View Full Version : Memo to NFL Owners

mesaSteeler
03-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Memo to NFL Owners

by Nick Signorelli (Scribe)
March 02, 2009
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/132661-momo-to-nfl-owners/poll_results#poll

Memo to all NFL owners:

Now that we are almost a week into the 2009 league year, and there are some concerns we need to address.

I am not sure why most of you are not aware of this, but Lombardi trophies can not be purchased. They have to be earned, and only one is given out each year.

Some of you, even though it has been proven not to work, continually try to bring in countless free agents, with massive contracts, only to fall short again and again.

Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder: I was so happy with you last off-season. You did such a good job at not opening your check book to sign everyone rated 90 or better in Madden 09.

When the Oakland Raiders released Deangelo Hall, you picked him up. I should have seen this coming.

Dan, I think you have a problem. Have you ever heard of a shopaholic? I think you may be one; get help.

Denver Broncos. After firing Mike Shanahan, you brought in a good young coach and GM; both very good moves.

You need to tell them both it is not a good idea to piss off your franchise quarterback! Do you know how hard it is to find a franchise QB? Ask the Lions.

You have already signed two running backs in JJ Arrington and Correll Buckhalter; Why are you bringing in Cedrick Benson?

In addition, you have signed six other people from other teams. Have you been getting advice from Snyder?

New York Jets: We thought last year you were just trying to close the gap with the New England Patriots. You were acting like the Broncos did this year.

Then when you traded for Brett Favre, everyone thought you were poised to pass the Patriots. How did that work for you?

Now you're at it again. Who is going to be your QB this year?

Teams, if you want to be successful, look at the most successful team in the NFL: the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pittsburgh does not spend ridiculous amounts of money on other teams free agents. They build their team through the draft. And how do they do that?

First off, they always take the best available player. Was a running back really what they needed with their first-round pick last year? No, but it is better to take the best player available than to reach for someone not worth the pick.

Character. Do you really think if Pacman Jones would have been available when Pittsburgh drafted they would have taken him?

Pittsburgh only drafts people with good character. If they draft someone who develops character issues, (Plaxico Burress), he will not be resigned when his contract is up. Did you read that one, Cincinnati?

Another thing. We really need to stop lying to people about these contracts.

Albert Haynesworth signed a 7-year, $115 million contract. The reality is that he will never see the last three years of this deal. The first four years are valued at $48 million, the last three are at close to $70 million.

We are in an economic downturn. People laid off do not need to be hearing how someone is going to make that much money when they are not.

President Obama said we need change in Washington. Mr. Snyder, I think he was talking about you.

The deal that Chris Kemoeatu signed with Pittsburgh is for four years and $20 million. He will see every penny of that, as long as he doesn't get injured.

Coaching: Do you realize that the Pittsburgh Steelers have had a TOTAL of three head coaches in the last 30 years? Al Davis had two this season.

Al Davis and Jerry Jones, the reason this works is because the Rooneys own and let the coaches coach. That is how it works.

Remember Jimmy Johnson, Jerry? When you let him coach, you won the Super Bowl. When you interfere, you have won none!

In conclusion, teams, the Pittsburgh Steelers scout the right way, draft the right way, coach the right way, own the right way, and re-sign their players to real contracts, the right way.

Like I said before, Lombardi trophies cannot be purchased, they have to be earned. And no one has done a better job at earning them than the Pittsburgh Steelers. That's why they have six!

SteelCityKing
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
NICE POST!

devilsdancefloor
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
Nice read thanks for posting!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

SteelCityMan786
03-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Someone giving the Steelers some LOVE!!! :cheers:

Hapa
03-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Yessssssss I <3 the Steelers

lilyoder6
03-02-2009, 10:50 PM
what a funny article...

jev7452
03-02-2009, 11:37 PM
thats right!!!!

tony hipchest
03-02-2009, 11:54 PM
Memo to NFL Owners
:

Quit being dumbass dicks, who not only make it harder for us to sign our own players, but over inflate the franchise tag values (incase the steelers actually wish to go that route).

in the meantime.... scout, draft, and develop your own players and you may win a championship or two.

oh, and quit replacing a head coach on an average of every three years and you may not suck as bad.

P.S. Your sorry assed franchise couldnt pick out 3 coaches who would top noll/cowher/tomlin.

MaidenIndiana
03-03-2009, 01:19 AM
You know what? It must really suck being a fan of the kind of football teams that memo was talking about

stlrtruck
03-03-2009, 08:23 AM
What really sucks is now Mesa gave away the farm and the trolls in here will report back to their "leaders" and explain to them how to do it! LOL

Oh yes, I love the smell of championships!!!

4xSBChamps
03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Memo to NFL Owners

by Nick Signorelli (Scribe)
March 02, 2009
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/132661-momo-to-nfl-owners/poll_results#poll

Teams, if you want to be successful, look at the most successful team in the NFL: the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Pittsburgh does not spend ridiculous amounts of money on other teams free agents. They build their team through the draft. And how do they do that?

First off, they always take the best available player. (1) Was a running back really what they needed with their first-round pick last year? No, but it is better to take the best player available than to reach for someone not worth the pick.

Character. Do you really think if Pacman Jones would have been available when Pittsburgh drafted they would have taken him?

Pittsburgh only drafts people with good character. If they draft someone who develops character issues, (Plaxico Burress), he will not be resigned when his contract is up. (2)

(1) - this has been the case since Noll became Coach in '69, drafting Bradshaw the year after drafting Hanratty

(2) - I believe Ernie Holmes and/or Glen Edwards was one of the first examples of this allowing them to leave when Noll felt they became a detriment to the team, even-though they'd been valuable members of SB winning teams.

lilyoder6
03-03-2009, 09:19 AM
What really sucks is now Mesa gave away the farm and the trolls in here will report back to their "leaders" and explain to them how to do it! LOL

Oh yes, I love the smell of championships!!!

that still won't work.. there "leaders' love to sign too many players in FA

tunes4life
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Washington Redskins owner Daniel Snyder: I was so happy with you last off-season. You did such a good job at not opening your check book to sign everyone rated 90 or better in Madden 09.

I'm gonna use this! Thanks!

:drink:

iceman000123
03-03-2009, 11:00 AM
That was deep man. I i couldn't have even dreamed of saying it better. Time to apply this in madden in my next off-season

CanadianSteel
03-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Nice read for sure and the only way the Steelers make headlines during FA period...