PDA

View Full Version : iPod help...

NEPAsteeler
03-03-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll get right to the point...

Right now I have an iPod Nano. I want to get an iPod Touch. Will I have to re-download of the songs I've purchased on itunes or will they automatically download to the new iPod when I plug it into my computer?

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hammer67
03-03-2009, 04:01 PM
I'll get right to the point...

Right now I have an iPod Nano. I want to get an iPod Touch. Will I have to re-download of the songs I've purchased on itunes or will they automatically download to the new iPod when I plug it into my computer?

Any help will be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

itunes songs are encrypted but they will work on any iTunes approved device, and that includes the iPod Touch.

If you want DRM free music, download mp3's from a site like Amazon.com and just import them into any program you want (iTunes for Apple ipods, Zune for Microsoft Zune)

:thumbsup:

NEPAsteeler
03-03-2009, 04:04 PM
itunes songs are encrypted but they will work on any iTunes approved device, and that includes the iPod Touch.

If you want DRM free music, download mp3's from a site like Amazon.com and just import them into any program you want (iTunes for Apple ipods, Zune for Microsoft Zune)

:thumbsup:

Thanks! I just wasn't sure if I would have to download all my songs over again once I plugged a new iPod into my computer.

deweybeachde
03-03-2009, 04:56 PM
Just bought the iTouch today and it synced everything over after plugging it in.

Just set up a new name for the new device like "My iTouch" so it differentiates between the iTouch and the Nano

NEPAsteeler
03-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Just bought the iTouch today and it synced everything over after plugging it in.

Just set up a new name for the new device like "My iTouch" so it differentiates between the iTouch and the Nano

Awesome, thanks! :thumbsup: