PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought??

clevestinks
03-06-2005, 10:10 AM
I just read this in the Pittsburgh Post , internet.
Cap games costly in long run
Friday, March 04, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Are the Steelers mortgaging their future to try to keep their team together?

That's the opinion of some NFL executives, and maybe one of their own, as the Steelers voraciously restructure contracts to retrofit their salary cap.

They reworked at least four contracts the past week to clear $5 million worth of salary cap room for 2005. But in the NFL's world of the hard salary cap, that room doesn't magically appear -- or disappear.

The room created today must be made up tomorrow, which reduces their salary caps in future years. Once begun, it's a vicious cycle that ultimately must be confronted, like paying the minimum on a credit-card

Any thoughts, or should we just worry about now, and not the future??

ironcitychef
03-06-2005, 10:33 AM
I read this too and got concerned, but then it isnt as bad as when we first redid contracts when we built the new place. But then I said we should. NE is losing coaches and players. Thh Jets are getting shuffled. Indy might lose James. We could be sitting pretty this year and next to have good shots at the Super Bowl. Wouldn't you try to take a run at it also?

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 10:09 PM
iam worrired about this year the next year will come soon enought and we can worry then.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 02:16 AM
The Rooney's will ALWAYS try to keep a winning team together, at all costs, rather than bringing in tons of new people. You need massive failure to necessitate real change, and the Rooney's feel, still, that we have a shot at a SB this coming year, so its worth the risk to them.

clevestinks
03-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Believe me I trust the Rooneys. Like I`ve always said " whats the most amount of years between playoff appearances for us??" There are teams like the brownies who would die to b in our position year after year. Cincy always sucks, Ariz usually sucks. Rooneys always get us back

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 04:30 PM
credit them for keeping cowher after 2 years ago with going 6-10. They still believed in him...but all the new blood in the assistant coaching ranks surely helped his cause too.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
I give them alot of credit to. We our blessed

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Rooneys sre the center stone of the steelers they keep us in the right spots.even gopign a 6-10 season next year we can be 15- 1 hehe..

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 05:50 PM
Look up and thank Art for betting on that horse in 1933

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 06:40 PM
:bouncy: :busted: lol :busted: :bouncy:

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 12:56 AM
The funny thing is ask the Rooney's about this upcoming year and they will be the first to tell you that we overachieved and a 9-7 playoff team is a good projection considering the level of competition we have to face. [wonders what Lou Holtz is doing right now]. They know they can just be patient and avoid the knee jerk reactions that most owners are facing. I think our drought under Cowher is three years max. And that only made us think about getting rid of the head coach. In ohter towns, they overhaul the whole team.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
glad they kept chower sets a stron foundation in the fran.

clevestinks
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Jersey cool sig, a little large but cool

BlitzburghRockCity
03-09-2005, 03:19 PM
yeah its an awesome sig..but Mike may deem it alittle to large.

clevestinks
03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Thats what I was thinking after rading Mike warnings, Hey its cool that someone takes the time to run this sight right

ironcitychef
03-10-2005, 12:02 AM
If we have a dummy post thread, why not have one for art and pics and such? Cause even though I would much rather have smaller post sizes, I gotta love the work done on the sig. Major props.

JerseySTEEL
03-10-2005, 12:08 AM
ya iam goign to tirm it down just dotn got the tiem to do it tonight.