PDA

View Full Version : Faneca

steelerchad
03-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Wonder how Alan felt watching the Steelers win #6 the very same year he decided to leave. I know he has a ring from 05 and a nice big new contract, but it had to hurt a little knowing he could have been a part of it, instead of his team folding like a cheap suit down the stretch and missing the playoffs.

I'm sure he still has plenty of friends on the team and is kinda happy for them. But my guess is, it was killing him watching them win it all without him. It's a little bit of a slap in the face. Like we didn't do it with you in 07 and you leave and we get it done without you.

It's probably like watching your ex tradeup to a younger guy with more money, or your old company having explosive growth after you just left them and they replaced you with some guy that takes their business to the next level.

It kind of makes me happy that he may have been miserable this playoff season.

CPanther95
03-05-2009, 03:57 PM
More like watching your ex tradeup to a younger guy a year after you married a billionaire's daughter.

Don't think he was crying too much.

devilsdancefloor
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
when he left i felt he was just looking for a payday nothing more nothing less. Basically i think he doesnt give a rats rear.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 04:03 PM
He got his money. Eff him.

NEPAsteeler
03-05-2009, 04:30 PM
He got his money. That's all he cared about. End of story.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-05-2009, 04:54 PM
He got his money, that's all he wanted. He got his ring in 2005 and all he wanted was one more big payday.

If he get s a ring with the Jets before his caeer is up, he'll look at it as a nice extra.

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 04:55 PM
He already got his one Super Bowl, which is plenty for a lot of guys. And he got his money. My guess is he doesn't give a shit.

scsteeler
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I think Alan wanted the Steelers to lose and show that they made a bad decision on making Tomlin the Head Coach. Faneca had talent but for a while there he spent too much time running his mouth about what he wanted instead of being a team player.

Alan did not want Big Ben as the QB and he did not want Tomlin as head coach. Good thing the Rooney's did not put too much stock in what Faneca wanted.

My thoughts on Alan he got more money and should be happy about that but as a player he must be a little pissed seeing the team he wanted to leave because they did not Hire Russ Grim win the Superbowl.

If Grim wanted him so bad why did they not pick him up in Arizona when he left? I hope Alan is happy he gave us some great O-line play but just like any other guy on the team that does not want to play team ball I say get the Heck out of Steel City and cause confusion somewhere else.

BlastFurnace
03-05-2009, 05:38 PM
He already got his one Super Bowl, which is plenty for a lot of guys. And he got his money. My guess is he doesn't give a shit.

Exactly

Fire Haley
03-05-2009, 06:34 PM
Why are we picking on Faneca?

Sean Morey went to Arizona and got to watch their SB loss first-hand, him and his whiny coaches, that should sting more.

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Who gives a hoot? He wanted his big paycheck, he got it, his former teammates are going to have shiny new SB XLIII rings very soon and it sucks to be him. Period.

Texasteel
03-05-2009, 07:32 PM
He got his money. Eff him.

Well said. He made his choice, if he is happy with it or not, I just don't care.

iceman000123
03-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Majority says: Eff him, He probably doesnt even care Good riddance :wave:

steelreserve
03-05-2009, 07:59 PM

Sean Morey went to Arizona and got to watch their SB loss first-hand, him and his whiny coaches, that should sting more.

It probably did suck more for him. He didn't get all that money!

And also I doubt anyone really wishes him ill, since as far as I know he didn't bitch and moan about the team being cheap, or about actually having to play out the final year of his contract, like some people I've heard of.

FredScott
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Yea now days most players care less about winning championships then they do about gettign paid so I'm sure he didn't really care to much either way. Seems liek every year people leave us just so they can get paid but we still manage to stay competitive every year.

Stlrs4Life
03-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Like said, he got his money, but he didn't have a very good yer anyways.

fansince'76
03-05-2009, 09:32 PM

Because of the WAY he left, not the why. I can understand a player leaving for more money, and I don't begrudge any player for doing so. But Faneca's gigantic whinefest was a huge turn off to a lot of people. If he would have kept his big yap shut and just played out his contract instead of bitching about how the Rooneys were paying him "slave wages" and how he didn't like the Tomlin hire, etc., etc., then I'd personally have no problem with him now.

Preacher
03-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Because of the WAY he left, not the why. I can understand a player leaving for more money, and I don't begrudge any player for doing so. But Faneca's gigantic whinefest was a huge turn off to a lot of people. If he would have kept his big yap shut and just played out his contract instead of bitching about how the Rooneys were paying him "slave wages" and how he didn't like the Tomlin hire, etc., etc., then I'd personally have no problem with him now.

Ding Ding Ding.

Heck, had he come out and said, "I am a creature of habit, and the change in coaches was something I just don't deal with well. . ." I would have been fine with it.

But he came across as mad that the ownership didn't kowtow to the players whims about the coach. Guess he learned the ownership doesn't do that in regards to salary either.

Godfather
03-05-2009, 09:56 PM
I doubt he's upset. That fat contract was his last chance to cash in.

He already had a ring so there was no reason for him to take less to join a better team. If I played for anyone other than the Steelers, and I already had a ring, I'd go to the highest bidder at that point in my career. And Faneca is probably a Saints or Cowboys fan so there's nothing special about the Steelers for him.

steelballs
03-06-2009, 07:39 AM
I'm sure Alan could care less...but he could always call Plaxico if he needs a shoulder to cry on.

Morgan
03-06-2009, 08:11 AM
I think if he'd stayed a Steeler, the 2nd ring would have been a near HOF lock for him. But now, he's far more in doubt. Of course that's 20/20 hindsight.

Rick5895
03-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Faneca is a great player and was great for the Steelers. I don't begrudge him for going for the money, he is ust about done so he gets a big pay day he wouldn't get with the Steelers.
But can the HOF talk, if Dermonti can't get in there is no way in hell Faneca gets in, he's not even close to Dawson!! IMO

MJ5150
03-07-2009, 02:01 AM
I was just thinking about this today. I wanted to come over here and start a thread about it.

I know I was one of the people all upset about him leaving and how our team was going to fall apart once the best LG in NFL history left us. Once again, the Steelers FO prove me wrong. We can continue to rack up SB trophies even when our big stars walk away for more money.

I agree, he probably doesn't really care since he got his money. But I bet part of him went "schucks, I shoulda stayed" when Santonio came down with that ball.

-Mike