10 sacks? ridiculous!!

and they do have some good defensive players to build their team on. but if they go offense with the #3 pick I'll be a mistake imo

They actually have some nice young talent on the team. With the exception of their LBer's and CB's...the average age of their defense is 24!!!

The D-line is Tamba Hali (25 years old)...Glenn Dorsey (23 years old) ...Turk McBride (23 years old) and Tank Tyler (24 years old)...Give that young D-line a chance to mature...and they could be very good.

Their LB corp, on the other hand is AWFUL.....Thomas is ineffective and Edwards has lost a step and only had 35 tackles last year.
Add Vrabel and a 2nd round LBer...and they can team with Derrick Johnson to start the makings of a decent front seven.

In the secondary Carr filled in and was a better corner than Surtain...Flowers is funtional as a CB but neither are special...they might be able to upgrade through the draft with or Free agency with a player like Bodden.

Safeties Pollard and Page are young but promising

All in all...They could go Crabtree in the first ...LB and CB in the 2nd and 3rd and look at FA to build on a defense that suffered through alot of young players mistakes.

fansince'76
03-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I coulda swore I just saw this argument....oh yeah...

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=572740#post572740

Exactly.