PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that likes my signature...

Muppet13
03-07-2009, 09:38 PM
There are new Tommy T. pics at www.cheetahdays.com.
He is now able to travel as a cheetah ambassador more frequently! His trainer takes him and a puppy around to grade schools and parks to educate people about the cheetah conservation project. This great news for such an endangered species.

MasterOfPuppets
03-07-2009, 09:53 PM
:privateeyes:

SteelCityMom
03-07-2009, 11:35 PM
That's awesome! How long do you suppose him and the dog will get along together...I saw some of your older pics on your site and these new ones, and they look really cute together. Seems like they have a lot of fun.

Muppet13
03-08-2009, 10:37 AM
That's awesome! How long do you suppose him and the dog will get along together...I saw some of your older pics on your site and these new ones, and they look really cute together. Seems like they have a lot of fun.

The dog is an atolian shepard. Since the keepers let them play together when they were really little they will get along and be pals for life. In the wild farrmers use those dogs to scare cheetahs away so they won't hurt their lifestock. The alternative would be the farmer shooting the cheetah. That is why the dog is also so important. Zoologists take the cheetah and the dog around to tell people about this. They also take other animal ambassadors around to the farmers and sometimes they even give the farmers a free puppy to grow up with and protect their lifestock!

This is the program I eventually want to work at. I love cheetahs!

kittenfantastico76
03-09-2009, 09:49 AM
gahhhhh SO CUTE! I love big cats and their cubs make me melt!!! Thank you for sharing!

BehindSteelCurtain
03-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I have a quick question...........If by somehow that Cheetah breaks loose, will you ever be able to catch it?

devilsdancefloor
03-11-2009, 11:57 PM
I have a quick question...........If by somehow that Cheetah breaks loose, will you ever be able to catch it?

send willie after it :wink02:

Indo
03-12-2009, 02:17 PM
The dog is an atolian shepard. Since the keepers let them play together when they were really little they will get along and be pals for life. In the wild farrmers use those dogs to scare cheetahs away so they won't hurt their lifestock. The alternative would be the farmer shooting the cheetah. That is why the dog is also so important. Zoologists take the cheetah and the dog around to tell people about this. They also take other animal ambassadors around to the farmers and sometimes they even give the farmers a free puppy to grow up with and protect their lifestock!

This is the program I eventually want to work at. I love cheetahs!

Actually, it's an Anatolian Shepherd....They are typically used as flock guard dogs and can take on and kill wolves pretty easily...

My question is: what happens when the kitty turns into a Cat? Anatolians are usually kept with "their" herd (predator/guardian with the prey animals that they are guarding. What about the two predator species (dog/cheetah) together once they reach maturity?

I'm so jealous you get to hang out with these two amazing animals...

Muppet13
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM

They would be able to lure it back with meat or food.

Muppet13
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Actually, it's an Anatolian Shepherd....They are typically used as flock guard dogs and can take on and kill wolves pretty easily...

My question is: what happens when the kitty turns into a Cat? Anatolians are usually kept with "their" herd (predator/guardian with the prey animals that they are guarding. What about the two predator species (dog/cheetah) together once they reach maturity?

I'm so jealous you get to hang out with these two amazing animals...

Your right I had a spelling error.

They will be fine together since they were raised together. Sort of like if you raise kitten with a puppy. They will remain lifelong friends even though they are natural enemies.

And I don't actually get to hang out with them yet. I just get to see them from a distance. Eventually I might be able to if I keep my grades up and if I work hard in the volunteer program, but I can't join the program for another year or so.

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 04:22 PM
How come it isn't named Chester. I mean, come on.

Although at least it was "Tommy T." and not something like "Jakwumba" or "Maliki" that zoo people give animals all the time because they want to seem all cultural and sensitive by naming it something in Swahili. I swear, animal people have absolutely NO sense of humor when it comes to joking about things like that. I had a relative who worked at the zoo around here, and when they named the new camel "Abdul," I told her I thought a better name would be "Joe" and she just glared at me. Then I asked jokingly if they ever threw anyone in the tiger pit, and I got a lecture about how beautiful and powerful these animals are and how you should never disrespect them, not even making jokes. It's like, shut up, why can't you take a joke?

Muppet13
03-12-2009, 04:26 PM
How come it isn't named Chester. I mean, come on.

Although at least it was "Tommy T." and not something like "Jakwumba" or "Maliki" that zoo people give animals all the time because they want to seem all cultural and sensitive by naming it something in Swahili. I swear, animal people have absolutely NO sense of humor when it comes to joking about things like that. I had a relative who worked at the zoo around here, and when they named the new camel "Abdul," I told her I thought a better name would be "Joe" and she just glared at me. Then I asked jokingly if they ever threw anyone in the tiger pit, and I got a lecture about how beautiful and powerful these animals are and how you should never disrespect them, not even making jokes. It's like, shut up, why can't you take a joke?

Not saying I wouldn't lecture you too, but I get what your saying. Some of the animals here have better names. We have George the monkey and Simba the lion.

Muppet13
04-14-2009, 09:04 AM
There are more new pictures at www.cheetahdays.com.