PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Bengals Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
So Brees is out, Palmer is out... Who's the 2nd AFC QB Alternate?
Big surprise if Ben isn't it.

Hammer67
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Bengals are for real...great rivalry in years to come. but...GO STEELERS!!!!

Interceptor
01-08-2006, 08:36 PM
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Yes, you gave us a kick-assing. I won't use Palmer's departure as an excuse. And it was not an intentional hit to the knee. I can see that as well as anyone. How is it humanly possible to make a turn when falling to the ground? But, it looked like we had an excellent Plan-B should Palmer get knocked out. And it was working, you have to admit that. We were controlling the flow. at least when we had the ball. However, all that stopped in the 2nd half. Who ever called those 2nd-half plays sucked ass. Not one timed short pass. And nice trick play. At least that was something exciting to watch. But once you guys got close, that's where your running game took over. And once you set that in, it was over. I wish our defensive line put up more pressure, but they are cotton soft. Geez, we need a couple of speedy veteran DLs.

Again, congratulations! If Palmer heals and we get a halfway decent line, maybe we'll see you in the playoffs next year. :smile:

SteelR1
01-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Just logging online.,. WOW, what a game!!!!!

Carson's knee injury sucks, hopefully he'll recover fine....

GREAT JOB STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Came out in the second half and made all the right adjustments. SUPER JOB!!!!!!!!!!!

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 09:06 PM
A lot of props to the Cincy fans. You are a classy bunch and we appreciate you here. Congrats on your season. You guys are heading the in the right direction. Very bad luck on Palmer getting hurt. Get well soon Carson. Great game Steelers. You made us proud!

3 to be 4
01-08-2006, 09:16 PM
I have to give props to the Steelers fans on this site. Unlike some other unnamed sites, you guys are gracious and secure enough to show class to fans from other teams.
Ive enjoyed posting here and I'll be pulling hard for you guys next week.
It would be fitting for the REAL 2 best teams in the conference to meet again for the AFC Title. And the fact that it would be in Foxboro makes it even more fun.
If your D is as fierce as it looked in the 2nd half, it should make for fun in the RCA Dome

Motley Nate
01-08-2006, 09:18 PM
Bengals are for real...great rivalry in years to come. but...GO STEELERS!!!!
Look forward to playing you next year Hammer.

Cape Cod Steel Head
01-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Great game. It will be real interesting next year. But for now, ON TO DETROIT!!!

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 10:06 PM
Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers!

Yes, you gave us a kick-assing. I won't use Palmer's departure as an excuse. And it was not an intentional hit to the knee. I can see that as well as anyone. How is it humanly possible to make a turn when falling to the ground? But, it looked like we had an excellent Plan-B should Palmer get knocked out. And it was working, you have to admit that. We were controlling the flow. at least when we had the ball. However, all that stopped in the 2nd half. Who ever called those 2nd-half plays sucked ass. Not one timed short pass. And nice trick play. At least that was something exciting to watch. But once you guys got close, that's where your running game took over. And once you set that in, it was over. I wish our defensive line put up more pressure, but they are cotton soft. Geez, we need a couple of speedy veteran DLs.

Again, congratulations! If Palmer heals and we get a halfway decent line, maybe we'll see you in the playoffs next year. :smile:

congrats to your team and you for being a good fan, and not a hater

24seven
01-08-2006, 11:13 PM
Man that first half was brutal.. My wife says "you have the worst mouth i've ever heard".. I said "I DON"T GIVE A F*#*!!!!!.. I was so pissed i couldn't control myself.. I thought we were gonna be toast and even with Palmer out they were rippin up the field. But Cower must have chewed some ass bigtime at half cuz they were a whole different defense in the 2nd half. Kitna couldn't find an open receiver, the blitzes were actually working, as well as the passes were just falling short for once.. I think the trick play was the turning point but something else happened before that that started the downward spiral for Cincy..ahhh yes.. it was the botched snap for the field goal.. That was the turning point. At least I'm pretty sure that's when it all went sour for them... Whatever it was the Steelers finally showed up to play and got er done.. thank god.. Now to go wash my mouth out with soap.. :P

Avoid Lloyd
01-09-2006, 12:56 AM
After a year or two of defensive drafting the Bengals are going to be TOUGH for anybody to beat....wow they gave us an ass kicking in the first half.

The expletives flying out of my mouth would have made a truck driver blush.

Fortunately we made some serious adjustments during halftime and managed to turn it around.

tony hipchest
01-09-2006, 02:56 AM
Congratulations guys. I still think it's a totally different game with Palmer in there.
Did you hear Marvin's press conference after the game? "I'm not gonna sit and cry about it like their quarterback did"???

Funny

its hilarious actually, to know that the bengals coach is such a bush league little bi......
kitten. i still cant stop laughing. (ben came back and defeated 5 teams with his injuries. what has carson done lately other than lose 3 in a row? sure kitna played but carson gets credit tor the start and the loss. not my rules...talk to the nfl.)

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 05:09 AM
Great teams (that's what Chad considers themselves, during his little "beating us and beating Indy the week after" spout) fight through injuries. There's another lesson Lewis and Chad can learn before they decide to open up their mouths and make jackass's out of themselves on national TV. Now I can see where Chad and TJ get it from. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

83-Steelers-43
01-09-2006, 06:04 AM
I'm tired of hearing Chad Johnson run his mouth. I'm tired of TJ "The Show Bomber" Douchmanzadah run his big mouth. I'm tired of post-game interviews of Carson Palmer putting us down. I'm tired of the large quantity of Bungle fans that have talked shit that and recently jumped on the wagon and started watching football after 15 years of hibernation.

IT ENDS SUNDAY.

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt:

Ahhhhhhh..........thank you. Good morning everybody. How are you all feeling on this beautiful Monday morning? :coffee: :whistle: :sign01: :grin:

jbone19
01-09-2006, 08:47 AM
I'm happier than Elton John with a wheel barrow full of b-holes!!! Hope to be in the same mood next Monday AM...

CASTEEL
01-09-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm still trying let go of my disdain for that loser coach Lewis and his post game comments...... what a professional. He showed his true colors, and now we can all see where the Bungles players attitudes come from. I used to have great respect for the man.....

I'll take the win with a big grin :grin::grin::grin:

GO STEELERS!

SteelerFanInCA
01-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Same old bungles!

geran42o
01-09-2006, 06:14 PM
Ahhhhhhh..........thank you. Good morning everybody. How are you all feeling on this beautiful Monday morning? :coffee: :whistle: :sign01: :grin:

I'm doing great today.....other than the fact that all day at work I was defending Kimo to stupid A$$ clowns fans all day... but I wouldn't have it any other way :dancing:

GO STEELERS:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

CantStop85
01-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Great teams (that's what Chad considers themselves, during his little "beating us and beating Indy the week after" spout) fight through injuries. There's another lesson Lewis and Chad can learn before they decide to open up their mouths and make jackass's out of themselves on national TV. Now I can see where Chad and TJ get it from. :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:
The Bengals did fight through the injuries, even leading the steelers in the first half. The fact was that the Bengals could only hold down such an evenly-matched opponent for so long without their best player. There are very few teams who can keep it together when such an event occurs. I mean, you saw what happened without Ben at the helm for the steelers, it's the same sort of situation.

Effort doesn't always equal a win when you're outmatched.