PDA

View Full Version : Random Question

Muppet13
03-07-2009, 08:15 PM
What is your favorite class in high school or what is your favorite memory of high school?:coffee::coffee:

SteelCityMom
03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
History and English were always my favorite classes. Debate and Composition classes were pretty cool too.

Least favorite would have to be math, I did ok in it and made it up to Trig when I was a junior and thankfully didn't have to take a math when I was a senior, but I just hated it. All despite my dad having been a math professor at William and Mary...he hated that I couldn't get into math.

Favorite high school memory would have to be Spanish class. We had the coolest Spanish teacher and every class was a riot. We took some pretty fun class trips for the Spanish club as well and always had a buffet of mexican dishes for Cinco de Mayo in class. Good times.

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Metal Shop!!!

Yeah! Nothing like making a sword over a furnace or melting down aluminum to make a sand casting of a water gun. Torches, Welding, Grinders and Sheet Metal...heck yeah...Metal Shop...Best Class EVER!!!

MACH1
03-08-2009, 01:06 AM
Mechanics, two hour class and we got to test drive the buss's after we fixed them.

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2009, 01:07 AM
What is your favorite class in high school or what is your favorite memory of high school?:coffee::coffee: :scratchchin: probably the sporadic boners......:hunch:

Galax Steeler
03-08-2009, 07:52 AM
I liked p.e it was a change of pace in school.

HometownGal
03-08-2009, 08:15 AM
History first, Chemistry second and Cheerleading third (was that a class? :noidea::chuckle:)

Texasteel
03-08-2009, 08:43 AM
My favorite class was History.

My favorite memory is non of you business.:wink02:

Hammer Of The GODS
03-08-2009, 03:55 PM
History first, Chemistry second and Cheerleading third (was that a class? :noidea::chuckle:)

Watching the cheerleaders! :lust:

And the multiple weekend partys in the woods with the keg in the creek! :alcoholic

SteelCurtain7
03-08-2009, 04:34 PM
I sucked at math and science...things I'd rather forget. :p

English and social studies were my thing. :cool:

Dino 6 Rings
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
Watching the cheerleaders! :lust:

And the multiple weekend partys in the woods with the keg in the creek! :alcoholic

LOL!

My Junior English teacher was also the Cheerleading coach. When you got detention with her, you had to go sit in the gym during cheerleading practice. Best Detention EVER!!!

:applaudit:

xfl2001fan
03-08-2009, 05:20 PM
I kinda fall into the "typical male" where I really enjoyed Math and PE. I also enjoyed lunch, but that was because it such a great social period. My junior year, during lunch, I would either play basketball or just chill and hang out with friends.

During my senior year, it was all pretty much about a girl.

stlrtruck
03-09-2009, 07:09 AM
In high school, it was math. I was good with numbers and it was easy for me

kittenfantastico76
03-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Art, English and History (Social Studies) were my three favorites. I enjoyed science, until they introduced chemistry - I loved biology. I was horrible at math, but to be honest I think that I just didn't apply myself completely. When I did understand it - it was great, I enjoyed figuring out what I called the "puzzles" of each math problem.

It's hard to give a fave memory. I loved a lot about HS and College. I've recently caught up with SO many of my closest friends from HS years on facebook - most of which weren't at our 10 year reunion, but now there will be no worry going to the 15/20 year since I've been chatting with them all the catching up with be much less stressful! (Of course all the mystique of wondering who aged and who go bit or small or whatever will be gone due to facebook pictures) :wink:

kittenfantastico76
03-09-2009, 08:21 AM
I kinda fall into the "typical male" where I really enjoyed Math and PE. I also enjoyed lunch, but that was because it such a great social period. My junior year, during lunch, I would either play basketball or just chill and hang out with friends.

During my senior year, it was all pretty much about a girl.

That's one thing I would have changed if I could if I could go back in time and that was making my whole junior and senior years all about "the boy"... one boy in particular. It's sad when you get out of school, looking back and finding out how many different people may have liked you. I had a ton of guys come out of the wood work (ok more like 3 but to me that's a ton)... saying they really liked me, but didn't want to get in the middle of our relationship etc... CURSES!!! Seriously, all three of them would have treated me better than the guy I stuck with for 5 years of my life... oh well... live and learn, bottom line is I'm still friends with these guys, and not with the ex!

*sigh* high school love. :wink02:

kittenfantastico76
03-09-2009, 08:22 AM
LOL!

My Junior English teacher was also the Cheerleading coach. When you got detention with her, you had to go sit in the gym during cheerleading practice. Best Detention EVER!!!

bwahahahah *snort* I would say so!!!

I remember all my friends who were on the dance squad with me, their brothers would always come play basketball in the gym where we practiced to watch all the girls dance/do high kicks... silly boys!

SteelersMongol
03-09-2009, 09:53 AM
History. No doubt. Enjoyed World History. Still do. :thumbsup:

LOL!

:laughing:

xfl2001fan
03-09-2009, 10:31 AM
That's one thing I would have changed if I could if I could go back in time and that was making my whole junior and senior years all about "the boy"... one boy in particular. It's sad when you get out of school, looking back and finding out how many different people may have liked you. I had a ton of guys come out of the wood work (ok more like 3 but to me that's a ton)... saying they really liked me, but didn't want to get in the middle of our relationship etc... CURSES!!! Seriously, all three of them would have treated me better than the guy I stuck with for 5 years of my life... oh well... live and learn, bottom line is I'm still friends with these guys, and not with the ex!

*sigh* high school love. :wink02:

It really wasn't bad for me. My lunches were spent with "the girl"...but it didn't effect me much.

I didn't really date in HS because I was too busy between youth group and babysitting for my mom (she had 6 kids...and I got stuck doing most of the babysitting the youngest three because I was the only one trustworthy enough to do so.)

Between a busy life, a low self-image and being naive as all getup...opportunities were very slim.

Boot camp changed two of the three items...as my self-image has improved to the point that in some areas, I know I'm downright arrogant (though I try really hard not to show it) and I'm not nearly as naive...because the military will eat you alive if you are. :flap:

xfl2001fan
03-09-2009, 10:32 AM
LOL!

How terrible that must have been! :rofl: I get the feeling that you were a regular troublemaker during your Junior year! :applaudit:

Dino 6 Rings
03-09-2009, 12:34 PM
How terrible that must have been! :rofl: I get the feeling that you were a regular troublemaker during your Junior year! :applaudit:

I got into my share of Trouble in English class that's for sure !!!