PDA

View Full Version : Browns sign Hank Poteat

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 11:43 AM
The Cleveland Browns announced on Monday night that the team signed eight-year veteran cornerback Hank Poteat as an unrestricted free agent from the New York Jets.

"Hank is a veteran corner who has played inside and outside," said Browns General Manager George Kokinis. "His versatility and knowledge of the system will be an asset to our secondary."

Browns to the SB!

devilsdancefloor
03-10-2009, 11:49 AM
WOW hank still plays! damn i thought he faded away lol

stlrtruck
03-10-2009, 12:44 PM
WOW hank still plays! damn i thought he faded away lol

He did. Faded from PA to NE to NY to Stink Town!

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
What's really funny is Poteat has earned himself a 6 page thread on a Browns board.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=149&f=1547&t=4052376

"This was the guy that made Holcomb look like Joe Montana in the 2002 Playoff game."

Sharkissle29
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
didnt know he was still around...

devilsdancefloor
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
What's really funny is Poteat has earned himself a 6 page thread on a Browns board.

"This was the guy that made Holcomb look like Joe Montana in the 2002 Playoff game."

lol ok i found this little gem and thought i would share it.

Society for the Elimination of the Term "ManKok", Founding Member

Dino 6 Rings
03-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Hank! LETS GO PITT!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
lol ok i found this little gem and thought i would share it.

Society for the Elimination of the Term "ManKok", Founding Member

:rofl:

I think we should start the society to keep the term 'ManKok"!

Only the Browns would have that term placed on their head coach and gm.

fansince'76
03-10-2009, 05:07 PM

Funny stuff in that thread.

Another crap signing. Are we going for 0-16 ?

Hank Poteat? Hank Poteat? Hank freakin Poteat????

Players like Leigh Bodden and Chris McAlister available... and we sign HANK POTEAT???

Who is next? Kordell Stewart???

Oh wait, thats right. He didnt play for the Jets.

What a freakin joke. Even the Detroit Lions are laughing at that one.

yay 2-14 here we come!

damn you mangina

The INBREDS are going to have a field day with this one.

I'm trying to be optomistic regarding this team...but Hank Poteat SUCKS! :banging:

This actually makes me happy. I am convinced my dream to play for the Browns has never been more achievable.

OH BOY! HANK POTEAT! BE STILL MY BEATING HEART!

He looks like the older brother of Braylon Edwards...is his specialty dropping interceptions so we can counterbalance the inept offense?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fire Haley
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
The Curse is Alive in Browntown, the peasants are growing restless.

10 straight years of futility will do that to you.

stlrtruck
03-11-2009, 06:50 AM
There are things that make you laugh...and then there are things that really make you laugh.

The browns message board is the latter!!!!

RoethlisBURGHer
03-11-2009, 07:27 AM
The Curse is Alive in Browntown, the peasants are growing restless.

10 straight years of futility will do that to you.

10 straight years? The Browns haven't done anything significant (except move to Baltimore and go on hiatus for 3 years) since 1964!

The Browns have had 45 straight years of futility.

revefsreleets
03-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Browns 6-10
Bengals 6-10
Ratbirds 8-8.

Steelers automatically 6-0 to start 2009.

Gotta love it!

Fire Haley
03-12-2009, 10:29 AM
The Mankok regime doesn't trust Quinn to be their savior?
We're guaranteed another QB controversy to watch. (unless they find some sucker team to trade with)

HA!

Thumbs up on D.A.: The Browns intend to pay a $5 million roster bonus owed quarterback Derek Anderson on Friday, Kokinis indicated.

"I don't think we've changed from when we first talked about it," Kokinis said. "We're trying to get the best players on the team and he's one of them.

The bonus is guaranteed, so the Browns have little recourse but to pay it.

revefsreleets
03-12-2009, 03:54 PM
What? He's Kordell Stewart except he CAN'T RUN!

What a ridiculous team. I downgrade them to 5-11 after this...

xfl2001fan
03-12-2009, 07:59 PM
So, we lose our two most sure handed players....keep a fast WR who can't stay healthy...keep a dangerous (but dropsie) WR....and sign a CB who has not an item on his career worth mentioning?

Hmmm...time to check out the UFL until I get an owner for my team worth having I think.

They're still my team, I'll still root for them. But this is getting very very very very very very very old.

devilsdancefloor
03-12-2009, 09:46 PM
So, we lose our two most sure handed players....keep a fast WR who can't stay healthy...keep a dangerous (but dropsie) WR....and sign a CB who has not an item on his career worth mentioning?

Hmmm...time to check out the UFL until I get an owner for my team worth having I think.

They're still my team, I'll still root for them. But this is getting very very very very very very very old.

i do feel for ya man! i know how it is i love the chicago blackhawks and before dollar bill passed away he did everything to kill the franchise! It has been since 61 since the hawks raised lord stanleys cup! ( blame super mario for this lol) :couch:

steelwall
03-12-2009, 11:03 PM

Yeah that sucks man. You have to question that sign. I'd rather not sign anyone at all and try to look for someone in the draft, save some cap space.:noidea:

But you have to admit that one guy that said he was happy with the sign because his dream of playing for the Browns is even closer is pretty funny:chuckle:

xfl2001fan
03-13-2009, 04:55 AM
At least there's still Lebron (3-straight Triple Doubles) James to root for.

Edman
03-13-2009, 09:34 AM
Things aren't all miserable for Clevelanders. The Cavs are doing excellent.

Things are only miserable for Browns fans.

And yes, Hank Got-beat was the one of the guys who made Kelly Holcomb look like the second coming of Johnny U. in the 2002 playoff game. The only thing that would make this more laughable is signing Charred Scott.

xfl2001fan
03-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeah that sucks man. You have to question that sign. I'd rather not sign anyone at all and try to look for someone in the draft, save some cap space.:noidea:

But you have to admit that one guy that said he was happy with the sign because his dream of playing for the Browns is even closer is pretty funny:chuckle:

Yeah, I'm waiting for a Philadelphia Eagles style tryout to show up...there will be Cleveland fans there in droves. If I wasn't fat, slow and didn't have bad knees, I might try out. :flap: Then again, considering the "health" of Stallworth, at WR and Steve Heiden at TE...I might still make the practice squad...I mean how bad could we possibly be?

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting for a Philadelphia Eagles style tryout to show up...there will be Cleveland fans there in droves. If I wasn't fat, slow and didn't have bad knees, I might try out. :flap: Then again, considering the "health" of Stallworth, at WR and Steve Heiden at TE...I might still make the practice squad...I mean how bad could we possibly be?

Do you really want to know?