PDA

View Full Version : herm edwards a chief. parcells will stay

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 05:06 PM
chiefs give up a 4th round pick to the jets for herm and parcells signed a 2 year extension. i hope to watch the cowboys suck another year and make him quit (once again)

Ambridge
01-06-2006, 05:48 PM
I really don't understand Kansas City going after Herm Edwards.
Herm's had a few good seasons with the Jets but he's really not accomplished anything special in New York and he's been notoriously bad with clock management and in game decisions making.

tony hipchest
01-06-2006, 06:04 PM
i guess because hes a dick vermiel protege who had his endorsement and his excellent motivational skills. his in game mgmt does seem to be the knock on him though. atleast hes a defensive minded coach. i think dick vermiel had alot to do with this decision

Suitanim
01-06-2006, 06:52 PM
They'll have a honeymoon year in KC, go 12-4, win the division and lose in the 2nd round of the playoffs next year...

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 08:53 AM
you know whats interesting?
Belichick takes a bad team in Cleveland, eventually builds them into a very good 11-5 playoff team, before Modell submarines everything in 1995.
so...1 playoff team in 5 years and hes a "failure in Cleveland"
Vermeil has 1 playoff team in 5 years and is a great success.
Herm Edwards has 3 playoff teams in 5 years and is considered a step down in KC?

please explain all this to me.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I think KC will have a better team next year.Herm is a very disciplined guy,and it'll show in the Chiefs play.

I wonder if we'll see all of Herm's press conferances now that he's out of NY's media glare?

SteelCityMan786
01-07-2006, 11:18 AM
That's real Cheap. The Jets Get a Draft Pick In Exchange. I didn't know you were allowed to trade coaches.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Yeah values and respect for the game landed him that job in KC. I'd venture a guess that the STeelers would have gone after him had we needed a coach. He's a rooney type of coach, and the chiefs are very well respected around the league just like we are.

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Edwards is a terrific coach. He took mediocre Jet teams very far. hey, remember last years playoffs??? tell me that team had any business taking the Steelers that far.

clevestinks
01-07-2006, 12:20 PM
???????? If the Jets wanted him gone! and they must have to only as a fourth round pick for him. Then why didn`t they just let him go?
Parcells stays in Dallas, cool no worries from them for a few more years. I am probably the only one here that is a Parcells hater. I think he has won some games, with alot of coordinators help, he took over some good teams that he shouldn`t have gotten credit for. And when he falls on his face like this year all the blame goes somewhere else. He is an I I I I I I coach!

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 12:50 PM
yeah, i respect Parcells a great deal, but ive never forgiven him for negotiating with the Jets during the 1996 Patriot playoff run. all that crap ruined what should have been a glorious time. And its interesting how Parcells has won 2 SB's, but other than the 1994 Patriots and 2003 Cowboys hes never been to the playoffs without Bill Belichick. Belichick meanwhile, has 3 SB's as a coach and been the DC with 2 others.
Parcells is 5 games over. 500 with Dallas, 10 over with the Jets, and was exactly .500 with the Patriots. 15 games over .500 over his last 10 years of coaching. Meanwhile, Belichick is 72-33 with the Patriots, including playoffs. So who do you think a Patriot fan thinks is the real genius?

tony hipchest
01-07-2006, 12:56 PM
yeah, i respect Parcells a great deal, but ive never forgiven him for negotiating with the Jets during the 1996 Patriot playoff run. all that crap ruined what should have been a glorious time. And its interesting how Parcells has won 2 SB's, but other than the 1994 Patriots and 2003 Cowboys hes never been to the playoffs without Bill Belichick. Belichick meanwhile, has 3 SB's as a coach and been the DC with 2 others.
Parcells is 5 games over. 500 with Dallas, 10 over with the Jets, and was exactly .500 with the Patriots. 15 games over .500 over his last 10 years of coaching. Meanwhile, Belichick is 72-33 with the Patriots, including playoffs. So who do you think a Patriot fan thinks is the real genius?

throwing out all the genius talk there is credence to that argument. parcells is a quitter if you ask me and im a little shocked he is gonna try and see this dallas thing through. i bet belichick is his replacement there when he finally hangs it up (like father like son:grin: )

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 01:01 PM
its one reason why the 2001 AFCC Game was so important to me. With that win Belichick got the Patriots as far as Parcells did and FINALLY all the Tuna talk in Boston could be put to rest. 5 years of the ghost of Parcells was very aggravating.

tony hipchest
01-07-2006, 01:26 PM
its one reason why the 2001 AFCC Game was so important to me. With that win Belichick got the Patriots as far as Parcells did and FINALLY all the Tuna talk in Boston could be put to rest. 5 years of the ghost of Parcells was very aggravating.

i never liked tuna with the nfc and started to come around when he made the switch to the afc. of course i was and am a huge curtis martin fan and really liked ben coats, d. bledsoe, and t. glenn. what he did to the team was crap, though and i finally lost all interrest in them when they let c. martin go. tuna is just to wishy washy to really be likeable and he flopped when all the hype was placed on him based off his giants (with 'chick) success.

it also bugs me that parcells is talked about as such a great coach and an automatic 1st ballot hof er. yet there will always be questions about cowher cause he never won the big one. i think cowher is much better. and like previously stated parcells hasnt done more than cowher without 'chick. cowher has shown extreme loyalty to the fans and city too.

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
the irony of sports:

the Patriot fans owe everything to Scott Norwood. Had the Bills won, Parcells is not a 2 time SB winner and maybe he doesnt get persued as hart by Orthwein in New England in 1992. Without the resurgance from Parcells and Bledsoe maybe Kraft doesnt buy the team and they move to St Louis. Without Parcells, Belichick never comes in as Asst Coach in 1996 and connects with Kraft. So none of this happens in New England.
In the meantime, Marv Levy is a SB winning genius. Jim Kelly is Tom Brady. And Norwood is Vinatieri.

tony hipchest
01-07-2006, 02:10 PM
the irony of sports:

the Patriot fans owe everything to Scott Norwood. Had the Bills won, Parcells is not a 2 time SB winner and maybe he doesnt get persued as hart by Orthwein in New England in 1992. Without the resurgance from Parcells and Bledsoe maybe Kraft doesnt buy the team and they move to St Louis. Without Parcells, Belichick never comes in as Asst Coach in 1996 and connects with Kraft. So none of this happens in New England.
In the meantime, Marv Levy is a SB winning genius. Jim Kelly is Tom Brady. And Norwood is Vinatieri. maybe the bills dont go 4-4 but i think they have a great chance if they have the confidince gained if norwood makes that kick. those bills were one of my favorite teams of all time. i think they have a great shot of beating the upstart cowboys if they go into that game 2-0 in sb's

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 02:56 PM
I cant agree about Cowher being better than Parcells. If he wins a SB mmmaybe.