PDA

View Full Version : Latest Yahoo! Sports Mock Draft

RoethlisBURGHer
03-03-2009, 03:10 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Alvuub37LxemaatDvBOrBSk5nYcB?slug=ys-draftmockv030209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There is the link for anyone who wants to see the entire thing.

They have us taking C/G Alex Mack out of Cal at #32 in the first round and T Phil Loadholt out of Oklahoma to play RT with #64 in the second round.

I like those two picks, actually I LOVE those two picks!

Texasteel
03-03-2009, 05:27 PM
I love the picks as well! But the FO seems to look for the BPA, instead of scrutinizing our needs. Id be very surprised if we picked up two QUALITY o-linemen that early in the draft!

If Mack is still there at 32, I believe he will be the BAP

xfl2001fan
03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Browns going with a pass rusher and a DE? I wouldn't complain about that.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I could live with Mack and Loadholt, but I also think that moving up to get either Jarron Gilbert or Fili Moala in the 2nd would be even better.

Since he is a RT I would rather take a shot at Alex Boone or Jamon Meridith in the 3rd.

#1 Mack
#2 Moala
#3 Boone
.......................that would be a nice first 3 rounds!!!!

St33lersguy
03-03-2009, 09:27 PM
For some reason I think that if Alphonso Smith is still on the board unless Michael Oher slips to #32 which will not happen then I see the Steelers taking him

WitchKing701
03-04-2009, 03:41 PM
OL in round 1, DE in round 2. The OL needs some competition, obviously, but Kemo and Stapleton are both young guys coming off their first seasons. I doubt we'll go with OL guys in the first 2 rounds, unless OL guys are BPAs.

The Definiti0n
03-04-2009, 04:32 PM
If we lose McFadden and a 1st rd corner is still available I think we will take one. Either Smith or Moore

steelerdave1969
03-07-2009, 08:53 AM
The Steelers will in my opinion select the best available player at 32. I would love to see it be C Alex Mack or a D-lineman, but I guess we will just have to wait and see..

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-07-2009, 10:06 AM
OL in round 1, DE in round 2. The OL needs some competition, obviously, but Kemo and Stapleton are both young guys coming off their first seasons. .

I think Darnell Dockery just got another sack on Ben as I was typing this....Stapleton is a wave player only...not a starter...You can bet that we will get an interior linemen and a OT in this draft

KeiselPower99
03-07-2009, 11:45 AM
I think Darnell Dockery just got another sack on Ben as I was typing this....Stapleton is a wave player only...not a starter...You can bet that we will get an interior linemen and a OT in this draft

Stapleton is good as a stop gap guy or as a injury replacement. Nothing more. So I have to agree with you. The last pick I got right when predicting the Steelers first pick was Ben. Every year the guy we are locked in on is taking before we pick. Remember Matt Jones? Nick Mangold? Gosder Cherilus? All guys the "experts" said was our guys.