PDA

View Full Version : Who would you most want to see go to the next superbowl vs the Steelers?

Muppet13
03-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I really don't know who I would want to see. I just want to see the Steelers get there again asap.

jev7452
03-08-2009, 05:59 PM
lets not get too ahead of ourselves now! but if i had to choice, hmmm.. i would go with the eagles to get that PA super bowl

but i know i'd like to see them play the pats in the AFCCG.. determine the team of the decade officially

NEPAsteeler
03-08-2009, 06:00 PM
IF.....IF they make it.

Lions.

Well, we seem to be attracting first time Super Bowl teams lately (Seahawks/Cards), so why not? :chuckle:

SteelersTilIDie
03-08-2009, 06:34 PM
cowboys, then beat their a$$

Steel-Bryan
03-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Cowgirls :cheer:

4xSBChamps
03-08-2009, 06:52 PM
lets not get too ahead of ourselves now! but if i had to choice, hmmm.. i would go with the eagles.....

+ tax..... ya just cain't beat a team from Philthadelphia often-enough, or bad-enough!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/EaglesSuperBowlTrophyCase.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/PHYLERS-SUCK-evenyourpaste-eatingki.jpg

might-as-well rub Thugdell's nose in it while we're at it, too!
:tt02:

steeltheone
03-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Who Cares

SC Steeler Steve
03-08-2009, 07:24 PM
THE FALCONS, Just because they are my favorite NFC team. But then it would be DOWN WITH THE FALCONS...

SteelersLUFC
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
THE FALCONS, Just because they are my favorite NFC team. But then it would be DOWN WITH THE FALCONS...

First of all one team = one league
i would thought tomlin was being quite negative with all this repeat impossible stuff
and would love to see the steelers beat the eagles

SteelShooter
03-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Dallas! Then we could show that SB XXX was a fluke!

Wouldn't it be great to hit #7 against them! That would put us at 3 out of 4 against those little cretins. LMAO!!!!!!

KeiselPower99
03-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Arizona. Just so we can see Fitz say No one more time.

scsteeler
03-08-2009, 10:15 PM
Without a doubt the Cowgirls. We have to remind them that we still own their A#$'s.

Dodt
03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
eagles just to rub it it little eddy's face.

tony hipchest
03-08-2009, 11:14 PM
lets see...

last year it was the cardinals, so i hope next year it is the DETROIT LIONS!

:tt02:

Preacher
03-08-2009, 11:28 PM
49ers.

Out here, they are saying, "Well, we are still undefeated in the SB, Steelers aren't."

So yeah, I wold like to see the 49ers come and be defeated.

fansince'76
03-08-2009, 11:36 PM
49ers.

Out here, they are saying, "Well, we are still undefeated in the SB, Steelers aren't."

6 > 5. Their point = moot. With a little luck, maybe the Niners will actually become relevant again in another decade or two. :coffee:

Preacher
03-09-2009, 12:13 AM
6 > 5. Their point = moot. With a little luck, maybe the Niners will actually become relevant again in another decade or two. :coffee:

Actually, to their credit, it was somewhat tongue-in-cheek... The "yeah, we suck, but at least we still have THIS to hold on too!"

Galax Steeler
03-09-2009, 03:31 AM
I would like to face Green Bay.

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 03:41 AM
i would like to say the cowboys, but i'm just sooooo, enjoying throwing thier lack of playoff win streak in cowboy fans faces.....:thumbsup: .... sio i'll go with the iggles....can you imagine what ANOTHER late season disappointment will do to them iggle asshat fans ??? they'd burn the city down !!! :toofunny: here's what would happen to mcnabb, and reed.....
http://bangcartoon.com/2008/birdbrains.htm

XxKnightxX
03-09-2009, 09:21 AM
hahahahaha funny cartoon

http://bangcartoon.com/2008/postgameplats.htm (THE REAL SUPER BOWL POST GAME INTERVIEW)

Justano
03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
I would like to see Pittsburgh and Philadelphia face off there if they both make it but philadelphia lost too many key players this offseason... and pittsburgh needs to get some good draft picks...

4xSBChamps
03-09-2009, 10:01 AM
hahahahaha funny cartoon

http://bangcartoon.com/2008/postgameplats.htm (THE REAL SUPER BOWL POST GAME INTERVIEW)

I believe that is the first-time Holmgren has spoken since Super Bowl XL without crying or whining

http://www.walrus.org.uk/walrus.jpg

iceman000123
03-09-2009, 10:19 AM
I want to battle off against the eagles with more on the line then a lombardi trophy. I want to see a loser leaves PA. But thats just me

CanadianSteel
03-09-2009, 10:37 AM
I say continue the streak of someone making first appearance from the NFC only to gte beat down by the Steelers...

So I will go with Lions....:applaudit:

steelreserve
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
49ers.

So yeah, I wold like to see the 49ers come and be defeated.

Who's saying that? I haven't heard any 49ers fans saying that around here. Most of them are well aware that their team sucks right now and it's not a very good time to be making " best ever" claims. The Super Bowl is such a distant memory it barely even seems real anymore.

steelreserve
03-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Oh, also, if we face anyone in the Super Bowl, I'd like it to be the fricking Packers. It won't be the same without Brett Favre to kick around, but I've long had a distaste for them and their meathead fans. So seeing us kick their asses up and down the field would make me extra happy.

SteelersLUFC
03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
yeah im sick of the whole we ve got 12 chaampionships thing

4xSBChamps
03-09-2009, 12:12 PM
I want to battle off against the eagles with more on the line then a lombardi trophy.

I want to see a loser leaves PA.

..... what makes you think New Jersey'll take 'em, or wants them anymore than the rest of us?

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/test/PHLYERS-LosersSince75.jpg

MaidenIndiana
03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
1. Cowboys I'm still pissed about SB XXX, this time O'Donnel won't be throwing to Brown
2. Eagles -Cause anything from Philly sucks and needs to be beat down
3. Seafags - Just cause they're still whining about SB XL, show them it was no fluke
4. Vikings -Kind of complete the circle, back where it all started
5. Giants- Since we can't beat up Peyton inthe SB let's beat up his punk-ass brother
6. Bears - Monsters of the Midway my ASS

SteelTalons
03-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Steelers v Cowboys. I know to many Cowbell fans. What a better way to shut them up than send them home with nothing? :laughing:

SteelersLUFC
03-09-2009, 12:40 PM
1. Cowboys I'm still pissed about SB XXX, this time O'Donnel won't be throwing to Brown
2. Eagles -Cause anything from Philly sucks and needs to be beat down
3. Seafags - Just cause they're still whining about SB XL, show them it was no fluke
4. Vikings -Kind of complete the circle, back where it all started
5. Giants- Since we can't beat up Peyton inthe SB let's beat up his punk-ass brother
6. Bears - Monsters of the Midway my ASS

what about the carolina panthers

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Seahawks, by 45-0 or more. Then we won't have to hear them say, "The Refs gave it to you..." anymore.

Vincent
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
lets not get too ahead of ourselves now! but if i had to choice, hmmm.. i would go with the eagles to get that PA super bowl
but i know i'd like to see them play the pats in the AFCCG.. determine the team of the decade officially

I think we'd have to win three against the cheats to be "TotD", and we're running out of decade.

Dallas! Then we could show that SB XXX was a fluke! Wouldn't it be great to hit #7 against them! That would put us at 3 out of 4 against those little cretins. LMAO!!!!!!

That whudn't no fluke. Mr Jones paid good money for that game. :sofunny:

Yes, beating the cowfelons in any game is sweet. Winning number 7 at their expense would be exceptional.

49ers. Out here, they are saying, "Well, we are still undefeated in the SB, Steelers aren't." So yeah, I wold like to see the 49ers come and be defeated.

I lived in the Bay Area during the 70s when these were called 49er Ponchos...

http://www.telecommunications-b2b.com/b2b/pics/Paper_Toilet_Seat_Cover.jpg

... and the team was called the 4th & Niners. :rofl:

I'll never forget the night Moscone and Milk were shot and the Steelers had just rolled the Niners at the Stick on MNF. Barry Tompkins was in such a snit he wouldn't show the highlights. Ah, the memories.

But yes, I'd love to get our 8th at the Niners' expense.

Although, I think we're getting somewhat ahead of ourselves. :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Eagles -Cause anything from Philly sucks and needs to be beat down

"..... No stimulus-plan

http://www.the700level.com/images/2008/09/19/ed_rendell.jpg

for YOU!!!!!"

Bigben87
03-09-2009, 01:11 PM
I would like to face Green Bay.

I'd like to see Green Bay as well. As a supporter of the Pack in the NFC, it would be hard to root for or against either team. However, I do want to see Ben get a rightfully-earned Super Bowl MVP title. Although, more than anything, I'd like to see a Cowgirls/Steelers match up...because Dallas fans need their inflated egos to get busted my America's true team.

OneForTheToe
03-09-2009, 01:28 PM
Who's saying that? I haven't heard any 49ers fans saying that around here. Most of them are well aware that their team sucks right now and it's not a very good time to be making " best ever" claims. The Super Bowl is such a distant memory it barely even seems real anymore.

It it is hard to believe the Niners even had a dynasty. Subsequent to the death of Bill Walsh, there isn't really even a face to the their former greatness. The owner of the team is gone and disgraced. Few, if any, of the former players seem enthusiastic about being associated with the franchise. The contrasts to the Steelers stable ownership and and our former players' actions are stark.

To the question at hand ....... If I had to rank who I would like us to play, I'd put the Niners at 5. Ten years ago they might have been my first choice to play in a Super Bowl, but for the reasons above it doesn't seem as relevent anymore

As for the rest:
4) Gnats - mostly to see Ben get his third ring against a member of Manning Brood.

3) Packers - don't hate the Packers at all. I just think the game would be a testimate to what is right about the NFL. A team from Green Bay Wisconsin and the other from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania would pull in bigger ratings and create more interest than potential World Series between the NY "Stankies" and the LA "Mannies." It's why the NFL, with all of its problems, still has no equal among sports' leagues.

2) Cowgirls - no explanation needed.

1) Cryhawks - I just want to beat them by 30. I don't think there has ever been a bigger group of p**sies put on a helmet. Saw an interview with Hasselbeck during Super Bowl week where the reporter asked him to play word association game. In response to the word "loser' he said "Steelers." And then quickly showed that stupid smirk and said "just joking." It is similar to what he did when he called Ben a girl in front of a School classroom.

Memo to Matt - you lost the game. You threw an int late in the game that ended any chance of winning. You threw the int, not the Steelers nor the Refs. Oh, and here is the tally: Ben Rothlisberger 2 Super Bowl Rings - Matt "Elisabeth" Hasselbeck 0 Super Bowl Rings. The Walrus is gone, but the image of Hasselbeck pouting on the sidelines as the Steelers pound the "cryhawks" would be joyous.

steelreserve
03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
It it is hard to believe the Niners even had a dynasty. Subsequent to the death of Bill Walsh, there isn't really even a face to the their former greatness. The owner of the team is gone and disgraced. Few, if any, of the former players seem enthusiastic about being associated with the franchise. The contrasts to the Steelers stable ownership and and our former players' actions are stark.

I think that's the key to the whole 49ers debacle right there. Both on the football side and on the glory-of-the-franchise side. Eddie DeBartolo not only understood how to win, he was, by all accounts, a good guy who treated the players well. The new guy was an egocentric, ball-busting prick whose first declaration upon taking control of the team was, "My brother-in-law only cared about winning Super Bowls; I want to run the 49ers more like a business." Yeah, have fun trying to sell people on that.

It didn't help that he knew nothing about football and refused to get out of the way. Or that the team now had an owner that was picked as the result of a legal settlement. Or that he pretty much lucked into running the team because he happened to be sleeping with DeBartolo's sister. Pretty much since he took over, the new owner has been talking about moving the team 50 miles south to Silicon Valley if he doesn't get a new $1 billion stadium.

No one was going to get behind that type of shit. I don't blame any players, past or present, for distancing themselves from that train wreck. Who in the hell would want to support that, much less play for the guy? You even see it with the fans -- go to a game, and you'll see far, FAR more people wearing Montana, Rice and Lott jerseys than any of the current players. It's like, even the fans refuse to acknowledge the new regime. It's just deflating, frustrating, and sucks out all reason for optimism. From that standpoint, it's almost worse to be a 49ers fan than a Raiders fan. At least with Al Davis, you get the sense that he's being aggressive and trying to win, even if he's going about it completely the wrong way. The new 49ers ownership never new how to win and only makes half-assed efforts.

It also really goes to show that for all the attention a star player or a coach might get, having good ownership is still the absolute key to the whole thing. There is no doubt in my mind that if they had the same owner, the 49ers would still be contending for championships on a somewhat regular basis. Just be glad the Rooneys figured out how to keep the team family-owned. Because the fact that a 20-year dynasty could collapse so fast and so completely is proof that it could happen anywhere.

Harrison92
03-09-2009, 03:08 PM
Cowgirls

AllD
03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
If the Steelers faced the Giants in the SB, it would make huge ratings. Very appropriate for #7.

Cowgirls as a second choice, but they might not even make the playoffs again.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Cowboys. Time for revenge!

I would like to beat the Pats in the championship game, but I would rather see them have a losing record from now until eternity.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-09-2009, 06:08 PM
The Eagles, I would love to stomp them in the Super Bowl.

HometownGal
03-09-2009, 09:26 PM
If Favre were still with the Pack, I'd say Green Bay, but I think I'd like to see a Steelers/Cryboys rematch.

alittlejazzbird
03-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Definitely Dallas. No contest there - a Steelers/Cowboys matchup, mainly because I'm still nursing a grudge over Super Bowl XXX, and I enjoy seeing the Steelers pound them into submission at any opportunity.

It would be a ratings avalanche, no doubt, so the network and advertisers would love it as well,

Stevo
03-11-2009, 05:52 AM
I can't believe more people haven't seen the best team for the Steelers to beat in the Super Bowl........... San Francisco 49ers.

Pittsburgh is 6-1 in the SB. SF is 5-0.

Right now they are the only team that can lay claim to anything close to the Steelers organization, because they are still undefeated in the Super Bowl. But a win over the 49ers would make Pittsburgh 7-1, and SF a very forgettable 5-1.

The Steelers should have played (and beaten) them back in the 1994 season when the Chargers layed an egg and embarassed the AFC in Super Bowl XXIX.

CPanther95
03-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Dallas! Then we could show that SB XXX was a fluke!

Wouldn't it be great to hit #7 against them! That would put us at 3 out of 4 against those little cretins. LMAO!!!!!!

Definitely not Dallas for two reasons:

1) They're still saying that historically they're the best because they have 8 SB appearances vs our 7.

2) That would mean that they would break their playoff victory drought. I love pointing out to Cowboys fans that only 5 teams in the league have gone longer without a playoff win - 17 teams have been to the SB since then - 9 NFC teams have been to a SB since then.

hindes204
03-11-2009, 06:55 AM
I can't believe more people haven't seen the best team for the Steelers to beat in the Super Bowl........... San Francisco 49ers.

Pittsburgh is 6-1 in the SB. SF is 5-0.

Right now they are the only team that can lay claim to anything close to the Steelers organization, because they are still undefeated in the Super Bowl. But a win over the 49ers would make Pittsburgh 7-1, and SF a very forgettable 5-1.

The Steelers should have played (and beaten) them back in the 1994 season when the Chargers layed an egg and embarassed the AFC in Super Bowl XXIX.

Nice.......i agree

MaidenIndiana
03-11-2009, 10:44 PM
what about the carolina panthers

Carolina has never done anything to get me excited about them, they just kinda exist. However let them be the Steelers opponent in a SB and well... a Panther is really just a big pu**y

JHSilverback
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Cowgirls

4xSBChamps
03-12-2009, 02:36 AM
Carolina has never done anything to get me excited about them, they just kinda exist. However let them be the Steelers opponent in a SB and well... a Panther is really just a big pu**y

What's-new, pu**y-cat, Whoa-a-Whoa-haa-whoa.....

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200708/20070831pd_steelers_0830_b1_330.jpg

duz yinz-guyz got any Lombardi Trophies yet?

FredScott
03-12-2009, 04:56 AM
I'd like to see us play the Cowboys again and make up for 95 when O'Donnell threw those 2 horrible INT's to cost us the game.

MongoSteeler
03-12-2009, 05:52 AM
I'd like to see them play Minnesota for the history and the fact it should be a really good game.

My second choice would be the Giants. Two great defensive teams both with great tradition and histories.

The Cowboys and the 9ers have both fallen on hard times and I don't like to see anyone kicked when their down. It's enough that thier down there.

Dino 6 Rings
03-12-2009, 10:54 AM
If the Steelers faced the Giants in the SB, it would make huge ratings. Very appropriate for #7.

Cowgirls as a second choice, but they might not even make the playoffs again.

I agree with this 100%

I'd love to punch the Giants right in the face in the Super Bowl and shut up their Loud Mouth Fans with a swift kick to the nuts as well.

Plus its NY, so we'd get all kinds of "hangers on" for the bandwagon fans, there wouldn't be a Cinderella, it would be Best Franchise vs Biggest City, a real Fan base vs a Real Fan base.

I'd enjoy squashing the Giants very much.

Cowboys, only because I'm bitter over Superbowl 30 still. But they aren't viable, no playoff wins since 96? Whats the fun in beating up on that Pathetic Franchise. At least the Giants won the Superbowl Last year.

Muppet13
03-12-2009, 03:33 PM
I personally want to see a Cowboys vs. Steelers superbowl because the other ones were before I was born.

steelerdave1969
03-12-2009, 06:31 PM
This is the way I would like to see the postseason go...:coffee:

Steelers def Dolphins
Patriots def Ravens

AFC Tittle
Steelers def Patriots

Super Bowl XLIV

Steelers
def
Panthers

steelerdave1969
03-12-2009, 06:32 PM
I personally want to see a Cowboys vs. Steelers superbowl because the other ones were before I was born.

Dude, does this mean your not even in your mid-teens?
:wink02:

iceman000123
03-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Definitely not Dallas for two reasons:

1) They're still saying that historically they're the best because they have 8 SB appearances vs our 7.

2) That would mean that they would break their playoff victory drought. I love pointing out to Cowboys fans that only 5 teams in the league have gone longer without a playoff win - 17 teams have been to the SB since then - 9 NFC teams have been to a SB since then.

Exactly. I enjoyed until, this previous season, Dallas getting the playoffs every year just to lose in the first round. That always made my day. but watching them get raped by the eagles in last game of the reg season was something else. Dallas fans already keep talking about how they've been to the most bowls. well once we take that away from them, I wanna see what their fans have to say.

4xSBChamps
03-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Dallas fans already keep talking about how they've been to the most bowls. well once we take that away from them, I wanna see what their fans have to say.

"..... if Larry Cole woulda just got to Bradshaw's head a fraction of a second earlier on that 64-yard pass to Swann....."

"..... Lambert shoulda got thrown-out of Super Bowl X....."

"..... if Jackie Smith woulda just held-on to that pass from Staubach....."

"..... we never interfered with Lynn Swann....."

"..... if my Aunt had a pee-pee, she'd been my Uncle....."

iceman000123
03-13-2009, 10:31 AM
"..... if Larry Cole woulda just got to Bradshaw's head a fraction of a second earlier on that 64-yard pass to Swann....."

And there we have it folks. Cheers to another millennium of complaining cowboys fans
:drink:

SteelersMongol
03-13-2009, 10:53 AM
NFC team? Wow there r just so many of em I'd like us 2 play against. How about em Giants, now?

4xSBChamps
03-13-2009, 11:02 AM
NFC team? Wow there r just so many of em I'd like us 2 play against. How about em Giants, now?

..... if Plexiglass plays, is he allowed to carry?

:noidea:

ricksteelers55
03-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Id like to see Steelers vs Bucs,my best friend's favorite team and also because of Tomlin vs Raheem

4xSBChamps
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Id like to see Steelers vs Bucs,my best friend's favorite team and also because of Tomlin vs Raheem

I'm an hour from Tampa, and the Bucs' forum is hilarious...... firsts they were silivating about getting Cassels from the Pats, and now they have the screaming thigh-sweats for Cutler in Denver

clevestinks
03-13-2009, 01:46 PM
I would lke to see us play detroit ! LOL

SteelShooter
03-14-2009, 01:43 AM
hahahahaha funny cartoon

:rofl: :sofunny: :danceshout: :applaudit: LMAO!!!!!!! :applaudit: :danceshout: :sofunny: :rofl:

cowboykilla
03-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Who CaresRIGHT!!!!!!!:noidea:

Muppet13
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM

woulda coulda shoulda but didn't:chuckle: