PDA

View Full Version : Browns want Cutler for Quinn and Rogers?

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 07:17 PM
...and a 3rd round pick? :sofunny: way to trade up for quinn, shitstains!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Will-Denver-send-Cutler-to-Cleveland-for-Rogers-?urn=nfl,145345

Will Denver send Cutler to Cleveland for Rogers, Quinn?Maybe the Denver Broncos really do want to trade Jay Cutler. Broncosfreaks.com is reporting a deal may already be in place that would send Cutler to the Cleveland Browns for quarterback Brady Quinn, unhappy nose tackle Shaun Rogers and a third-round pick.

Media reports over the past couple weeks have indicated that Cleveland coach Eric Mangini is not overly impressed with Quinn. Rogers, feeling snubbed by Mangini on two different occasions, has asked to be traded. As the reported noted, the trade makes sense.

For Denver, there is a lack of quality nose tackles available on the free agent market and in the draft. Also, reports out of Denver indicate Cutler is unwilling to meet with the front office and coaching staff.

i doubt this will happen, but find it hilarious how spoiled all these belichick deciples have become with tom brady + cheating.

watching them create turmoil on the inside for both the broncos and browns makes it that much sweeter.

both these douchebacs could take a page out of mike tomlins book and simply take their franchise player out for dinner to put his finger on the pulse of the team.

then again, thats why mike tomlin was a brilliant hire who will win championships and these other 2 scrubs will be the next coming of weiss/crennell.

message to mangina- c. pennington = playoff qb for worst team in nfl. b. favre = retired. get a clue.

devilsdancefloor
03-03-2009, 07:49 PM
lol oh my maybe quinn isnt the savior afterall:noidea:

these coaches are gonna royally screw up their respective teams. denver is trying to buy a team as we speak! last i read it was 9 FA already! the one i am most shocked about is brian dawkins! :tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 07:53 PM
last i read it was 9 FA already! the one i am most shocked about is brian dawkins! :tt03::tt03:and what... like $1.5 mil to make some unknown the highest paid longsnapper in the league? :toofunny:

schneck- warren- retkofsky (steelers had em all for minimum and won the superbowl with the last 2 as rookies) :toofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-03-2009, 07:55 PM
Wooooooow!

If they trade Quinn, the fans will be pissed.

If they trade Rogers, who plays NT in that 3-4 defense in Cleveland?

Why give the Broncos a stud NT for thier 3-4 defense?

Mangina is gonna screw up the Browns even worse than they already are. I hope he gets a lifetime contract!

XxKnightxX
03-03-2009, 08:09 PM
and mind you theyre playing each other this year. Wow what a disaster these guys think desperation within the first year, and then have a massive backfire the next, and the next, and the next, you see the pattern lol

Steeler in Carolina
03-03-2009, 08:33 PM
I would not give anything for Brady Quinn. That guy is terrible.

jev7452
03-03-2009, 09:03 PM
i think brady quinn has a lot of potential.. he is young and hasnt had much playing time in the league yet but the couple of games he did play, the browns actually looked like they had a little life behind him.. i cant stand jay cutler so that would be a perfect fit in my mind, seeing him in the s**t brown jersey

jev7452
03-03-2009, 09:15 PM
but according to espn.. the broncos say they are NOT going to trade cutler..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3949578

devilsdancefloor
03-03-2009, 09:36 PM

smoke and mirrors?

lilyoder6
03-03-2009, 10:04 PM
this is funny as hell... i do hope these coaches screw there teams up

tony hipchest
03-03-2009, 10:39 PM

of course theyre not going to trade him. not NOW... (and most definitely not for brady quinn medicine woman).

josh mcdaniels is a young dumbass HC who is in way over his head and can look towards lane kiffen for his future career path.

:tt:

and the browns are stuck with 2 qb's the HC dont like (of course the only person on that entire team that mangina likes is over-the-hill mcginnest).

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

NEPAsteeler
03-03-2009, 10:53 PM
All I gotta say is THANK GOD our coach came from the leadership of Tony Dungy and not Bill Belicheat.

How're those coaches working out, Bill? :chuckle:

revefsreleets
03-04-2009, 09:18 AM
Cutler as starter and DA (who really is just a career back-up) carrying the clipboard is not a bad play for Cleveland. And they add a 3rd while picking up a relatively young starting QB (and bear in mind, even though they added a couple picks for Winslow, they are still WAY behind since they have tradded away so many picks over the last 2 years).

It's not a bad deal if they pull the trigger. Losing Rogers hurts BAD, but if he doesn't want to play do you really want a disgruntled guy poisoning the locker room?

rbryan
03-04-2009, 09:28 AM
What a disaster the Browns have become. If I didn't hate them so much I could almost feel bad for them.

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I love these kind of rumors.

It's got both the Browns and Denver fans screaming bloody murder, no matter how false the rumor is.

MasterOfPuppets
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
I love these kind of rumors.

It's got both the Browns and Denver fans screaming bloody murder, no matter how false the rumor is.:thumbsup: .... nothin like locker room drama

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 09:55 AM
The Clowns and their 3 ring circus continues.

HA!

What's really funny is PFT's Florio is calling the new Browns regime "Mankok".

Hey! I started that weeks ago! I demand compensation!

Cutler Could Intrigue Cleveland
Tuesday, March 03, 2009
Posted By Mike Florio 1:01 AM

Earlier on Monday, a league source advised us that the new regime in Cleveland - known lovingly in league circles as "ManKok" - would likely be interested in Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler as an alternative to Derek Anderson and/or Brady Quinn.

And there are indeed as of this posting an old-fashioned, unsubstantiated, poo-on-the-wall "Internet rumor" regarding a deal that would send Brady Quinn and Shaun Rogers to the Broncos for Cutler and a third-round pick.

To be crystal clear, we are not reporting that a trade is or could be happening. In fact, given the top-secret manner in which the Browns handled the Kellen Winslow trade, we're confident that word of such a transaction would not leak. Our contribution to this one is only that it's believed that coach Eric Mangini and G.M. George Kokinis would be interested in Cutler.

(That said, you can bet that there will be plenty of people who come away from this one thinking that we're reporting that the deal is already done.)

Much more would have to be determined, such as whether the Broncos would be interested in Quinn, who played college football at Notre Dame for Charlie Weis, who proceeded Denver coach Josh McDaniels as New England offensive coordinator and likely mentored him.

Still, we're willing to put this one in the "possibility" category.

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 11:48 AM
The practical joke rumor - and PFT swallowed the hook.

How rumors start...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a Broncos fan, I was getting upset with all the rumors swirling around this weekend about Jay Cutler getting traded. This got me to talking with another fan about how easy it is to start a rumor that gets picked up by national outlets.

So what he decided to do was make up a rumor and "Harkov" posted it on the front page of broncosfreaks.com.

This is what happened
http://broncosfreaks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21418

PFT.com took it from our front page and decided to run with at as an actual rumor.

Since they first posted it, Si.com, yahoo.com, peter king, colin cowherd, and the cleveland plains dealer have all reported it as a rumor and close to happening.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118600

SteelCityMan786
03-04-2009, 06:34 PM
Wooooooow!

If they trade Quinn, the fans will be pissed.

If they trade Rogers, who plays NT in that 3-4 defense in Cleveland?

Why give the Broncos a stud NT for thier 3-4 defense?

Mangina is gonna screw up the Browns even worse than they already are. I hope he gets a lifetime contract!

If that's a guaranteed 2 wins for the Steelers, then I'll take it.

Nighthawk
03-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Too bad it's just a rumor, if I were the Bronco's I'd take that trade and run.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Cutler as starter and DA (who really is just a career back-up) carrying the clipboard is not a bad play for Cleveland. And they add a 3rd while picking up a relatively young starting QB (and bear in mind, even though they added a couple picks for Winslow, they are still WAY behind since they have tradded away so many picks over the last 2 years).

It's not a bad deal if they pull the trigger. Losing Rogers hurts BAD, but if he doesn't want to play do you really want a disgruntled guy poisoning the locker room?

Must be the Steelers fan in you talking. In that case, Big Ben should be traded for Tavaris Jackson.

DA/Cutler are strong armed, but erratic QBs.

The difference between them:
Cutler is semi-mobile
DA has a thicker skin

If I had to choose between the two, I'd take DA over Cutler, because Cutler believes his 17 wins in 37 games is elite and he should be pampered. DA is much quieter about how he handles himself. Sure, he's a statue, but at least he's not a pu$$y.

Tossing in Rogers is beyond stupid. You only trade him when you can actually get an elite player in return...or (at the very least) a true NT who can really clog the middle for the 3-4 defense.

I'm glad it's only a rumor. I'd hate to think that MANKOK would pull the trigger on anything resembling this.

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Steelers fan? I was being unbiased.

Ok, let's go:

Career stats-
Cutler: 62.5 comp %
243.9 YPG
54 Td's to 37 INT's
QBR 87.1
Rushing 3.7 YPC

DA: 54.6 comp %
199.8 YPG
43 to 35 Td's to INT's
QBR 75.1
Rushing 2.5 YPC

In every way Cutler is a far superior QB. DA's numbers are actually a bit skewed because he had a really good early '07 coming off the bench when nobody knew anything about him. Since December of '07 he's been really horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE.

Cutler is a legit starting NFL QB, not elite, but a quality starter. Da is a career backup who made a little splash one year. Quinn is the great unknown, and Cleveland desperately needs draft picks.

Methinks your homer blinders have done just that to you: Blinded you.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 12:01 PM
A slight improvement on the offensive side of the ball (potentially, because...as you said, BQ in an unkown) vs a huge drop off (potentially the best player on our team) on the defensive side of the ball.

Sorry, that's not homer blinders talking, that's football sense.

You don't bring in a so-called "quality QB" if you're going to blow up the team...and getting rid of Rogers would be the first (huge) step in doing just that.

All those stats...and I still see a 17-20 record as a starting QB. I'm not impressed. He's still a strong armed erratic QB...he just happens to have a WR (Brandon Marshall) who can do this funny things called catch (and get's great YAC).

DA was stuck with Butterfingers Edwards, Soulja Winslow and Donte Hamless Stallworth. His poor decision making didn't help matters.

You mention getting rid of a disgruntled player poisoning the locker room, yet you suggest our field leader be a crying, whining jack @$$ who's skin is thinner and more brittle than rice paper? Right.

No thanks. I'll bide my time and hope that MANKOK is capable of...any kind of long-term improvement...