32. Steelers C Alex Mack California

I could also see the Steelers selecting these players as well in the 1st round
DE Tyson Jackson LSU
or OG Duke Robinson Oklahoma
C Max Unger Oregon
Just to mention a couple

Steely McSmash
03-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I wonder what the chances are of the 3 USC LB going in round one?

Andre Smith to the lions is a curious pick since he was out of shape at the combine. Then again the lions are a curious team...

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 12:40 PM
Curry goes to K.c. at number 3.

Texasteel
03-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Did you intend to leave Beatty, and Britton off your Steelers watch list?

lilyoder6
03-08-2009, 01:26 PM
i like the idea u have the eagles selecting a rb in the 1st rd.. but to select 2 rb's in the 1st rd.. no sry.. i say they could use the 1st 1st rder on a te and then the 2nd 1st rounder they would use a rb

steelerdave1969
03-09-2009, 12:44 PM
i like the idea u have the eagles selecting a rb in the 1st rd.. but to select 2 rb's in the 1st rd.. no sry.. i say they could use the 1st 1st rder on a te and then the 2nd 1st rounder they would use a rb

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, sometimes I need alot of help :wink02:

I will try to fix my mistake soon:coffee:

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 12:58 PM

Andre Smith to the lions is a curious pick since he was out of shape at the combine. Then again the lions are a curious team...
i'd say very good.

steelerdave1969
03-09-2009, 01:04 PM

I think Smith is the main man to take that job over in Detroit, the guy is a beast and he will be in better shape for his pro day I am sure.
I really think that all 3 will go 1st round, since Clay Matthews has been rising pretty fast during the combine week and Senior Bowl week, but maybe I am wrong, I have been before... :wink02:

steelerdave1969
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Did you intend to leave Beatty, and Britton off your Steelers watch list?

Britton would be on my list for sure, but not Beatty unless he is there in the 2nd round maybe.

steelerdave1969
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Curry goes to K.c. at number 3.

He is the best at his position and yeh I think he goes that early. Alot of mocks have him going 2nd and some even have him going to Detroit at no.1 so we all know that anything can happen. These are just things that I think they should do, of course they arent calling my home asking me who they should take either...
:chuckle:

Texasteel
03-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Britton would be on my list for sure, but not Beatty unless he is there in the 2nd round maybe.

A month ago I would have agreed with you, but he showed up at the combine with the extra size I wanted and showed a strength I didn't thing he had. He did it without losing any of his quickness at all. That caught my attention.

St33lersguy
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I think that a lot of FOs will disagree with this mock draft. Examples: The Colts will not pass up Peria Jerry for a RB, Andy Ried does not get a tackle in 2 1st round picks? Redskins don't need a QB. I doubt Bill Parcels passes up a top 15 talent like Cushing for a 2nd round CB of course I would have NE selecting Cushing over Clay Matthews among other things. Very different mock draft from other sites

steelerdave1969
03-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Thanks for all the input everyone. I Think that Andy Reid and the Eagles should not take an offensive lineman and the signing of the Andrews brother sends me that messege that they are set there for now, atleast not in the 1st round. I also think that Beatty helped himself for sure, but I dont think he is a 1st rounder, of course this is just my opinions on these players. And I think that the Rams are for sure gonna be looking at OT at no.2 now that they released Orlando Pace. So I am sticking with my top 3 selections for sure, cause the Chiefs need defensive help and they will be getting one of the top LB's in this springs' draft in Curry.
Again, thanks for all the input and things may change before the draft I am sure some will.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-10-2009, 09:56 PM
The Eagles lost Tra Thomas in free agency and Jon Runyan is a 14 year veteran coming off microfracture surgery. Stacy Andrews is gonna play RT...........so the Eagles WILL use one of their 1st round picks on a OT.

Winston Justice and Chris Patrick are the only OT prospects on the Eagles roster and neither is a good option at LT. I would not be surprised to see the Eagles try and move up to get Oher, or even sign a vet like Marvel Smith.

The Eagles have a worse LT situation than the Steelers do.

steelerdave1969
03-11-2009, 12:45 PM
Mr. Jackson, I maybe wrong here bud and thats fine. You bring up good points about the Eagles and maybe they will do what you think they will, it does sound like they are in alot of trouble at the LT position for sure.
But I also think that the Steelers are gonna be alot better on the line this upcoming season even if they dont draft an OT or OG in the 1st round. I think we can get good players in the 2nd round on for sure. I guess we will have to wait and see

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
i don't think the eagles will pass up on another good prospect to get oher...

i think they can get a good OT at 22 or where they pick and then could get pettigrew if he is still there at 28

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Mr. Jackson, I maybe wrong here bud and thats fine. You bring up good points about the Eagles and maybe they will do what you think they will, it does sound like they are in alot of trouble at the LT position for sure.
But I also think that the Steelers are gonna be alot better on the line this upcoming season even if they dont draft an OT or OG in the 1st round. I think we can get good players in the 2nd round on for sure. I guess we will have to wait and see

I agree that we can pick up good prospects on the O line in the 2nd and 3rd round. Most guards and centers are not graded as 1st round talents........especially in this class.

I hope that William Beatty is available at #32, but really doubt it. He honestly is a better pass protector than Andre Smith and guys that can play LT are at a premium....where guards and RT's are later round guys like you say.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
i don't think the eagles will pass up on another good prospect to get oher...

i think they can get a good OT at 22 or where they pick and then could get pettigrew if he is still there at 28

Did LJ Smith leave Philly?? I think Pettigrew is a good TE, but kind of think like the Eagles beat reporter said on NFL network that they need a RB and OT in the 1st round. He projected Eben Britton and any 1 of Moreno, Wells, McKoy..........but you never know I guess.

steelerdave1969
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
In the next couple days I will redo some of this 1st round, with the collapse of OT Smith from Alabama, it has thrown the 1st round of mine for a big "Fat" loop.. that guy just showed up at the combine and then said out of the blue " I am not going to perform " then he shows up at his pro day and is still so fat and out of shape and showed just how really weak he is when he could only do 19 reps of 225 lbs today.. that is sad for someone that is supposed to be the top OT in the April Draft..

steelerdave1969
03-11-2009, 06:50 PM
My first version of this draft looked like this

1. Lions OT Andre Smith Alabama
2. Rams OT Jason Smith Baylor
3. Chiefs WR Michael Crabtree TX Tech
4. Seattle QB Matt Stafford Georgia
5. Browns LB Aaron Curry Wake Forest
6. Bengals DT B.J. Raji Boston College
7. Raiders WR Jeremy Maclin Missouri
8. Jaguars OT Eugene Monroe Virginia
9. Packers DE Brian Orapko Texas
10. 49ers ILB Rey Mauluga USC
11. Bills DB Malcolm Jenkins Ohio State
12. Broncos DB Vontae Davis Illinois
13. Redskins QB Mark Sanchez USC
14. Saints DE Everrett Brown Florida State
15. Texans WR Hakeem Nicks UNC
16. Chargers ILB James Laurinaitis Ohio State
17. Jets WR Percy Harvin Florida
18. Bears QB Josh Freeman Kansas State
19. Buccaneers DE/LB Larry English N. Illinois
20. Lions OT Michael Oher Ole Miss
21. Eagles RB Donald Brown Connecticut
22. Vikings WR Darius Howard-Bey Maryland
23. Patriots LB Clay Matthews USC
24. Falcons TE Brandon Pettigrew Oklahoma State
25. Dolphins DB Sean Smith Utah
26. Ravens LB Brian Cushing USC
27. Colts RB Knowshon Mareno Georgia
28. Eagles DT Evander Hood Missouri
29. Giants WR Kenny Britt Rutgers
30. Titans DT Peria Jerry Ole Miss
31. Cardinals RB Chris Wells Ohio State
32. Steelers C Alex Mack California

I think that OT Andre Smith from Alabama just performed his way down to atleast the Raiders at no.7 and a guarenteed spot on the 1st or 2nd worst organization in the league