PDA

View Full Version : Tra Thomas (Eagles) to sign with Jaguars

DoubleSh0t
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article.aspx?id=7703

The Jaguars have come to financial terms on a contract with free-agent offensive tackle Tra Thomas, 34, a three-time Pro-Bowler who made 165 starts with the Philadelphia Eagles. Thomas, from Florida State, immediately gives the Jaguars security at left tackle. Last year’s starter at left tackle, Khalif Barnes, is an unrestricted free agent.
A 12-year veteran, Thomas was the 11th overall pick of the 1998 draft. He will be presented by the Jaguars to the media on Monday. Jaguars.com will post a story from that availability later today.

----

Wow, the Eagles are getting thin at OL. They're letting a lot of players walk in general.

XxKnightxX
03-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Guess he wants to end his career close to home then, after the Richard Collier incident last year, that line got cursed and the started to drop like flies, they should get some stability after that.

Fire Haley
03-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Now all's they need is a QB.

8. JAC - Mark Sanchez QB/USC

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2009, 12:52 PM
Man, that is who I wanted the Steelers to target instead of Starks. I wonder what his contract is worth?

MasterOfPuppets
03-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Man, that is who I wanted the Steelers to target instead of Starks. I wonder what his contract is worth?i guarantee its less than 8 freakin million ......:banging:

BrandonCarr39
03-09-2009, 03:01 PM
The same guy who was McNabb's bodybuard for years? *Ouch* This could be a HUGE loss for the Iggs!

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-09-2009, 03:27 PM
The same guy who was McNabb's bodybuard for years? *Ouch* This could be a HUGE loss for the Iggs!

Its why I think they will go with William Beatty OT-Conneticutt at the #21 pick. They got Stacy Andrews to probably play RT, but might need a vet to fill in for a year or 2. I would not be surprised to see Marvel Smith or Jon St. Clair in Philly soon for a visit.