PDA

View Full Version : How Obama Got Elected

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-03-2009, 02:12 PM
This is why I think there should be a quiz or something when you register to vote.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mm1KOBMg1Y8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

Kudos to all who said "I don't know", at least they didn't knee jerk and say "PALIN"

hindes204
03-03-2009, 07:29 PM
:doh:

These are the thoughts of alot of people who got all of their information from the mainstream media...all through 2008, i did the same kind of research project, just for personal reasons. so everytime politics came up i would ask the Obama voters and the Mcain voters the same questions, and what i realized, wasnt that Obama voters were dumb, which is what i think this video is trying to portray, but they were just very mis-informed

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Kudos to all who said "I don't know", at least they didn't knee jerk and say "PALIN"

problem with most GOP voters is that even the most idiotic and uneducated of the bunch are still convinced they know everything.

KeiselPower99
03-03-2009, 09:29 PM
The reason Obama won??? Simple. He wasnt Republican. The media shoved it down our throats that the Republicans was bad for America and that Obama was the right choice. My sister in law voted for him cause he was black. Simple as that. Add the race factor to the non Republican fact and there you go. This is why I listen to talk radio. Glenn Beck Sean Hannity and Michael Savage are the only ones that know what is going on.

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 10:09 PM
glenn beck.... :chuckle:

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 10:27 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/yokels.jpg

Who wuz dat Rush sed i shud vote fer???" :huh:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/republicanvoters.jpg

steelwall
03-03-2009, 10:33 PM
problem with most GOP voters is that even the most idiotic and uneducated of the bunch are still convinced they know everything.

Come on Toney what happened to being humble and unbiased? And I guess that there's no idiotic or uneducated democrates?:noidea:

I don't know anyone who claims they know everything....

The Patriot
03-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Come on Toney what happened to being humble and unbiased? And I guess that there's no idiotic or uneducated democrates?:noidea:

I don't know anyone who claims they know everything....

But, surely, if I were to post a video of a Klan rally with members holding up McCain signs amongst racist and violent depictions of Obama, and I were to claim that the video accurately portrayed McCain voters, you would be offended to be tied with such ignorance. Therefore, you can understand why someone would take offense to the opposite extreme.

That is assuming you voted for McCain.

steelwall
03-03-2009, 11:03 PM
But, surely, if I were to post a video of a Klan rally with members holding up McCain signs amongst racist and violent depictions of Obama, and I were to claim that the video accurately portrayed McCain voters, you would be offended to be tied with such ignorance. Therefore, you can understand why someone would take offense to the opposite extreme.

That is assuming you voted for McCain.

If you could provide such a video I would be in utter disgust, but wouldn't hold it against Mcain. I'm white my wife is Chinese my future child will be mixed race. Race has no bearing who I vote for. Nor have I ever said that the actions of a few represent the whole of a party.

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 11:13 PM
If you could provide such a video I would be in utter disgust, but wouldn't hold it against Mcain. I'm white my wife is Chinese my future child will be mixed race. Race has no bearing who I vote for. Nor have I ever said that the actions of a few represent the whole of a party.see... thats the difference here.

the dems on this board arent posting such "sour grapes" videos.

and even when bush was prez, the dem population on this board wasnt posting such trash.

this thread is simply a piece of shit so i felt compelled to drop my dump on it.

"when in rome..." :poop:

and this thread has nothing to do with race-

......Obama voters were dumb, which is what i think this video is trying to portray, but they were just very mis-informed

enjoy!

The Patriot
03-03-2009, 11:14 PM
If you could provide such a video I would be in utter disgust, but wouldn't hold it against Mcain. I'm white my wife is Chinese my future child will be mixed race. Race has no bearing who I vote for. Nor have I ever said that the actions of a few represent the whole of a party.

I have no doubt. I wasn't accusing you. But then we agree that this video does not fairly nor accurately depict Obama voters, but, instead, highlights a small select group of ignorance.

steelwall
03-03-2009, 11:23 PM
see... thats the difference here.

the dems on this board arent posting such "sour grapes" videos.

and even when bush was prez, the dem population on this board wasnt posting such trash.

this thread is simply a piece of shit so i felt compelled to drop my dump on it.

"when in rome..." :poop:

and this thread has nothing to do with race-

enjoy!

You know what, I didn't even bother to watch this video untill your last post because I figured it would be garbage, but I see no wrong in this video. I think it shows just how in the dark most people are. I'm not saying it's all democrates as I'm sure there's plenty as you said "idiotic" "uneducated" republicans. But I guess without me posting a link to that comment you never said it?

It's called freedom of speach live with it.

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 11:32 PM
You know what, I didn't even bother to watch this video untill your last post because I figured it would be garbage, but I see no wrong in this video. I think it shows just how in the dark most people are. I'm not saying it's all democrates as I'm sure there's plenty as you said "idiotic" "uneducated" republicans. But I guess without me posting a link to that comment you never said it?

It's called freedom of speach live with it.
see...

youre missing one MAJOR point here...

the OP is saying it is all democrats. :doh:

and to address the rest of your post, its called tongue in cheek, satire.

if you cant live with it, i certainly suggest you get used to it if you are gonna read and respond to my posts.

have a nice day! :smile:

:popcorn:

steelwall
03-03-2009, 11:36 PM
see...

youre missing one MAJOR point here...

the OP is saying it is all democrats. :doh:

and to address the rest of your post, its called tongue in cheek, satire.

if you cant live with it, i certainly swuggest you get used to it if you are gonna read and respond to my posts.

have a nice day! :smile:

Sorry I missed the part were anyone said "ALL" democrates, and if by some chance they did they are wrong, plain and simple. The video does show a number of complete tools, no doubt.

And you have a nice day too my friend:wink02:

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 11:42 PM
Sorry I missed the part were anyone said "ALL" democrates, and if by some chance they did they are wrong, plain and simple. The video does show a number of complete tools, no doubt.

And you have a nice day too my friend:wink02:

did you happen to read the title of the thread?

that is "ALL" inclusive.

and just to clear things up, the reason you havent bothered, or "had the will", to post links to all the bogus shit you sling against me is because YOU CANT. :busted:

...nothing else. :bouncy:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-04-2009, 12:02 AM
Please point out where I said "all democrats" or even "some democrats".... Fact is I never said such a thing. Please don't tell me what I did and did not say, and please do not put words in my mouth.

I stumbled upon this and found it rather humorous. These people only knew what CNN rammed down their throats. The media made Palin out to be a moron so when asked "who claimed to have campaigned in 57 states" they automatically said it was Palin. This is why I think you should be required to take a multiple choice test to make sure you actually know what you are voting for before being allowed to vote.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-04-2009, 12:03 AM

that is "ALL" inclusive.

and just to clear things up, the reason you havent bothered, or "had the will", to post links to all the bogus shit you sling against me is because YOU CANT. :busted:

It's the name of the video hot shot. Since I was linking to the video, I used the title of the video in my post. Nice try...

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 12:10 AM
the thread sucked.

own it.

steelwall
03-04-2009, 12:18 AM

that is "ALL" inclusive.

Yeah the title is How Obama got elected....sorry but your all shit is the only thing bogus here Toney. So sling your poo wherever you want. :coffee:

steelwall
03-04-2009, 12:20 AM
And also why are you slingin your poo at me, have I not said that I support the man now he is in office, and hope he can do REAL change? Have I not owned up to everything I said in the past? The poo slinging is on you my man:popcorn:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-04-2009, 01:05 AM
the thread sucked.

own it.

So if someone posts a thread that you disagree with, it sucks? Great logic :applaudit:

KeiselPower99
03-04-2009, 08:48 AM
People are sheep and do what ever the media or whatever their peers do. Obama was the in vogue person and everyone in the media got behind him. There for when Oprah CNN NBC and ABC all show Obama first on the news that is what people are gonna remember. Also about the "Sour Grapes" videos, dont tell me if McCain/Palin wouldve won you wouldnt be posting that kinda stuff.

fansince'76
03-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Gotta love the offseason. :coffee:

JEFF4i
03-04-2009, 11:22 AM

:chuckle:

I actually had a dream last night that the Steelers started playing preseason games early, making it about 8 weeks without football. Was glorious.

Bottom line: Idiots are on all sides of the political spectrum. Its not a matter of intelligence, its a matter of education. Not formal education, but the desire to be enlightened on issues and attempting to gather as much information as possible and filter and cross-reference to understand truth. However, few do this.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2009, 11:53 AM

I DO!

well not really...but at least I don't have to sing up on another board to rant and rave about politics and world events....or ugly cats...or stuff...

Gotta love the Locker Room!!!

lilyoder6
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
didn't we go thru a thread like this the day after obama was elected????

The Patriot
03-04-2009, 05:42 PM
People are sheep and do what ever the media or whatever their peers do. Obama was the in vogue person and everyone in the media got behind him. There for when Oprah CNN NBC and ABC all show Obama first on the news that is what people are gonna remember. Also about the "Sour Grapes" videos, dont tell me if McCain/Palin wouldve won you wouldnt be posting that kinda stuff.

I certainly hope I wouldn't be making negative statements about the sovereignty of mankind.

Dragonrider
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Hannity is an absolute joke. I have listened to many of the different talk radio people. The spew all kinds of garbage and stick to it even when proven wrong. I gave up on it. Now the only talk radio I like is NFL radio.

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 07:38 PM
So if someone posts a thread that you disagree with, it sucks?

no. your thread just so happened to be juvenile BS propoganda and flat out sucked.

i would expect the same reaction if i posted michael moore propoganda on this board. (then again, i dont post that tripe on this board, now do i?)

anyways, keeping the spirit of the OP i will reatract my statement that this thread sucks and just reinforce that the REAL reason obama got elected was this-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/yokels.jpg

Who wuz dat Rush sed i shud vote fer???" :huh:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/republicanvoters.jpg

:chuckle: and actually, mccain lost by a much greater margin than the typical yokel voters could influence. i guess they just related more to bush than him and didnt bother turning out like the obama voters you wish to give "tests" to. :rolleyes:

:noidea:

cubanstogie
03-04-2009, 08:42 PM
Hannity is an absolute joke. I have listened to many of the different talk radio people. The spew all kinds of garbage and stick to it even when proven wrong. I gave up on it. Now the only talk radio I like is NFL radio.

Why is he a joke, because he has strong family values and wants to hold people accountable instead of hand outs to all. Colmes was the joke before he left the show, Hannity used to eat his lunch.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-05-2009, 02:50 AM
So Tony you don't think EVERY voter should at least be able to correctly choose a few key stances of their candidate or at least know what party is controlling congress, etc.? I don't think you should be able to vote if you don't know anything about what you are voting for. I guess that is what the Electoral College is for though.

steelwall
03-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Why is he a joke, because he has strong family values and wants to hold people accountable instead of hand outs to all. Colmes was the joke before he left the show, Hannity used to eat his lunch.

Yeah Hannity used to also take Colme's lunch money and Colmes would have to go to his "happy" place to keep from crying about...:noidea: at least thats what I heard.....:laughing:

lilyoder6
03-05-2009, 03:23 AM
i think that there are sev reasons to why obama got elected.. and race is one of them.. but who doesn't know that