PDA

View Full Version : Signing TO a bad thing?

BehindSteelCurtain
03-05-2009, 09:25 PM
There is list that shows the teams that have already stated that they are not interested in T.O. There is probably about 16 teams on the list so far and the Steelers arent one of them.

I am in no way saying that I want him on the Steelers but it wouldnt bug me. He is a excellent and very talented WR and i think it's safe to say that he is close to retirement and he still wants his ring. Any better place to go than the team that has won the most? Like I heard on another thread, the Steelers have established leaders and we have a vocal HC unlike Wade Phillips and Andy Reid. Tomlin isnt afraid to "suspend" any player.

Let's face it. Our team is full of leaders. Farrior, Hampton, Polamalu, Ward, Harrison, Ben and Tomlin and many more. If the Steelers signed him to a 1 year deal or something, I'd be curious to see what will happen. Steelers won't let him talk sh*t. Lets say he does, and I bet if he complains about not getting the ball.....GONE! He will be cut and released. If the Steelers do get interested in him in the next couple weeks I am sure that they will make it clear that he has to keep his mouth shut or he's gone.

I doubt the Steelers will sign him becuase we have Ward and Holmes but I am hearing everone saying how we shouldn't sign him and I wanted to give some reasons why the steelers would sign him.

Crushzilla
03-05-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/05/the-anti-to-list/

The Dallas Cowboys. (Duh.)

The New York Giants.

The Washington Redskins.

The Baltimore Ravens.

The San Francisco 49ers.

The Minnesota Vikings.

The Atlanta Falcons.

The Cleveland Browns.

The San Diego Chargers.

The Philadelphia Eagles.

The New York Jets.

The Tennessee Titans.

The St. Louis Rams.

The New Orleans Saints.

Here are the teams that likely will join the list soon:

The Miami Dolphins.

I'm surprised we're even entertaining T.O. in Black and Gold.

There is absolutely no precedent that would suggest that this is even possible.

T.O.'s character isn't the only issue here.

Signing a free agent that big would be salary cap suicide.

If we were going to drop a boatload of cash on a free agent, we would have done it on day one to fill an actual need.

BlastFurnace
03-05-2009, 10:05 PM
If the Steelers did this, I would personally find Rooney's hamper and do a major Najeh in it.

No way, no how. I don't hardly ever say never, but in this case of T.O. it applies.

HometownGal
03-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Seriously folks - how the hell many TO threads are we going to have around here???? :banging::doh:

devilsdancefloor
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
If the Steelers did this, I would personally find Rooney's hamper and do a major Najeh in it. No way, no how. I don't hardly ever say never, but in this case of T.O. it applies.

there will be a line! If we sign anyone to a big deal it better be deebo

MACH1
03-05-2009, 10:14 PM
Seriously folks - how the hell many TO threads are we going to have around here???? :banging::doh:

HaHa....:wink02:

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/forums/images/smilies/chalk.gif

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-05-2009, 10:16 PM
People He Aint COming To this team get it through yall heads!

HughC
03-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Just say no to TO

T&B fan
03-05-2009, 10:33 PM

just like ESPN talk about the squeeky wheel . and T O got a lot of squeek ..
on where he gos .. home to make cookies .. I hope .
the Pats like the Randy Moss and T O show ..

Steeldude
03-05-2009, 10:34 PM
owens was targeted 140 times and came away with 69 catches. he whined about not getting passed to enough.

that means the steelers will have to increase that number to keep him happy.

I am in no way saying that I want him on the Steelers but it wouldnt bug me. He is a excellent and very talented WR and i think it's safe to say that he is close to retirement and he still wants his ring

why wouldn't it bug you to have a cancer on the team? owens is one of the most overrated WRs in the game.

I am hearing everone saying how we shouldn't sign him and I wanted to give some reasons why the steelers would sign him

he's old, whines constantly, the steelers will have to babysit him every single game, you will have to take a lot of passes away from ward and holmes, he will cause dissention in the locker room, he has poor hands, he will cost too much...and so on...

Nighthawk
03-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Sorry, I don't think he's overrated or we'd have to babysit him on the Steelers. He'd either go with the program or find a nice seat on the bench. I bet he'd go with the program.

Do I care if he comes here? No
Do I think he would be a 'cancer' to OUR locker room? No
Do I think he'll end up here? No, probably not. Not our style to grab old FA's.

iceman000123
03-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry, I don't think he's overrated or we'd have to babysit him on the Steelers. He'd either go with the program or find a nice seat on the bench. I bet he'd go with the program.

Do I care if he comes here? No
Do I think he'll end up here? No, probably not. Not our style to grab old FA's.

I'm interested to see where he goes (If anywhere) and I do agree that he wouldn't be a cancer to our locker room mainly because with the leaders we have and the way its run in our locker room he won't be able to become one. Even with that said I do not want to see T.O. even think about signing with us and I highly doubt that he will end up here. Curious to see how this T.O. thing plays out though :popcorn:

XxKnightxX
03-05-2009, 11:05 PM
give him a contract with a gag order. No talk or no media interviews and the guy can worry about his play

X-Terminator
03-05-2009, 11:13 PM
This question is even being asked? Do you not realize who owns the team?

The Rooneys do not sign problem children like T-Ho. They get rid of them.

Big7BenHOF
03-05-2009, 11:14 PM

I was actually expecting a lot more.

CPanther95
03-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Yes.

BrandonCarr39
03-06-2009, 12:22 AM
I dont think they're actually entertaining the idea of him on our team. I read a similar article on yahoo.com, and it clearly said the list was a list of teams that have made it known that they have no interest in T.O. The Steelers didnt "make it known." I think thats all. Lol, i mean a team that scrutinizes attitude and character as much as the Steelers would NEVER let a whining cry baby like T.O get within a football field of our Front Office :chuckle:

LOL - every NFL team MB today I've been to has entertained the idea to infinity about signing TO. Yes-that includes the Pats AND Eagles.(even someone in the latter's board made the case how both McNabb and TO kissed and made up already)

BTW-it isn't so much TO's character, his skills are OVERRATED...he's nothing more than a 1 trick pony. He can use his size and speed to beat defenders, but THAT'S IT. Even Plaxico Burress skills' are better(i.e. his height and ability to run the fade route).

BTW-the Pats need DBs and younger LBs, or else they won't even be in Miami next year.

Steeldude
03-06-2009, 01:50 AM
I bet he'd go with the program

you obviously don't know anything about owens.

Not our style to grab old FA's.

you mean it's generally not the steelers style to grab troublemakers. as for old free agents... roye, kirschke, willie williams, batch, graham, kevin greene, john l. williams, newberry, myslinski, rossum, norm johnson...?

billybob
03-06-2009, 02:51 AM
Well to start ,from the start ,T.O. has been a productive player.
However he has not proven to be a productive family stand-out.
Our team requires , that you must function as a team to strive for that
exact same goal.
He would never be able to share a spotlight with mr. ward.
If he could , that would shed a whole new light on the situation.
One positive thing is , that he never met Mr. Mike yet.
At least not on "his team".
I think that the money spent on him would only hinder our quest for yet another Championship.
We have done everything in this world to be the best!!!!!!!!!!
So far we have proven that we are. Why change now?

OneForTheToe
03-06-2009, 03:39 AM
Forgetting for the moment TO being TO, even if he had a stellar reputation, the Steelers aren't going tp pay big free agent bucks to a 36 year old WR.

Galax Steeler
03-06-2009, 04:46 AM
I don't think we have to worry about him he will not be a Steeler.

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2009, 06:38 AM
why is this even being discussed ??? :jerkit:

stillers4me
03-06-2009, 06:44 AM
The Steelers weren't included on that list because that was a list of teams that are stupid enough to even be asked the question of whether they would be interested in TO.

Even Hines Ward can't fix TO.

Vincent
03-06-2009, 06:47 AM
"I donít know of too many teams in the league that can say they have two Super Bowl MVPs as starting wideouts on their team." Hines Ward - 2009

This team is about chemistry as much as anything else. These guys on both sides of the ball love each other and play hard for each other. If there are egos, they don't surface and cause problems.

Under the very best of circumstances, TO would disrupt this. And with 2 SB MVPs as wideouts, why would we expose this team to TO's BS?

Yeah, I'd like to see TO in Pittsburgh.... being asked if he knows who he is after Clark planted him.

http://www.blogcdn.com/nfl.fanhouse.com/media/2009/01/ryan-clark-012609-pit.jpg http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200812/ryanclark1204_500.jpg

stlrtruck
03-06-2009, 08:01 AM
If we were going to drop a boatload of cash on a free agent, we would have done it on day one to fill an actual need.

You mean like Harrison (although he's not a FA yet)!!!

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Does TO Drop the ball more than Nate did? Just wondering. I mean, as a #3 guy he has the skills needed...

LOL

HometownGal
03-06-2009, 08:13 AM
why is this even being discussed ??? :jerkit:

My thoughts exactly. There is already an existing TO thread in the NFL forum for those who want to keep beating a dead horse.