PDA

View Full Version : Redskins whack Jason Taylor

tony hipchest
03-02-2009, 03:39 PM
-as per nfl radio.

well that is a fine example of a 2nd round pick and $12 mil. pissed into the wind.

29 tackles and 4 sacks. just under half a mil per tackle. :doh:

so who gets him?

patriots?

Preacher
03-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Well, for vet minimum. . . . :chuckle:

rbryan
03-02-2009, 04:04 PM
That Snyder is a shrewd businessman ....lol........How did he make his money again?? Somebody better check his books, he'll be next in line for a Govt bailout.

I give Haynesworth 2 years in a Redskin uniform.

SteelCityKing
03-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Jason Taylor was a good player. i liked him. i STILL like him. so, i hope he goes somewhere special and gets the hell out of Washington. that place is where good players go to die. haha!

devilsdancefloor
03-02-2009, 04:10 PM
wow i too like him always seemed to a nice guy. well sorry abuot havng to go to the * .

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Just goes to show that Bill Parcells knows how to build a football team. Dan Snyder does not.

NEPAsteeler
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Albert Haynesworth better watch himself :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
03-02-2009, 04:46 PM
why wouldn't you want both Taylor and Haynesworth on the defense at the same time? I don't get it.

"Lets bring in this great LB/DE in Taylor" "awesome, we are the 4th best defense in the league!" "now lets bring in Haynesworth! Awesome, now we'll be even better! Now lets get rid of Taylor and not be better than last year! Awesome!"

makes no sense to me. I don't get it. So glad I'm a Steelers fan.

revefsreleets
03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Taylor isn't done...there's a place for him as a DE on a 4-3 D somewhere. He's a decent guy...

MasterOfPuppets
03-02-2009, 04:53 PM
i think he'll retire...:popcorn:

The Duke
03-02-2009, 06:01 PM
sonds like the perfect mentor for bruce davis....

for vet minimum of course :chuckle:

KeiselPower99
03-02-2009, 06:24 PM
Leave it to the Redskins to piss away and get rid of a Pro Bowl Hall of Famer. Woodley could use a great backup.

tony hipchest
03-02-2009, 06:41 PM
appearantly he refused to sign a clause in his contract that required him to participate in atleast half of the off season workouts.

way to fight for a championship jason. :thumbsup:

sounds like he just got too spoiled being the big football fish in the small miami pond.

XxKnightxX
03-02-2009, 07:34 PM
He had a down year with injuries , that could of killed him, hopefully he gets his act straight. I say he goes into the horizon or he signs with the iggles or panthers

steelpride12
03-02-2009, 08:16 PM
Well im calling it now, he is gonna be like Haynesworth is. He came in, everyone expecting high standards and he just didn't produce and I guarentee it now Albert won't exeed expectations or at least not even close to anyone worth $100 Million.

BrandonCarr39
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
That Snyder is a shrewd businessman ....lol........How did he make his money again?? Somebody better check his books, he'll be next in line for a Govt bailout.

Synder's biggest mistake was drafting THREE receivers in round 2 last year-Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, and Pete Davis...when, in fact, there were ALREADY plenty of pass rushers in that same round(i.e. Trevor Laws, C. Campbell, etc).

The Thomas and Davis picks were good, but if they had gotten a Laws or a Campbell with their other round 2 pick, they wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Galax Steeler
03-03-2009, 04:17 AM
i think he'll retire...:popcorn:

I would say you are probably right.

stlrtruck
03-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Look for him to go to the JETS!

lilyoder6
03-03-2009, 08:34 AM
taylor could go back to miami.. lol...

like said b4.. he could sign w/ us for vet min.. if he wants a ring.. would have a good back-up.. would have another rusher to put in the game with harrison and woodly.. and would be nice 4 him to teach

Michael Keller
03-03-2009, 09:02 AM

Snyder's lucky he didn"t have top take the WONDERLIC(K) test.

CanadianSteel
03-03-2009, 09:40 AM
He probably go to the PATS like all disgruntled Vets..

LVSteelersfan
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
The Patriots always try to pick up players like this to end their careers. Actually it is not a bad strategy to pick up former stars who are at the end of their careers for vet minimum to have some experienced backups or fill in needed holes. It is better than paying HUGE cap killing salaries to free agents. As much as I hate the Patsies, the way they draft and fill holes is admirable. Fortunately the Rooneys seem to have it figured out as well. I don't understand teams like the Deadskins and Faders.

AllD
03-03-2009, 03:00 PM
He jumped the shark when he started dancing and got an attitude. He thought Miami was going to continue sliding when in fact they did better without him.

Now he doesn't want to practice. Let me tell you, players don't get paid to play. They would play for FREE. They get paid to practice and be away from their families.

revefsreleets
03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
That's not necessarily true. Hines Ward sits out a lot of practices. Players at the end of their careers can extend their shelf-life a little by limiting day-today abuse. I'm not going to hold that against the guy too much...

He should probably hang up his cleats though...