PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Capital

vasteeler
03-06-2009, 11:53 AM
just saw on the discovery channel that Pittsburgh is the zombie capital of the us:applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
:huh:

revefsreleets
03-06-2009, 12:03 PM
George Romero is a Carnegie Melon grad. He STILL films Zombie movies set in Pittsburgh.

Day of the Dead is still my all-time favorite Zombie movie...

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Yep, lots of Zombie Movies either filmed in or based in Pittsburgh.

Figure NY would get lots of Zombie Love but the Burgh is King.

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 12:49 PM
This reminds me: I haven't played Left 4 Dead all week. If you haven't played it, shame on you. It's probably the best action/shooter game I've ever had the privilege of playing, and by far the best involving zombies. You will definitely love this.

[/shameless plug]

Hammer67
03-06-2009, 01:33 PM
I heard it was good only on multiplayer (which I don't play).

I liked Dead Rising on the 360, though...that was freaking awesome Zombie destruction game set in a mall!!!

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I heard it was good only on multiplayer (which I don't play).

I liked Dead Rising on the 360, though...that was freaking awesome Zombie destruction game set in a mall!!!

No, those are lies. It's better on multiplayer, but you can still have an assload of fun just playing the regular game. It's one of the few games I've played where if you don't have anyone else to help, the computer AI teammates actually do pretty well.

And, what's different in Left 4 Dead is that the zombies aren't slow or stupid, and there are a TON of them. Usually a game with zombies falls short on at least one of those three. These are definitely virus-based zombies, not undead zombies. Basically, picture some of the mob scenes in "28 Days Later", but instead it's a video game that you can actually play. And with full gore and bodies piling up knee-deep.

Also, they have an option in multiplayer where YOU CAN BE ON THE ZOMBIE SIDE. Tell me any other game that does that.

SteelCityMom
03-06-2009, 02:33 PM
just saw on the discovery channel that Pittsburgh is the zombie capital of the us:applaudit:

That's awesome! What show was that?

I was always a huge fan of the Night of the Dead series and anything else Romero or Savini did. I was lucky enough to go to the premier of Land of the Dead here in Pittsburgh back in '05 and got to meet both of them. Very cool guys.

My fiances big brush with fame is that he grew up in the house that the movie The Crazies (1973 Romero film) was filmed in up in Zelionople.

Worst (and funniest) zombie movie ever filmed in Pittsburgh though is Bloodsucking Pharoahs in Pittsburgh ('91)...a must see for any true cheesy zombie film lover!

Hammer67
03-06-2009, 03:00 PM
No, those are lies. It's better on multiplayer, but you can still have an assload of fun just playing the regular game. It's one of the few games I've played where if you don't have anyone else to help, the computer AI teammates actually do pretty well.

And, what's different in Left 4 Dead is that the zombies aren't slow or stupid, and there are a TON of them. Usually a game with zombies falls short on at least one of those three. These are definitely virus-based zombies, not undead zombies. Basically, picture some of the mob scenes in "28 Days Later", but instead it's a video game that you can actually play. And with full gore and bodies piling up knee-deep.

Also, they have an option in multiplayer where YOU CAN BE ON THE ZOMBIE SIDE. Tell me any other game that does that.

Well then, I will just have to pick this one up and play it then...

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Well then, I will just have to pick this one up and play it then...

Definitely. I would even go so far as to rate it as good as hentai.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:30 PM
You ever sit around the house and wonder, "how can I survive a Zombie attack?"

I have, and the first thing I'd have to do is tear up my huge back dack for the wood, to cover all the huge windows I have across the back of my house. Man, I have like 40 feet worth of windows over looking my back yard with 3 different Sliding glass doors. Man, I'd need at least 2 days to prepare.

I'm totally Effed if the Zombies come on fast without warning Dawn of the Dead Style. Totally Effed. If its more like Night of the Living Dead, I should be ok, because then I'd have some warning since I don't live near a graveyard and I do have the weapons I require to get in some head shot kills for any that happen to get to my neighborhood.

But if its the Running Zombies of Dawn of the Dead (Remake) or the 28 Days Later mother effers, I'm freaking screwed. Then its all about going Mobile in the full size conversion Van and getting to a high point.

kittenfantastico76
03-06-2009, 05:31 PM
I [heart] zombies.

My boyfriend already has the plans all worked out for our escape route when the zombie apocalypse is upon us. Trust me he's a Zombie movie junkie, he's given this serious thought. The fact that he's thought of this makes it easier to sleep at night after watching said zombie flicks.

We have a canoe, a jeep, a dog and a cat, camping gear and we plan to head out to Waterloo, Alabama (middle of no where surrounded by water)... the plan is more detailed than this but you get the idea... it also involves guns yada yada yada.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
See I'm not sure I'd want to be that isolated where there aren't other people around. Cause if there are other people, well then, that increases my odds of survival since they can be Zombie Food before me.

I'm not sure about in the woods either. Maybe if Zombies can't swim, but I'm pretty sure they could float across a body of water or at least sink and walk along the bottom to get where I was hiding on an island or what not.

Why at Cat? I get the dog to give you warning Terminator Style, but a Cat? They aren't good in crisis situations, they just scare the crap out of you when you go to investigate the noise, then cause you to let your guard down at the most critical time.

Dino 6 Rings
03-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Oh, and if its revenge of the living dead style zombies, the kind that Don't Die from head shots, I'm killing myself cause that's just effed and that's not fair and I'm not getting into that battle.

steelreserve
03-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I'm not sure about in the woods either. Maybe if Zombies can't swim, but I'm pretty sure they could float across a body of water or at least sink and walk along the bottom to get where I was hiding on an island or what not.

Dude. Zombies can't get across water. Everyone knows that. At best they can flail around until they get back out the way they came from; mostly, they just get stuck. Being on some kind of boat, or better yet an island, would definitely be the way to go. If there's a zombie attack, I'm stealing a boat and try to get to Hawaii; that way I'd get a free vacation out of it too.

tony hipchest
03-06-2009, 07:39 PM
and now an interlude from the greatest band ever...

"Astro Zombies"- MisFiTs

h-oD8CK5GQ0&feature=related

Oh, all I want to know
All I want

With just a touch of my burning hand
I send my astro zombies to rape the land
Prime directive, exterminate
The whole human race

And your face drops in a pile of flesh
And then your heart, heart pounds
Till it pumps in death
Whatever stands left

All I wanted to say
And all I gotta do
Whod I do this for
Hey, me or you

And all I wanted to say
And all I gotta do
Whod I do this for
Hey, me or you

Oh, all I want to know
All I want

With just a touch of my burning hand
Im gonna live my life to to destroy your world
The whole profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfilterin race

Then your face drops in a pile of flesh
And then your heart, heart pounds
And it pumps in death
The whole f**kin place well

All I wanted to say
And all I gotta do
Whod I do this for
Hey, me or you

And all I wanted to say
And all I gotta do
Whod I do this for
Hey, me or you

Oh, all I want to know
All I want to know
All I want to know
All I want oh
Go

SteelCityMom
03-06-2009, 07:40 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_l9ocz8jlKs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_l9ocz8jlKs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nla64rE5oV4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nla64rE5oV4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tony hipchest
03-06-2009, 07:52 PM
"Night of the Living Dead"

lb565mkI8BI&feature=related

Whoa oh oh oh
Whoa oh
Whoa oh

Stumble in somnambulance so
Pre-dawn corpses come to life
Armies of the dead surviving
Armies of the hungry ones

Only-ones, lonely-ones
Ripped up like shredded-wheat
Only-ones, lonely-ones
Be a sort of human picnic

This aint no love-in
This aint no happening
This aint no feeling in my arm

Whoa
Whoa oh
Whoa oh
Whoa oh

You think youre a zombie, you think its a scene
From some monster magazine
Well, open your eyes [now/too late]
This aint no fantasy, boy

This aint no love-in
This aint no happening
This aint no feeling in my arm

Whoa
Whoa oh
Whoa oh
Whoa oh
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

tony hipchest
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
"Ghouls Night Out"

jo6X13hEjZ8&feature=relatedThis is the ghouls night out
Suffer unto me
Devils born in angels arms
Ghouls in heavens fall

This is the ghouls night out
All ghouls go to hell
Humans held on eating flesh
Its my destiny

Ghouls, ghouls, ghouls night out
Ghouls, ghouls
Ghouls, ghouls, destiny

Hell is where you want to be
I feel the hell on you and me
I feel it every day
Hell is where you want to be
I feel the hell on you and me
It never goes away

Ghouls, ghouls
Ghouls, ghouls, destiny

Suffer unto me
Devils born in angels arms
Ghouls in heaven fall

All ghouls go to hell
Humans held on eating flesh
Its my destiny

To eat meat, to eat flesh
Its my destiny
Its my destiny
Its my destiny
Its my destiny

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Dude. Zombies can't get across water. Everyone knows that. At best they can flail around until they get back out the way they came from; mostly, they just get stuck. Being on some kind of boat, or better yet an island, would definitely be the way to go. If there's a zombie attack, I'm stealing a boat and try to get to Hawaii; that way I'd get a free vacation out of it too.

Totally Disagree, Dawn of the Living Dead Remake, the people totally get out of the city, after the horror and mind screw of having to find "the boat keys" and what happens, they get to the island, and think, "sweet"...then...Zombie attack. How did the freaking zombies get to the island? floated right across my man...floated right across.

Also, Shock Waves, Nazi Zombie flick, total water zombies...and of coarse the ever classic Zombie vs Shark Scene in the movie Zombie Flesh Eaters...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSPG9QQg4C0

SteelCityMom
03-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Totally Disagree, Dawn of the Living Dead Remake, the people totally get out of the city, after the horror and mind screw of having to find "the boat keys" and what happens, they get to the island, and think, "sweet"...then...Zombie attack. How did the freaking zombies get to the island? floated right across my man...floated right across.

Also, Shock Waves, Nazi Zombie flick, total water zombies...and of coarse the ever classic Zombie vs Shark Scene in the movie Zombie Flesh Eaters...

Yeah, Land of the Dead they just walked under water to get to where they were going. Gotta kill the freaks and burn the corpses to be rid of them!

Muppet13
03-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Zombies are stupid!

beSteelmyheart
03-07-2009, 11:17 PM
I've been a big fan of zombie movies since they scared the crap out of me as a kid! I remember being terrified for weeks after first seeing Night of the Living Dead so it's only natural to think about surviving such a thing!
Where I'm at now I'm pretty much screwed-the food here wouldn''t last long under seige & I'm not too confident about any attempts to strengthen the place. I have a gun but limited ammo. I'd have to go mobile & try to hook up with other survivors& /or at least stay on the move.

SteelCityMom
03-07-2009, 11:37 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/findingmyecho2/021908_zombie_poster.jpg

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 12:15 AM
Anyone seen Shaun of the Dead? That movie is freaking awesome. Im not worried about zombies Ill just GTA it for awhile. Its the buzzards that will eat on the zombie flesh we have to worry about.

beSteelmyheart
03-08-2009, 12:17 AM
The buzzards won't mess with you if you're alive.

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Watch Resident Evil Extinction. They do.

beSteelmyheart
03-08-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm in the old school zombie mindset. :laughing: Plus the buzzards would have so much dead meat around, why would they worry about us? They aren't birds of prey, they are carrion birds. Wouldn't that be ironic if buzzards would save us all? Kind of like the aliens in War of the Worlds dying of our germs, a natural solution.:popcorn:

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 01:50 AM
all I know is you "got to be prepared"

they're coming to get you barbara....

I want no part of Zombies...I think I'd rather fight Vampires, at least Vampires you can pray for daylight, or maybe Blade shows up and saves your arse...but who actually whoops up on Zombies? No One Says I. Zombies are the unstoppable force.

Werewolves...bah...not scared of a dog...Creature from the Black Lagoon? peashaw...I'll just stay away from water...Aliens? Predator? Heck I'm not worried, at least when they kill me, I stay Dead. Zombies bring that whole different element...That..."One of Us" Element I want no part of.

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 03:31 AM
I'm in the old school zombie mindset. :laughing: Plus the buzzards would have so much dead meat around, why would they worry about us? They aren't birds of prey, they are carrion birds. Wouldn't that be ironic if buzzards would save us all? Kind of like the aliens in War of the Worlds dying of our germs, a natural solution.:popcorn:

After eating infected meat they would become zombie buzzards and want fresh undead meat. Wow this is starting to get out there aint it? I guess it is still better then bitching about politics.

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 06:15 PM
After eating infected meat they would become zombie buzzards and want fresh undead meat. Wow this is starting to get out there aint it? I guess it is still better then bitching about politics.

Dude, zombie buzzards...not fun.

Does that mean that anything that ate dead zombie flesh would also become Zombie? So Zombie Possums? Zombie Crows and Zombie Rats?

Ef that. I want no part of Zombie Animal Attacks.

Does the Head Shot rule still apply to Zombie Animals?

beSteelmyheart
03-08-2009, 11:34 PM
Buzzards are big nasty looking birds, too! On my way home from work in this one area sometimes they gather in huge numbers circling around in the sky, dozens & dozens of them! Maybe they roost in the trees there by the river or something...
But if you go by the old school zombie thing, buzzards eating the zombies shouldn't matter, should it? Unless they were already dead &/or bitten? Buzzards, being what they are, should be immune to just about anything. If not, we are doubly screwed if the animal element enters into the survival equation.
I can't believe we are discussing such a thing!:laughing:

kittenfantastico76
03-09-2009, 09:26 AM
bottom line in any situation, never under estimate what your enemy may do.. in this case... never think to yourself I'm safe here, a zombie can't do _______. They probably can, or will.

I've always worried about being out in the middle of no where, then again... I don't study zombie movies like my boyfriend does, sooo I'm going to go with his plan... mostly because mine is based on screaming, crying and hiding in the cellar, and clearly that never works out for anyone in zombie or horror flicks! :wink:

Dino 6 Rings
03-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Hiding the Cellar is never a good idea, that's true. No excape route from a basement. Unless you have tunnels, just be sure those tunnes don't lead through a graveyard, that would be bad, very bad.

Do Zombies Freeze? I mean, what if you were high up in the mountains and it was really really cold? Maybe then they could freeze up and not be able to get you?

Or maybe on a huge boat, out in the middle of the ocean...but then again...maybe they'd just float to you and eventually catch you while you were sleeping...

Zombies burn, so maybe you could live inside a ring of fire. Yeah...that might work out...if you had plenty of food already...

Man...Zombies are the ultimate bad guys...

steelreserve
03-10-2009, 12:38 PM

Were they undead zombies or virus zombies? Seems like virus zombies are actually still alive and can die from things a normal person could die from, so drowning would definitely be on the list. Undead zombies, maybe I can see them floating across water, but I don't think it's usual. Most of the time, water still seems like a pretty effective barrier against zombies.

Hammer67
03-10-2009, 12:54 PM
Anyone seen Shaun of the Dead? That movie is freaking awesome. Im not worried about zombies Ill just GTA it for awhile. Its the buzzards that will eat on the zombie flesh we have to worry about.

By far, the greatest Zombie movie of all time...

Dino 6 Rings
03-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I reviewed my defenses last night, if my home gets attacked by Zombies, I'm effed. Even if its the Undead Zombies...way too many windows, and not a good exit plan. Need to rebuild my house.

If its Virus Zombies, or those Vamp things from I am Legend, I'm totally effed.

I may need to invest in a real fall our shelter set up. Yeah...total bunker out my back yard...I wonder if the wife would mind?

steelreserve
03-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I still think a much better strategy in any virus zombie attack is to try and steal a boat. If you can make it to an island a few miles offshore, that's a good start. If you can make it to Hawaii, you're golden.

An undead zombie attack might be a lot harder to deal with in the long run if it was on a big enough scale. Pretty much the only way to deal with it would be to stay well-armed and mobile at all times. Barricading yourself or getting somewhere high up works for a while, but like we've all seen, you can't do it indefinitely.

steelreserve
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Also, the best zombie song ever is "re: Your Brains."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM

Trust me, the chorus WILL get stuck in your head.

beSteelmyheart
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I
An undead zombie attack might be a lot harder to deal with in the long run if it was on a big enough scale. Pretty much the only way to deal with it would be to stay well-armed and mobile at all times. Barricading yourself or getting somewhere high up works for a while, but like we've all seen, you can't do it indefinitely.
If you've ever seen the remake of Dawn of the Dead where they explode the propane tank & show it lighting up the area around the truck, there are countless zombies, wall to wall. We don't realize how people have taken over every inch of everything, everywhere! (personally I think this planet could use a good house cleaning)
If you take a fatalistic view of it, survival is more like asking yourself "How long can I make it before I decide to shoot myself in the head"
At least in the viral movie 28 Days Later, there was some hope at the end.
Stealing a boat would be easy enough for me, sort of, but then you have to worry about gas, & being that I can't sail, I'm screwed. Boat idea not an option for me.

lilyoder6
03-10-2009, 08:07 PM

thats where i would go to a cabela's store... got a good size of space, guns and ammo.. and usually they have a well stocked cafeteria upstairs...

but in any case.. on my way 2 a cabela's i would stop at a gun shop.. lol

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 09:23 AM
thats where i would go to a cabela's store... got a good size of space, guns and ammo.. and usually they have a well stocked cafeteria upstairs...

but in any case.. on my way 2 a cabela's i would stop at a gun shop.. lol

Got to figure that everyone would have that same idea, so you'd not only be dealing with Zombies, but also the Road Warrior Style bands of nut cases with guns that are looking out for their own as well.

I'm thinking maybe taking over a prison wouldn't be such a bad idea, after of coarse you kill and burn all the inmates. But high walls, barb wire, no tunnels, plus you need a helicopter on the roof for quick escapes and food runs.

Staying mobile works til you have to stop for gas, then they "get ya" when you go in for candy bars.

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 09:26 AM
Got to figure that everyone would have that same idea, so you'd not only be dealing with Zombies, but also the Road Warrior Style bands of nut cases with guns that are looking out for their own as well.

I'm thinking maybe taking over a prison wouldn't be such a bad idea, after of coarse you kill and burn all the inmates. But high walls, barb wire, no tunnels, plus you need a helicopter on the roof for quick escapes and food runs.

Staying mobile works til you have to stop for gas, then they "get ya" when you go in for candy bars.

that reminds me of resident evil extinction.....

wait o second... if any of u saw the original tremors movie.. i would def be in the house where burt and rebba was living... they had a locked down perimeter and enough guns,ammo and food for life lol

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Yes, Burt would live out a Zombie issue for sure.

Now this is just Zombies, don't get off track, if we start bringing in giant worms or aliens this thread will quickly jump the shark and get off the serious topic of surviving Zombie attacks. Be they Virus or Undead

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Yes, Burt would live out a Zombie issue for sure.

Now this is just Zombies, don't get off track, if we start bringing in giant worms or aliens this thread will quickly jump the shark and get off the serious topic of surviving Zombie attacks. Be they Virus or Undead

i'm sry.. it was that his house would be awesome for anything.. lol

i think the only bad thing would be when will the food run out??? like in RE:E... they were running out of food b/c there were SO many of them and it was only 6 months since the whole outbreak started..

and obv.. the water would be a safe bet as they prob wouldn't be able to swim so y not stay on a big ass yacht or a submarine???

steelreserve
03-11-2009, 11:56 AM

This is why taking over Alcatraz would probably be the best thing you could do, ever. Not only a prison but a prison on an island. The current moves fast enough that it would have no problem sweeping zombies out to sea, although if you're any good at swimming, you should be able to get there without a boat. You could fish and probably grow some food, and pillage the remains of several rioted cities if you had the guts.

Although if you were stuck there and could see the city just a couple miles away but knew you couldn't go there because of the zombies, that might drive you crazy eventually. Also, if they were undead zombies, I'd worry that the occasional one would wash up on the shore by chance, although it's pretty sheer cliffs all around, so maybe they wouldn't be able to get up anyway.

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 12:51 PM
This is why taking over Alcatraz would probably be the best thing you could do, ever. Not only a prison but a prison on an island. The current moves fast enough that it would have no problem sweeping zombies out to sea, although if you're any good at swimming, you should be able to get there without a boat. You could fish and probably grow some food, and pillage the remains of several rioted cities if you had the guts.

Although if you were stuck there and could see the city just a couple miles away but knew you couldn't go there because of the zombies, that might drive you crazy eventually. Also, if they were undead zombies, I'd worry that the occasional one would wash up on the shore by chance, although it's pretty sheer cliffs all around, so maybe they wouldn't be able to get up anyway.

I like you're way of thinking. If it all hits the fan...you better give me a call my Good Friend :chuckle:

A fortress Island with fishing available. Food source. Maybe hook up some Solar Panels or Wind Mill power as well. With Motion Spot lights just in case one said Zombie does wash up on shore. That's good thinking.

See, together, we could survive. That's the Spirit.

Dogs too, I want dogs to bark and warn me, chickens for food and eggs, and to breed more chickens for food and what not. Water though? Is water in the San Fran bay Salt or Fresh? I think its Salt because of the sharks I hear about, so we'd need a water filtration device as well.

steelreserve
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
I like you're way of thinking. If it all hits the fan...you better give me a call my Good Friend :chuckle:

A fortress Island with fishing available. Food source. Maybe hook up some Solar Panels or Wind Mill power as well. With Motion Spot lights just in case one said Zombie does wash up on shore. That's good thinking.

See, together, we could survive. That's the Spirit.

Dogs too, I want dogs to bark and warn me, chickens for food and eggs, and to breed more chickens for food and what not. Water though? Is water in the San Fran bay Salt or Fresh? I think its Salt because of the sharks I hear about, so we'd need a water filtration device as well.

Water in the bay is an interesting story. Parts of it are freshwater, parts are brackish but still drinkable, parts are saltwater, and the border between drinkable and non-drinkable constantly changes depending on how much water is running out of the rivers. But basically the closer you are to the ocean, the saltier it gets, and Alcatraz is in one of the more salty parts, so you probably can't drink the water there. BUT, in a zombie attack, they wouldn't be diverting about half the river water for agriculture anymore, so there might be enough extra flow to make it drinkable. Even if not, you still wouldn't have to go ashore to get fresh water; you could just go a few miles upstream in a boat, fill up and come back. I'm betting collecting rainwater would also be a big deal.

There aren't really any sharks in the bay, just off the coast on the ocean side of the Golden Gate. One more thing: The bad news is that most of the bay is actually only about 10 feet deep because it's full of silt that washed down from gold country back in the 1800s. The good news is that any zombies on the bottom would probably get stuck in it because it's basically really sticky muck. Around Alcatraz, it gets closer to 100 feet deep though. Also, the entire bottom of the bay is covered with clams that got over here from Asia and had no natural predators. Although I'm personally allergic to shellfish, so that wouldn't help me.

Alcatraz also did have its own power plant, although it doesn't work anymore. But if that could be fixed, you'd really be in business. Except for having a fuel source.
The more I think about it, the better that place looks. I just worry that there are about 10 million people around here who would have the same idea. Hopefully most of them would drown.

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
well i think a lot of ppl would also try and go north into cold climate's where the infection did not make it...

me going off another show... i would want the house in the show eureka.. that the sheriff lives in... it's under ground and u have an A.I running ur house

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not sure I would trust A.I. to keep me safe in a bunker house, that A.I in Eureka has already messed with the Sherrif once cause it got jealous or something. I want no part of A.I. while under attack from Zombies.

Solar Panels for power, that's the way to go, back up with batteries and a windmill. Yep.

Food source, Fish as long as it isn't a Viral Walking Dead issue, cause what if the waters with the first are contaminated.

steelreserve
03-11-2009, 05:12 PM
I think that the fish-getting-infected question is absolutely huge. If there's any hope of survival beyond a few months, you have to assume that fish couldn't become undead/infected, or at least not capable of turning people into zombies. Otherwise, the oceans would be no barrier at all, and I have no doubt that eventually, zombies would spread to the whole globe, including islands. Maybe you'd have a few groups of people who got lucky and figured out you have to avoid water completely, and also they have another food source, but for the most part, I think everyone would be screwed even if they were in Hawaii or Iceland.

That raises an important question: We all know you can get infected if a zombie bites you, but presumably, the fish would be eating bits of the zombie and getting infected that way. Does it work that way? I can't ever recall an example of a person biting a zombie. Although in Dead Alive, one guy gets infected by accidentally eating some zombie pus that made its way into his oatmeal. So you'd have to hope the inter-species barrier would be enough to keep fish from getting infected.

I also don't like the idea of going to the far north to escape. With undead zombies, it wouldn't do much good because they'd wander up there and the cold wouldn't affect them. With virus zombies, maybe it'd be OK because of the extremely long distances -- maybe Alaska and Siberia would be off-limits because a virus-based zombie would die before it could make it across 800 miles of barren wilderness. But if that's not the case, I'd sure hate to be all the way up in Northern Canada worrying about how we're going to barely survive the elements, and then in the summer, all of a sudden the zombies show up.

edit: oh yeah, plus, if you escaped the zombies by going far north, then I bet the vampire problem would be horrendous.

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Well I found the so called authority on surviving a Zombie situation:

http://www.zombiesurvivalwiki.com/

It would take a while to figure out all the answers and even this site can not verify if there is cross contamination between animal to man.

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 05:23 PM
I think if you eat Zombie flesh you are infected officially. Kind of like drinking Vampire Blood.

As for Fish, I say they can't be infected if its a Living Dead issue, if its a Viral Issue...we are all screwed.

steelreserve
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I think if you eat Zombie flesh you are infected officially. Kind of like drinking Vampire Blood.

As for Fish, I say they can't be infected if its a Living Dead issue, if its a Viral Issue...we are all screwed.

So it sounds like if it's undead zombies, your best bet is an island, if it's virus-based, it depends on whether the virus can be transmitted to fish. If no, your best bet is still an island, if yes, it's Siberia.

And if other animals besides fish can get it, you're completely screwed whether it's virus or undead, so your only hope would be if you were in some place like a NORAD bomb shelter under a mountain and you had enough food for a year or so, and you could wait it out until everything outside died. Then I guess you'd have to be a vegetarian after that because there would be no more animals.

Dino 6 Rings
03-11-2009, 08:17 PM
So it sounds like if it's undead zombies, your best bet is an island, if it's virus-based, it depends on whether the virus can be transmitted to fish. If no, your best bet is still an island, if yes, it's Siberia.

And if other animals besides fish can get it, you're completely screwed whether it's virus or undead, so your only hope would be if you were in some place like a NORAD bomb shelter under a mountain and you had enough food for a year or so, and you could wait it out until everything outside died. Then I guess you'd have to be a vegetarian after that because there would be no more animals.

Oh Shiiiiiit Dude...what if its a combination Zombie Attack, Undead and Virus plus a "The Happening" Situation where the plants are pissed off too.

Bomb Shelter in Norad seems the only way to go, as long as we don't have any A.I. problems War Games or Terminator Style.

beSteelmyheart
03-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Bomb shelter in Norad is just not practical for regular people, don't even consider that because a million other people will be thinking the same thing & it'll turn into one big mess.

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 09:43 PM
u could always go to antartica and train the penguins to atk..

well what about having space stations up there in space then have shuttles.. depending on the food, if u could find a way to grow food in space.. i don't think a zombie could fly all the way to space

beSteelmyheart
03-11-2009, 09:49 PM
Space is for rich people who have the bank to pay the Russians.

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Space is for rich people who have the bank to pay the Russians.

so i'm guessing under water cities are out of the plan then

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 07:57 AM
so i'm guessing under water cities are out of the plan then

A stolen or "borrowed" Submarine has potential. Or even a huge ship like Dennis Hopper and his villians had in Water World.

I don't think a Zombie could climb up the side of the ship, unless it came up the anchor or something, you would be pretty safe.

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 12:17 PM
I don't think they have any spaceship, space station, or anything like that where you could survive for more than a few months. Even if you could grow food, you'd run out of water or air, or you'd eventually die because your muscles would atrophy in zero-G.

As long as you could get food, a submarine would probably be OK, especially if it was one of those new ones that can keep its reactors going for 20 or 30 years without refueling. Although if I could choose whatever I wanted, I'd want a convoy with an aircraft carrier so you could bomb the shit of somewhere if you needed to, and a couple destroyers that could lay down covering fire if you were going ashore. And obviously a few tankers so all the ships and planes could have gas.

The first thing I'd do would be to go to Key West and raid all the dirty T-shirt shops.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I don't think they have any spaceship, space station, or anything like that where you could survive for more than a few months. Even if you could grow food, you'd run out of water or air, or you'd eventually die because your muscles would atrophy in zero-G.

As long as you could get food, a submarine would probably be OK, especially if it was one of those new ones that can keep its reactors going for 20 or 30 years without refueling. Although if I could choose whatever I wanted, I'd want a convoy with an aircraft carrier so you could bomb the shit of somewhere if you needed to, and a couple destroyers that could lay down covering fire if you were going ashore. And obviously a few tankers so all the ships and planes could have gas.

The first thing I'd do would be to go to Key West and raid all the dirty T-shirt shops.

Yep, when it hits the fan, I'm logging on and getting together with you first!

Together, with our Families, I think we'd survive just fine. I like you're thinking.

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Yep, when it hits the fan, I'm logging on and getting together with you first!

Together, with our Families, I think we'd survive just fine. I like you're thinking.

Yeah, but the problem is that while those would all be good ideas on paper, I still have some serious doubts about our ability to take over an aircraft carrier if it really came down to it. I think we would definitely need help.

Unless we could walk in uncontested because all the crew were killed by zombies. But then the ship would probably be overrun by thousands of zombies too, so that doesn't work. So I guess it's back to the island plan as the best option.

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Oh, also, I think a really funny joke to play on someone would be if you could convince everyone in the town to pretend to be zombies for a day and everyone was in on it except for a few people. And you staged a really realistic fake zombie attack and didn't let them get to their cars, and then watched them panic.

I guess that would be pretty funny unless they found some shotguns and started shooting the zombies not knowing it was a joke. But I guess that's a chance you'd have to take.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh, also, I think a really funny joke to play on someone would be if you could convince everyone in the town to pretend to be zombies for a day and everyone was in on it except for a few people. And you staged a really realistic fake zombie attack and didn't let them get to their cars, and then watched them panic.

I guess that would be pretty funny unless they found some shotguns and started shooting the zombies not knowing it was a joke. But I guess that's a chance you'd have to take.

LOL

Yeah dude, I live in Arkansas, that would be funny for about 3 minutes until all the Good ole boys and Good ole girls got their firearms from the gun racks in their pickup trucks and out of the trunk of our...I mean...Their cars. :rofl:

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 01:50 PM
LOL

Yeah dude, I live in Arkansas, that would be funny for about 3 minutes until all the Good ole boys and Good ole girls got their firearms from the gun racks in their pickup trucks and out of the trunk of our...I mean...Their cars. :rofl:

That could definitely be a problem. Here in California, even if there was a real zombie attack, I'm pretty sure if you pulled out a gun, people would just yell at you for overreacting and say, "You need to be more tolerant! Do you think it'd be OK to pull a gun on ME if I was different? If you were in their shoes, all you'd want is to be accepted! They deserve some understanding, and a little help."

Actually, a zombie attack would probably be quite a reality check for this stupid state. Most of the people like that would just get eaten, and the heroes would be the people with assault weapons and illegal magazines. Talk about a 180.

It should be noted that I actually had a dream kind of similar to what I described above, only instead of zombies, the newspaper I used to work at was being attacked by the Flood from Halo. I don't think we made it.

lilyoder6
03-12-2009, 02:48 PM
i'm still going burt style... just build a house, perimeter and then stock up

unless i could go to the eureka like the show... lol

any see death race???

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 04:29 PM
i'm still going burt style... just build a house, perimeter and then stock up

unless i could go to the eureka like the show... lol

any see death race???

I think you just like saying the name "Burt" LOL

Bomb Shelter house with a clean water source and food I guess would be ok for a time.

No, is death race any good?

vasteeler
03-13-2009, 11:46 AM
WOW I had no idea it would go this far you guys are insane,and thats OK by me:hatsoff:

lilyoder6
03-13-2009, 11:56 AM
I think you just like saying the name "Burt" LOL

Bomb Shelter house with a clean water source and food I guess would be ok for a time.

No, is death race any good?

i liked it.. it's very action packed and what not... but if i was going on a convey i would like to use there vehicles and what not

HometownGal
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Zombies creep me out. :horror: I was married to one and I don't watch zombie movies because I don't need to relive that chapter of my life. :chuckle:

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2009, 08:53 PM
http://www.gomlab.com/files/logopic/zombies800.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.filmdungeon.com/NightoftheLivingDead.jpg

Dino 6 Rings
03-14-2009, 05:27 PM
ZOMBIE PARTY!!!!

http://www.ianwhalen.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/plaza.jpg

lilyoder6
03-14-2009, 05:30 PM
the zombie atk could be like the movie zombie strippers with jenna jameson.

haha.. i had 2 mention it

KeiselPower99
03-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Zombie strippers with Jenna Jameson??? Hot damn. I need to find that.

Dino 6 Rings
03-15-2009, 11:46 AM
http://images.apple.com/moviesxml/s/sony_pictures/posters/zombiestrippers_l200804041549.jpg

Not just Jenna, apparently Freddy Kruger (Robert England) got himself a role in the film.

lilyoder6
03-15-2009, 11:51 AM
http://images.apple.com/moviesxml/s/sony_pictures/posters/zombiestrippers_l200804041549.jpg

Not just Jenna, apparently Freddy Kruger (Robert England) got himself a role in the film.

hahahaha...

i totally forgot bout him.. i was just amazed by jenna:applaudit:

KeiselPower99
03-15-2009, 03:41 PM

Wow. Im goin to the Movie Gallery now to find this precious jewel.

Dino 6 Rings
03-22-2009, 06:10 PM
http://mtpundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/obama_zombies_motivator.jpg

beSteelmyheart
03-22-2009, 06:47 PM
Good one!:toofunny:

Dino 6 Rings
04-29-2009, 12:04 PM
With this Pig Flu thing taking hold, I figured it was time to get the warning out.

I believe this could be the "One" that causes....yes...the ZOMBIE ATTACK!

beSteelmyheart
04-29-2009, 08:11 PM
With this Pig Flu thing taking hold, I figured it was time to get the warning out.

I'm wondering if it may be the winter solstice of 2012 when the Mayans predicted that life as we know it will come to an end.....
We're in the process of buying a solid concrete block house, we'll have our hurricane security stuff for the windows & a generator by then no doubt. I'll try to stockpile some ammo during the next few years. Being a homeowner I might want to think about adding another deadly weapon or two..(those pesky home invaders!) Our biggest concern would be food & water & fuel.
As far as the flu pandemic scare, it's my personal opinion that the world needs some cleaning house. There are just waaaaaay too many people on this planet & a great many of them are a waste of oxygen.

KeiselPower99
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM

Holy crap I never thought about it that way.

Dino 6 Rings
04-30-2009, 11:42 AM
We must be prepared my friends.

Once this thing goes totally Viral, we will be on our own and cut off from each other.

I'm digging ditches now, and putting sharpened sticks in them in front of my house. Pluse I'm going to start working on the turrent on the roof.

My wife is going to be so pissed, but she'll thank me later.

KeiselPower99
04-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Where is Milla Jonavich when ya need her???

55BaileyFan
04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
God Bless George Romero....and his man at arms Tom Savini

Dino 6 Rings
05-08-2009, 12:18 PM
People in my office are sneezing a lot today. I'm sure its the Zombie epidemic taking root...

The wife and I discussed turning our Conversion van into a full out road warrior vehicle with metal blades spinning on the front to chop our way through Zombie crowds on our way to food sources.

Dino 6 Rings
05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
AH HA!

Proof the Swine Flu is leading to a Zombie Epidemic!

http://www.codyandleah.com/iWeb/Site/The%20Groom_files/IMG_0773.jpg

steelwalls
10-08-2009, 04:06 AM
Ok I know you're not to pimp your own site, and really I have nothing to sell here, as of no everything is free, but being a Pittsburg/Romerro fan for life I had to share. My new site online like 10 seconds ago..

http://p6.hostingprod.com/@azattacks.com/

sackmaster56
10-08-2009, 05:13 AM
On this topic, since it is Halloween season. Where is the best haunted house in Pittsburgh? I am traveling there to see the Browns game and woud like to go through one any response would be great.

Dino 6 Rings
10-08-2009, 01:57 PM
No idea...but I know KC has great haunted houses, went there last year. Once called the Beast is freaking huge, 4 levels with slides and stuff, nuts, and Gates of Hell is the other one. Those are must see for any horror house fans.

By the way...I still believe the Zombies are growing stronger with this Pig Flu virus. Pig flu. HA! Its really a government released toxin that will cause the dead to rise from their graves once we start burying Pig Flu Victims. Also, don't burn the dead! The Smoke will be inhaled by the living and Turn them!

The End is Extremely Effing Nigh!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
10-08-2009, 02:06 PM
Remember every good zombie plan includes a shotgun, a sniper rifle and slow fat kid. (forget the chainsaw...thats all hollywood made up stuff)

lilyoder6
10-08-2009, 05:05 PM
No idea...but I know KC has great haunted houses, went there last year. Once called the Beast is freaking huge, 4 levels with slides and stuff, nuts, and Gates of Hell is the other one. Those are must see for any horror house fans.

By the way...I still believe the Zombies are growing stronger with this Pig Flu virus. Pig flu. HA! Its really a government released toxin that will cause the dead to rise from their graves once we start burying Pig Flu Victims. Also, don't burn the dead! The Smoke will be inhaled by the living and Turn them!

kc does have good one's..

the beast is good..
edge of hell is pretty good

they do a 2 for 1 deal for those 2 places.. even have a nice hay ride to get u to each if u don't like walking...

Dino 6 Rings
10-08-2009, 05:18 PM
kc does have good one's..

the beast is good..
edge of hell is pretty good

they do a 2 for 1 deal for those 2 places.. even have a nice hay ride to get u to each if u don't like walking...

Right edge of hell...that's it...I did the 2 for 1 deal and rode the hay ride...great time!

beSteelmyheart
10-08-2009, 07:08 PM

Actually it could be a conspiracy with the government & the big drug companies to invent said virus, release it, count on the media to fan the flames of panic & then they can break out the vaccine which will of course line the pockets of the drug companies..The drug companies would love nothing more than to create zombies of us all but I digress...

steelwalls
10-08-2009, 08:37 PM
BTW... I need ideas on a good song to put on my homepage. Got metallica's 'One' on there now, but was thinking about 'Living dead girl' any other suggestions that has like a zombie theme?

beSteelmyheart
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
BTW... I need ideas on a good song to put on my homepage. Got metallica's 'One' on there now, but was thinking about 'Living dead girl' any other suggestions that has like a zombie theme?
Judging by the video & lyrics, the song "One" is based on a book (& movie) called "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo & doesn't really have anything to do with zombies at all.

steelwalls
10-09-2009, 02:58 AM
Judging by the video & lyrics, the song "One" is based on a book (& movie) called "Johnny Got His Gun" by Dalton Trumbo & doesn't really have anything to do with zombies at all.

Very true, and for it's time one sick movie.....hense the question what should the song be...all I got so far is 'Living Dead Girl' thats the leader in my mind, maybe any rob zombie song?

steelwalls
10-09-2009, 06:15 AM
They used "Down With the Sickness" in DoTD '04 :noidea:

Oh, wait! I've got it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARmqz48Mh0

Thats a good one, but it hit me ok..'Vampires' by GSmack perfect words in spite of the title.

SteelMember
10-09-2009, 02:26 PM
:rofl:

Dino, if there was ever a thread made for you, this has to be it.

Wait.....what's that scratching sound at the door?

Noooooo!.....Don't op e n