PDA

View Full Version : 4 teams interested in Torry Holt

tony hipchest
03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
the buzz is the ravens, titans, jets and giants will make a strong push.

looks like this would count the steelers out. all 4 of those can offer more $$$ and receptions (he'd most likely be the #1 with the ravens and titans, and atleast the #2 with giants and jets.)

stlrtruck
03-10-2009, 11:58 AM

looks like this would count the steelers out. all 4 of those can offer more $$$ and receptions (he'd most likely be the #1 with the ravens and titans, and atleast the #2 with giants and jets.)

Yes but none of them can offer the hope of a push to Miami in February 2010 either!

Less money, chance at another ring or more money and less chance?

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
According to rotoworld the Jets are looking at Holt and may trade for him so he doesnt hit the market.

John Clayton from ESPN said that the Rams would likely take a 7th round pick for him at this point.

He has a $1.7 Million Roster bonus due March 17th 2009 - a team will have to pick that up if they take him before he's cut.

revefsreleets
03-10-2009, 12:27 PM
Giants and Titans are automatically right back in the thick of things next year, so if he wants another ring, those aren't bad options.

The Jets don't have a QB.

The Ravens are going 8-8 next year.

KeiselPower99
03-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Carolina should go for him His brother is already there and he played at NC State

Dino 6 Rings
03-10-2009, 01:21 PM
DANG IT!

I WANT HOLT!

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM
We don'ts gots the cash, I'm afraid.

A trade for one of our 7th round picks sounds interesting though.

BrandonCarr39
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM

On a side note, Plaxico Burress will likely get off the hook b/c with the economy being bad as it is, more states are releasing prisoners b/c of budget cuts et al, so I would think the NYC DA wouldn't even waste his time on some gun charge when other criminals who did more serious crimes are getting off the hook. Holt would make good insurance for the Giants just in case Burress loses his mind again, but Burress will likely be back nonetheless.

As for Holt-the guy has had chronic knee problems for the last couple of years. Plus his stats have shown that he hasn't been nearly as good on natural grass like he has on artificial turf. So he may not be much use playing in those cold, cold weather cities anyways.

steelreserve
03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
We don'ts gots the cash, I'm afraid.

A trade for one of our 7th round picks sounds interesting though.

Oh yeah, I'm sure teams will be beating down our door for the chance to get their hands on the very last pick in the entire draft.

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 03:11 PM
It's either that or they cut him next week and get nothing.

He ain't all that.

tony hipchest
03-10-2009, 03:17 PM
the rams just told him and orlando pace to not bother showing up for the offseason work out/conditioning program.

The_WARDen
03-10-2009, 03:27 PM
this is 2009 and not 2001 correct? Who wants some old guy?

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Holmes
Ward
Galloway
Holt
Sweed

I can dream.

5 WIDE!!!

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
the rams just told him and orlando pace to not bother showing up for the offseason work out/conditioning program.

Here's the story....

The Rams will begin their offseason conditioning program next Monday, and players expected to participate were sent letters by the team detailing the program and expectations. Holt and Pace, both under contract for 2009, did not receive the letter.

In addition, Holt has had no contact from anyone in the organization since Steve Spagnuolo was hired as head coach.

It has been widely reported that the Rams have been trying to trade both players. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus next Tuesday, which means he would have to be released or traded before that date for the Rams to avoid paying the bonus and keep that money off the salary cap.

Holt currently counts more than $10.2 million against the cap, a figure that includes the roster bonus, $6.65 million salary, a $100,000 workout bonus and slightly more than $2.2 million in prorated signing bonus. This is the final year of his contract. A trade or release would save the Rams around $8 million of cap space.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11483210

BrandonCarr39
03-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Here's the story....

The Rams will begin their offseason conditioning program next Monday, and players expected to participate were sent letters by the team detailing the program and expectations. Holt and Pace, both under contract for 2009, did not receive the letter.

In addition, Holt has had no contact from anyone in the organization since Steve Spagnuolo was hired as head coach.

It has been widely reported that the Rams have been trying to trade both players. Holt is due a $1.25 million roster bonus next Tuesday, which means he would have to be released or traded before that date for the Rams to avoid paying the bonus and keep that money off the salary cap.

Holt currently counts more than $10.2 million against the cap, a figure that includes the roster bonus, $6.65 million salary, a $100,000 workout bonus and slightly more than $2.2 million in prorated signing bonus. This is the final year of his contract. A trade or release would save the Rams around $8 million of cap space.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11483210

Didn't Pace finish the last 3 seasons on IR? He may still be a Pro Bowl LT, but obviously, his body is finished.

The Rams may be "rebuilding", but it's not like they're "cleaning house". Obviously-those 2 guys have nothing left in the tank.

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Obviously, it's all about The Cap.

Holt currently counts more than $10.2 million against the cap,

Galax Steeler
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I don't think we will see Holt in a Steeler uniform I beleive we will see Galloway before Holt.

tony hipchest
03-10-2009, 06:32 PM
pace was just whacked.

anyone want a 33 year old, #1 pick in the draft, 7 time pro bowl, sb champion, washed up LT?

for the right price....? as a back-up.... ?

sweatsuit model...?

bueller?

revefsreleets
03-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Would he play in the B&G for vet minimum?:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::doh:

Seriously, this is NOT the kind of signing the Steelers make. He's gonna cost someone a small fortuene I'm sure...

Fire Haley
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM
for the right price....? as a back-up.... ?

Maybe RT. Bring him on in, we'll kick the tires.

Hell bring everyone in, we got nothing else to do.

steelerdave1969
03-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Carolina should go for him His brother is already there and he played at NC State

Nice point, he would be a great teammate across from the most dangerous WR in the business right now in Steve Smith.