PDA

View Full Version : My Dream Steelers Draft

SteelersTilIDie
03-07-2009, 10:28 PM
1. Larry English OLB Northern Illinois-Supposed to be the next LaMarr Woodley and if he is available he could replace Harrison in 2 yrs.
2. Jamon Meredith, OT South Carolina-Athletic OT that could potentially start right away.
3. Jarron Gilbert, DE San Jose State-3-4 DE that we desperately need because ours are both old.
4. Pat White, ATH West Virginia-He already wants to be a Steeler and with a team this good there is always room for a great athlete.
5. AQ Shipley, C Penn State-Center who can also play guard to help our OL.
6. Mike Wallace, WR Ole Miss-Speedy receiver who is raw but had flashes of greatness in their bowl game.
7. Jarrett Dillard, WR Rice-Also wants to be a Steeler and he is a phenomenal athlete, plus its the seventh round have some fun.
7. Anthony Scirrotto, S Penn State-hard hitting safety that could definitely be a legit special-teamer and maybe even get some time on D.

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 12:08 AM
Gilbert and Dilliard are the only 2 I can see being drafted by us.

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2009, 01:04 AM
not that i wouldn't like having English, but there's much bigger holes to fill than OLBer....they can always draft one next next year,and even franchise harrison if need be this will be footes last year, so ILBer depth is probably the bigger need.. don't you think 3 wr's is a bit much ? especially since they're probably gonna lose a starting cornerback...:doh:

slashsteel
03-08-2009, 01:11 AM
Shipley is a Steeler type of guy but he will not be there so late in the draft IMO. I didn't think it was a bad draft. I just think it is unrealistic because of the placement of players. I don't see Ship as I mentioned & Gilbert & White available in the slots that you picked said players. I think those three will be drafted earlier. Possibly even Wallace along the same line of thinking.......... :tt02:

steelerdave1969
03-08-2009, 11:24 AM
If we could get English in the 2nd round I wouldnt mind him at all, but that wont happen I am sure. C Shipley and WR Dillard I would love to see in Black n Gold

Steely McSmash
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I concurr that White and Gilbert won't be available at those picks.

English may even be gone since some teams are re-tooling as 3-4 teams. Anyway Bruce Davis is the next Lamarr Woodley.

Not sure why we'd draft Shipley. We already have 3 centers on the roster and he's not really of the size to be a standout in the NFL. I think we need Tackles and Guards more-so. Don't forget that next year all our starters at tackle will be UFA (again).

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree that this would not be MY dream draft.

Shipley will probably go in the 4th or later as he is a center that cant play guard and doesnt have ideal size. English will go probably before #32 and we have bigger needs. I like Meridith, and dont think Gilbert lasts that late.

My Dream draft would be

#1 William Beatty OT
#2 Fili Moala DE
#3a Luis Vasquez OG
#3b Mark Parsons CB
#4 Jasper Brinkley ILB
#5 Quan Cosby WR
#6 Quinn Johnson FB
#7a Antonio Dixon NT
#7b Dan Gay OT

provided we get a comp pick in the 3rd and 7th.

St33lersguy
03-10-2009, 09:14 PM
The Steelers are set at LB, they don't need English

Texasteel
03-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I agree that this would not be MY dream draft.

Shipley will probably go in the 4th or later as he is a center that cant play guard and doesnt have ideal size. English will go probably before #32 and we have bigger needs. I like Meridith, and dont think Gilbert lasts that late.

My Dream draft would be

#1 William Beatty OT
#2 Fili Moala DE
#3a Luis Vasquez OG
#3b Mark Parsons CB
#4 Jasper Brinkley ILB
#5 Quan Cosby WR
#6 Quinn Johnson FB
#7a Antonio Dixon NT
#7b Dan Gay OT

provided we get a comp pick in the 3rd and 7th.

You know I like it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
You know I like it.

Thanks. And you know......the only thing that may be a stretch is Quinn Johnson sliding to the 6th round.

I could ammend it to be OT/G Gerald Cadogin 6th round and 7b. Frank "the tank" Summers RB/FB and would be fine with that too.