PDA

View Full Version : Let's bow our heads and pray for McFadden

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 07:08 PM
Small animal sacrifices are acceptable too.

All gods are welcome, just git er done.

I hath spoken.

NEPAsteeler
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Amen.

Thy god has spoken.

:tt03:

Da Steeler Soprano
03-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Latest on B-Mac is Miami dropped out on signing him because his asking price was too high. It is now looking like the only suitors for him is the Burgh and Arizona who is offering less than Pittsburgh. I got a good feeling he will be wearing black in gold next season....

NEPAsteeler
03-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Latest on B-Mac is Miami dropped out on signing him because his asking price was too high. It is now looking like the only suitors for him is the Burgh and Arizona who is offering less than Pittsburgh. I got a good feeling he will be wearing black in gold next season....

I would like to have him back. Who wouldn't wanna be a member of the #1 ranked defense? :tt02:

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I got a good feeling he will be wearing black in gold next season....

I'll raise your feeling and throw in a house down under the bridge.

Just git er done.

devilsdancefloor
03-04-2009, 07:58 PM
I would like to have him back. Who wouldn't wanna be a member of the #1 ranked defense? :tt02:

someone looking for a big payday

NEPAsteeler
03-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I really wish players played for the love of the game and not the money.

Fire Haley
03-04-2009, 08:07 PM
The Temple has room for one more

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Sixburgh.jpg

devilsdancefloor

i think some still do, but fo rth most part it is about the money

OX1947

Problem with that is athletes get paid way too much money. And fans pay way too much to go to the games. I mean, somr of these guys who make 15 million a year to play a game, come on.

LambertLunatic
03-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Small animal sacrifices are acceptable too.

He's too important to insult the gods by offering a small animal. I think he is worth a human sacrifice. I'll be glad to donate my ex wife for that purpose.

jev7452
03-04-2009, 09:07 PM
hey lets not forget about kemo!! he turned down the jets, who were offering him more money, to stay with his real team..

chucoblack&gold
03-04-2009, 09:11 PM
He's too important to insult the gods by offering a small animal. I think he is worth a human sacrifice. I'll be glad to donate my ex wife for that purpose.

:chuckle::rofl:

The Definiti0n
03-04-2009, 09:16 PM
i hope we dont sign him. I think William Gay is ready

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Shoot I hope we get bryant mcfadden back like i said he will be back i just dnt see him going to arizona if we dont get him i hope we draft sean smith!

ShutDown24
03-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Problem with that is athletes get paid way too much money. And fans pay way too much to go to the games. I mean, somr of these guys who make 15 million a year to play a game, come on.

Certainly the purpose of the game doesn't warrant athletes earning as much money as they do. But play one season in the NFL and your body would never be the same again. It's a lot of sacrifice not to get paid well.

DoubleSh0t
03-04-2009, 10:50 PM
Certainly the purpose of the game doesn't warrant athletes earning as much money as they do. But play one season in the NFL and your body would never be the same again. It's a lot of sacrifice not to get paid well.

Very true. If you want to attract the best athletes, they have to be paid fairly.

I have faith though that if we don't re-sign him someone else will step in to fill the void.

ricksteelers55
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM

Same here,I really enjoyed watching him play in da burgh,but I think it's time to move on.Not that I wouldnt like to see him coming back,but when you want to test the market it means that you're not a team first guy but a money(self) first guy...so good luck in your new team and just do like Alan Faneca,watch us win a championship on your super TV Screen that you'll be able to buy with all your money

Go Steelers

Galax Steeler
03-05-2009, 03:20 AM
The Temple has room for one more

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc283/usagold/Sixburgh.jpg

That is really sweet.

scsteeler
03-05-2009, 08:08 AM
I think McFadden will be back. I hope that he is not trying to get too much money because some players are better because of the system and team they play on.

stlrtruck
03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
If he continues to ask too much for his services he could find himself on the outside looking in on the upcoming season and waiting for someone to get hurt to be called upon - good luck McFadden.

Get your head out of your arse!!! You can either sign for a little less with an opportunity at ring #3 or you can go make a few million more never to sniff the Super Bowl again!

Your choice - make it wisely!

CanadianSteel
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
Really wanteed to see McFadden stay and he hasn't signed elsewheer yet so that is kinda good news, but we have such little cap space I am not sure we can work him in...
Here's hopin though....

SteelerTim
03-05-2009, 10:35 AM

So what you're saying is "Gay is Good". :chuckle:

iceman000123
03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
I think McFadden will be back. I hope that he is not trying to get too much money because some players are better because of the system and team they play on.

From the way things look. Seems like he will be coming back to Sixs-Burgh. Unless he goes to the Cardinals who are offering less then we are. But since he wants more I don't see how that would work especially after we just beat them.

Steely McSmash
03-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I think Kurt Warner eating 12 M of cardinals cap may be playing in our favor.

Love to lock this guy up with a long term deal so there's no crisis when Deshea moves on.

Hammer67
03-05-2009, 11:44 AM
i think some still do, but fo rth most part it is about the money

That's like saying I should go to work in IT just because I love my job and not the paycheck.

It's a job.

OneForTheToe
03-05-2009, 12:15 PM
There is little chance B-Mac is going to sign long-term with the Steelers,IMO. However, if he doesn't get a offer soon that he considers suitable, he might be open to the idea of signing a one year contract with tha Steelers. Why not start one whole season on the number one D in the league? He could parlay a good season next year into a big FA contract.

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
There is little chance B-Mac is going to sign long-term with the Steelers,IMO. However, if he doesn't get a offer soon that he considers suitable, he might be open to the idea of signing a one year contract with tha Steelers. Why not start one whole season on the number one D in the league? He could parlay a good season next year into a big FA contract.

If we can keep him for one year, then we might actually have a shot at keeping him next year since there's no salary cap. It's some of the other guys I worry about -- Harrison, Holmes, Miller. Seems like there are enough cornerbacks changing hands every year that a normal market value establishes itself, but all it takes is one f*cktard owner to throw ridiculous money at a player to ruin your chance of re-signing him, and that definitely seems more likely with the other three.

Godfather
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM

Can't blame them. Football players usually don't have long careers and they need to get it while the gettin's good.

OneForTheToe
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM
If we can keep him for one year, then we might actually have a shot at keeping him next year since there's no salary cap. It's some of the other guys I worry about -- Harrison, Holmes, Miller. Seems like there are enough cornerbacks changing hands every year that a normal market value establishes itself, but all it takes is one f*cktard owner to throw ridiculous money at a player to ruin your chance of re-signing him, and that definitely seems more likely with the other three.

If I am not mistaken Miller will not become a FA if there is no new CBA (years of service to become a FA go from 4 to 6 without a new CBA). So, he instead probably becomes a RFA and we have to hope another doesn't inflate his salary.

aries4972
03-05-2009, 12:50 PM

to hell with that...... for #7.. u can have my CURRENT wife....:flap:

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 01:14 PM
If I am not mistaken Miller will not become a FA if there is no new CBA (years of service to become a FA go from 4 to 6 without a new CBA). So, he instead probably becomes a RFA and we have to hope another doesn't inflate his salary.

Actually, I think that by that odd quirk of the rules, McFadden would go from being a FA this year to a RFA next year, IF we could keep him and sign him to a one-year deal. So I don't think he (or especially his agent) would want to let that happen. Although his options do seem to be narrowing.

I also think the RFA tag would apply to Miller and Holmes. Although if some moron offers Miller $10 million a year and Homles $15 million, I don't think we could match that, nor should we. Yeah, we'd get draft picks for them, but big whoop, since we would've lost two former first-rounders anyway. I just see a bigger danger of someone trying to swoop in and take Miller or Holmes because you can make the case that they're "special" or "best available at position" players. Regardless of what McFadden does, I don't think there'll be anything by end of next year to separate him from half a dozen other decent cornerbacks who hit the market, and most of htem will probably have more starting experience.

steelerdave1969
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
I would really like to see McFadden come back to the Steelers and keep this defensive as strong as ever. I am not sure how long the Steelers will sign LB James Harrison for, but he is already over 30 and there is not much more years in him in my opinion, maybe 3 years or 4 at the most.

The_WARDen
03-05-2009, 02:47 PM
someone looking for a big payday

and/or a starter's role....

Havik
03-07-2009, 10:27 AM
I hope McFadden stays with the Steelers. He played really well last year and has a lot of upside. Keeping McFadden will also mean the Steelers will not have to draft a corner, allowing them to use draft picks on badly needed o-line help and d-line depth.

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm so shocked the NE hasn't called on him yet, don't they love our cast off corners?

tony hipchest
03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Knowing when the market makes a turn is critical. For example, the top six cornerbacks to receive a contract averaged 4.5 years, $37 million and $19 million guaranteed. Many good cornerbacks remain on the market, but I would be surprised if any of them can get a deal with that kind of average after seeing Drayton Florence recently sign with the Buffalo Bills for two years and $6.6 million.

welp, the price is dropping. lets get him signed long term on the cheap and hope he continues to develop.

his 1st year as a starter we won the sb. i smell nothin but upside.

PalmerSteel
03-07-2009, 07:30 PM
welp, the price is dropping. lets get him signed long term on the cheap and hope he continues to develop.

his 1st year as a starter we won the sb. i smell nothin but upside.

i agree. double the years and money florence got IMO would be worth it.

HughC
03-07-2009, 07:32 PM

They get paid appropriately - what the market will bear. You think if players paid for less that owners would suddenly sell tickets for $10, beer for $2 and offer free parking, while telling the television networks they can show the games on TV for free?

The reason they get paid so much is because we the fans, consumers of this product called the NFL, are willing to buy a ticket regardless of the price, willing to buy a jersey regardless of the price, and willing to endure as much time watching advertisements as we do watching plays during a 60-minute game that takes 3 1/2 hours to finish.

Morgan
03-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Here's an animal sacrifice...inspired by Major League....

http://scrapetv.com/News/Images/kfc%20bucket%20of%20chicken.gif

Steeldude
03-08-2009, 10:26 AM
i am praying another team signs mcfadden. gay will be a fine replacement. the steelers need to spend their money elsewhere, not on an average CB.