PDA

View Full Version : GOP leaders fighting for control???

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 06:18 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19517.html

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry

Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele says he has reached out to Rush Limbaugh to tell him he meant no offense when he referred to the popular conservative radio host as an “entertainer” whose show can be “incendiary.”

“My intent was not to go after Rush – I have enormous respect for Rush Limbaugh,” Steele said in a telephone interview. “I was maybe a little bit inarticulate. … There was no attempt on my part to diminish his voice or his leadership.”

The dust-up comes at a time when top Democrats are trying to make Limbaugh the face of the Republican Party, in part by using ads funded by labor. Americans United for Change sent a fund-raising e-mail Monday that begins: “The Republican Party has turned into the Rush Limbaugh Party.”

Steele told CNN host D.L. Hughley in an interview aired Saturday night: “Rush Limbaugh is an entertainer. Rush Limbaugh — his whole thing is entertainment. He has this incendiary — yes, it's ugly.”

Steele, who won a hard-fought chairman's race on Jan. 30, told Politico he telephoned Limbaugh after his show on Monday afternoon and hoped that they would connect soon.

“I went back at that tape and I realized words that I said weren’t what I was thinking,” Steele said. "It was one of those things where I thinking I was saying one thing, and it came out differently. What I was trying to say was a lot of people … want to make Rush the scapegoat, the bogeyman, and he’s not." :busted:

“I’m not going to engage these guys and sit back and provide them the popcorn for a fight between me and Rush Limbaugh,” Steele added. “No such thing is going to happen. … I wasn’t trying to slam him or anything.” :popcorn:

On Monday’s show, Limbaugh reacted both to the comment and to the assertion on CBS’s “Face the Nation” by White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel that the radio host is “the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party.” :yep:

Limbaugh said: “I'm not in charge of the Republican Party, and I don't want to be. :rolleyes: I would be embarrassed to say that I'm in charge of the Republican Party in the sad-sack state that it's in. If I were chairman of the Republican Party, given the state that it's in, I would quit. I might get out the hari-kari knife because I would have presided over a failure that is embarrassing to the Republicans and conservatives who have supported it and invested in it all these years.” :chuckle:

On the RushLimbaugh.com home page, the transcript is labeled: “A Few Words for Michael Steele.”

On Monday night, DNC Chairman Tim Kaine called on Republicans to "stop following divisive figures" like Limbaugh.

"I was briefly encouraged by the courageous comments made my counterpart in the Republican Party over the weekend challenging Rush Limbaugh as the leader of the Republican Party and referring to his show as ‘incendiary’ and ‘ugly,’" Kaine said in a statement. "However, Chairman Steele’s reversal this evening and his apology to Limbaugh proves the unfortunate point that Limbaugh is the leading force behind the Republican Party, its politics and its obstruction of President Obama’s agenda in Washington."

In the interview with Politico, Steele called Limbaugh “a very valuable conservative voice for our party.”

“He brings a very important message to the American people to wake up and pay attention to what the administration is doing," Steele said. "Number two, there are those out there who want to look at what he’s saying as incendiary and divisive and ugly. That’s what I was trying to say. It didn’t come out that way. … He does what he does best, which is provoke: He provokes thought, he provokes the left. And they’re clearly the ones who are most excited about him.” :yawn:

Asked if he planned to apologize, Steele said: “I wasn’t trying to offend anybody. So, yeah, if he’s offended, I’d say: Look, I’m not in the business of hurting people’s feelings here. … My job is to try to bring us all together.” :moon:

what a mess. its obvious rush is the pied piper of the shlemmingeep. and that cute little youtube video posted on how obama got elected is reciprocol of all the people who would jump off a cliff if rush asked it.

since comparing obama to bush is easier than getting ones own house in order, i can see why it has been the path chosen around here. :laughing:

(dont worry ribs, a dozen "obama is bush" threads will bump this one off the page in about a day).

revefsreleets
03-03-2009, 06:51 PM
I don't really listen to Rush.

Seems to me that the GOP is just fine...there is naturally going to be some internal strife along the way. The party needs to get this out of the way, get organized and take back control starting in '10.

This diversion really cannot deflect too much attention from Obama morphing into Bush no matter how much play from the mainstream media it gets. Nice try though...

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 07:20 PM
lmao at the continued (and predictable) obsession.

and the denial is hilarious! i predict you will be voting for obama in '12 as much as you love bush and as convinced you are that obama is his twin. :applaudit:

1st step to correcting a problem is admitting it exists.

good luck to the GOP in '10. (they'll need it).

hindes204
03-03-2009, 07:31 PM
lmao at the continued (and predictable) obsession.

and the denial is hilarious! i predict you will be voting for obama in '12 as much as you love bush and as convinced you are that obama is his twin. :applaudit:

1st step to correcting a problem is admitting it exists.

good luck to the GOP in '10. (they'll need it).

Not if all of this ridiculous spending fails, i dont think they will need luck at all

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Not if all of this ridiculous spending fails, i dont think they will need luck at allso youre saying the entire republican strategy hinges on hoping and praying for a bunch of "ifs"???

:thumbsup:

no wonder rush is so popular.

KeiselPower99
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Im not a Rush fan but he does have good points. Heck he even said that we needed Obama to win the election to fix the Republican party and for America to see how liberal he really was. The party needs to remember what its values are and when it does that and finds a voice to get behind the inner problems will cease.

7SteelGal43
03-03-2009, 10:12 PM
Rush Limbaugh is the voice of true conservatism. The GOPs problem is they've gotten away from that conservatism and they're caving to moderate REPs (liberal lite) and liberal DEMs. If the GOP wants to make gains in '10 and '12, they'll stand up for the same ideals Rush proclaims. Liberalism simply doesn't work. Caving to the libs is simply shameful.

Let the hate filled responses begin.

steelwall
03-03-2009, 10:37 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0309/19517.html

Steele to Rush: I'm sorry

what a mess. its obvious rush is the pied piper of the shlemmingeep. and that cute little youtube video posted on how obama got elected is reciprocol of all the people who would jump off a cliff if rush asked it.

since comparing obama to bush is easier than getting ones own house in order, i can see why it has been the path chosen around here. :laughing:

(dont worry ribs, a dozen "obama is bush" threads will bump this one off the page in about a day).

So compairing Obama to Bush is a bad thing? What.... you said you had the upmost respect for Bush.... :blah:

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
So compairing Obama to Bush is a bad thing? What.... you said you had the upmost respect for Bush.... :blah:
theres alot of shit YOU say i say yet always fall short of producing the evidence.

put your money where your mouth is, and provide a link please...

in the meantime, quit deflecting. revs is the one who keeps making the rediculous comparrisons of the 2. in case you havent noticed, its a (boarderline obsessive) daily effort. :chuckle:

steelwall
03-03-2009, 11:00 PM
theres alot of shit YOU say i say yet always fall short of producing the evidence.

put your money where your mouth is, and provide a link please...

in the meantime, quit deflecting. revs is the one who keeps making the rediculous comparrisons of the 2. in case you havent noticed, its a (boarderline obsessive) daily effort. :chuckle:

Yeah I'm just making it up Toney. You allways ask for me to provide links...how many links to my posts have you provided? You think everybody has the will to go scowering old posts for your comments? And the "shit" I say if you don't like it ignore me.

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 11:26 PM
Yeah I'm just making it up Toney. :yep: You allways ask for me to provide links...how many links to my posts have you provided? . i dont constantly make up lies and accuse you of posting bullshit, so why would i feel the need to post a link to anything you have written?

:hunch:

steelwall
03-03-2009, 11:27 PM
i dont constantly make up lies and accuse you of posting bullshit, so why would i feel the need to post a link to anything you have written?

:hunch:

Because I have never denied anything I have posted.:noidea:

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 11:46 PM
Because I have never denied anything I have posted.:noidea:neither have i. :noidea:

so whatchu got?

*check*

augustashark
03-04-2009, 12:10 AM
All I know Tony is that in a year or two you are going to look like the stupidest person on this board.:thumbsup:

I however would never say "I told you so".

Knowing you will be crying into your pillow evey night will be enough for me.:chuckle:

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 12:13 AM
i hate to steal the crown away from ya, augusta!

:cheers:

steelwall
03-04-2009, 12:14 AM
so whatchu got?

*check*

I got a Chinese brand cig I'm smoking call Saungxi, and a Chinese brand brandy which I dont know the name because I can only speak chinese not read the characters, Whatchu got?

revefsreleets
03-04-2009, 08:36 AM

Ridiculous you say?

I'm not the only one saying it. I posted an op/ed piece from a respected journalist who said the same.

There was an AP article last week that said the same.

I have posted links. I have posted facts. I have carefully and meticulously drawn out very simple apple to apple comparisons where Obama said a policy was a "failed Bush policy", and then went and adopted it as his own.

Ridiculous?

Ridiculous is denying the very facts that even people from your own party are begrudgingly finally admitting, and trying to divert attention away from it by attacking the GOP on completely unrealted issues, all while DENYING you are the one doing the diverting.

Posting the above article was fine. And it's true, there is some infighting going on. But how does that in any way have ANYTHING to do with the FACT that Obama continues to adopt and carry on all these policies that he campaigned against? I mean, this is akin to a char-broiled ebony iron pot calling a brand new stainless steel kettle black. It is text-book deflection, office Barbrady saying "Move along people, nothing to see here" in front of the Hindenburg crash site. I mean this is an EXTREME reach even by your standards.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I believe that Rush's point is that the attempt to be Moderate in the Republican Party failed with McCain. I'm sure we've gone over this in another thread Prior to Rush's speech this weekend at the Conservative Political Action Confernce.

Rush believes in Conservatism before the Republican Party. He is hoping that a real conservative takes control of the party, instead of Moderates that give in to Social Ideals that the Conservative base doesn't truly believe in.

He's doesn't want to see Steele or any other GOP person giving into bad policies or policies that he, or most Conservatives don't want to see succeed.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2009, 10:06 AM
As for fighting for control of the GOP, there is a fight for control, it includes McCain and moderates like Rudy G, and the more hard core conservatives like Romney, Jindel, and Palin. Does the party want to keep drifting to the middle and meeting halfway on policies it doesn't really believe in, or does it need to get back to the true Conservative nature of its charter? That's the fight.

Rudy G is a great politician, but he's very far from Conservative on Social Issues. Romney, Fiscally, very Conservative, Palin, Socially Conservative, Jindel, Both, Socially and Fiscally Conservative, McCain, a real Moderate, voting record indicates that absolutely.

The fight is now to see, what part of the party takes them into the 2010 mid term elections.

steelerbackr4life
03-04-2009, 10:31 AM
I just think it is funny how a bloated, prescription drug stealing addict. Can have a Press conference and in said press conference say he is quoting the constitution. Then not only get the quote wrong but the document he was trying to quote was the declaration of independence. All while bragging about not having to use a teleprompter. Afterwards he gets an apology from the RNC and a huge ratings boost. Brilliant! PT Barnum would be impressed!

Oh yeah please dont tell us we have to listen to that dimwit Sarah Palin again It would be awesome if she went Moose hunting with the former VP lol.

T&B fan
03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
I just think it is funny how a bloated, prescription drug stealing addict. Can have a Press conference and in said press conference say he is quoting the constitution. Then not only get the quote wrong but the document he was trying to quote was the declaration of independence. All while bragging about not having to use a teleprompter. Afterwards he gets an apology from the RNC and a huge ratings boost. Brilliant! PT Barnum would be impressed!

Oh yeah please dont tell us we have to listen to that dimwit Sarah Palin again It would be awesome if she went Moose hunting with the former VP lol.

hay stop trying to make it sound good .. Rush is a drugie and in his own words .should be " thrown out of the country " . so why do we still see him here ????????? 5,000 pills a month ... maybe he was trying to sell some too ...drug traficer put him in jail ..:fingers: Rush

revefsreleets
03-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Well, bottom line is Rush is exactly what Steele said he was: An entertainer. He holds sway over his listeners, but the truly enlightened take most of what he says with a grain of salt. He tends to get a little fuzzy in his math sometimes...

steelerbackr4life
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, bottom line is Rush is exactly what Steele said he was: An entertainer. He holds sway over his listeners, but the truly enlightened take most of what he says with a grain of salt. He tends to get a little fuzzy in his math sometimes...

Math, quotations, Prescriptions,Calories etc etc. He is definitely entertaining in a comedic sense the video of that tub of goo bouncing around on that stage :sofunny: . As I stated earlier PT Barnum would be proud.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2009, 11:27 AM

I think its funny that you use personal attacks on the man and have nothing to say about his ideas and what his Conservative Values and Policy Wishes actually mean for the country.

To call Sarah Palin a Dimwit, is very niave in my opinion. I found her to be very articulate, smart and strong on her fiscal policy stances.

But then again I believe that Obama is a total Moron who doesn't know the difference between an inhaler and breatholizer or that there are 50 states in the USA and that the automobile was actually invented in Germany.

So I guess we all see what we want to see.

RunWillieRun
03-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Math, quotations, Prescriptions,Calories etc etc. He is definitely entertaining in a comedic sense the video of that tub of goo bouncing around on that stage :sofunny: . As I stated earlier PT Barnum would be proud.

God I'm glad I'm not a liberal. Life would suck to be this upset and angry about a freakin' talk show host. Way to ad hominem without actually addressing any views of Limbaugh.

I could sit back here and post pics of obama holding a phone upside down, quote Biden ask what the "number for that website is," and point out that the only way to get onto Obama's cabinet is to be a tax cheat, but I'll stick to addressing the issues.

Dino 6 Rings
03-04-2009, 11:44 AM
God I'm glad I'm not a liberal. Life would suck to be this upset and angry about a freakin' talk show host. Way to ad hominem without actually addressing any views of Limbaugh.

I could sit back here and post pics of obama holding a phone upside down and quote Biden ask what the "number for that website is" but I'll stick to addressing the issues.

pssst...the phone picture is proven to be photo shop, but Biden did really say that about the whitehouse website. but he's old, I get that he isn't "hip" with the new technologies.

steelerbackr4life
03-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I think its funny that you use personal attacks on the man and have nothing to say about his ideas and what his Conservative Values and Policy Wishes actually mean for the country.

To call Sarah Palin a Dimwit, is very niave in my opinion. I found her to be very articulate, smart and strong on her fiscal policy stances.

But then again I believe that Obama is a total Moron who doesn't know the difference between an inhaler and breatholizer or that there are 50 states in the USA and that the automobile was actually invented in Germany.

So I guess we all see what we want to see.

I dont believe I addressed him as anything other than what he is a bloated drug addict doing a wonderful job at entertaining. I actually happen to agree with some of his conservative ideals. I as Rev said take what he says with a grain of salt. I actually see his meaning when he says he wants our President to fail. It is the way a die hard conservative should feel atleast it is honest. I just think it is funny how one with his protensity to stick his foot in his fat mouth,commands so much respect from the GRAND OLD PARTY. It truly is a brilliant stroke of showmanship. Matter of factly during Fridays show he told a caller he was at first a businessman and took great pleasure out of stirring the pot. Genius he is laughing all the way to the bank. Get your EB network gear while its hot!

Im sorry for being "naive" about the "Hockey Mom" Thank u for putting me in my place. Articulate? Smart? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E

It would have been very entertaining to see what kind of articulate and smart quotes would have came from that worldly scholar had the GOP not tightened the reigns on her and let the world hear all that intellect that was waiting to jump out.

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I have carefully and meticulously drawn out ...

Posting the above article was fine. And it's true, there is some infighting going on. But how does that in any way have ANYTHING to do with the FACT that Obama continues to adopt and carry on all these policies that he campaigned against? .

time to check the thread. it has NOTHING to do with obama.

ive seen people hijack a thread before, but this is the 1st time ive seen somebody try to hijack and ENTIRE subforum. :laughing:

YOURE pissed because i diverted attention away from all your obama threads and had the gall to start a GOP thread????... (which happens to be a relevant topic) :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

holy shit, thats some serious issues!

by "rediculous comparrisons" im talking about the obsessive nature of youre agenda, which must be to either redeem bush or avenge the detraction against him in the past 8 years.

in a sense you have become what you hated.

i tried "to divert attention away from" a thread that i started.... :toofunny:

whooooooo.... thats a good one. absolute howler. (go check who brought up obama, mr. diversion).

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I got a Chinese brand cig I'm smoking call Saungxi, and a Chinese brand brandy which I dont know the name because I can only speak chinese not read the characters, Whatchu got?

*checkmate*

anyways, fire up 1 of those chinese stoges and take a shot for me, and i'll fire up a marlboro light and drink a killians red for you. :drink:

augustashark
03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
hay stop trying to make it sound good .. Rush is a drugie and in his own words .should be " thrown out of the country " . so why do we still see him here ????????? 5,000 pills a month ... maybe he was trying to sell some too ...drug traficer put him in jail ..:fingers: Rush

Yea, a guy that makes 20 million a year needs to "trafic" drugs.:thumbsup:

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Yea, a guy that makes 20 million a year needs to "trafic" drugs.:thumbsup:agreed. he dont need to traffic them. he just needs to use them.

and with only 5000 pills of the hillbilly heroin a month, i seriously doubt he had much left over to share with others.

:thumbsup:

augustashark
03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Don't know where you get 5k from? I just think its funny how libs are worried about Rush. I mean come on, you have your GUY in office. Keep your focus libs, cause all your doing right now is putting more $$ in ole rushies pocket. LOL! Even when you have the power you suck at how to use it!

tony hipchest
03-04-2009, 11:59 PM
steele is "worried" about rush.

i know its difficult for ya (probably dipping into rush's stash), but pay attention, augusta...

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Im sorry for being "naive" about the "Hockey Mom" Thank u for putting me in my place. Articulate? Smart? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E

It would have been very entertaining to see what kind of articulate and smart quotes would have came from that worldly scholar had the GOP not tightened the reigns on her and let the world hear all that intellect that was waiting to jump out.

wow, a cut up worst of Sarah Palin interview Video...how awesome...

Now, go onto youtube, type in Obama Stutter, or Obama Moron, Or Biden Gaffes and have a wonderful time seeing the "articlulate and smart" people that are now in charge of our White House. Couple of Trained Squirrels (I'd say Trained Monkey's but I don't want to get in trouble with the ultra sensative)

Rush is an entertainer, yes. The Republican party is actually in a power struggle, absolutely. Its the More Conservatives vs the Moderates, to see who gets control and takes over the agenda of the Republican party. Those who want to reach across the aisle and try to bring in more independents (which McCain tried and failed) or those who want to go back to the Reagan style of standing on core beliefs and basic Conservative Principles.

That's the battle. The Players, Romney, Jindel, Palin (she's still got a huge following even if Tina Fey says she can see Alaska from her house) vs the likes of Rudy G and John McCain. Pawlenty and Ridge stand in the batters box as well.

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 09:00 AM
time to check the thread. it has NOTHING to do with obama.

ive seen people hijack a thread before, but this is the 1st time ive seen somebody try to hijack and ENTIRE subforum. :laughing:

YOURE pissed because i diverted attention away from all your obama threads and had the gall to start a GOP thread????... (which happens to be a relevant topic) :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

holy shit, thats some serious issues!

by "rediculous comparrisons" im talking about the obsessive nature of youre agenda, which must be to either redeem bush or avenge the detraction against him in the past 8 years.

in a sense you have become what you hated.

i tried "to divert attention away from" a thread that i started.... :toofunny:

whooooooo.... thats a good one. absolute howler. (go check who brought up obama, mr. diversion).

You posted all this drivel underneath the original Rush article:

I actually steered the topic right back to where it should have been, after I dimissed your nonsensical rhetoric about diversions.

Your whole POST was a diversionary tactic, since you, nor anyone else on this board has EVER answered the simple question as to why it's bad when Bush says it, and good when Obama says it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you or did you not add the "analysis" of a Bush/Obama comparison after your article? Isn't actually YOU who called attention to it first?

Read my post. I talked about Rush and the GOP. I even added another post about it. Are you attempting to steer your own post AWAY from Rush and the GOP to once again talk about how Obama is becoming WII?

T&B fan
03-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Yea, a guy that makes 20 million a year needs to "trafic" drugs.:thumbsup:

I said Maybe he was traficing them .. and for the 5000 pills got that from all the reports at the time .. and no I don't have a link its old news and so will Rush . soon ...

T&B fan
03-05-2009, 03:44 PM
ok I looked it up and this is what I got

Here is what the record to date shows: Mr. Limbaugh’s housekeeper, Wilma Cline, approached Florida media and Florida authorities to reveal that she had acted as Rush Limbaugh’s drug buyer for years, purchasing "more than 30,000 hydrocodone, Lorcet and OcyContin pills," and she reports he "took as many as 30 OxyContin pills a day."**** Florida authorities then began investigating, and Ms. Cline’s allegations have apparently proved solid, certainly solid enough for the State of Florida to take action.

This means, of course, that for quite a long period Mr. Limbaugh was heavily abusing prescription narcotics while continuing to conduct his radio talk show. In short, this means that Mr. Limbaugh was often under the influence of drugs when he was on the air, delivering a hard right-wing message. To be truly blunt, it appears he was stoned while adhering to a position that anyone who uses drugs should be incarcerated.

Obviously this is the very definition of hypocrisy.

that # 30,000 was over a 6 month time .. here the Link its long but here you go
http://www.bradleyreport.net/commentary/StonedRush.htm

Hammer67
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
wow, a cut up worst of Sarah Palin interview Video...how awesome...

Now, go onto youtube, type in Obama Stutter, or Obama Moron, Or Biden Gaffes and have a wonderful time seeing the "articlulate and smart" people that are now in charge of our White House. Couple of Trained Squirrels (I'd say Trained Monkey's but I don't want to get in trouble with the ultra sensative)

Rush is an entertainer, yes. The Republican party is actually in a power struggle, absolutely. Its the More Conservatives vs the Moderates, to see who gets control and takes over the agenda of the Republican party. Those who want to reach across the aisle and try to bring in more independents (which McCain tried and failed) or those who want to go back to the Reagan style of standing on core beliefs and basic Conservative Principles.

That's the battle. The Players, Romney, Jindel, Palin (she's still got a huge following even if Tina Fey says she can see Alaska from her house) vs the likes of Rudy G and John McCain. Pawlenty and Ridge stand in the batters box as well.

Rush may be an entertainer, but he has the ability to say what he wants without having to worry about the politics. Unlike the politicians. SO, he can trumpet that parties causes unabashedly.

And, as for the link to the Palin stuff...wow. I can pick EVERY politican and find places where they bumbled their speech or thoughts. Need anyone mention Joe Biden? For christ's sake...what's wrong with us if this is what political discourse is reduced to.

No wonder there are so few intelligent and qualified people who want to run the government...would you??? I sure wouldn't...

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 06:36 PM
You posted all this drivel underneath the original Rush article:

Your whole POST was a diversionary tactic,

damn. you caught that part, huh? :dang:

i see you havent started an obama thread in the past 24 hours. i guess, by definition, this thread was a (well earned) diversion. :thumbsup:

Preacher
03-05-2009, 11:01 PM
ok I looked it up and this is what I got

Here is what the record to date shows: Mr. Limbaugh’s housekeeper, Wilma Cline, approached Florida media and Florida authorities to reveal that she had acted as Rush Limbaugh’s drug buyer for years, purchasing "more than 30,000 hydrocodone, Lorcet and OcyContin pills," and she reports he "took as many as 30 OxyContin pills a day."**** Florida authorities then began investigating, and Ms. Cline’s allegations have apparently proved solid, certainly solid enough for the State of Florida to take action.

This means, of course, that for quite a long period Mr. Limbaugh was heavily abusing prescription narcotics while continuing to conduct his radio talk show. In short, this means that Mr. Limbaugh was often under the influence of drugs when he was on the air, delivering a hard right-wing message. To be truly blunt, it appears he was stoned while adhering to a position that anyone who uses drugs should be incarcerated.

Obviously this is the very definition of hypocrisy.

that # 30,000 was over a 6 month time .. here the Link its long but here you go
http://www.bradleyreport.net/commentary/StonedRush.htm

I would hold off on that for just a second.

Go look up the footnote to the link... Here is the source. *** Buzzflash News Analysis, Conspiracy Planet; Newsweek, October 20, 2003. I gotta say, "Conspiracy planet" and "newsweek" is neither the most reliable, nor exactly the most unbiased. On this point, I prefer to believe the source, who has the transcripts--

I made a point to listen to Rush when he came back. I wanted to know what he would say or do. I remember him SPECIFICALLY saying that he STAYED AWAY from dicussions on drugs for the very reason he was on oxycontin and didn't want to have any discussion NEAR that issue. If I remember right, it because he didn't want to come across as knowing too much. However, he DID mention specifically that he did not speak about drug laws.

I would be interested in seeing the actual transcript of the show, which CAN BE GOTTEN.

However, I view (and held to this position long before it was Rush) pain pill addiction very differently. It was actually formulated thinking through Brett Favre's pain pill addiction issue. When you are taking a medicine and are dependent on it to relieve you of pain, it becomes much easier to become addicted. It is not the same as DECIDING to go find a high for the first time. If Rush or Favre were laying in a hospital and got addicted to the morphine drip, would you compare that to a Junkie looking for a heroine fix? No. It is a legitimate use of drugs that gets out of hand and turns into an addiction.

It is quite misleading to call him a "druggie"

Unless you consider anyone who ever became addicted to their meds druggies... like Favre.

In that case, it is quite naive.

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 11:11 PM
It is quite misleading to call him a "druggie"

^^^^^^^rush apologist^^^^^^^^^

seriously.... you post this tripe and defend the pill makers, yet slam those who want to take marijuana for medical purposes?

augustashark
03-05-2009, 11:25 PM

seriously.... you post this tripe and defend the pill makers, yet slam those who want to take marijuana for medical purposes?

^^^^^^^^^^HIPPIE^^^^^^^^^:chuckle:

Preacher
03-05-2009, 11:36 PM

Medical purposes? Really? 1 in 10 are for medical purposes in my experience. The rest are using it as an EXCUSE.

For someone who had surgery and it left them in a great amount of pain, to then become addicted to drugs? yeah, I have a LOT of sympathy for them, REGARDLESS of politics.

You should try it sometime.

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 11:44 PM
what? pot or oxycontin?

ive tried both recreationally. while pot is fun, im almost amazed they even make oxycontin in 100+ mg doses.

chewin a 20 knocked me the fhuggout and nearly had me puking (i guess thats the point though) :noidea:

SteelCityMom
03-05-2009, 11:54 PM
Medical purposes? Really? 1 in 10 are for medical purposes in my experience. The rest are using it as an EXCUSE.

For someone who had surgery and it left them in a great amount of pain, to then become addicted to drugs? yeah, I have a LOT of sympathy for them, REGARDLESS of politics.

Wow...basing your opinion on 10 people TOTAL...that's a very baseless argument. There are many people who lie about their pain to get prescription medicines (because they are a legal high) just in the way you describe people lying to get medical marijuana. It doesn't mean they're aren't really people out there who need it and are prescribed it because it is the best treatment for their illness. Not sure what the difference here is. Maybe it means that there should be better screening by doctors prescribing these drugs, be it pills or marijuana.

What do you think would happen to a person abusing a prescription drug if their doctor stopped prescribing them to them...they'd go out and look for any kind of fix they could to feed their addiction.

Not saying there shouldn't be some kind of sympathy given to people who actually did need those medications and then became add.icts, but you have to know that's not how every person becomes addicted to pills.

steelwall
03-06-2009, 12:07 AM
I've lost track of the point of this thread. Going from the GOP trying to take control, to legalizing pot, to Rush's pill fiasco........ It's been said many times but I'll repeat it again....Gotta love the offseason around here.

SteelCityMom
03-06-2009, 12:08 AM
what? pot or oxycontin?

ive tried both recreationally. while pot is fun, im almost amazed they even make oxycontin in 100+ mg doses.

chewin a 20 knocked me the fhuggout and nearly had me puking (i guess thats the point though) :noidea:

I know what you mean. Even in instances where I've been in major pain (like after having my wisdom teeth pulled, or when I fractured my vertebrae) I absolutely detested taking pain pills, they made me ill. I tried taking percs when I was not in any pain once and made best friends with my toilet for an hour and a half.

I don't have the time or the money or the youth to do pot recreationally anymore, but I know if ever needed I'd rather take a medication that's only side effect is sleepiness and the munchies any day over that.

augustashark
03-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Wow...basing your opinion on 10 people TOTAL...that's a very baseless argument. There are many people who lie about their pain to get prescription medicines (because they are a legal high) just in the way you describe people lying to get medical marijuana. It doesn't mean they're aren't really people out there who need it and are prescribed it because it is the best treatment for their illness. Not sure what the difference here is. Maybe it means that there should be better screening by doctors prescribing these drugs, be it pills or marijuana.

What do you think would happen to a person abusing a prescription drug if their doctor stopped prescribing them to them...they'd go out and look for any kind of fix they could to feed their addiction.

Not saying there shouldn't be some kind of sympathy given to people who actually did need those medications and then became add.icts, but you have to know that's not how every person becomes addicted to pills.

Smoke crack:noidea:

tony hipchest
03-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Smoke crack:noidea::nono:

that was rude.

augustashark
03-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Whats rude is you don't That is what's rude!

Preacher
03-06-2009, 12:41 AM

I said 1 in 10, not that I only know 10. there is a difference.

The difference between people like Favre and Rush and those who BEGIN by lying to thier docs is that Favre, Rush, and many, many others had not desire for the high. No desire for the drug. They got injured and followed the docs advice, and it got out of control.

Absolutely, which is why pain pill addiction is such a shame... it gets the people who never otherwise would be involved.

Most who are addicted are addicted because they are hiding from something, or dealing with issues too big for them. Some just have addictive personalities. We work with a lot of people like that. But drug addiction via pain pills from botched surgeries, etc. are a different ball game.

Please tell me you see a difference between people like that and the local druggy that decided to get high becaue he was "bored".

SteelCityMom
03-06-2009, 03:02 AM
I said 1 in 10, not that I only know 10. there is a difference.

The difference between people like Favre and Rush and those who BEGIN by lying to thier docs is that Favre, Rush, and many, many others had not desire for the high. No desire for the drug. They got injured and followed the docs advice, and it got out of control.

Absolutely, which is why pain pill addiction is such a shame... it gets the people who never otherwise would be involved.

Most who are addicted are addicted because they are hiding from something, or dealing with issues too big for them. Some just have addictive personalities. We work with a lot of people like that. But drug addiction via pain pills from botched surgeries, etc. are a different ball game.

Please tell me you see a difference between people like that and the local druggy that decided to get high becaue he was "bored".

No I meant the difference between people who will lie about their pain to get prescription pills and the people who lie about their pain to get medical marijuana...there's really no difference between the two, unless you want to consider that the latter does not carry the same harmful side effects. You can't OD on pot, you don't run the risk of liver disease or heart failure etc, etc. You get the munchies, get sleepy and sometimes short term memory loss.

I see the difference between people who are in real pain and the people who are just bored, but that can be said about people taking pills as well.

I've known people in high school who got their first pills from their parents or other relatives medicine cabinets, sometimes because they were bored or had deeper issues they didn't want to deal with. Whats to stop someone like that going out and lying to a doctor about pain to get a legal drug that they want to get high off of. I could walk into a doctors office tomorrow and get a prescription written for sleeping pills if I wanted and all I would have to tell him is that I'm having trouble sleeping at night, which I often do, but I don't want to take pills for that. People do it every day though, so they can get legally high. Either that or they'll just buy alcohol and abuse that.

What I'm trying to say I guess is that just like you would not penalize the people who honestly need and prefer prescription pills for pain because there are some that abuse the system, you should not penalize the people who really need and prefer medical marijuana for the same reasons. Work on making the system better.

In response to what started this discussion, Rush's drug addiction, no I don't think him or his viewpoints should be demonized. I would hope that people would allow a person to right their mistakes, whether it was an injury related addiction or otherwise. He got clean, good for him. He's very much allowed to still have his opinions (even if I don't agree with all of them) just like any one of us is still entitled to their own opinions and viewpoints, despite any personal mistakes we may have made in the past.

revefsreleets
03-06-2009, 08:02 AM
damn. you caught that part, huh? :dang:

i see you havent started an obama thread in the past 24 hours. i guess, by definition, this thread was a (well earned) diversion. :thumbsup:

We are discussing Rush Limbaugh and the infighting in the GOP in THIS thread. YOU brought Obama vs Bush into it, not me...

I don't have much more to say abouyt Rush...he has his fans and listeners. I'm not the former, although I'm occasionally the latter.