PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Arizona Turdinals want B-Mac

mesaSteeler
03-01-2009, 12:45 PM
Morning take: Lewis could return to Baltimore
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcnorth/0-2-166/Morning-take--Lewis-could-return-to-Baltimore.html
March 1, 2009 10:00 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Here are the most interesting stories Sunday in the AFC North:

* As his options begin to dwindle, free agent linebacker Ray Lewis could be leaning towards a return to the Baltimore Ravens.

Morning take: This is good news for a team that already lost two of its top in-house free agents in Bart Scott and Jason Brown. Lewis' return to the Ravens would bring back a lot of continuity to the defense.

* Free agent receiver and former Cincinnati Bengal T.J. Houshmandzadeh visited the Minnesota Vikings Saturday and could make a decision Sunday night.

Morning take: A lot of big names were moved in the first 48 hours of free agency. So it might be in Houshmandzadeh's best interest to decide soon before all of the big money is dried up.

* The Cleveland Browns are expected to visit with New York Giants safety James Butler.

Morning take: It's not the Giants player most Browns fans wanted (tailback Derrick Ward, cough, cough). But Cleveland does need a replacement for free agent safety Sean Jones.

* Speaking of players on the move, Pittsburgh Steelers free agent cornerback Bryant McFadden is scheduled to visit Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals.

Morning take: This could be a good landing spot for McFadden. Not only would he play for a winner--the reigning NFC champs--but he will get the type of big-money contract he can't get in Pittsburgh.

(Well it looks like Arizona Turdnials want another Steeler. This is getting really old.

I think Walker may be wrong if he thinks B-Mac will get a "big-money" contract from Bozo Bidwell and his clan of clowns. As I predicted in another thread the stupid Turdnials can't even sign Warner because the Turdnials are low balling him. Warner is now a free agent and is talking to other tearms. http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2009/02/28/20090228cardswarner0301.html

Then again maybe Walker's right because Bozo Bidwell ridiculously overpaid Oliver Ross a few years back.

The Turdnails with out Warner won't even make the playoffs because it's Warner's quick read and release ability is what is makes them dangerous. In other Turdnail news they just lost their starting right end to Texans. The Turdnials annual saga of ineptitude continues. - mesa)

stillers4me
03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
* Speaking of players on the move, Pittsburgh Steelers free agent cornerback Bryant McFadden is scheduled to visit Sunday with the Arizona Cardinals.

And this surprises who???

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Good for them. We basically gave him his walking papers when we spent all that $$ on Starks, Colon, Kemoateu.

Good luck B-Mac, just not against us.

Wait until Anthony Smith ends up in Baltimore or Cinci as the SS.

kmsteelerwr15
03-01-2009, 12:53 PM
im just suprised they havent gone after Washington, even with those recievers

KeiselPower99
03-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Whiz cant find his own coaches or players.

stillers4me
03-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Whiz cant find his own coaches or players.

I hear wears a bracelet that says WWCD?

What Would Cowher Do?

Nighthawk
03-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I hear wears a bracelet that says WWCD?

What Would Cowher Do?

haha, this is starting to get annoying.... Cards after everything Steelers, build your franchise from other players!

Sharkissle29
03-01-2009, 01:57 PM
The Patriots II

BlastFurnace
03-01-2009, 02:48 PM
IMO, Whiz has bigger fish to fry with keeping Warner and getting Boldin settled down with a new contract.

His defense is losing players on the D-Line. He should concentrate his efforts..if it is on defense...on getting some more help there.

Have good corners is nice...but they aren't any good if there is no pass rush.

What made the Steelers corners as good as they were this year was the pressure put on by Harrison and Woodley. Take those two guys off our defense and I bet BMAC doesn't look as good as he does now.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-01-2009, 03:16 PM
I guess the Cardinals can't evaluate talent on thier own for the most part...so they keep taking our table scraps.

mesaSteeler
03-01-2009, 03:17 PM
IMO, Whiz has bigger fish to fry with keeping Warner and getting Boldin settled down with a new contract.

His defense is losing players on the D-Line. He should concentrate his efforts..if it is on defense...on getting some more help there.

Have good corners is nice...but they aren't any good if there is no pass rush.

What made the Steelers corners as good as they were this year was the pressure put on by Harrison and Woodley. Take those two guys off our defense and I bet BMAC doesn't look as good as he does now.

I agree with you but the Turdnials do not. They believe in offense not defense. They will win some games with offense and sell tickets which is all Bidwell really cares about. However their offense first philosophy will not win Super Bowls.

devilsdancefloor
03-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Good for them. We basically gave him his walking papers when we spent all that $$ on Starks, Colon, Kemoateu.

that is my biggest fear of all!

Give It To Abercrombie
03-01-2009, 04:18 PM
Shoot, let him have em all. If there are guys we are letting go because they are slipping or are becoming too expensive for their talent level, he deserves what he is getting. :coffee:

HometownGal
03-01-2009, 05:15 PM
They believe in offense not defense. They will win some games with offense and sell tickets which is all Bidwell really cares about. However their offense first philosophy will not win Super Bowls.

B-I-N-G-O. :drink:

It's a pretty good observation that Wiz wants to build the Cardinals in the Steelers likeness, but he's got a loooooooong way to go to accomplish that. The Steelers grown their own D and develop them over a period of time - from what I've seen of the Cards D, they've got a LOT of work to do in molding their D like Lebeau's Steel Curtain II.

Steely McSmash
03-01-2009, 10:42 PM

AT least then Hines can give him some payback.:tt03:

Steelers & I
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
We'll have to start calling him "Ken Coughlin". Remember the days when Tom Coughlin used to pick up nearly every Steelers free agent as well as signing players from our practice squad?

SteelShooter
03-01-2009, 11:49 PM
Ya'll are killing me! LMAO!

But it's true....sucking up our table scraps.

chucoblack&gold
03-06-2009, 12:28 AM
I used to respect the Wiz but trying to get all our scraps is just trying too hard.

Kinda makes you think he doesnt know how to build talent.

The Definiti0n
03-06-2009, 12:44 AM
name a steeler that left and had sucess?

Vincent
03-06-2009, 06:56 AM

If by "success" you mean winning SBs, Rod, Vrabel,Josh Miller, Burress. If you mean that they played productively, Thigpen, Kirkland, Kevin Greene, Lake, to name a few.

I think that a lot of the bunch we have now would be successful elsewhere. How successful is anybody's guess.

stlrtruck
03-06-2009, 07:49 AM

Hardy Nickerson comes to mind

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Bam Morris had success ... at jail.

What? That's a kind of success.

BlastFurnace
03-06-2009, 02:40 PM

Rod Woodson
Mike Vrabel
Hardy Nickerson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Hope
Randel El
Leon Searcy
Kevin Greene
Orpheus Roye

Those traded away that had success:

Brentson Buckner

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-06-2009, 04:03 PM
i dnt know about randle el!

BlastFurnace
03-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Orpheus Roye? Lol, only when he came back :tt02:

Orpheus played well at Cleveland. Just because he was a Brown, doesn't mean he sucked.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Rod Woodson
Mike Vrabel
Hardy Nickerson
Plaxico Burress
Chris Hope
Randel El
Leon Searcy
Kevin Greene
Orpheus Roye

Those traded away that had success:

Brentson Buckner

Kevin Greene? Did he go somewhere and win a Super Bowl? Hope? Come on, he's playing on the Titans and they have been first round losers of the playoffs since he's been on the team, if they make the playoffs. Randel El? That's a joke right? The Skins would be the laughing stock of the NFL if Al Davis wasn't still the owner of the Raiders. Roye? What? Cleveland and Success don't go hand in hand.

The_WARDen
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Bill Cowher who's doing pretty well on the CBS Pre-Game Show

BlastFurnace
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Kevin Greene? Did he go somewhere and win a Super Bowl? Hope? Come on, he's playing on the Titans and they have been first round losers of the playoffs since he's been on the team, if they make the playoffs. Randel El? That's a joke right? The Skins would be the laughing stock of the NFL if Al Davis wasn't still the owner of the Raiders. Roye? What? Cleveland and Success don't go hand in hand.

So you coorelate success with SB victories? I guess Dan Marino had no success in his career. I guess John Elway sucked until the last 2 years of his career...or a how about Peyton Manning until 2006.

Look at Kevin Greene's numbers after he left us. Sack numbers of 14.5, 10.5, 15, and 12 his last 4 seasons. That isn't too shabby. Better than anything we rolled out at LOLB or ROLB after he left.

Chris Hope was voted All Pro on a very good defense. He played extremely well. It wasn't his fault they lost to the Ravens.

Randel El hasn't been terrible at all. Part of his problem is the expectations of signing for $30 Milliion. It's not his fault that Dan Snyder overpaid. Randel El has played well.

Roye...yes. In Cleveland's system, he was a pretty good D'lineman after he left us. Just because you are a Brown, doesn't mean you suck. The team hasn't been successful, but they do have some good players. Roye was one of them for awhile.

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 06:26 PM
So you coorelate success with SB victories? I guess Dan Marino had no success in his career. I guess John Elway sucked until the last 2 years of his career...or a how about Peyton Manning until 2006.

You're wrong about the last one. Peyton Manning still sucks.

jasonhightower
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Joey Porter anyone?

CargoJon
03-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Hey, maybe B Mac can show off his Super Bowl ring around the locker room. LMAO....

steelreserve
03-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Hey, maybe B Mac can show off his Super Bowl ring around the locker room. LMAO....

If he does that, I think it should be while he's sitting on the toilet.

In fact, I think if he signs with the Cardinals, part of his contract should be that he gets his own toilet, just for that.

meelanova
03-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Just saw on ESPN the Cardinals have changed their colors to Black and Gold. Damn!