PDA

View Full Version : Profanity filter

SalukiSteelers
01-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Just tried to use a five-letter word that starts with a "c," ends with a "y," and has an "ock" in the middle and it got censored by the filter. I would think that the word "****y" would be more than okay when describing the Bengals. The funniest part about it was the fact that when it came up in my post, it looked like "****y." It looks a heck of a lot dirtier that way. If I were just reading it, I would think that whoever wrote it was calling the Bengals wussies with a "p."

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2006, 03:10 PM
We used to not have the swear filters on, but since the season really started heating up we had to put it back in use. Once things calm down again we may be able to try and take it off.

they arent perfect I'll give that, but they do help keep young eyes and work eyes from seeing words that arent appropriate. :smile:

SalukiSteelers
01-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Oh yeah, I totally understand. I was just commenting on how an innocent word like 'c' 'o' 'c' 'k' 'y' could look so dirty when the other four letters weren't there. Not a big deal. If a guy can't get through a post without swearing non-stop he's either a coach or a goofball.

Just a little over twelve-hours from kickoff...Here we go!!

Ambridge
01-24-2006, 09:47 AM
I was wondering why in the Blast Furnace there's a filter on just about every single profane word??

I can see having the filter on for the thread titles but it really kind of defeats the purpose of having a "Smack/Blast Furnace" if you cannot express in a colorful way when every bad word is being sensored.

Just my thought.

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Hey you mother****er Ambridge, suck my ****ing **** you shit ass ****stick! Bitch piss shit mother****er ****sucker!

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 02:27 PM
:bouncy: Just testing:bouncy:

Ambridge
01-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Hey you mother****er Ambridge, suck my ****ing **** you shit ass ****stick! Bitch piss shit mother****er ****sucker!

You need to STFU or I'll come over to your house and hotwire your newly renovated car and take my dog for a joyride. :grin:

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 05:01 PM
You need to STFU or I'll come over to your house and hotwire your newly renovated car and take my dog for a joyride. :grin:

Hey! I was just testing!

tony hipchest
01-24-2006, 06:14 PM
you should be able to discuss **** lebeau without a censor though. lol :)

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 06:21 PM
Try Richard

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2006, 06:33 PM
ya know tony does have a point :laughing:

43Hitman
01-24-2006, 07:08 PM

LMAO!

Suitanim
01-24-2006, 07:27 PM
LMAO!

Just so you know, I'm friends with Ambridge in real life...

SteelerzGirl
01-24-2006, 08:33 PM
you should be able to discuss **** lebeau without a censor though. lol :)

I think we were able to say that word until I called 3 to be 4 a limp one...(lol). My bad! Sorry, 3 to be 4!

3 to be 4
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
no HARD feelings

SteelerzGirl
01-26-2006, 07:14 PM
no HARD feelings

See? I was right! :rofl:

Suitanim
01-26-2006, 08:02 PM
See? I was right! :rofl:

You hot, SG? You talked about your legs in your costume at Halloween...any pics?

3 to be 4
01-26-2006, 08:43 PM
I love it when posters mate.

Suitanim
01-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I love it when posters mate.

Again, it's just a day late and a dollar short where you're concerned. There's a bit of history that you are ignorant of, and your meddling in mom and dad's affairs is just a tad inappropriate. We appreciate your strain and effort, though...we really do...

3 to be 4
01-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Again, it's just a day late and a dollar short where you're concerned. There's a bit of history that you are ignorant of, and your meddling in mom and dad's affairs is just a tad inappropriate. We appreciate your strain and effort, though...we really do...

Thanks for the lesson about being appropriate. You mean like discussions about my ****?
you guys are so full of shit sometimes. like anyone cares about your pathetic "history".
must have been thrilling.

Suitanim
01-26-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the lesson about being appropriate. You mean like discussions about my ****?
you guys are so full of shit sometimes. like anyone cares about your pathetic "history".
must have been thrilling.

Perhaps if you were a bit less of a troll, you'd be more familiar with the goings on of this particular board...eh? Since you seem to have roosted here, isn't it a tad hypocritical for you to talk out of ONE side of your mouth and say that you don't care about the history of the board and our interactions, and then almost simultaneously actively try as hard as you can to make yourself a part of them?

Huh? Think about it for a second braniac...take your time...

3 to be 4
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Perhaps if you were a bit less of a troll, you'd be more familiar with the goings on of this particular board...eh? Since you seem to have roosted here, isn't it a tad hypocritical for you to talk out of ONE side of your mouth and say that you don't care about the history of the board and our interactions, and then almost simultaneously actively try as hard as you can to make yourself a part of them?

Huh? Think about it for a second braniac...take your time...

dont hide behind the "history of the board" crap, like i was talking about Steeler Fever Forum. this was about you and what you said. I couldnt care less about this "history" between you and another poster. Throwing around the Appropriate word was the hypocritical part after the juvenile ****less and limp talk that I THOUGHT was over with.

so you can crap it out, but God forbid somebody annoys you, then you are suddenly all school teacher about it.

braniac, my ass. You're not exactly an Einstein yourself. I thought you were going to have a frickin mental meltdown and check in for treatment because Hardwork wouldnt come out and play with you.:rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-27-2006, 01:34 AM
easy with the smack talk out in the open forums :cool:

3 to be 4
01-27-2006, 04:35 AM
my apologies

3 to be 4
01-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Suit, and all other on the board, please find my apology in the Locker Room section.