PDA

View Full Version : Browns release Jurevicius

Fire Haley
03-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Another one bites the dust.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=9460

Browns release Jurevicius

The Browns announced on Wednesday evening that the club has released wide receiver Joe Jurevicius.

"These types of decisions are always difficult ones, especially with someone like Joe, who has meant a great deal to the Cleveland Browns organization and to the fans of Cleveland," said Browns General Manager George Kokinis. "Eric (Mangini) and I have had extensive conversations with Joe and his representatives. In the end we were unable to reach an agreement that was in the best interests of both parties. We want to thank Joe for his contributions to the Browns and wish him the best of luck in the future."

Jurevicius joined the Browns as an unrestricted free agent from Seattle in 2006. In his three years with Cleveland he caught 90 passes for 1,109 yards and six touchdowns. Overall in his 11 NFL campaigns, he has caught 323 passes for 4,119 yards and 29 touchdowns.

----------------------------------

At least his knees can heal after he gets out of that cesspool. Didn't he get bit by the staph too?

Fire Haley
03-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Clowntown in a meltdown.....ha ha!

IDIOTS!!!!

Ok, that is dumb move #3 by Mangini INC........

These retards better have one hell of a plan in store for this team. Releasing JJ is one of the dumbest things they could have done.

http://www.dawgtalkers.net/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/533649/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 09:38 PM
HAHAHA

what is he doing???

Fire Haley
03-11-2009, 09:40 PM
They are cutting all the guys that can catch the ball.

fine by me

devilsdancefloor
03-11-2009, 10:05 PM
it is kinda expected i would think he has been hurt the whole time he has been there i think. i dont even remeber himplaying at all last year.:noidea:

HometownGal
03-11-2009, 10:37 PM
JJ doesn't have lightning speed, but he has great hands, always seems to find an opening somewhere and is a playmaker. WTF are the Browns thinking with this boneheaded move? :doh:

I kind of feel for Browns fans - promises of grandeur season after season with no results. I don't think this coming season will be any different.

NEPAsteeler
03-11-2009, 10:41 PM
The Mangenious is doing a wonderful job of tearing the Browns apart piece by piece.

lilyoder6
03-11-2009, 10:54 PM
wait a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he would look good in the black and gold for a vet min!!

devilsdancefloor
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
wait a second!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he would look good in the black and gold for a vet min!!

as long as he leaves the staph in cleveland.. isnt he from cleveland? i bet he feels like pooh and not the winnie kind either. I wouldnt mind him in B&G. He has sneaky moves and speed and doesnt have the dropsies

SteelCurtain7
03-12-2009, 01:47 AM
He could also help mentor SWEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

xfl2001fan
03-12-2009, 05:10 AM
JJ doesn't have lightning speed, but he has great hands, always seems to find an opening somewhere and is a playmaker. WTF are the Browns thinking with this boneheaded move? :doh:

I kind of feel for Browns fans - promises of grandeur season after season with no results. I don't think this coming season will be any different.

Why's that? At least we had hope coming into last season. Our two most sure handed players just left...and yet we still have Braylon "Butterfingers" Edwards and Donte "Busted-Hamstring" Stallworth on the payroll. Sad....very sad.

Galax Steeler
03-12-2009, 05:13 AM
I guess we will see how this one pans out they might be wanting Galloway who knows.

Fire Haley
03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
he would look good in the black and gold for a vet min

HA!

not this time...

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The only surprise is that it took so long. Jurevicius was due $2.9M and[B] the poor guy underwent seven known knee surgeries in less than a 12-month span ending in Dec. 2008. A second-round pick of the Giants in 1997, Jurevicius caught 29 touchdowns in his career, which is very unlikely to continue.

lilyoder6
03-12-2009, 10:57 AM
JJ would stiill be a nice number 4 wr. he can catch the ball and what not...

Fire Haley
03-12-2009, 11:00 AM
He's a cripple on rotted out staph-infected knees.

Pass.

Although he says he can still play.

Jurevicius, 34, left no doubt that he intends to play one more year and leave the game on his terms.
"I know there is still plenty of good football left in me, so please don't throw any dog biscuits my way when I return to Cleveland Stadium," he said.

Jurevicius missed all of last season after a staph infection set in following a routine knee procedure in January. Complications required a total of seven surgical procedures, ravaging the knee. But after the last one, which he had done by the famed Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., Jurevicius was heartened that he would be able to play another season."

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1236846815144490.xml&coll=2&thispage=3

The Duke
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Not surprised. this guy is done imo

Too and cause I liked him. tough as hell and one of the few seahawks who came to play in XL

revefsreleets
03-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Bring him in for a look...if he's done, he's done. If he's not we pick up a big guy who is a TREMENDOUS 3rd down possession receiver. And he's already said he'd play for cheap. What do we have to lose?

lilyoder6
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
i was suprised when they said galloway could still run a 4.3 at the age of 37..

so no harm no foul if they bring him in 4 a look

steelreserve
03-12-2009, 06:51 PM
Bring him in for a look...if he's done, he's done. If he's not we pick up a big guy who is a TREMENDOUS 3rd down possession receiver. And he's already said he'd play for cheap. What do we have to lose?

I'm always a fan of at least giving guys a look, but seriously, this just seems like a waste of time.

silver & black
03-12-2009, 08:19 PM

I know the feeling. :banging:

Iron Gut
03-12-2009, 09:08 PM
i wonder if the league will allow him to bring his walker on the field?