PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Signing Joe Smith

xfl2001fan
03-04-2009, 12:19 PM
How's this work out? Cavs trade Damon Jones and Joe Smith for Mo Williams...and then get Joe Smith back.

So, essentially, we traded Damon Jones for Mo Williams. That's a HUGE upgrade...and should (barring future injuries) pretty much cement us as the front runners for representing the East in the finals...and (likely) gives the city of Cleveland it's best shot at a championship since 1964 (yes, even better than the 1995 Indians).

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I have the Cavs winning it all this year. I've stated many times that Mo was the final piece to the puzzle.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 12:16 PM
He's been great...but I don't want to downplay how much Delonte has meant for us as well. He's actually a really good defender and a pretty decent shooter himself. Maybe not All-NBA 1st team (defense)...but still worth mentioning.

At the end of the day, the only team who should be able to beat us in a 7-game series is...our bench. When Wally/Gibson aren't shooting well...and JJ is messing up on his defensive rotations...we end up playing closer games that we should be winning easily (or losing against teams we match up well with).

revefsreleets
03-06-2009, 07:55 AM
HUGE showdown tonight in Boston. IMO the only team in the East standing between the Cavs and the title game.

xfl2001fan
03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
I know, I'm not getting much sleep tonight! I'll either be too happy or too pissed.

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Good pick-up for them. I still wish they would have made a better attempt to acquire Marcus Camby or Chris Kaman. Both are studs when healthy.

xfl2001fan
03-07-2009, 11:13 AM
The problem is in what would we have given up to get them. I wouldn't have minded either one...but at what price.

steelerbuckeye
03-07-2009, 01:51 PM
The problem is in what would we have given up to get them. I wouldn't have minded either one...but at what price.

Wally (since he isn't worth what his contract is anyway) and possibly Gibson or Andy. Andy isn't a bad player don't get me wrong but I don't Cleveland keep him next season because they aren't going to wanna pay the money that he wants and Boobie hasn't really done anything for that team since the 07 playoffs except hit a few 3's here and there and get a steal or 2 once in a great great while.

I really believe that had they thrown the right offer at Phoenix they could have gotten Shaq actually. But even then, I still think they really could have gotten a good deal by the trade deadline had they just thrown in the right players. I still think Eric Snow is need of being traded anyway since he's another one who definitely isn't worth his contract especially getting not even 2 minute a game.

xfl2001fan
03-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Wally, I wouldn't mind giving up...I can see what you mean about Andy...but I think Andy's staying or going is going to be based on what they do this season. I know he and his agent don't necessarily see eye-to-eye though with our GM.

I don't like getting rid of Boobie...I think his toe injury is still affecting him...and he'll hit his stride in time for the playoffs.

As for Eric Snow, he's a coach in all but name. I don't see him leaving the team because of what his unofficial position is. I almost wonder if they're not holding him back for the playoffs. Let him be a strong Defender against a decent guard.

xfl2001fan
04-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Well, at least I have my Cavs still! :flap: They looked a bit weak against the Pistons...but they always play us tough, so no surprise there.

revefsreleets
04-01-2009, 07:46 AM
And Smith looks like he never left...back in form.

Unless they collapse, they'll get home court, and considering they've only lost 1 home game all year, I don't see them choking.

They'll win it all this year...

Mark my words, though, the city will burn for 3 days if Cleveland finally wins a championship.

stlrtruck
04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
And Smith looks like he never left...back in form.

Unless they collapse, they'll get home court, and considering they've only lost 1 home game all year, I don't see them choking.

They'll win it all this year...

Mark my words, though, the city will burn for 3 days if Cleveland finally wins a championship.

IF Cleveland wins a championship, snow will fall and Satan himself will proclaim "Hell hath frozen over!"

revefsreleets
04-01-2009, 08:38 AM
IF Cleveland wins a championship, snow will fall and Satan himself will proclaim "Hell hath frozen over!"

It'll be awesome...it will give the Browns fans a renewed false sense of hope that will keep them thinking they can actually get to a super bowl someday (let alone win one).

We all know THAT will never happen to that cursed and forsaken mistake by the lake...