View Full Version : Owens signs with Bills

Carolina Steelers
03-07-2009, 04:56 PM
6.5 Million for a 1 yr contract. John Clayton reports

CantStop85
03-07-2009, 05:03 PM
T.O. agrees to one-year deal with Bills

Posted: News | Vic Carucci | Tags: Buffalo Bills, Terrell Owens

The Buffalo Bills and free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens have reached agreement on a one-year contract. There will be a press conference at 6:15 p.m. ET at the team’s headquarters.

St33lersguy
03-07-2009, 05:15 PM
The Bills !!! WOW!!! I was thinking either Oakland or Cincy because his low character & humungous ego would fit perfectly with the low character of the Bungles & I could have imagined half dead Al Davis overpaying King ego without 2nd thought. Now he can be an enigma in the Bills locker room for a year. Trent Edwards & the rest of the Bills organization, good luck

MasterOfPuppets
03-07-2009, 05:21 PM
figure in the 9 mill gift from jones.....i'd say it's a pretty profitable year......:thumbsup:..meh....what's buffalo got to lose...:noidea: ...i didn't figure any actual potential contenders would be after him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-07-2009, 06:07 PM
I moment of silence for the sure and quick demise of the Buffalo Bills.:shake01:

4xSBChamps
03-07-2009, 06:12 PM
HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look for Marshawn Lynch to get more DUI's :grin:

..... how-much drinkin' do ya s'pose the Bills' Offensive Coordinator & QBs will be doin' this year?

:toast:

Dino 6 Rings
03-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Bills...well its about time TO went to a team in the real Conference instead of playing "kiddie" ball over in the NFC.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Wow, i figured he'd end up on a two year deal with New England so Brady could throw 200 td passes and win every game by 50 points minimum.

It would have been worth it to see TO call Brady a homo and accuse him of making up plays with Randy Moss without including him.

ShutDown24
03-07-2009, 06:34 PM
As soon as I heard he was visiting them, I kind of just had a gut feeling he wouldn't leave without a deal. This seems odd though.

nort10
03-07-2009, 06:40 PM
randy vs T.O. twice a year, should make that division a little bit harder

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Wow-he didn't want to sign with Baltimore a couple of years ago b/c of Kyle Bohler...now he has no problems with puny-arm Trent Edwards?!?

Really-Trent Edwards has alot of upside to be an elite QB in this league. Having an Owens will only set him back a year or 2.

tony hipchest
03-07-2009, 07:11 PM
Really-Trent Edwards has alot of upside to be an elite QB in this league. Having an Owens will only set him back a year or 2.

:laughing:

well, owens did turn romo into a "star".

really, i dont think this is a bad move for the bills. time will tell, but his 1st year with a new team is usually good. they get themselves a good TE in the draft and could suddenly be an explosive offense. (im fine with anything if it will make the pats weaker and their divisional opponents stronger).

OneForTheToe
03-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Does "Buffalo TO" even know his quarterbacks name? Trent Edwards, peace be with you.

Of course, TO is usually relatively well behaved his first season with a new team. On top of that, he will definatly be "the man" in the Bills' offense, which should stroke his ego for one season. I almost hope the Bills are good enough to host a playoff game in december. Just the thought of TO freezing his tiny balls off in Orchard in mid december warms my heart.

HughC
03-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Wow-he didn't want to sign with Baltimore a couple of years ago b/c of Kyle Bohler...now he has no problems with puny-arm Trent Edwards?!?

Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a contradiction too, to not sign with Baltimore but now agree to play in Buffalo. To me there can be only one reason for it: Rosenhaus called all 31 other teams, and Buffalo was the only one that offered him anything other than a vet minimum contract.

steelpinstripe72
03-07-2009, 07:27 PM
I never dreamed in a million years that I'd be living in the same city as the NFL's biggest diva.

silver & black
03-07-2009, 08:06 PM
The Bills !!! WOW!!! I was thinking either Oakland or Cincy because his low character & humungous ego would fit perfectly with the low character of the Bungles & I could have imagined half dead Al Davis overpaying King ego without 2nd thought. Now he can be an enigma in the Bills locker room for a year. Trent Edwards & the rest of the Bills organization, good luck
I was pretty sure the Raiders weren't going to sign him... Al seems to be showing restraint this year...LOL.

ps... as for the "half dead Al Davis" comment... you do know that your owner is only 3 years younger than Al... right?

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Yeah, I thought that was a bit of a contradiction too, to not sign with Baltimore but now agree to play in Buffalo. To me there can be only one reason for it: Rosenhaus called all 31 other teams, and Buffalo was the only one that offered him anything other than a vet minimum contract.

Well-isn't Ralph Wilson having $$ problems, to the point where he's flirting with the idea to move the team, even if's it's somewhere in Canada?

TO may bring in alot of baggage, but good or bad, the guy's a killer marketing machine. Look for TO Bills jersey to start making a killing as I'm typing this. Look for Buffalo to make the top of the news headlines on ESPN, Fox Sports, Sirius, etc 24/7. Heck-even soap opera news coming out of Buffalo will be good news for Wilson's pockets.

And oh-Berman's head has exploded today, and will continue to do so this year.:tt02:

lilyoder6
03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
i think that they got a very productive wr that will help the team.. and it is only a 1 yr deal.. so who knows

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-07-2009, 08:51 PM
:laughing:

well, owens did turn romo into a "star".

really, i dont think this is a bad move for the bills. time will tell, but his 1st year with a new team is usually good. they get themselves a good TE in the draft and could suddenly be an explosive offense. (im fine with anything if it will make the pats weaker and their divisional opponents stronger).

Yeah, I thought the Bills would go for Pettigrew in the 1st, but now didnt think he rates that high. I bet they spend a 1st or 2nd round pick on a TE and now give Edwards some weapons with Evans, TO, Lynch and a TE.

I hope the Bills just play spoiler in the AFC east now.

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Here's my favorite post on the Bills MB:

STRANGE CONNECTION.... might lead to SB

Reading alot and thinking alot I manage to come up with this STRANGE connection.

The last time this team made the playoffs WADE PHILLIPS was our head coach.

The last time we made the SUPERBOWL we Played against DALLAS COWBOYS.

WADE PHILLIPS is the head coach of the DALLAS COWBOYS which is the team that released the Star Reciever Terrell Owens and gave the BUFFALO BILLS the chance to sign him. In doing so the feelings of the fans have gone from doom and gloom to how far are we going to go.

Could this be a sign of things to come. I dont know but I sure like the odds now. So lets complete the roster and have a great draft and hopefully this is s ign of SUPER things to come

:sofunny:

Steelman16
03-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Here's my favorite post on the Bills MB:

Reading alot and thinking alot I manage to come up with this STRANGE connection.

WADE PHILLIPS is the head coach of the DALLAS COWBOYS which is the team that released the Star Reciever Terrell Owens and gave the BUFFALO BILLS the chance to sign him. In doing so the feelings of the fans have gone from doom and gloom to how far are we going to go.

Could this be a sign of things to come. I dont know but I sure like the odds now. So lets complete the roster and have a great draft and hopefully this is s ign of SUPER things to come

:sofunny:

Priceless!

:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Wow, I didn't know Ralph Wilson liked signing idiots.

Nighthawk
03-07-2009, 09:49 PM
Bills are a team that doesn't have strong leadership in it to control TO.... Bad move Buffalo! Maybe TO will prove us wrong

Fire Haley
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Dick Jauron would do anything to save his job.

T.O. should have no problems with the Buffalo media.

SteelCurtain7
03-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Here's my take: TO should (hopefully) fade into obscurity, signing with a team that has a snowball's chance in hell of making the post-season (let alone the Big Dance). Also, he may help the Jills kill the Cheatriots*. A win-win sitch there.

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
ESPN's Mort said that Ralph Wilson's decision had more to do with economics than anything else(i.e. 3 straight 7-9 seasons, Jauron hanging by the thread, declining interest, bad economy, etc). Signing TO would all but help with just that, especially now that potentially the national sports media will be giving the Bills attention front and center.

He also said that while TO is on good behavior in yr 1, he's essentially playing in a contract year b/c he only signed a 1 year deal. IOW-he WILL be looking for his touches to improve his marketability next year.

He also went on to say that they'll likely draft a TE next month.

lilyoder6
03-07-2009, 10:34 PM
i could see them drafting a te.. they ser need a te threat

BrandonCarr39
03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
i could see them drafting a te.. they ser need a te threat

If they get Brandon Pettigrew, that could be one dangerous offense right there.

Especially with Wilson feeling his own financial heat, it's not surprising that he's playing a does of Fantasy Football with his team.

Godfather
03-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Look for TO Bills jersey to start making a killing as I'm typing this.

The NFL should just make TO jerseys white and sell a dye set for the numbers since they'll keep changing color. The team logo can be attached with Velcro.

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Want to know why this is a Brilliant Move by the Bill?

Because now they are relevant, Crap...they are even being talked about on Our Board! When is the last time that happened in the off season?

OneForTheToe
03-08-2009, 01:30 AM
ESPN's Mort said that Ralph Wilson's decision had more to do with economics than anything else(i.e. 3 straight 7-9 seasons, Jauron hanging by the thread, declining interest, bad economy, etc). Signing TO would all but help with just that, especially now that potentially the national sports media will be giving the Bills attention front and center.

He also said that while TO is on good behavior in yr 1, he's essentially playing in a contract year b/c he only signed a 1 year deal. IOW-he WILL be looking for his touches to improve his marketability next year.

He also went on to say that they'll likely draft a TE next month.

I wonder if this new TE pick will become Trent Edwards' roommate? That couldn't possibly cause any friction with TO.

steelerbuckeye
03-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Good move for Buffalo

Galax Steeler
03-08-2009, 07:24 AM
ps... as for the "half dead Al Davis" comment... you do know that your owner is only 3 years younger than Al... right?

Yea but he is alot smarter then Davis.:flap:

HometownGal
03-08-2009, 08:05 AM
... as for the "half dead Al Davis" comment... you do know that your owner is only 3 years younger than Al... right?

Age is just a number. :chuckle:

Dan Rooney looks like a man of 76 years. Al Davis looks like someone that has decomposed and was exhumed from the grave.

Texasteel
03-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Age is just a number. :chuckle:

Dan Rooney looks like a man of 76 years. Al Davis looks like someone that has decomposed and was exhumed from the grave.

He does look like he's been dead for at lest 4 years, doesn't he.

HometownGal
03-08-2009, 08:20 AM

These dullards are rejoicing at having this POS on their roster now - if that was me, I wouldn't have time to post on a BB - I'd be hugging the porcelain god and vomiting. :puke:

Texasteel
03-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Sign of SUPER things to come?

These folks are starting to sound like Browns fans.

4xSBChamps
03-08-2009, 08:43 AM
Al Davis looks like someone that has decomposed and was exhumed from the grave.

..... he doesn't look that-bad.....

http://mildstallion.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/ed_grimley.jpg

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00061/pg-61-raiders-getty_61714t.jpg

silver & black
03-08-2009, 10:46 AM

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00061/pg-61-raiders-getty_61714t.jpg

:rofl: Thats good!

I knew there would be some creative feedback from my post. :sofunny:

Al doesn't look too good these days. I have a feeling his health is starting to fail... more than anyone knows.

Edman
03-08-2009, 11:04 AM
They have to get a Quarterback to throw to him. Trent Edwards is not exactly the second coming of Jim Kelly back there.

SteelersinCA
03-08-2009, 01:58 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about this is now the Patriots pretty much are guaranteed another AFC East title. The Bills will self-implode, the Jets will be miserable and the Dolphins were a flash in the pan. Personally I thought the entirety of the AFC East was way overrated last year.

BrandonCarr39
03-08-2009, 02:54 PM
The only thing that pisses me off about this is now the Patriots pretty much are guaranteed another AFC East title. The Bills will self-implode, the Jets will be miserable and the Dolphins were a flash in the pan. Personally I thought the entirety of the AFC East was way overrated last year.

The Pats also signed Shawn Springs(who owned TO at TX Stadium last year), so that's a good point. However-what if Springs, AGAIN, gets hurt? The Pats don't have a corner on their roster(at least for now) that can play press coverage. IOW-TO could potentially have big games against them b/c if you don't press him, he'll easily speed off the line and make plays all over the place.

Also-Trent Edwards' strengths is throwing those short passes, which also happens to be TO's strengths(catches and YATCing those). If I have to fault Jason Garrett, it was that most of the plays he called for Owens were running 15-20 yards down the field almost all the time. I would think Buffalo's OC will have to play into Edwards' strengths, which in turn will be playing into TO's.

BrandonCarr39
03-08-2009, 02:58 PM
Didnt they have the easiest schedules?

I would think the AFCE has a faily easy schedule. The AFCS/NFCS may have been the 2 toughest divisions last year, but not this year. Indy will win the AFCS, but by default b/c 1) Haynesworth is gone, and TN has QB problems, 2) Jacksonville is a big mess, and 3) Houston, well, they're the Texans. The NFCS will be a shell of its former self b/c 1) Carolina had no business winning 1/2 of their games last year before crapping the bed in the playoffs, now they have no #1 pick and Delhomme is washed up, 2) Tampa is rebuilding, and they have a young, unproven QB, 3) Atlanta overachieved last year, and has glaring holes on D, and 4) New Orleans is solid, but has alot of question marks on D.

We'll see though-Bills fans have been wanting Dick Jauron's head...but the minute TO goes off, Jauron may need bodyguards when he goes around Buffalo this time around!

tony hipchest
03-08-2009, 03:30 PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00061/pg-61-raiders-getty_61714t.jpgwow. that is scarry and creepy, and im not even talking about the old man al davis pic.

his high school yearbook photo is even more frightenning...

The Pats also signed Shawn Springs(who owned TO at TX Stadium last year), so that's a good point. However-what if Springs, AGAIN, gets hurt? The Pats don't have a corner on their roster(at least for now) that can play press coverage. IOW-TO could potentially have big games against them b/c if you don't press him, he'll easily speed off the line and make plays all over the place.

Also-Trent Edwards' strengths is throwing those short passes, which also happens to be TO's strengths(catches and YATCing those). If I have to fault Jason Garrett, it was that most of the plays he called for Owens were running 15-20 yards down the field almost all the time. I would think Buffalo's OC will have to play into Edwards' strengths, which in turn will be playing into TO's.great points. i think edwards and T.O. will prove to be a good tandem. lee evans streches the fiels and T. Odor picks up the underneath stuff.

I would think the AFCE has a faily easy schedule. The AFCS/NFCS may have been the 2 toughest divisions last year, but not this year. Indy will win the AFCS, but by default b/c 1) Haynesworth is gone, and TN has QB problems, 2) Jacksonville is a big mess, and 3) Houston, well, they're the Texans. The NFCS will be a shell of its former self b/c 1) Carolina had no business winning 1/2 of their games last year before crapping the bed in the playoffs, now they have no #1 pick and Delhomme is washed up, 2) Tampa is rebuilding, and they have a young, unproven QB, 3) Atlanta overachieved last year, and has glaring holes on D, and 4) New Orleans is solid, but has alot of question marks on D.

We'll see though-Bills fans have been wanting Dick Jauron's head...but the minute TO goes off, Jauron may need bodyguards when he goes around Buffalo this time around!things always seem to work out easiest for the patriots. theres no reason to think it will be any tougher for them this season. still, nothing can be as cupcake as the schedule they played last year.

Rek
03-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I actually feel bad for the Bills (worse than usual). They need talent at the WR position so you can't really blame them, but they ended up with the one player that makes a mockery of the sport. It's a lose-lose situation IMO.

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 05:19 PM
The One Year deal is brilliant, it should be the only Type of deal TO gets for the rest of his time in the NFL. This way, you know, you're getting his best each week because every year he's playing for a contract.

I think this could help the Bills, it at least helps their passing game, gives them more options. How does TO play in the cold?

Come on, TO vs Moss Twice a year, that'll be fun stuff to watch.

BrandonCarr39
03-08-2009, 07:52 PM
I actually feel bad for the Bills (worse than usual). They need talent at the WR position so you can't really blame them, but they ended up with the one player that makes a mockery of the sport. It's a lose-lose situation IMO.

Honestly-I think the reason for his bad case of dropsies the last couple of years was b/c of his surgically repared finger 2 years ago. It was in a 2006 wk 2 game when Sean Taylor popped him. His hands just haven't been the same since(i.e. he never showed poor hands in Philly and SF).

HometownGal
03-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Separated at birth:

http://www.fourhorsemen.biz/images/features/skeletor-statue/close.jpg

ShutDown24
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
I think Owens works out great for a year. Look at his track record, he doesn't normally begin causing problems until year two or three. However, I think the move would have been more effective with a team that was just one piece away from a title. The Bills are still several away in my opinion.

SteelersinCA
03-08-2009, 11:00 PM
How does TO play in the cold?

He couldn't catch in Texas stadium, how do you think he'll do in the cold???:flap:

Rek
03-09-2009, 01:56 PM
He couldn't catch in Texas stadium, how do you think he'll do in the cold???:flap:

Remember the December 7th game when Dallas came to Pittsburgh last year? I'd say about the same...:toofunny:

BrandonCarr39
03-09-2009, 02:02 PM
okhiJjuefPw

Kittyfish
03-15-2009, 08:23 AM
I thought Hitler was a Cowboys fan?

Never mind, I LOVE these videos - thanks for bringing it over. Have to say, I didn't see TO shuffling off to Buffalo, but maybe they can make it work...stranger things have happened...

And, HometownGal - I don't know how accurate your "separated at birth" pictures are - I don't think Al Davis is all that buff under his leather jacket.

SteelersTilIDie
03-15-2009, 04:09 PM
wow...just wow i didn't think the bills would go for this, but now between:
TO, Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch, and Trent Edwards with another year under his belt that offense will be a very respectable unit.

lilyoder6
03-15-2009, 04:29 PM
wow...just wow i didn't think the bills would go for this, but now between:
TO, Lee Evans, Marshawn Lynch, and Trent Edwards with another year under his belt that offense will be a very respectable unit.

esp if they get a quality TE in the draft.. like maybe a pettigrew or a coffman in the 2nd

BrandonCarr39
03-18-2009, 11:10 PM
The media machine in Buffalo has already started...

1) Jauron is already being drilled with questions over how he'll be handling TO.

2) Even though it SHOULD BE a non-story, the national media is nonetheless spinning/exagerating an Owens interview like how he's creating trouble by demanding his #81 from his fellow teammate James Hardy.

Again-both of what are non-stories with other teams/players is already starting to get drilled into that team by the media. Even though Owens is on good behavior, this is another backdraw-all the unecessary media attention will wear on the team in the long run. Even the littlest of blurbs will get 24/7 media coverage, and end up driving the fans crazy to boot.