PDA

View Full Version : T.O. RELEASED

lilyoder6
03-05-2009, 12:03 AM
well that is what SC is saying at least

Edman
03-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Yeah, he's pretty much out in Dallas. Just seen it on Sportscenter.

He's 35. T.O probably would've had a ring by now if he wasn't such an ass. Some sucky team will probably pick him up, though.

Nothing but a locker room cancer.

kmsteelerwr15
03-05-2009, 12:16 AM
haha this is awesome!!!! finally jerry jones did something right

Fordy
03-05-2009, 12:18 AM
Nate Washington's replacement???!!!

:couch:

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 12:21 AM
:toofunny:

the bungles will now trade c. johnson to philly and sign him.

thats about his only shot. well maybe not...

also look out for TB, OAK, NE, BALT, and MIN.

jjpro11
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM

you better hope that couch is bulletproof. :ak47:

Benzbrother
03-05-2009, 12:22 AM
I love this haha...wonder where who will pick him up?? He's kind of got that Barry Bonds type baggage with him that I would imagine most teams don't want to deal with

MACH1
03-05-2009, 12:28 AM
NE would be perfect. Let him spread a little of the cancer that is TO. :sofunny:

jjpro11
03-05-2009, 12:36 AM
NE would be perfect. Let him spread a little of the cancer that is TO. :sofunny:

no.. they are probably one of the only teams that would make signing him work. i dont want to see moss and owens running down the sidelines together with brady throwing it to them.

BehindSteelCurtain
03-05-2009, 12:44 AM
The cowboys finally did something right and Jerry Jones has a brain after all!

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
no.. they are probably one of the only teams that would make signing him work. i dont want to see moss and owens running down the sidelines together with brady throwing it to them.actually, steve young was just on saying that only a team like the steelers (or maybe the patriots and possibly the giants) could pull off signing and rehabbing his sorry ass.

while it wont happen with our team, i happen to agree with steve. i throw the ravens in that mix and TB just because they have multi millions to spend on free agents.

anyways, my guess is that marvin harrison will be a cowboy.

The Duke
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

I love this. but smart move jerry....for once

actually, steve young was just on saying that only a team like the steelers (or maybe the patriots and possibly the giants) could pull off signing and rehabbing his sorry ass.

while it wont happen with our team, i happen to agree with steve. i throw the ravens in that mix and TB just because they have multi millions to spend on free agents.

yep, the pats have actually shown they can cure this prima donas. the steelers probably could, but they won't even give them the pleasure of wearing black and gold

as for harrison a cowboy :puke:

I hope not, I would hate to root against him

jjpro11
03-05-2009, 12:52 AM
actually, steve young was just on saying that only a team like the steelers (or maybe the patriots and possibly the giants) could pull off signing and rehabbing his sorry ass.

well, he nearly was a raven before he went to philly.. not sure if the ravens would give him the time of day this time around after what he pulled.

nojobny
03-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Sources: Cowboys cut T.O.
ESPN.com news services

The Dallas Cowboys have released controversial wide receiver Terrell Owens, sources told ESPN's Michael Smith late Wednesday.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones did not deny the team is discussing the possible release of Owens in late February.

"There are several decisions on our roster we have to look at," Jones said at the time. "This is the time of year we do that. I'm not trying to be trite, but as you all know we're evaluating players in college, we're evaluating free agents and we're evaluating our own roster. This is an ongoing thing, not any different than this time last year."

The Cowboys paid Owens a $12 million signing bonus just last year, included as part of a new four-year, $34 million deal.

There has been talk since the end of the Cowboys' 9-7 season, in which they missed the playoffs, that they would consider cutting Owens to improve locker room morale.

Not only did Owens have relationship issues with quarterback Tony Romo and tight end Jason Witten, but the receiver consistently criticized offensive coordinator Jason Garrett's play calling and his offensive schemes to the point that sources say Garrett does not believe they can coexist.

While the Cowboys were trying to downplay a possible rift between Owens and Witten during the season, the two reportedly came close to blows in mid-December.

An incident occurred at the Cowboys' training facility when Witten tried to engage Owens in a conversation about a pass route. Owens told Witten to stay away from him and called him a name. The two exchanged words before being separated.

The confrontation came a day after a source told ESPN that Owens believed Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.

Owens caught 69 passes for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3953647

Preacher
03-05-2009, 01:41 AM
Well, You know- - - for vet minimum. . .

. . . I would NEVER want him on my team! :chuckle:

verks36
03-05-2009, 01:42 AM

very good call i think i will jump on that bandwaggan

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Oh lord TO to Kansas City....please please please please

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 02:24 AM
:rofl: :rofl:I love this. but smart move jerry....for once

Yes cutting a primary #1 target who averages 1000 yards and 9-10 TD's per season is such an excellent move when you're expected to be a Super Bowl-calibur team year after year.

MasterOfPuppets
03-05-2009, 02:32 AM
put some hot sauce on that cap hit your about to eat jerruh, might make it a little less bitter you freakin idiot....:laughing:

SteelersMongol
03-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Humbling experience? :popcorn:

you better hope that couch is bulletproof. :ak47:

:rofl: You guys. :laughing:

lilyoder6
03-05-2009, 04:20 AM
i would not want t.o going to ne.. that would be a scary ass offense with moss on the other side and welker in the slot...

but i think that t.o would want to go somewhere where he could win a possible championship

Galax Steeler
03-05-2009, 04:35 AM
I see him going to Tampa more then any where else.

Fire Haley
03-05-2009, 04:36 AM
I had to check out a Cowboys board - They are PISSED! 10-1 in favor of hanging Jerry Jones.

Who's Romo gonna throw to now? Roy Williams?

steelwall
03-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Some team out there needs to pick up T.O. And RayRay, that would be an interesting locker room.

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
..... after 10+ years of his crap, I can't imagine ANY team in the League, wanting Turdell Ownself, regardless of his (declining) talents, even the Pats:
he criticizes Coaching staffs, destroys QB confidence, and spews his cancer throughout the locker-room.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

Jerry Jones didn't 'get-smart' in releasing this bucketful of malignant monkey-f*$@..... he let it last too-long on his team, but fans of the Cryboys will tell you that Jones is a great owner.
:flap:

steelerbackr4life
03-05-2009, 06:13 AM
How bad is Jerry Jones becoming as an owner? He locked him up long term, let most of the other free agent wide outs sign elsewhere, then let his # 1 go?

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 06:19 AM
How bad is Jerry Jones becoming as an owner? He locked him up long term, let most of the other free agent wide outs sign elsewhere, then let his # 1 go?

http://www.mamapop.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/28/jones_owens.jpg

BRILLIANT!!!!!

none-the-less, getting rid of that turd is addition-through-subtraction

:drink:

stillers4me
03-05-2009, 06:24 AM
Housh signs with Seattle and then Jones decides to whack TO after he's unavailable? Whatever......

steelwall
03-05-2009, 06:28 AM
Housh signs with Seattle and then Jones decides to whack TO after he's unavailable? Whatever......

Good point.

LambertIsGod58
03-05-2009, 07:07 AM

the bungles will now trade c. johnson to philly and sign him.

thats about his only shot. well maybe not...

also look out for TB, OAK, NE, BALT, and MIN.

Can you imagine NE with a healthy Brady with Moss, TO and Welker?

steelballs
03-05-2009, 07:14 AM
- Let's wait and see how much Dan Snyder and the skins throw at him.

Also, the Raiders are always looking for a good distraction.

Fire Haley
03-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Who will cry for Romo now?

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM

..... the tattered string of QBs Turdell has left in his past?

tony hipchest
03-05-2009, 09:31 AM
Can you imagine NE with a healthy Brady with Moss, TO and Welker?and a healthy fred taylor in the backfield who only needs 10-15 touches a game. hell, he'd get 10 yards a carry anyways.

that would be scary as hell. TO has patriots written all over him.

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 09:45 AM

Why Jessica of course -she cries about everything. :crying01: :chuckle:

Dumb Bungles - they should have waited a bit before signing Coles - they could have had yet another walking, talking bottle of Summers Eve on that team who would have fit right in. :doh:

That is one guy I NEVER want to see in a Steelers uniform.

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 09:47 AM
..... on 'Mike-n-Mike' this morning, they both said that Turdell needs to go to an established, stuctured team, that already has good attitude with leaders in the locker-room, and when it was suggested that Pittsburgh enter the mix, Golic emphatically stated

"NO..... Pittsburgh has done it their-way for many years"

KeiselPower99
03-05-2009, 09:58 AM
I tell you what. Im impressed by them owning up and cutting him. Maybe Jerry isnt as dumb as he seems. I can see him going to Minnesota Tampa Tennessee or Baltimore. Hell if he goes to Baltimore and pisses Ray Lewis off we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Ray gets mad stabs T.O. and Ray gets suspended.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Yes cutting a primary #1 target who averages 1000 yards and 9-10 TD's per season is such an excellent move when you're expected to be a Super Bowl-calibur team year after year.

When that primary #1 target is also a self-serving media wh0re and an absolute head case who has never failed to destroy any locker room he has set foot in, then it actually is a smart move. In the end, it's still ultimately a team game and for as talented as T.O. is, he's never been a team player. He just doesn't get it, he never has gotten it, and it doesn't look like he ever will.

Godfather
03-05-2009, 10:36 AM

Agree...those are the two owners dumb enough to take him. He probably won't go to Oakland because they're not a contender.

He already burned his bridges in Baltimore so that's not an option. He's an assclown but not a felon so he wouldn't fit in with the Bungholes.

It's possible someone gives him a one year deal in the hope of getting a ring before the inevitable circus begins, but Washington looks like the best bet.

iceman000123
03-05-2009, 11:13 AM
All I know is this. Whether you like him or not he is a top calibur receiver. He will be going somewhere I'm just interested where. I think the best place for him is a team with out any other major receivers on them. That way he won't have to complain about getting the ball thrown to him more. I don't like the idea of him going to NE that is just to dangerous. I give it a week before he is signed :helmet:

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 12:04 PM
All I know is this. Whether you like him or not he is a top calibur receiver. He will be going somewhere I'm just interested where. I think the best place for him is a team with out any other major receivers on them. That way he won't have to complain about getting the ball thrown to him more. I don't like the idea of him going to NE that is just to dangerous. I give it a week before he is signed :helmet:

Yep, and he's also a team cancer and locker room poison. At some point, the talent isn't worth all the other BS that goes along with it. But you're right, some team will look at his stats alone and gloss over his complete inability to fit into a team environment (again), pick him up anyway and will eventually rue the day like the Niners, Eagles and Cowboys wound up doing. And I will feel absolutely no sympathy for that team when it happens - there's been enough of a precedent set by the guy over the last 13 years that any team stupid enough to take a chance that they'll be the one to "change" him deserves what they get.

steelballs
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
Agree...those are the two owners dumb enough to take him. He probably won't go to Oakland because they're not a contender.

He already burned his bridges in Baltimore so that's not an option. He's an assclown but not a felon so he wouldn't fit in with the Bungholes.

It's possible someone gives him a one year deal in the hope of getting a ring before the inevitable circus begins, but Washington looks like the best bet.

I've always had respect for the Redskins (mostly before Snyder) but if Snyder brings this cancer to DC, he deserves every distraction, tantrum and immature "look at me" antic TO will inevitably present.

Snyder should learn that football people should make the Skins' personnel decisions, not Snyder's personal feelings and the need to make that "big name" signing.

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I don't know about the Redskins signing him. I think they're out of money for this year.

I would absolutely hate to see him go to the Patriots, and it sucks because they now have the cap room to pull that off. Hell, I'd rather see him go to one of our division rivals than them. Although I'd still hold out hope that he's enough of a jerk to ruin the team.

Godfather
03-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I don't know about the Redskins signing him. I think they're out of money for this year.

I would absolutely hate to see him go to the Patriots, and it sucks because they now have the cap room to pull that off. Hell, I'd rather see him go to one of our division rivals than them. Although I'd still hold out hope that he's enough of a jerk to ruin the team.

Hard call there....every team that signs him is making a deal with the devil. So far the devil has always collected first.

Like everyone else, I'd hate to see what Brady* could do with To-Moss-Welker. But I would love to see To blow up the Pats* locker room and question Brady's sexual preference. If the circus happens and they don't get a ring I'll love it.

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 12:37 PM

even-though the Pats Coach might-think he's capable of reeling-in Turdell's huge ego, I believe he'd pass on even attempting to blend Ownself into the team he's created:
they went 18-1* a year ago before losing * the Super Bowl*, then 11-5 in '08 and barely missing the playoffs with a career back-up QB for 15/16 of the season, so it's not-like the Pats are scrambling.....

the one constant during this decade with the Pats is their one-for-all attitude, and does anyone want to bet that Ownself won't kill that?

the risk out-weighs ANY reward, when dealing with that ass-hat..... (ask Frisco, Philthy, or the Cryboys)

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Hard call there....every team that signs him is making a deal with the devil. So far the devil has always collected first.

Like everyone else, I'd hate to see what Brady* could do with To-Moss-Welker. But I would love to see To blow up the Pats* locker room and question Brady's sexual preference. If the circus happens and they don't get a ring I'll love it.

Yeah .. but come to think of it, if the Pats are going to sign any ex-Cowboy troublemaker/diva, I'd rather they pick up Pacman, if only because he's got all of the downside but he's not really talented enough to help them very much.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Devils Advocate...when players Like TO, Moss, Dillian, and the likes go to teams that haven't won in a while, Philly, Cincy, Dallas, the place falls apart, but when those same players go to a winner, Like NE they play hard.

I think there is something to be said for a guy who complains while on a losing team, getting to a team with a Roster full of dudes with 2 rings telling him to shut the fck up and just play ball, that maybe, just maybe, they get it.

I mean, does anyone really think TO would be able to Poison our Locker Room?

I don't. I think he would show up and Harrison and Troy and Ward and Ben would sit him down and tell him, "This is how we do it, and we have 2 rings, You have ZERO, now shut up, listen, pay attention and play hard and you may earn a Ring with us"

I hate the guy, but I believe OUR Team is Stronger than T.O. And I wouldn't fear him hurting our locker room. Not when there is entire roster full of guys with at Least 1 Ring and Most with Two Rings.

Pretty much, He'd have to shut up, and do his job.

Not saying I want him, just saying, It wouldn't destroy us. We have the Kryptonite to his Cancer and its called, Winning Super Bowls.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Ben could look T.O. Right in the face and say from day one

"See that guy, #86, yeah, he's my main man, he's a Super Bowl MVP and has 2 SB Rings" and "See that guy, #10, he's my other main man, He's a Super Bowl MVP and he's got a Ring too" and "You will do your job, get open on 3rd down and catch the ball IF I throw it to you. Open you mouth once and I will have the Rooney's Bench You then Cut you. And remember, If the Rooney's Cut you, you are not going to get picked up by anyone."

Godfather
03-05-2009, 01:01 PM

"See that guy, #86, yeah, he's my main man, he's a Super Bowl MVP and has 2 SB Rings" and "See that guy, #10, he's my other main man, He's a Super Bowl MVP and he's got a Ring too" and "You will do your job, get open on 3rd down and catch the ball IF I throw it to you. Open you mouth once and I will have the Rooney's Bench You then Cut you. And remember, If the Rooney's Cut you, you are not going to get picked up by anyone."

I wouldn't mind having TO on the 1970s Steelers. I would love to see what Lambert and Mean Joe and Mel Blount would have done to him the first time he ran his mouth.

Here's a hilarious Wiki page for TO. I wish I could take credit for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Terrell_Owens&oldid=257968033

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Devils Advocate...when players Like TO, Moss, Dillian, and the likes go to teams that haven't won in a while, Philly, Cincy, Dallas, the place falls apart, but when those same players go to a winner, Like NE they play hard.

I think there is something to be said for a guy who complains while on a losing team, getting to a team with a Roster full of dudes with 2 rings telling him to shut the fck up and just play ball, that maybe, just maybe, they get it.

I don't. I think he would show up and Harrison and Troy and Ward and Ben would sit him down and tell him, "This is how we do it, and we have 2 rings, You have ZERO, now shut up, listen, pay attention and play hard and you may earn a Ring with us"

I hate the guy, but I believe OUR Team is Stronger than T.O. And I wouldn't fear him hurting our locker room. Not when there is entire roster full of guys with at Least 1 Ring and Most with Two Rings.

Not saying I want him, just saying, It wouldn't destroy us. We have the Kryptonite to his Cancer and its called, Winning Super Bowls.

~ Dino 6 Rings ~

why risk it..... let some other poor excuse for a team pick-up this walking turd-burglar:
nothing..... N-O-T-H-I-N-G..... he'd bring would be worth what he might cost the franchise, and ruin the existing chemistry

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 01:05 PM

No, because his "ME, ME, ME" bullshit wouldn't be tolerated by our FO for one minute, never mind multiple seasons.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM

Believe me-by week 6, even if you're 6-0, he'll be complaining how Holmes, Ward, and Parker are getting more touches than him. And to boot-the guy is so cunningly smart to the point where he'll get at least 1/2 of the locker room on his side.

As for receivers by and large having ego problems, I'm not surprised b/c the WR position is that "beagle" position to begin with-it can be frustrating sometimes b/c they can be at their best, but other factors like the line not blocking well, the run game working alot better, and the QB having an offday can really offset things. However-most of these WRs outside of TO are still good team players. Take Plaxico Burress, for example-he may be a major headcase(he's even seen cursing out Coughlin on occassions), but he still knows how to suck it up and be a very good team player.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Yeah .. but come to think of it, if the Pats are going to sign any ex-Cowboy troublemaker/diva, I'd rather they pick up Pacman, if only because he's got all of the downside but he's not really talented enough to help them very much.

The Pats need DBs, and to some extent, (younger)LBs. They have no business even thinking twice about picking up another receiver.

And oh-they need to hurry up and extend their best D player...Vince Wilfork.

Dino 6 Rings
03-05-2009, 01:11 PM
No, because his "ME, ME, ME" bullshit wouldn't be tolerated by our FO for one minute, never mind multiple seasons.

See, I really think on the other teams he's gone to, he was given too much control over what went on because those teams were losers. (Yes Dallas fans, and Eagles Fans, your teams are Losers, we have 2 rings with Ben, your QBs have Zero and Choke in big games, so Suck It.)

Back on point. TO has obviously burnt bridges and caused issues in WEAK locker Rooms. In our Locker Room, I'm telling you, Ben would just say to him "See that kid Limas Sweed, you beat him out first, never mind worrying about trying to catch more balls than my 2 Super Bowl MVP Receivers, got it Chump? Good, now go learn the playbook and hit the weight room, Harrison wants to talk to you too, as does Farrior and Foote and Woodley and explain to you about holding the ball when you run routes across the middle."

It won't happen, The Rooney's wont over pay for an aging reciever with a bad attitude, I'm just defending the strength of our Locker Room against the will of TO. He'd be eliminated long before his cancer took effect.

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 01:53 PM
It won't happen, The Rooney's wont over pay for an aging reciever with a bad attitude, I'm just defending the strength of our Locker Room against the will of TO. He'd be eliminated long before his cancer took effect.

I don't doubt that our own sense of team unity or whatever would be strong enough to deal with a guy like TO. I just see plenty of opportunity for bad results to come out of it anyway.

I mean, sure, if he started mouthing off about not getting the ball, our guys would probably tell him to put a sock in it, and I don't think it would destroy our team. But I don't think there's anything they could do that would necessarily make him play harder or keep his ego in check. More likely he'd just do things to cry for attention harder and harder, and even if the other players could ignore it, pretty soon he'd be benched or cut, and what good would all that have done for us in the end? None at all.

Guys like that, you don't mess with. It doesn't matter how strong or dedicated your locker room is; they'll find a way to cause trouble for you regardless.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't doubt that our own sense of team unity or whatever would be strong enough to deal with a guy like TO. I just see plenty of opportunity for bad results to come out of it anyway.

I mean, sure, if he started mouthing off about not getting the ball, our guys would probably tell him to put a sock in it, and I don't think it would destroy our team. But I don't think there's anything they could do that would necessarily make him play harder or keep his ego in check. More likely he'd just do things to cry for attention harder and harder, and even if the other players could ignore it, pretty soon he'd be benched or cut, and what good would all that have done for us in the end? None at all.

Guys like that, you don't mess with. It doesn't matter how strong or dedicated your locker room is; they'll find a way to cause trouble for you regardless.

As good as TO is, I can name several other receivers that are better. Burress is one of them-for example, he's brilliant at running the fade route, something Owens can't do even if it meant to save his own life. Fitzgerald is another prime example-he has more skills than Owens you can poke holes through.

Even if Owens is a choir boy, he's a 1 trick pony. He can use his size and speed to outrun defenders, but THAT'S IT!

4xSBChamps
03-05-2009, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't mind having TO on the 1970s Steelers. I would love to see what Lambert and Mean Joe and Mel Blount would have done to him the first time he ran his mouth.

..... a warm, cloudy day at St. Vincent College, sometime in the 1970s.....

"..... I don't care if Lambert has sniffed-out this play repeatedly.....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/NollBradshaw.jpg

..... we're going to run this pass over-the-middle to until we get it right!!!!!

..... psst..... Terry..... don't be-afraid to throw this one a bit behind Owens, ya-follow?"

:wink02:

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 02:59 PM

TO's presence in our lockeroom might cause a bit of a melee between Big Snack and Kemo to see who could make a TO pancake out of him first. :chuckle:

steelerdave1969
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM
T.O. Most likely will end up in New England or Oakland. They may actually be that last chance that he has. But what a duo he and Randy Moss would make?....wow

GeneralRobinson
03-05-2009, 03:06 PM

I love those grey facemaks and block numbers.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Michael Irvin on Terrell Owens and Roy Williams
10:39 AM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Michael Irvin got the word from T.O. around 10 o'clock last night. The text message read: "I am no longer a Cowboy."

Irvin's immediate reaction: "I was shocked. I was surprised."

Just talking to Irvin on the phone this morning I get the feeling, the Hall of Fame wide receiver is a much bigger T.O. fan than Roy Williams fan.

Irvin immediately pointed to Owens' 38 touchdowns over the last three seasons. "Nobody in thie world understands the value of a teammate more than me," Irvin said. "But I also understand the value of points...It's sad that the Cowboys and Terrell couldn;t come together and work this out."

Irvin also called Owens, "A proud man who can be a great asset but can be a great liability." Irvin's prediction is that wherever Owens lands, he will work hard to prove the Cowboys made a mistake. "His attitude will be, 'I gotta show everybody I can do it.'"

As for Roy Williams...

As for Roy Williams, Owen's designated successor at lead wide receiver, Irvin did not sound overly enthused. Irvin termed Williams complaints "bogus" that he did not get enough passes thrown his way after arriving from the Lions last season.

"We don't know what Roy can do," Irvin said. "Just because the Cowboys gave up a one, a three and a six (draft choices)...What was he doing being overweight? It didn't look like he could get open. It was not 'wow', 'wow', 'wow' after he got here."

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 03:24 PM
When that primary #1 target is also a self-serving media wh0re and an absolute head case who has never failed to destroy any locker room he has set foot in, then it actually is a smart move. In the end, it's still ultimately a team game and for as talented as T.O. is, he's never been a team player. He just doesn't get it, he never has gotten it, and it doesn't look like he ever will.

Team Obliterator eh? A guy who averages 1000 yards and 9-10 TD's per-season with or without team chemistry is far from obliteration. Funny how every team he's been on has been one step lower without him. Philly at least made the Super Bowl with him and in a losing effort he had 9 catches for 122 yards with a broken leg. Dallas went 13-3 and got a first round bye in the playoffs and TO was probably the only member of that offense who showed up against NYGiants in that game.

Any smart football team knows that when a big game is on the line, TO shows up no matter what. So he has some off the field issues. As if other top-tier WR's in the past haven't. The bottom line is that TO is on another level when it comes to actual performance and teams need to stop getting strung-out on this idea that he's going to poison a team if he performs at TO level. Jerry's gonna realize what a mistake he made. He thought missing the playoffs last year bad. Pfft.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Team Obliterator eh? A guy who averages 1000 yards and 9-10 TD's per-season with or without team chemistry is far from obliteration. Funny how every team he's been on has been one step lower without him. Philly at least made the Super Bowl with him and in a losing effort he had 9 catches for 122 yards with a broken leg. Dallas went 13-3 and got a first round bye in the playoffs and TO was probably the only member of that offense who showed up against NYGiants in that game.

Any smart football team knows that when a big game is on the line, TO shows up no matter what. So he has some off the field issues. As if other top-tier WR's in the past haven't. The bottom line is that TO is on another level when it comes to actual performance and teams need to stop getting strung-out on this idea that he's going to poison a team if he performs at TO level. Jerry's gonna realize what a mistake he made. He thought missing the playoffs last year bad. Pfft.

If he's so great and "lifts the teams he plays on," why doesn't he have a ring, then? The fact remains he's divided locker rooms everywhere he's gone. He's a team cancer and he's not worth the BS. That is why Jones let him go. That is why Reid inactivated him for half a season in Philly the year following the Eagles' appearance in that SB and ultimately cut ties with him at the end of it.

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM

So what you're saying here is that allowing one pompous moron to destroy the morale and comradery of an ENTIRE team is acceptable, as long as he performs? :doh::banging: Obviously the Eagles and Cowboys FO's disagree with you as well.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 03:45 PM
If he's so great, why doesn't he have a ring, then? The fact remains he's divided locker rooms everywhere he's gone. He's a team cancer and he's not worth the BS. That is why Jones let him go. That is why Reid inactivated him for half a season in Philly the year following the Eagles' appearance in that SB and ultimately cut ties with him at the end of it.

LOL!!!

Larry Fitz, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss;etc do not have rings so yeah I don't see where your point is with that one.

The fact is: TO is absolutely not the problem with Dallas. Go ask any Cowboys fan how they felt when Wade Phillips was not involved in their defensive play-calling and ask them how they felt when the week Romo returned to action TO returned to TO getting 100 yards per game. Jones let him go because Jones panics in desperate situations and it's why he hasn't won a Super Bowl since the 90s. With TO, they were at least a complete offensive team. Now he expects to go to the distance in the NFC East with Roy Williams as a #1 target? You've gotta be kidding me.

Also, how has Philly's luck tenured since his departure? Seems to me like they've had one NFC Championship run (which they lost again), one other wild card spot where they fell short and an 8-8 season. To say that TO didn't make a difference on that team is laughable.

Teams obviously have not learned their lesson yet: When you give up TO, he makes you pay and makes you look silly. If having a WR who you know actually cares about the game is a cancer to a team then I guess we shouldn't call it NFL anymore.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 03:48 PM
So what you're saying here is that allowing one pompous moron to destroy the morale and comradery of an ENTIRE team is acceptable, as long as he performs? :doh::banging: Obviously the Eagles and Cowboys FO's disagree with you as well.

Win at all costs mentality. Remember the threads asking if we should have gone after CJ and Chris Henry we've had around here?

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM

an entire team?

Yeah let's not mention that Jerry has a boner for picking up veterans that are 3 years beyond their prime on defense every year, is constantly picking up free agents who have a total of 2 decent years on average and after that do absolutely nothing and then you wait until week 12 of the season to go tell Wade Phillips to do his job and start calling defensive plays like he was brought in to do.

Blaming a guy for an entire team's problems is LOL. I guess the Pats fell short in the Super Bowl because Tom Brady trash-talked the Giants during the press conference right?

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Teams obviously have not learned their lesson yet: When you give up TO, he makes you pay and makes you look silly.

And how does he do that other than lobbing verbal hand grenades in the press after his departure?

If having a WR who you know actually cares about the game is a cancer to a team then I guess we shouldn't call it NFL anymore.

T.O.'s a jackass that cares about one thing: T.O. Nothing else matters to him. Like TNewman41 said in an earlier post, you'll see how much he cares about the game when the team gets off to a 6-0 start and he's still bitching because he's not getting the ball enough. He doesn't give a damn about anything except HIS numbers and HIS pub.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 03:55 PM
He doesn't give a damn about anything except HIS numbers and HIS pub.

Um didn't the guy cry when everyone was criticizing Romo after their loss to the Giants?

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Um didn't the guy cry when everyone was criticizing Romo after their loss to the Giants?

And yet, how quickly he turned on that same QB when he thought that Romo and Witten were devising plays behind his back that targeted the TE.

TO is a Jack@$$. Plain and simple. The Eagles run to the SB didn't involve TO in the playoffs. My guess is that McNabb felt compelled to throw it to TO so that he could keep TO out of the press after the game. Instead, TO insults the guy on national television. Only Braylon Edwards has a worse Catch/Drop rate than he does for a WR with at least 40 catches a season.

But hey, if you like TO's nuts on your chin, by all means, keep them there. It's your life and you're more than welcome to live it like you want to.

devilsdancefloor
03-05-2009, 04:15 PM

http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/3/3/5/gumby12001/f_1m_79d7933.jpg

yup he did cry! but doesn change the fact that he kills a team once he is there for a while. I think when he first gets to a team he is terrel owens and once he gets comfy his split personality comes out named TO. He could be the most amazing WR ever in the history of the NFL he is not worth the all the crap he is a drama queen

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:16 PM
The media has always been favorable of going after TO for every reason even if what he says is in a completely different context. It's unfortunate but that's just how it is.

TO can be this jackass all he wants because guess what? In a big game when everything is on the line, that's the jackass I wanna throw the deep ball to. Afterward, he can say whatever he feels the need to say. He's earned that right as a top-tier future Hall of Famer and he's certainly exempt to that "put up or shut up" rule and he's proven it.

Example

McNabb in Super Bowl: *puke puke puke* Wahhhh I'm tired!

TO: Hey bro, suck a big one! I'm playing on a broken leg over here!

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
FYI-Mort just reported on NFL Live that the Titans are one of the few interested in TO's services b/c he and Fisher have known each other well since Owens was at Univ of TN @Chatanooga.(plus they have alot of locker room vets)

Surprising nonetheless b/c Fisher has a mentally tough, team-first approach.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 04:21 PM
McNabb played through his sickness...he didn't go to the media and whine about how he didn't feel well. He didn't try to throw TO under the bus. And TO wasn't playing on a broken leg...he was playing on a leg that had already healed.

That drool rolling out the corner of your mouth looks a little white.

The Duke
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
Titans, jets, dolphins, falcons, bolts, browns, ravens, skins, giants, vikings and obviously eagles and 49ers are not interested

oh my!

I guess all this teams have no idea they are passing on a hall of famer :noidea:

btw, that's almost half the league when you add the boys and the steelers

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:24 PM
TO haters on here are LOL!

If he was in black and gold I doubt anyone here would bitch.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 04:31 PM
I'd hate him even more.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:35 PM
I bet he wouldn't wreck his bike

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 04:37 PM
That's your QB issue, has nothing to do with my team.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Didn't your former TE who the Clowns gave away for scrap do the same thing also?

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Didn't your former TE who the Clowns gave away for scrap do the same thing also?

Yup, but when you try to sling $hit, your hands get dirty. Bringing up a bike accident is the wrong thing to do to a Browns fan. I'll push your QB stupidity (riding without a helmet) back in your face.

As you mentioned, FORMER TE. He's not a Brown, he has nothing to do with the Browns anymore. Good riddance to another locker room cancer. And let's be honest here, he's really a WR. I think Hines might be a better blocker/TE than Winslow.

revefsreleets
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
TO haters on here are LOL!

If he was in black and gold I doubt anyone here would bitch.

That was no joke. I'd stop cheering for the team. Signing a player like him goes against everything the Steelers stand for.

JEFF4i
03-05-2009, 04:52 PM
Yup, but when you try to sling $hit, your hands get dirty. Bringing up a bike accident is the wrong thing to do to a Browns fan. I'll push your QB stupidity (riding without a helmet) back in your face.

As you mentioned, FORMER TE. He's not a Brown, he has nothing to do with the Browns anymore. Good riddance to another locker room cancer. And let's be honest here, he's really a WR. I think Hines might be a better blocker/TE than Winslow.

You're on a Steelers forum Brown, don't forget that. :wink02:

That said, TO should go to the Lions.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:53 PM
Difference is my QB has 2 Super Bowl rings in the end. Only thing he did wrong was not getting messed up attempting an evil kenieval stunt. If you're gonna wreck yourself, do it in style!

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
That was no joke. I'd stop cheering for the team. Signing a player like him goes against everything the Steelers stand for.

Winning?

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 04:58 PM

Why? They'll just get rid of him after a year. T.O. sticks around for two seasons, sometimes even three.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 05:05 PM
The ironic thing about TO is that when he divides locker rooms, he gets DEFENSIVE players on his side-it happened in Philly(i.e. Jevon Kearse commented how he was a "wonderful teammate"). And now here in Dallas, guys like Newman and Greg Ellis(2 of our best players, that is) have already come out saying how much of a great guy he was, how they were shocked they let him go, etc.

If he was on your team, just imagine guys like Casey, Troy, Lamar, Harrison, et al coming out on his side. That would be HUGE.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Well not only that but look at what Steve Young had to say last night. He told ESPN that TO's work ethic was absolutely out of this world and he was probably one of the better team mates that he had in the history of his career.

and I still don't think he ever had a personal problem with Romo even if the media made it seem as if he did. He never raised any controversy or addressed any issues his first 2 years in Dallas even when they lost back to back playoff appearances. He also seemed to get along with Wade Phillips pretty well.

It's easy to knock the guy when instead of his accomplishments all we here of is this controversy surrounding him. Just like many other famous athletes whose on the field performances have become tainted because of personal issues. It's sad that the sports world had to go in that direction.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 05:27 PM
3:47 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens issued a statement through his website.

It says: I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley.

Terrell Owens

Preacher
03-05-2009, 05:30 PM
3:47 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Terrell Owens issued a statement through his website.

It says: I want to thank Jerry Jones, Coach Phillips and the Dallas Cowboys for the opportunity to be a member of the team for the past three years.

A big thanks to the fans -- you've been awesome! I look forward to the upcoming season and continuing to play in the NFL.

I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of Marquis Cooper, Corey Smith and William Bleakley.

Terrell Owens

I gotta say, there seems to be no way he wrote that.

Preacher
03-05-2009, 05:35 PM
And to put it all in perspective,

T.O. has a great work ethic... unfortunately, so does his mouth.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 05:37 PM
IMO, Robinson hits it out of the park with this article. And I find myself disagreeing with Robinson more often than not.

This should spell the end for T.O.

By Charles Robinson, Yahoo! Sports

So Terrell Owens finally is gone. Rip up that Dallas Cowboys star from midfield – the personal stage he couldn’t resist. Roll it into a steel barrel and seal it with concrete. Then bury it beneath the Texas Stadium parking lot, and for the sake of the next naïve NFL franchise, pray that Owens’ fading career is laid to rest with it.

This can’t happen again. Not after three franchises, three quarterbacks and untold exclusive interviews, all in which Owens sermonizes about how we must understand that he’s merely misunderstood. Even Cowboys owner Jerry Jones can see it now – the reality that in the end, T.O. is nothing more than the NFL’s decaying nuclear reactor: a seduction of heat and energy and power … until it inevitably leaves a bitter nuclear winter in its wake.

Make no mistake, this is what happened Wednesday. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones finally realized the needle on the Geiger counter had gone too far into the red, and he dispatched Owens in the first move of a cleanup that could take several seasons. Finally, the owner who fiercely values his own opinion opened his mind and let the outside world change it. Maybe it was the coaching staff or the players or the nagging sliver of doubt in his brain. Whatever it took, Wednesday was Jones finally admitting that he was wrong.

Now it’s up to the rest of the NFL to sit up and take notice. Because some Super Bowl-contending team undoubtedly will wonder what Owens will look like in its scheme. Scores of fans will daydream for a moment, wondering what T.O. would look like next to Randy Moss, or catching passes from Eli Manning, or matching his charisma with Ray Lewis. But what everyone should be seeing at this moment is the most radioactive player in the NFL – a natural disaster just waiting to corrupt the course of another franchise.

Three years ago, Jones took that fantasy and made it a reality. He looked at Owens’ personnel file and never got past the gaudy résumé. It was all about the numbers and the glitz. He scoffed at the notion of trouble, even though Owens’ history screamed of it. He even fractured his relationship with former coach Bill Parcells over it. All Jones saw was a dynamic talent who had the potential to spark a bygone Cowboys era – a player who could dominate a game, while simultaneously justifying added drama by capturing the entertainment spotlight, too. But what he failed to consider was that while Dallas benefited from bad boys like Michael Irvin and Charles Haley, the championships the Cowboys reaped didn’t come at the expense of a divided locker room.

Therein lies what should scare off the rest of the NFL and summarily end Owens’ career this week: the fact that he can’t help but create his own little fiefdoms inside a team. One former Dallas coach said as much at this year’s combine, relating stories about how Owens would go beyond typical dissatisfaction. While almost all NFL wideouts complain at some point about their roles, coaches or quarterbacks, most find a way to problem-solve without destroying a team. Instead, Owens works to build a consensus of disdain among teammates – effectively turning locker rooms into staging grounds for coups d’état.

By the time he forced his way out of San Francisco, he already had turned on quarterback Jeff Garcia privately – an ugliness Owens eventually made known in a variety of ways, including an interview with Playboy Magazine in which he questioned Garcia’s sexuality. Philadelphia was supposed to be the fresh start, complete with a big-armed quarterback and a great supporting cast. But it only took one year for Owens to start a raging forest fire in the Eagles locker room, undermining quarterback Donovan McNabb, disrespecting then-offensive coordinator Brad Childress and even coming to blows with former teammate Hugh Douglas.

Then came 2006, in what was supposed to be the final reclamation project. This would be where Owens finally would capture his Super Bowl ring and lay to rest all his transgressions. We were supposed to believe that maybe Owens had been miscast before and that a bigger stage and a bigger circus was exactly what he needed to blend in. And after Parcells and then-wide receivers coach Todd Haley departed, we were led to believe he had it all: a laid-back head coach in Wade Phillips, an encouraging position coach in Ray Sherman and a quarterback in Tony Romo who was as even-keeled as he was talented. Lest we forget, Owens also had the lucrative long-term contract he was deprived of in Philadelphia.

But what was supposed to be nirvana was nothing short of disappointing. Three years later, the T.O. era in Dallas ends with as many playoff wins as Super Bowl rings – zero. Instead, it was marked by annual controversy and, finally, the seemingly mandatory meltdown. Media reports out of Dallas over the course of last season read like an unchanging manual of self-destruction, complete with Owens allegedly showing an uncanny ability for chirping and bitching and stirring up other teammates.

A former Cowboys coach told Yahoo! Sports last month that he saw Owens do it with fellow wideouts Miles Austin and Patrick Crayton. Other media reports indicated Owens did the same with newly acquired wideout Roy Williams, too, all the while creating a familiar divide between his recruits and some of the familiar targets: the quarterback, the head coach, the wide receivers coach, the offensive coordinator and others. Like his situations in San Francisco and Philadelphia, it wasn’t just Owens having his own problems. It was T.O. convincing other players they should have a problem, too.

So now Jerry Jones finally has stepped in to do some disaster management before all he has left to manage is a smoldering heap of ashes. And Owens will move on without moving on, lobbing hand grenades from wherever he goes next. Perhaps the only thing that can stop the cycle of destruction is the 29 unscathed teams realizing some basic facts.

Maybe teams finally will look past the Hall of Fame résumé and see a malcontent with enough red flags to decorate every porch in China. Maybe they will see a player who is three years older, with skills in a state of decline. Maybe they finally will see Terrell Owens for what he is: a distracting dream of the heat and the energy, followed by fallout that will linger long after he’s gone.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjrswggHG3PMEtCk8OqfeWv.uLYF?slug=cr-owens030509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
IMO, Robinson hits it out of the park with this article. And I find myself disagreeing with Robinson more often than not.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjrswggHG3PMEtCk8OqfeWv.uLYF?slug=cr-owens030509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

SF kept him instead of trading him to the expansion Texans for the #33 pick overal b/c they were so close to being a championship team.(if it had been the #1 pick overall, they would have pulled the trigger, but that's a different story)

Philly gambled on him b/c in their previous playoff runs, their receivers couldn't catch a cold nor run a decent route if their life depended on it.

Dallas gambled on him b/c they sorely lacked a game-breaker. Yes-I know the TEAM has to come FIRST, but every championship team has at least a game-breaker or 2.(i.e. you guys have Holmes)

Pt being that there WILL be playoff-caliber teams DESPERATE enough to take a gamble on him, ESPECIALLY the ones out there that are sorely lacking in the receiver department. The Titans are one of them, just to name a few.

klick81
03-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Raiders will sign him...I have little doubt about this.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 06:05 PM
SF kept him instead of trading him to the expansion Texans for the #33 pick overal b/c they were so close to being a championship team.(if it had been the #1 pick overall, they would have pulled the trigger, but that's a different story)

Philly gambled on him b/c in their previous playoff runs, their receivers couldn't catch a cold nor run a decent route if their life depended on it.

Dallas gambled on him b/c they sorely lacked a game-breaker. Yes-I know the TEAM has to come FIRST, but every championship team has at least a game-breaker or 2.(i.e. you guys have Holmes)

Pt being that there WILL be playoff-caliber teams DESPERATE enough to take a gamble on him, ESPECIALLY the ones out there that are sorely lacking in the receiver department. The Titans are one of them, just to name a few.

Oh, I have no doubt that another team will take a chance on him and more than likely be team #4 to get burned. It's also not an indictment of the 3 teams he's already burned. As the article points out, his talent makes him hard to pass up, especially when his particular skill set can rectify a certain team's deficiencies. The guy's a great player, without a doubt, but all the extracurricular crap that comes with his huge talent isn't worth it in the end. If he was only an average WR, or, for that matter, even a good WR, his ass would've been out of the NFL about a decade ago by now due to all his baggage. The fact that he's a great WR is the only reason he's hung around this long.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I gotta say, there seems to be no way he wrote that.

Why?

TO's problems aren't with the fans or the actual organization. His problems throughout the year was with some of the coaching decisions and if you're a Cowboys fan who can blame him? It was their own fault that they failed to make the playoffs and TO tried to do everything he could to motivate them by getting them to play better and make better decisions. It wasn't like he came out and called them all p.o.s's and acted like the team was helpless.

BrandonCarr39
03-05-2009, 06:40 PM
Oh, I have no doubt that another team will take a chance on him and more than likely be team #4 to get burned. It's also not an indictment of the 3 teams he's already burned. As the article points out, his talent makes him hard to pass up, especially when his particular skill set can rectify a certain team's deficiencies. The guy's a great player, without a doubt, but all the extracurricular crap that comes with his huge talent isn't worth it in the end. If he was only an average WR, or, for that matter, even a good WR, his ass would've been out of the NFL about a decade ago by now due to all his baggage. The fact that he's a great WR is the only reason he's hung around this long.

Worst of all, believe it or not, he divides his respective teams fan bases. Over on our board, whenever there's TO threads, not only do they have one too many pages, but the pro/anti crowd is split 50/50, to the point where there's alot of fighting going on. Even after he was cut, there are still some who are saying Jethro's going to regret this move.

Believe it or not too-a good portion of Philly fans like him alot(I saw threads on their board today saying they should bring him back).

AND...even some Niners fans miss him.

Also-even when he's a GOOD teammate, he still brings alot of baggage, why? B/c the overt-publicity from ESPN and their ilk will go on 24/7 about this...honestly-I felt the locker room became divided b/c of this as well b/c there were alot of our young guys(Felix, Barber, Choice, Austin, Crayton, Witten, Bennett, etc) who were busting their tails just as much, only for their work to get largely ignored from this Owens media onslaught...ultimately, they prolly got jealous. Throwing Pacman into the fire didn't help matters either.

I mean, really-when Hines Ward, for example, gets only 2 catches/20 yards in a win, but, most of his production was making monster blocks, how often do you see the national sports media pouring praises over him 24/7?(i.e. was eluding above to the Packers game in wk3 last year when Owens had few stats, but had some great blocking for Felix and our RBs, plus he bailed out Romo on one INT by saving a TD-somehow, ESPN called him the hero of the game)

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Also-even when he's a GOOD teammate, he still brings alot of baggage, why? B/c the overt-publicity from ESPN and their ilk will go on 24/7 about this...honestly-I felt the locker room became divided b/c of this as well b/c there were alot of our young guys(Felix, Barber, Choice, Austin, Crayton, Witten, Bennett, etc) who were busting their tails just as much, only for their work to get largely ignored from this Owens media onslaught...ultimately, they prolly got jealous. Throwing Pacman into the fire didn't help matters either.

I mean, really-when Hines Ward, for example, gets only 2 catches/20 yards in a win, but, most of his production was making monster blocks, how often do you see the national sports media pouring praises over him 24/7?(i.e. was eluding above to the Packers game in wk3 last year when Owens had few stats, but had some great blocking for Felix and our RBs, plus he bailed out Romo on one INT by saving a TD-somehow, ESPN called him the hero of the game)

This is an excellent point actually

steelpride12
03-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Well the one and only team who is going to take hum, the Oakland Raiders. Good luck in Oakland T.O.

SteelCurtain7
03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, kick me in the groin. :rolleyes:

This diva needs to drink a cold cup of shut the heck up and fade away.

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 07:18 PM
If he was on your team, just imagine guys like Casey, Troy, Lamar, Harrison, et al coming out on his side. That would be HUGE.

Do you really believe that the class players mentioned above would tolerate TO's attention-whor ism and charades? Big Snack would swallow him whole the first time he opened his yap and started his whining in the locker room, Woodley and Harrison would make a TO sammich out of him and Troy would bless him before he tore his head off and shit down the hole. Take it to the bank.

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 07:20 PM

In the 49ers' defense, it wasn't obvious that early what a train wreck Owens was going to be. I don't think the real problems started until Steve Young got hurt and they started losing. Before that, you'd just hear occasional quips like, "Oh, he's got a flamboyant personality, but he just likes to have fun" or "he gets frustrated, but that's probably just because he's such a competitor." At the time, nobody really made a big deal about it; he still seemed like he had some youthful energy and was trying to make a splash. Kind of like Ocho Stinko several years ago, when he was just clowning around instead of pissing off everyone on his own team.

But around 2000, 2001 or so .. yeah, at that point it was obvious he was a total assclown. It's pretty telling that since then, the only teams that want him are playoff-level teams who think he's the last missing piece who can get them a championship if they can just put up with him for a few years. Titans wouldn't surprise me. For some reason, neither would the Cardinals if they can't keep Boldin. Just trade one clubhouse cancer for another.

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Do you really believe that the class players mentioned above would tolerate TO's attention-whor ism and charades? Big Snack would swallow him whole the first time he opened his yap and started his whining in the locker room, Woodley and Harrison would make a TO sammich out of him and Troy would bless him before he tore his head off and shit down the hole. Take it to the bank.

Actually, I really do not think that TO would give anyone in Pitt a problem. He has stated multiple times how much respect he has for the organization and seems to get along with a lot of the players during Pro-bowls and other various activities. I've also heard that he's actually good friends with Hines Ward and Polamalu outside of the game and Tomlin isn't the kind of coach that I think TO would really knock heads with if they were in a tough situation.

steelwall
03-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Why?

TO's problems aren't with the fans or the actual organization. His problems throughout the year was with some of the coaching decisions and if you're a Cowboys fan who can blame him? It was their own fault that they failed to make the playoffs and TO tried to do everything he could to motivate them by getting them to play better and make better decisions. It wasn't like he came out and called them all p.o.s's and acted like the team was helpless.

Come on man please, TO is a nut job. He truely has issues. He points fingers, causes drama on and off the feild (ask Mcnabb) he's divided every locker room he's ever been in in the NFL. Stats and even winning is'nt everything.

One of the main reasons I'm so proud of our Steelers is because they love to play here. They want to play for the organization. Men here take cuts in salary just to stay here because they love the team and the organization. I'd hate to see someone like TO come in and take any of that away.

xfl2001fan
03-05-2009, 07:59 PM
You're on a Steelers forum Brown, don't forget that. :wink02:

:doh:A Steelers forum??? :yikes: Oh:fart: I would have never guessed that!

:coffee:

Fire Haley
03-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Even his leaving causes disension in the locker room...

Cowboys LB Greg Ellis was on SIRIUS NFL Radio today and addressed the release of his friend Terrell Owens.

"I think it takes more than one person to make it a bad locker room, if you will. And I say that because you've got to realize you're dealing with the NFL. You're not dealing with weak-hearted men. You're dealing with men that are used to coaches in their face cursing them out, saying a lot of bad things to them, a lot of language that you can't say on the radio. So you're used to that type of thing so I just don't buy into that any football player can verbally or really physically say one thing or do one thing to another football player to divide that football team.

"I just haven't bought into it when people were saying it when he was on this team, hadn't bought into it when he was on other teams saying that kind of stuff. I would say this about T.O."

"T.O. is the type of person who is going to say what's on his mind and if you really pay attention to it he's telling the truth. When you really break it down and analyze it he's telling the truth. Now when you look at him saying, 'I want to get the ball more,' to me I'm looking at it like he's like, 'I want to do more to help this team win.' I had a limited role this year myself so I definitely can relate to it. It's like, 'Man, I really feel like I know I can do more to help us win if given the opportunity to.' So he had a lot of frustrating times this year."

Ellis: "It could make us an instantaneously better football team. But do I think that that will happen? I really don't. And I could be wrong. I want it to happen. I'm still a part of the football team so I want it to be better but I just don't see it. He wasn't that big of a distraction to me in my opinion that warranted him to be released. Him being the excellent football player that helps us win outweighs any kind of distractions that he brought to the football team in my opinion."

Schein: "So with that all said are you disappointed in the move?"

Ellis: "Well, am I disappointed? I think Jerry made that move obviously to help us win more football games. So if that's his effort to help us win football games, I'm not disappointed in anybody's effort. So that's maybe Jerry's effort. But in my opinion am I disappointed? Do I think it was a good move? I don't think it was a good move. Yeah, to me I'm disappointed in it. When I see T.O. - and you've got to watch people, not necessarily what they say but watch their actions.

And, I mean, to me when I seen T.O. that day, that football game in Dallas, on our sideline, Patrick Crayton got the ball and T.O. comes out of nowhere and throws a block. That guy wants to play football. That guy cares and wants to win football games. When things aren't going his way and the ball isn't coming his way and all that kind of stuff, to me he was just saying, 'Man, I want to get more balls.' And I heard him say, 'When I get my numbers, when I get the numbers, we win football games.' And that was true."

NJarhead
03-05-2009, 08:15 PM
The cowboys finally did something right and Jerry Jones has a brain after all!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :chuckle:

steelerbuckeye
03-05-2009, 08:56 PM
Come on man please, TO is a nut job. He truely has issues. He points fingers, causes drama on and off the feild (ask Mcnabb) he's divided every locker room he's ever been in in the NFL. Stats and even winning is'nt everything.

One of the main reasons I'm so proud of our Steelers is because they love to play here. They want to play for the organization. Men here take cuts in salary just to stay here because they love the team and the organization. I'd hate to see someone like TO come in and take any of that away.

TO plays to win the game and so do the Steelers. Comparison between the two really isn't fair.

I still can't believe people continue to bring up the McNabb incident today. Like, it's 2009 can we get over that already?

Godfather
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :chuckle:

Shouldn't you update your sig? :tt03:

X-Terminator
03-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Jokeland, here he comes!

xfl2001fan
03-06-2009, 06:14 AM
TO plays to win the game and so do the Steelers. Comparison between the two really isn't fair.

I still can't believe people continue to bring up the McNabb incident today. Like, it's 2009 can we get over that already?

Really, cuz if I got back to Post #72...

The media has always been favorable of going after TO for every reason even if what he says is in a completely different context. It's unfortunate but that's just how it is.

TO can be this jackass all he wants because guess what? In a big game when everything is on the line, that's the jackass I wanna throw the deep ball to. Afterward, he can say whatever he feels the need to say. He's earned that right as a top-tier future Hall of Famer and he's certainly exempt to that "put up or shut up" rule and he's proven it.

Example

McNabb in Super Bowl: *puke puke puke* Wahhhh I'm tired!

TO: Hey bro, suck a big one! I'm playing on a broken leg over here!

So how disbelieving can it be when it's from your own mouth? It's 2009, can you get over that already?

Actually, people bring up McNabb because it is relevant when discussing TO. It's a part of a systemic history with him.

He blew up the locker room in SF and hammered Playboy Garcia.
He blew up the locker room in PHI and hammered McNabb
And wouldn't you know it, his third team (the Cowpokes) are divided over this whole thing and there were issues between TO and Homo. To this point, how he's handled Dallas is better, but how he acts is still a crock of $hit and I wouldn't want him on my team.

I believe someone made a comment how defensive players tend to stick up for him. That's because TO knows those guys will hit him if he crosses them. What QB will grab him by the scruff of his neck when he acts the fool? I don't think there's a QB in the league with the right combination of size and attitude to do it.

BrandonCarr39
03-06-2009, 06:37 AM
Really, cuz if I got back to Post #72...

So how disbelieving can it be when it's from your own mouth? It's 2009, can you get over that already?

Actually, people bring up McNabb because it is relevant when discussing TO. It's a part of a systemic history with him.

He blew up the locker room in SF and hammered Playboy Garcia.
He blew up the locker room in PHI and hammered McNabb
And wouldn't you know it, his third team (the Cowpokes) are divided over this whole thing and there were issues between TO and Homo. To this point, how he's handled Dallas is better, but how he acts is still a crock of $hit and I wouldn't want him on my team.

I believe someone made a comment how defensive players tend to stick up for him. That's because TO knows those guys will hit him if he crosses them. What QB will grab him by the scruff of his neck when he acts the fool? I don't think there's a QB in the league with the right combination of size and attitude to do it.

That's b/c when these teams prepare for games et al, the offensive and defensive units are pretty much separated. Quite simply-b/c the defensive unit is off somewhere else, they never get a chance to see TO's antics, while the offensive unit is watching it in full force.

Even Sam Hurd(one of our other receivers) is all but relieved that Owens is gone b/c he feels it'll open up more opportunities for everyone else. That was too bad b/c in '06 and '07 when Owens was pretty much a model citizen, he mentored Hurd quite a bit in becoming a better route runner et al.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 07:54 AM
I think, if any team could handle and take on T.O. it is the Steelers. The Cowboys did give TO a 2nd chance at football after what happened in Philly, but they are a very weak organization. Pacman? Talk about weak.

Think about it, he's sitting at home, right now, thinking "wtf am I going to do? The Radiers? Fck! The Lions? Double FCK!"

then the phone rings. "Hello Terrell, this is Mr. Rooney....how would you like a Second chance at Life?"

Instantly Humbled.

HometownGal
03-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Actually, I really do not think that TO would give anyone in Pitt a problem. He has stated multiple times how much respect he has for the organization and seems to get along with a lot of the players during Pro-bowls and other various activities. I've also heard that he's actually good friends with Hines Ward and Polamalu outside of the game and Tomlin isn't the kind of coach that I think TO would really knock heads with if they were in a tough situation.

We'll have to agree to disagree here. TO gets along with everyone he plays with in the Pro Bowl because it is a one and done event. Being "good friends" with someone off the field who isn't a teammate is quite different than experiencing that "friend" day in and day out in practices, classroom theory and on the field during a game. Face it - TO is not a team player, never has been and never will be - it's all about HIM, Him and him and the rest of the team be damned if he doesn't get his way. He's a festering boil just waiting to be popped.

4xSBChamps
03-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I think, if any team could handle and take on T.O. it is the Steelers. The Cowboys did give TO a 2nd chance at football after what happened in Philly, but they are a very weak organization. Pacman? Talk about weak.

Think about it, he's sitting at home, right now, thinking "wtf am I going to do? The Radiers? Fck! The Lions? Double FCK!"

then the phone rings. "Hello Terrell, this is Mr. Rooney....how would you like a Second chance at Life?"

Instantly Humbled.

you've gotta be kiddin' me..... it would take months of heavy-sedation, then a head-transplant, to humble that ass-hat:
Ownself's ego would leave a hole the size of the Grand Canyon

ya cain't polish a turd

fansince'76
03-06-2009, 09:01 AM

Instantly Humbled.

One of the reasons the Steelers are such a strong organization to begin with is that they don't suffer fools like T.O., regardless of how talented they are. That's a phone call that will NEVER happen, and I'm glad it won't.

revefsreleets
03-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Winning?

That's right, I forgot, that's all you care about. Most likely the reason you are a Steelers fan in the first place.

Last time I checked they were doing just fine winning without lowering themselves. How many Super Bowl victories do they have again??? How many playoff games did the Cowboys win with TO again?

Winning without class is cheap. You don't always need the BEST players, you need the RIGHT players.

Probably why you hate Tressel, too. Guys like him and JoePa exude class, and they win without compromising their integrity.

TO is a low-rent asshat, he stands for all that's wrong with professional sports. He's like the fatass that eats 16 Big Mac's a day then sues McD's over it. He's trash.

4xSBChamps
03-06-2009, 09:48 AM
TO is a low-rent asshat, he stands for all that's wrong with professional sports. He's like the fatass that eats 16 Big Mac's a day.....

"..... dat's mah Kwater-Poundah.....

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

..... you talkin'-'bout....."

revefsreleets
03-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Say it with me now....

"T.O......NO! T.O.....NO! T.O....NO!"

lilyoder6
03-06-2009, 10:42 AM
t.o is still a productive wr.. and there should be a few teams that will sign him...

and honestly bout the steeler idea.. lets talk bout in a what if.. prob won't happen but

like said b4 bout him having no good teams wanting him and the steelers came calling... the steelers would put a clause in the contract to where he could lose most of his money if he blows up.. which he prob wouldn't b/c when the team is winning u rly don't hear anything bad from him

Steelman16
03-06-2009, 10:53 AM
"..... dat's mah Kwater-Poundah.....

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/terrell_owens_crying.jpg

..... you talkin'-'bout....."

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 12:10 PM
One of the reasons the Steelers are such a strong organization to begin with is that they don't suffer fools like T.O., regardless of how talented they are. That's a phone call that will NEVER happen, and I'm glad it won't.

Yeah I know, I'm just having fun with it. Taking the "other side"

I am still hoping for Holt out of St Louis to come in and push Sweed for that 3rd spot.

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Jokeland, here he comes!

I don't see him going to a losing team. He seems to keep his yapping to a dull rumble when his team is winning (which usually means he's getting good individual numbers too), but when the team is having a bad year, that's when he throws his tantrums and bitches about not getting the ball and calls the quarterback a homo or a wimp or a sneak.

I guess it's kind of like what the other premier WR diva Randy Moss does ... Owens pisses everyone off by running his mouth when he's losing, Moss just gives up and half-asses it for two thirds of the season. Guess everyone has their own way of handling things.

4xSBChamps
03-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I love those grey facemaks and block numbers.

:thumbsup:

+ tax..... the block-style numbers look better than these 'scribbled-on' numerals, and the Grey facemasks are real 'old-school'.

NJarhead
03-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Shouldn't you update your sig? :tt03:

I'm waiting for my sig creator to get his PC back up to speed.

NJarhead
03-06-2009, 12:44 PM

WRONG!!! T.O. Plays for T.O. Make no mistake about it.

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 01:55 PM
t.o is still a productive wr.. and there should be a few teams that will sign him...

and honestly bout the steeler idea.. lets talk bout in a what if.. prob won't happen but

like said b4 bout him having no good teams wanting him and the steelers came calling... the steelers would put a clause in the contract to where he could lose most of his money if he blows up.. which he prob wouldn't b/c when the team is winning u rly don't hear anything bad from him

The other thing is I bet that he would be willing to play for Pitt with less money. He has stated before that he respects the organization and that he wants to go somewhere that is championship calibur and has an elite QB. Ben has always talked about getting a bigger more-productive WR ever since Plax left. While I don't think it would be Pitt's first need, I think that TO would actually get along with everyone and knows that there he has a very good chance of finally getting the ring he's been working for his entire career.

The reason I don't see it happening is because the Rooneys aren't known for making huge off-season moves aside from addressing maybe 2 needs here and there. The pick-up of Hartwig was a good move last year but other than that they really haven't done a lot of huge blockbuster pick-ups that have just stunned everyone and let's be honest: they've proven that they can win without doing that and that's what makes them one of the most respected organizations in the NFL.

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 01:58 PM
WRONG!!! T.O. Plays for T.O. Make no mistake about it.

If that's the truth then why is he the 2nd most feared blocking WR in the NFL? Last time I checked, "selfish" WR's don't block for QB's.

4xSBChamps
03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
The other thing is I bet that he would be willing to play for Pitt with less money.

..... it ain't about how-much Turdell wants you to pay him to bring his walking-infection into town:
he's probably worn-out his welcome in 80% of the NFL dressing-rooms at any-price, 'em Stillers included.

ESPN reported that the Cryboys would've paid him $8 million to play in '09, but to cut him as they did, he cost them $9 million, an additional million bucks to send him packing;
if that mental-midget that is Jerry Jones can figure-out that it's worth an additional $1 million to keep Ownself away from his team, it makes-sense to think the Rooneys, infinitely-smarter than Jerry Jones, have figured it out, too?

It's doubtful 'em Stillers would pick-up the phone if Turdell would play for-free, and with nothing counting against the salary-cap:
even Jerry Jones figured-out 'addition-through-subtraction'

:wink02:

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 02:12 PM
You know you can get your point across without typing in a giant font size right?

4xSBChamps
03-06-2009, 02:39 PM
You know you can get your point across without typing in a giant font size right?
..... well, let's see.....

Actually, I really do not think that TO would give anyone in Pitt a problem.....

.... I think that TO would actually get along with everyone.....

Team Obliterator eh?

The bottom line is that TO is on another level when it comes to actual performance and teams need to stop getting strung-out on this idea that he's going to poison a team if he performs at TO level.

..... it seems it ain't got through to 'some' members on this forum:
you keep dishing-up that T.O. Kool-Aid to anybody gullible-enough to slurp it, and I'll keep posting in this font, fair-enough?
:drink:

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Whatever makes you feel important

HometownGal
03-06-2009, 02:57 PM
Whatever makes you feel important

If we don't have a problem with his font size, why should you? :noidea:

Y'know it's a crying shame that this thread is now 14 pages long - arguing over a douchebag who isn't even in the NFL at this time, while some of the really great threads posted in the Steelers forum that mesa and others have taken the time to find and post, don't have half that many responses. :shake01:

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 02:59 PM
Which goes to prove a point

TO=ratings! The only thing he's missing is an NWO shirt.

HometownGal
03-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Which goes to prove a point

TO=ratings! The only thing he's missing is an NWO shirt.

TO = pompous, arrogant douchebag. That point has been proven over and over and over again.

The only thing he's missing is a big fat fist permanently implanted in his big mouth.

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 04:18 PM
He'd bobble and weave until he landed a big right hook. Then he would taunt them in ways that would make a network drop the NFL.

TO rules.

lilyoder6
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
If we don't have a problem with his font size, why should you? :noidea:

actually it does get a lil annoying sometimes.. but it's not something to bitch about

and going back to the statement bout the steelers saying no 2 a free T.O
thats y ur just a fan and not a gm... if u can get a very productive wr for free at that... u would...

realize.. when the boys were winning like the 13-3 yr.. u did not hear anything from t.o
when they were winning b4 romo got hurt, he didn't say anything..

how much u bet if the steelers went on a epic losing streak players would speak up..

oh wait.. didn't willie parker speak up bout not running the ball that much???
or ben speaking up bout not having a tall wr???

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 05:33 PM
actually it does get a lil annoying sometimes.. but it's not something to bitch about

ikno srsly.. be'n mad at ppl about caps is like be'n mad at ppl b/c of typ'n funny.

its like y ru mad??? that just makes u a b/hole & i bet no girls feel like mak'n out w/ u.

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
TEH INTREW3BS IS SIRIUZ BIDNESSS11!111!OMFFGGGGSSGGS1!!!!1111

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:45 PM
TEH INTREW3BS IS SIRIUZ BIDNESSS11!111!OMFFGGGGSSGGS1!!!!1111

Um, yeah...He's be a good #3 receiver for the Steelers anyway...

:popcorn:

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 05:48 PM
He can practice end zone taunts, Hines can break peoples jaws and Holmes can keep smoking that ganja and reproducing.

I'd love it!

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:55 PM
This Mother EFFER Stole basically every single line I used in this Forum for his report....

I'm so pissssssed

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/135065-why-the-steelers-should-take-to

read this guys "report" then read my posts from pages 5-6 of this thread.

Holy Crap what a Freaking Crock of theivery!

steelerbuckeye
03-06-2009, 06:04 PM
DO EETTTT!!!

Sue his ass B!!!

HometownGal
03-06-2009, 06:54 PM
hyuk, hyuk, hyuk.

http://www.ventriloquistcentral.com/ventriloquism-tribute/ventriloquist-figure-makers/curtis.jpg

tony hipchest
03-06-2009, 07:10 PM
ikno srsly.. be'n mad at ppl about caps is like be'n mad at ppl b/c of typ'n funny.

its like y ru mad??? that just makes u a b/hole & i bet no girls feel like mak'n out w/ u.

:toofunny: 4 rl tho!

silver & black
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM

Shhhhh...... Al will hear you! :shake01:

silver & black
03-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I wouldn't mind having TO on the 1970s Steelers. I would love to see what Lambert and Mean Joe and Mel Blount would have done to him the first time he ran his mouth.Here's a hilarious Wiki page for TO. I wish I could take credit for it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Terrell_Owens&oldid=257968033

Same goes for the 70's Raiders. Art Shell, Jack Tatum, Gene Upshaw, Ben Davidson.... I'm sure TO wouldn't have been too much of a distraction...:sofunny:

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 01:23 AM
Wow-just about EVERY NFL team MB I've been to the last couple of days have had intensive "Should we sign TO?" debates. Even some Pats and Bucs fans want him, and some EAGLES fans want him back, believe it or not!

As for our end-Jason Garrett has NO excuses this year. Roy E. Williams will have had his first full camp with the team, hence learning the playbook in full. Assuming our speedster Miles Austin gets the #2 position, Patrick Crayton can return to where he's comfortable the most(the slot). Isaiah Stanbach is in year 3. And most of all-he has a trio-headed monster of Felix/Barber/Choice.

Garrett was the one who LOBBIED Jethro to cut TO...so he better use his plentiful of time given to him this offseason wisely to map out a playbook utilizing all this talent, now that he doesn't have "The Cancer" yelling in his ear anymore.

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 01:39 AM
I think I may have mentioned this earlier-but TO divides his respective fanbase a good one to boot. 1/3 are his staunchest supporters to death, 1/3 see his true colors, while the other 1/3 just stick their heads in the sand hoping it's nothing but an illusion.(I'll admit I was in the latter category) Not to mention too the supporters and the head-in-the-sanders will dig up ANYTHING to prove Owens is a good guy(i.e. showing videos of Jerry Rice and Plaxico Burress mouthing off at their coaches, saying how ESPN spinned and lied about all the TO stories b/c they're BSPN, etc).

BTW-one of the fans on the CMB got *banned* b/c he MERELY showed his *passion* for Owens.

Texasteel
03-07-2009, 07:05 AM
Good point Newman, I work with one of all three.

Wouldn't you say that he wore out his welcome here with most the sports writers about a year ago? Except for Galloway, who hated him from the start.

stillers4me
03-07-2009, 08:15 AM
I got this in my email google alerts....thought it was funny and appropiate..........
---------------------------

OK, before I have to go have my head checked, hear me out.

There is a long list of reasons why not to sign TO to the Steelers. First off, he is a head case. That is nothing new.

Mike Tomlin is the kind of coach, that if you were to yell at him, he may just punch you in the head. If any coach in the NFL can handle the likes of T.O., I would say that Tomlin could.

He always complains about not getting the ball enough. What receiver in the NFL doesn't? With players like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, to have T.O. on the field with those two, would be as good as being in a four-receiver set.

Owens is a head case and a locker-room divider. Can you imagine the conversation if Owens were to start complaining in the Media. Owens would be standing by his locker when he is visited by James Harrison, LaMar Woodley, Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior. How do you think that conversation would go?

Owens has one goal that he wants more than anything. He wants a ring. Remember Owens first year in Philly? There were no problems. Philly was in hopes of winning a Super Bowl.

How about that first year in Dallas? Again, no problems.

Owens loses his mind when he knows his team is not doing what they need to do to be successful. That will NEVER happen in Pittsburgh.

I really believe, and I know it will never happen, if Owens were to come to Pittsburgh for ONE YEAR, he would get his ring, and the Steelers would easily repeat.

This article would be much longer, but I just got a call from Zander. I have to go take a drug test.

4xSBChamps
03-07-2009, 08:26 AM
^^^^^ Signorelli musta played hockey before the mandatory helmet-rule ^^^^^

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Good point Newman, I work with one of all three.

Wouldn't you say that he wore out his welcome here with most the sports writers about a year ago? Except for Galloway, who hated him from the start.

I'm not sure if any of the sportswriters here liked him from the start. I remember the Engels(Jennifer Floyd, in particular) being outraged the day of the signing 3 years ago. Tim Cowlishaw correctly predicted that Parcells would step down a year later b/c of this. Jean-Jacques Taylor was never a fan of him either.

As for those that are saying he's a good guy in year 1...that's NOT ENTIRELY true. For the most part, yes, however-there will be its share of cracks. In our 2007 13-3 year, for example, he was seen slamming down his helmet and barking at Jason Garrett after Romo threw his upteenth INT in that Mon Night Buffalo game(fortunately, it was difused quickly after Garrett patted him him on chest, AND we won the game at the end, so no harm overall). In the Lions game later that year where he only had some 2 catches b/c Jason Witten was the star, he was seen walking off the field with an upset look...and this despite WINNING the game. Then the week after against the Eagles, despite having the dropsies and running bad routes, he took no accountability for his performance in his post-game presser.

Yes-he was overall good(I would rate his behavior a B+ that year), however...being 13-3 had alot to do with it, plus his current contract was running out and playing to renew it AND any cracks he had was pretty much largely ignored b/c of all the success this team was having.

HughC
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
As for those that are saying he's a good guy in year 1...that's NOT ENTIRELY true. For the most part, yes, however-there will be its share of cracks. In our 2007 13-3 year, for example, he was seen slamming down his helmet and barking at Jason Garrett after Romo threw his upteenth INT in that Mon Night Buffalo game(fortunately, it was difused quickly after Garrett patted him him on chest, AND we won the game at the end, so no harm overall). In the Lions game later that year where he only had some 2 catches b/c Jason Witten was the star, he was seen walking off the field with an upset look...and this despite WINNING the game. Then the week after against the Eagles, despite having the dropsies and running bad routes, he took no accountability for his performance in his post-game presser.

Yes-he was overall good(I would rate his behavior a B+ that year), however...being 13-3 had alot to do with it, plus his current contract was running out and playing to renew it AND any cracks he had was pretty much largely ignored b/c of all the success this team was having.
Now we're getting somewhere.

First, it's pretty easy to not be a distraction when you're not only winning, but going 13-3. Second, that contract year does seem to bring out the best behaviour in many a player, doesn't it? Hats off to Buffalo for standing their ground and only giving him a one year contract - though all they probably had to do was feed his ego by telling him how much he'll make next year, in an uncapped season.

The real test will come when Buffalo loses a couple of games, a pass or two gets underthrown or overthrown, or Lee Evans gets one more pass thrown to him in a game than Owens gets. As mentioned above, I don't think Buffalo has enough veteran leadership in the locker room (e,g., Woodley, Harrison, Farrior, etc.) to stand up to him and put him in his place when he starts his "we're not winning because I'm not getting the ball enough" routine.

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 09:19 PM
Now we're getting somewhere.

First, it's pretty easy to not be a distraction when you're not only winning, but going 13-3. Second, that contract year does seem to bring out the best behaviour in many a player, doesn't it? Hats off to Buffalo for standing their ground and only giving him a one year contract - though all they probably had to do was feed his ego by telling him how much he'll make next year, in an uncapped season.

The real test will come when Buffalo loses a couple of games, a pass or two gets underthrown or overthrown, or Lee Evans gets one more pass thrown to him in a game than Owens gets. As mentioned above, I don't think Buffalo has enough veteran leadership in the locker room (e,g., Woodley, Harrison, Farrior, etc.) to stand up to him and put him in his place when he starts his "we're not winning because I'm not getting the ball enough" routine.

Well-FWIW, even Trotter/Dawkins couldn't handle him in Philly. Come to think of it, Trotter was one of TO's BEST FRIENDS on that team. Like I eluded to earlier, TO's closest friends on his respective teams seem to be the defensive players, largely b/c they're not with him during game film time, practice, et al, so they don't know his antics.

BTW-more downside for Buffalo is that TO takes it VERY personally when he plays a Randy Moss team...now, he has to face him 2 X's this year. Last time he met Moss was 2 years ago at TX Stadium...he created a media frenzy with that "The Original #81/Getcha Popcorn Ready" comment which all but gave the Pats BB material. Result? Owens stunk it up, while the Pats ran up some 48 pts.

lilyoder6
03-07-2009, 09:34 PM
well it looks like t.o signed a 1 yr deal with the bills

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 08:37 PM
I got this in my email google alerts....thought it was funny and appropiate..........
---------------------------

OK, before I have to go have my head checked, hear me out.

There is a long list of reasons why not to sign TO to the Steelers. First off, he is a head case. That is nothing new.

Mike Tomlin is the kind of coach, that if you were to yell at him, he may just punch you in the head. If any coach in the NFL can handle the likes of T.O., I would say that Tomlin could.

He always complains about not getting the ball enough. What receiver in the NFL doesn't? With players like Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes, to have T.O. on the field with those two, would be as good as being in a four-receiver set.

Owens is a head case and a locker-room divider. Can you imagine the conversation if Owens were to start complaining in the Media. Owens would be standing by his locker when he is visited by James Harrison, LaMar Woodley, Lawrence Timmons and James Farrior. How do you think that conversation would go?

Owens has one goal that he wants more than anything. He wants a ring. Remember Owens first year in Philly? There were no problems. Philly was in hopes of winning a Super Bowl.

How about that first year in Dallas? Again, no problems.

Owens loses his mind when he knows his team is not doing what they need to do to be successful. That will NEVER happen in Pittsburgh.

I really believe, and I know it will never happen, if Owens were to come to Pittsburgh for ONE YEAR, he would get his ring, and the Steelers would easily repeat.

This article would be much longer, but I just got a call from Zander. I have to go take a drug test.

Yeah, That's the MF'er WHO STOLE MY POSTS Off this board and used them to fill in his little cute online article! I'm going to find that scumbag and kick him right in the sack!!!

Steelman16
03-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, That's the MF'er WHO STOLE MY POSTS Off this board and used them to fill in his little cute online article! I'm going to find that scumbag and kick him right in the sack!!!