PDA

View Full Version : Draft day trade surprises?

BrandonCarr39
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
What draft day trade surprises will happen next month, in your opinions?

Just off the top of my head...

1) Philly trades one of their backup OL(Winston Justice, Max Jean-Gilles, King Dunlap, etc) + a draft pick to Zona for Boldin.

2) Philly somehow steals Ocho Cinco from Cincy for a 3rd rounder(ala the Pats getting Moss for a mere 4th rounder 2 years ago). OR a 5th rounder + Sheldon Brown.

3) Philly trades McNabb to the Jets for their 2009 2nd/3rd + 2010 1st OR Minny for the same.

4) Pats trade Richard Seymour to the Browns for a 2nd rounder...which gives them FIVE 2nd's to wheel and deal all they want. From there, they could trade 2 of these 2nd's to Philly for Sheldon Brown.

5) Jethro, with his abundance of picks sans a #1, trades up either into the 1st round or into higher positions in the 2nd to draft a S or LB.

Blitzburgh_Fever
03-08-2009, 09:58 PM
What draft day trade surprises will happen next month, in your opinions?

Just off the top of my head...

1) Philly trades one of their backup OL(Winston Justice, Max Jean-Gilles, King Dunlap, etc) + a draft pick to Zona for Boldin.

2) Philly somehow steals Ocho Cinco from Cincy for a 3rd rounder(ala the Pats getting Moss for a mere 4th rounder 2 years ago). OR a 5th rounder + Sheldon Brown.

3) Philly trades McNabb to the Jets for their 2009 2nd/3rd + 2010 1st OR Minny for the same.

4) Pats trade Richard Seymour to the Browns for a 2nd rounder...which gives them FIVE 2nd's to wheel and deal all they want. From there, they could trade 2 of these 2nd's to Philly for Sheldon Brown.

5) Jethro, with his abundance of picks sans a #1, trades up either into the 1st round or into higher positions in the 2nd to draft a S or LB.

These range the gamut of maybe possible to not gonna happen.

1.) I could kinda see this happen, but for some reason I think Arizona is deadset on staying proud and keeping Boldin on lockdown. Not to mention Arizona has a pretty solid OL that gels well together.

2.) I could see CJ going to Philly for a 3rd rounder. Don't think they'd give up Brown when their secondary has already lost Dawkins and Lito Sheppard

3.) That's a tough one. I doubt they let go of McNabb. Don't think Kolb is ready to take over that offense.

4.) Seymour is 29, doubt he'd go for a second.

I could see LJ, LT, and possibly Boldin (still think Arizona is legitimate in their claims) as the big trades. Anything else will likely be picks and minor players.

MasterOfPuppets
03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
carolina trades peppers for a first rd pick..... green bay ? san fran ?

lilyoder6
03-08-2009, 10:54 PM
i think the chargers may use LT as trade bait to see what they can get...

ShutDown24
03-08-2009, 10:54 PM
carolina trades peppers for a first rd pick..... green bay ? san fran ?

Peppers only wants to play in a 3-4.

The Duke
03-08-2009, 11:08 PM
Peppers only wants to play in a 3-4.

The packers are 3-4 now. Well, a hybrid for this season, but they are heading there

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Peppers only wants to play in a 3-4.and thats why i've listed 3-4 teams...:nana: ....i'd also throw denver in the mix

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 06:48 AM
the question is....who has the cap room to sign these trade wannabe's ? Tampa has a pile of money to play with, they need a receiver, so would they make a play for bolden?

steelreserve
03-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Detroit takes Sanchez with the #1 pick and tries to trade down, but just then, the zombie attack happens and the draft is overrun. There are no survivors.

Hours later, the Air Force carpet bombs New York City in a last desperate attempt to stop the outbreak from spreading. When that fails and it becomes apparent that all of America will be consumed in the zombie holocaust, the NFL cancels all 16 regular-season games and declares the Patriots the champions.

Now THAT would surprise me.

edit: Except for the part about the Patriots.

ShutDown24
03-09-2009, 04:31 PM
and thats why i've listed 3-4 teams...:nana: ....i'd also throw denver in the mix

The last I knew San Francisco didn't play in a 3-4?

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
The last I knew San Francisco didn't play in a 3-4?
As a 3-4, the Packers will join the Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, San Francisco 49ers, New England Patriots, Dallas Cowboys, San Diego Chargers and Cleveland Browns, the seven teams (out of the NFL's 32) who ran the scheme as their primary defense in 2008.

The Denver Broncos are also planning to switch to the 3-4 next year under new coach Josh McDaniels, a former Patriots assistant.
It took two years and an influx of playmakers to make it happen. But the San Francisco 49ers have made the switch to a 3- 4 defense -- an aggressive, attacking scheme favored by coach Mike Nolan.

Nolan became closely identified with the 3-4 while running the Baltimore Ravens' fierce version of it as their defensive coordinator for three years before joining the 49ers in 2005.

He wanted to implement the scheme in San Francisco immediately. But injuries and personnel shortages, coupled with more pressing needs on offense, had prevented the 49ers from making the change from the 4-3.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070825/ai_n19491163
looks like they switched in 2007....

revefsreleets
03-10-2009, 11:04 AM
I still like my scenario in which the Steelers package Parker (or maybe Melwelde Moore? I just made that new twist up) in order to move up in the draft for a player they have had specifically targeted for a while. OT? CB? I don't know, I'm making this up as I go...

This is based on nothing other than the fact I like to make up wild scenario's and "what-if's". They are a lot more fun than sure-bets... and