PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth to make $30K each play

Stevo
03-02-2009, 05:19 AM
(Warning: I was bored at work)

Haynesworth just signed a $100,000,000 contract with the Washington Redskins for 7 years. With the recession and all the jobs lost (including 20 for the Redskins), I wanted to know approximately how much money he will be getting for each NFL play.

So here is my very rough estimate:

• Average NFL game has 125 plays.

• Take off about 25 for special teams (punts, kick offs, extra points, field goals) and that leaves 100.

• Then since he plays defense, you can cut that in half to 50 a game.

• And Haynesworth doesn’t play every down, so I took it down to 40 a game.

• Times 12 games a season, which gives you 480 plays a year. (He has never played a full season, and there is no reason to think that will change, and the Redskins never make the play-offs)

• Times 7 seasons gives you 3,360 plays for the next 7 years.

• Divided by his fat (possible) 100 million salary… and you get $29,761 a play.

If the Redskins want to pay him that much money, then good for him. He is a great player and everyone in the NFL certainly works hard for their paychecks. But it still sucks that he makes a yearly salary every time the ball is snapped.

Galax Steeler
03-02-2009, 05:57 AM
I think I could play football for that amount.

rbryan
03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
I'd be good for at least a couple plays at that price too. Lets see $60,000 minus the co pays for several broken bones, fractured skull, etc...Wait a minute......can I do like Ray Ray?....you know just jump on the pile after the plays over ?? I could do that and not even get hurt.......lol

Yeah..... mark me down for four plays next year.

Hapa
03-02-2009, 09:27 AM
I'd be good for at least a couple plays at that price too. Lets see $60,000 minus the co pays for several broken bones, fractured skull, etc...Wait a minute......can I do like Ray Ray?....you know just jump on the pile after the plays over ?? I could do that and not even get hurt.......lol

I know we don't like Ray Ray... but he really is one of the best players of this generation.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Funny thing was on NFL network Charley Casserly said that Hanesworth 2 best seasons were in the final years of a contract. He said there was some question by some NFL teams about his motivation.

I'd laugh my ass off if Dan Snyder opened up the wallet for a guy that is gonna take a break now that he busted the bank.

rbryan
03-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Its no coincidence that his first 5 years were nothing special. Not saying the guy doesn't have talent, because theres a lot of guys that were in thier contract year that didn't perform like he did. But it wouldn't surprise me a bit if he coasts now.

Big D
03-02-2009, 10:25 AM
it's heart warming to know that our nation is seeing bank failures and record layoffs but yet this asshole makes 30k a day

tucker6
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
it's heart warming to know that our nation is seeing bank failures and record layoffs but yet this asshole makes 30k a day

You mean play! Absurd really, and if I was a Skins fan, I'd be pi$$ed as hell that we overpaid.

Crushzilla
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM

Of course you can.

No one said you had to actually put up stats. Just... "clog" the holes.

For guys like me and you? That probably means spinning around a lot and hoping no one gets a clean lick on you...

revefsreleets
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
This deal is so absurdly rich and ridiculous I ALMOST can't believe that it wasn't Al Davis overpaying this badly.

But,Dan Snyder is almost as retarded as Davis...and he can't blame senility for his idiocy.

BrandonCarr39
03-02-2009, 11:18 AM
You gotta love the NFCE...

The Skins OVER-pay players

The Eagles UNDER-pay players

The Giants go at it IN-between, and just right to boot

As for my Dallas team? Jethro is schizo...one minute he's opening up his wallet to infinity, the next he seems to remember those 4 years where Bill Parcells' "system" philosophies rubbed off on him.

steelreserve
03-02-2009, 12:55 PM
This deal is so absurdly rich and ridiculous I ALMOST can't believe that it wasn't Al Davis overpaying this badly.

But,Dan Snyder is almost as retarded as Davis...and he can't blame senility for his idiocy.

Don't worry ... the Raiders will probably blow another $50 million on draft picks that don't work out, so you can laugh at them then.

BrandonCarr39
03-03-2009, 12:27 AM
This is gonna knock your socks off-Haynesworth ALSO had other $$$$ suitors, according to Mike Irvin. The Giants offered him $80m, and Tampa also offered him $100m.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?context=podcast&id=3946657

SteelMember
03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Funny thing was on NFL network Charley Casserly said that Hanesworth 2 best seasons were in the final years of a contract. He said there was some question by some NFL teams about his motivation.

I'd laugh my ass off if Dan Snyder opened up the wallet for a guy that is gonna take a break now that he busted the bank.

I just look at Albert on that podium talking about how it's not about the money, well in his words "not ALL about the money". Going on to talk about how much of a fan his uncle was and the great history of the redskins. Did his uncle fail to mention the history was written before 1999 when Jack Kent Cooke was the owner of the team. Since then, dan snyder has only written the team monstrous checks which has only led them into mediocrity. :noidea:
You gotta know those trips to the bank are fun though. You even get a free lollipop. :wink02:

lilyoder6
03-03-2009, 09:17 AM
the man doesn't even play evry snap and he getting 100 mill.. insane

Fire Haley
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
So Ben is getting the same amount then too, right?