PDA

View Full Version : Marcus Vick kicked out at VT.

Ambridge
01-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I just heard it on the local news that Virginia Tech has permanently dismissed Marcus Vick from the football team and the University for his latest incident when he stepped/stomped on the leg of a University of Louisville player this past week in the Gator Bowl.

I absolutely love it. Vick is getting his just deserts.

:fingers:-Marcus Vick

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
damn! im stunned. i cant believe an organization actually stepped up and did the right thing in regards to a major money maker of an athelete. too bad the eagles didnt have those type of cojones in the preseason with t.o. i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.

Prosdo
01-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm glad to hear this. Someone posted up the video from that game. What Marcus did was totally uncalled for and showed a complete lack of class.

SteelerDan43
01-06-2006, 04:24 PM
Good Riddance. He is the next Clarrett

Prosdo
i guess he WILL be either a raven or raider come april.

lmao I was just thinking the same thing. The Ravens and Raiders probably have him high on their lists.

BB2W
Wow... this kid is trying to screw up what may have been a nice career. He will probabally just leach of his rich brother for the rest of his life. I saw the kick... what was he thinking???

Prosdo
01-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Here's the article

Hokies end ties with troubled QB Vick

RICHMOND, Va. -- The president of Virginia Tech said Friday that quarterback Marcus Vick has been permanently dismissed from the football team.

University president Charles Steger announced the dismissal on the same day that coach Frank Beamer met with Vick and his mother in their Hampton Roads home, the school said. Beamer informed them of the decision during the meeting.

The junior quarterback stomped on Elvis Dumervil's leg after the Louisville defensive end tackled Vick on Monday during the first half of the Toyota Gator Bowl.

He also faces charges of speeding and driving on a suspended driver's license, Cpl. James West said Friday. Police stopped Vick in Hampton on Dec. 17, and he was charged with driving 38 mph in a 25 mph zone, the police spokesman said.

Virginia Tech had suspended him for all of the 2004 season because of legal troubles. At the time, Steger said if Vick faced additional off-field troubles, "his Virginia Tech career is effectively ended."

Vick was not penalized for the Dumervil incident but was rebuked at halftime of the Gator Bowl by quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers, who said he even considered pulling Vick from the lineup.

Vick said later it was "an accidental play, and football is football." He also said he had apologized to Dumervil. Dumervil said no apology had been offered.

"A no-character individual," Dumervil said after the game.

Vick threw two touchdown passes and led a 22-point, fourth-quarter rally for the No. 12 Hokies, who beat the No. 15 Cardinals 35-24.

Rogers, who has mentored Vick in his on-field and off-field behavior, was livid with his quarterback, chewing him out at halftime, and after the game.

"There's no reason for that in the game," Rogers said. "It's flat-out embarrassing. I don't coach that way, and I don't expect him to play that way."

The incident is the latest trouble for Vick since he elected to follow his brother, Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, to Virginia Tech. The elder Vick led the Hokies to the 1999 national championship game and was the first pick of the 2001 draft.

Marcus Vick played in 11 games as a backup in his freshman year, then was suspended from school last season after he was arrested, along with teammates Mike Imoh and Brenden Hill, for giving alcohol to 14- and 15-year-old girls. He pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge.

The younger Vick also later pleaded guilty to reckless driving and no contest to marijuana possession after a police stop in July 2004.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

Livinginthe past
01-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Thats certainly good news - its refreshing to see football teams making the morally correct decision instead of the one that suits them best.

Maybe teams are starting to wise up to the fact that no amount of talent is worth having scum like that in your locker room.
Maybe my prediction will come true after all - Faiders or ratbirds it is.

NM

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Wouldn't it be great if younger Vick and Ron Mexico were both out of football permanantly in a few years?

ron mexico might make a nice situational receiver for the steelers :grin:

ngreene15
01-06-2006, 06:22 PM
It's a shame to see talented, athletic players like that f**k up their career like that.

Take after your brother Marcus!! Jeez.

SteelCityMan786
01-06-2006, 06:30 PM
What a shamefull act Vick. Can't following big brother Mike's Footsteps.

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Take after his brother? You sure about that? Michael has had his own share of problems, including a charge against him of theft (well, against one of his "posse", but...), and the whole Ron Mexico herpes thing isn't great PR either. He also has 2 kids from 2 different women. Michael was lucky at VT and was basically a mamma's boy, but he went a little nuts once he went pro. The Falcons have 110 million invested in him, and they have him under the strictest supervision now...

I don't care for either of them.

Brady12
01-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Marcus Vick has declared for the NFL Draft. Someone will take him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls05/news/story?id=2282642

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 08:59 AM
heres another thing i dont get. I understand all the other issues that made Marcus a problem. But just focusing alone on the "horrible" stomp....I didnt see it live but ive watched it on sportscenter over and over. Um, silly me but dont we see that kind of after the play nonsense after almost every single play in the NFL? the extra push in the face, the kick in the leg etc etc...... is this because its Marcus Vick? from the way everyone talked about it i thought he jumped up and down on it like Yosemite Sam when he thinks he has Bug Bunny in a bag or something?
im missing something about this.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Vick will be a Faider or a Ratbird most likley.It won't take him long to supplant Collins or BoLLLLLLLLLLLLLLer.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Throwing away all that opportunity !! He deserves what he gets!

tony hipchest
01-07-2006, 12:17 PM
heres another thing i dont get. I understand all the other issues that made Marcus a problem. But just focusing alone on the "horrible" stomp....I didnt see it live but ive watched it on sportscenter over and over. Um, silly me but dont we see that kind of after the play nonsense after almost every single play in the NFL? the extra push in the face, the kick in the leg etc etc...... is this because its Marcus Vick? from the way everyone talked about it i thought he jumped up and down on it like Yosemite Sam when he thinks he has Bug Bunny in a bag or something?
im missing something about this.this was the straw that broke the camels back. his 3rd strike so to speak. vt was tired of his act with his last infraction and he had been put on notice. what he did last week was show a total lack of respect and self contol. the traits that have been getting him in trouble all along. they ralized this leopard wasnt gonna change his spots and he was fairly warned. and if you saw the stomp, it was more than your average weekly extra curricular activity. he intentially tried to maim a defenseless player laying face 1st on the ground. pretty chickenshit and bush leage, then he lies and called it an accident? be accountable vick! were not all stupid morons like he is.

theres always fights in hockey too but then there is stepping over the line like in the donald brashier incident. vt did the right thing and i dont think anyone should be saying poor vick.

clevestinks
01-07-2006, 12:30 PM
Didn`t you know that the World owes Vick something? He doesn`t need football, he has Michael to lead the way! he is walking on water!o
I know it won`t happen, but I wish he had to resort to Canadian football

LambertIsGod58
01-07-2006, 01:52 PM
What's the big deal? He's a cheap imitation of his brother, who isn't good either.

SteelR1
01-07-2006, 01:56 PM
Good Job VT!!!!!!!!!!

SalukiSteelers
01-07-2006, 02:03 PM
The best part about the Vick thing is a quote I saw on ESPN, last night. Instead of man-ing up and admitting he was a jerk and apologizing for his brutal behavior while at VT, Vick said (and I'm paraphrasing)this about getting kicked off the team: "I don't really care. I'll just go to next level, baby." Wow, this guy just doesn't get it, does he? It makes me wonder if he even gets drafted.

Prosdo
01-07-2006, 03:08 PM
He will probably by the Ravens or Raiders lol

tony hipchest
01-07-2006, 03:27 PM
The best part about the Vick thing is a quote I saw on ESPN, last night. Instead of man-ing up and admitting he was a jerk and apologizing for his brutal behavior while at VT, Vick said (and I'm paraphrasing)this about getting kicked off the team: "I don't really care. I'll just go to next level, baby." Wow, this guy just doesn't get it, does he? It makes me wonder if he even gets drafted. its not like he wanted to stay in school for an education. hes looking for a winning lottery ticket and thats it. if that means playing a game for 5-10 years im sure hes happy with that but he just dont seem like the type of person who is looking at getting a job and a career after football as an option. life is pretty much an ongoing party for him.

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 03:28 PM
hes not even all that good so he'll get his when 5 years from hes flippin burgers

SalukiSteelers
01-07-2006, 04:03 PM
its not like he wanted to stay in school for an education. hes looking for a winning lottery ticket and thats it. if that means playing a game for 5-10 years im sure hes happy with that but he just dont seem like the type of person who is looking at getting a job and a career after football as an option. life is pretty much an ongoing party for him.

Oh yeah, I know that guy wasn't there for the ed-ja-ma-ca-shun, but he still should be bright enough to know how to fake it to the media. America eats up false contrition and sincerity and if Vick's IQ was equal to his jersey number, he'd know that. What, he can't ask his brother for advice on how to deal with stuff? The dude is a doofus, hipchest, and if he can't fake it any better than that, he better be one heck of a QB.

NFL teams will give jerks a shot -- see Lawrence Phillips, Maurice Clarett, the goofball woman beater from the Dolphins (Cecil the Diesel??) -- but they'll only put up with it if the good exceeds the garbage. With this guy, the Dumpster lid is overflowing and there's no recycleables in site.

It's not like he's ever done anything other than have the same father as Mike. Other than that, he's had a terribly disappointing college career and an even more reprehensible sense of self-control and responsibility to his name, his coach and team, the university he represents and its fans, and, finally, to himself. Next level?!? Not with the way he's going.

Any takers that he DOESN'T fail his urinalysis before the draft?