PDA

View Full Version : What are you most thankful for - RIGHT NOW!

kittenfantastico76
03-13-2009, 05:38 PM
With the economy in the crap shoot, and with people losing their jobs, homes etc every day... there's so much to be thankful for but our stress is covering it up. I thought it might help hopes and ease our minds to share what we are thankful for RIGHT NOW!

I'm thankful I have a job. It may stress me out, but I'm doing what I love, I'm working in my field of study and I get paid 40 hours a week. Sure it could be more but I'M WORKING!!!

I'm thankful for my father, my family, my boyfriend and my friends. Without them I'd be lost.

I'm thankful I had 32 wonderful years with my mother. She passed away last year, and while the anniversary of her passing, and her birthday are coming up in the same month, I have to remind myself that I had a lifetime with her to treasure. It's better to have loved and lost than to have never known a mothers love at all.

I'm thankful for coffee - although I want to get away from it again like I did last year. It's amazing that I can actually function without it... if I get enough sleep :wink:

SHARE WITH EVERYONE!! LET'S GET THE GOOD VIBES GOING!!! oxox :hug:

JEFF4i
03-13-2009, 06:06 PM
1. My job, I love it.
2. My family, I mean c'mon, I'm gonna have a son!
3. A little luck helping my finances come together.

klick81
03-13-2009, 06:23 PM
- My family. We just lost my grandmother, and my mom was not able to make the trip to Texas to see her one last time. It's heartbreaking to see her go through this, and it has made me appreciate my family members (especially my parents) that much more.

- My job. I'm grateful because about 7% of the workers at the factory I work for have been laid off since just after Thanksgiving.

I have much more, but these two jump to mind right now. I can only hope that this year brings more positive events than what the past three months have.

PisnNapalm
03-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Ammo. When things go completely to hell, I'll be ready.

Nevermind my pessimism. I've had "one of those days".

HometownGal
03-13-2009, 06:44 PM
1. My wonderful family and many friends - in "real time", online and here at SF. :hug:

2. That I'm still alive and kickin' after 17 surgeries and 2 slugfests with the big C (and I'm still winning!) :thumbsup:

3. For my beautiful 9 year old grandson and the 2nd lil' grandson who is still in the oven but on his way! :hug:

4. That even though the economy has taken a huge plunge downward and our country (and the world) is somewhat in disarray, we live in a country where we still have liberties and freedoms (though maybe not for long, sadly).

5. I am thankful for every man and woman who has ever served and is presently serving this great country! Without you, I wouldn't be typing this post. :usa: :salute:

6. That God loves me, even with all of my faults and imperfections.

7. That I was born a Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates fan! :tt03::tt02::applaudit:

steelreserve
03-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Mostly, I'm thankful for the baby.

Also, malt liquor and hentai.

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Family, job, and friends.

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2009, 08:48 PM
My wife

My children

My Mother and Father

Steelers XLIII Super Bowl Victory!!!!

SteelCityMom
03-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I'm thankful for my daughter and my fiance...they keep me grounded every day.

I'm thankful for my mother and my brothers for helping through some very tough times when I was a single mom and struggling to find steady work, and getting back through school....without them, I'd be lost.

I'm always thankful for my father, who passed away nearly 6 years ago (2 weeks shy), he was a great man and a major influence in my life, I miss him.

I'm thankful for my friends for listening to me when I need to bitch and to just laugh with.

I'm thankful for red wine and scented candles, no explanation really needed here lol.

And finally, I'm thankful for my pets (one dog and one cat) for always being happy to see me and for being so retardedly happy all the time (the dog at least) that I can't help but smile no matter how much of a bad mood I'm in.

hindes204
03-13-2009, 11:12 PM
1. My wonderful family and many friends - in "real time", online and here at SF. :hug:

2. That I'm still alive and kickin' after 17 surgeries and 2 slugfests with the big C (and I'm still winning!) :thumbsup:

3. For my beautiful 9 year old grandson and the 2nd lil' grandson who is still in the oven but on his way! :hug:

4. That even though the economy has taken a huge plunge downward and our country (and the world) is somewhat in disarray, we live in a country where we still have liberties and freedoms (though maybe not for long, sadly).

5. I am thankful for every man and woman who has ever served and is presently serving this great country! Without you, I wouldn't be typing this post. :usa: :salute:

6. That God loves me, even with all of my faults and imperfections.

7. That I was born a Pittsburgh Steelers, Penguins and Pirates fan! :tt03::tt02::applaudit:

I am thankful to be serving in the military of the greatest country in the world...and i am thankful for people like HTG who say things like that, it is because of people like you that make me proud to serve my country...you would be amazed at the amount of evil looks i get when i am in uniform, and i even get the occasional "why the hell are you fighting in an unnecessary war" comment, implying i am an evil human being for volunteering to serve, (keep in mind, i am stationed in california, not exactly the most military friendly state)

KeiselPower99
03-14-2009, 12:41 AM
This time of evening Im thankful I grabbed the 12 pack of Rolling Rock and not the sixer.

devilsdancefloor
03-14-2009, 12:44 AM
im thankful for:

1. My wife (even though she has one flaw she is a cryboys fan) She loves me for who i am andis always there for me.

2. My kids i have 4 of them (which of 3 are steelers fans :thumbsup::tt03::tt03:) they are all so different, but yet so the same. They all have a great sense of humor and a real health work ethic (which makes me smile). I am truely blessed to have such a awesome family.

3. Im grateful to be able to stand up and say that i was in the army made me who i am today. It made me a strong man and i make better decsions because of it.

4. For all my friends

5. For all the men and women i served with i can call them brothers and sisters. No matter when or what branch of the service we all can relate to one another. Especialy those whom have seen combat.

6. That i still have a job even though we are slow iam stil able to work 40 hours a week.

7. That i am a american

8.That i can provide all the needs for my family.

9. That i can get on SF to lmao at pisnapalm, but then realize do i have enough ammo

SteelShooter
03-14-2009, 02:08 AM
Ammo. When things go completely to hell, I'll be ready.

Nevermind my pessimism. I've had "one of those days".

LMAO!!!!!! It never fails....awesome post Bro! :tt03:

But, I would have to say my Wife. Today was our 3rd anniversary.......much, MUCH better than back when I was married to the anti-Christ! :rofl:

Oh! And my job..........YOUR tax dollars pay me to ride around on a high-speed, super-charged jet-ski! What a sweet ride.

mcmac
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Thankful that GOD let me see another day b/c every day is not granted

SteelersMongol
03-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Since the question says "...RIGHT NOW?", right at this moment I'm thankful for my kids.

Steeler in Carolina
03-14-2009, 11:56 AM
My family. No matter what happens with the economy or anything else, when I come home from work, my kids bring a smile to my face.

xfl2001fan
03-14-2009, 12:38 PM
My family, close (wife and kids), extended (brothers, sisters, cousins, and friends I grew up with and those I've served with)...and even further extended (my military family, my SF family, my GLB family and many other's I've met through the internet, though never face to face. )

Each of you in your own way has been able to make my life a little easier, simpler or more fun.

Hammer Of The GODS
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I am thankful that the last two weeks are over.

My daughter was born on the 2nd of march and she was 4 weeks early. She had underdeveloped lungs and air trapped around her heart constricting her her hearts ability to beat properly. She was in ICU until Friday and was finally able to come home today.

I have been to war and been shot at and blown up but I have NEVER been as scared as I was the last couple of weeks.

So, I am thankful that my wife and daughter are home and the stress rollercoaster is over.

pittsburghp8baller
03-14-2009, 04:29 PM
mostly im thankful for my family, who without them i have no idea i would of been able to get through what i had to get through. they molded me into the person who i am, which i wouldnt trade for anything

But of my whole family im most thankful is my mom, who is currently serving in Iraq and is due back in June. whenever i think back on my life and get a little down i just think about what my moms been through and how she has risen above it. She grew up without the guidance of her father who was a drunk and a drug addict, came to this country knowing NO-ONE and had nothing and has turned that into not a fabulous life but a life that she is damed proud of and i am too.

im also thankful my dad is from the Pittsburgh area, as i couldnt imagine myself a fan of any other teams in sports

stlrtruck
03-16-2009, 08:31 AM
1 - wife
2 - children
3 - veteran's

vasteeler
03-16-2009, 11:41 AM
1 my son
2 my wife
3 zombies

kittenfantastico76
03-16-2009, 12:10 PM
These are all great posts and all absolutely wonderful things to be thankful for!

Right now, I'll be thankful when the rain clouds are broken by sunshine... it's been almost a full week and a half without sunshine, it's starting to get to me. It's days like this I know I couldn't live somewhere like Seattle...

I'm thankful for smiles on strangers faces and friend and loved ones faces.

Puppy kisses and cat kisses... my animals always know how to cheer me up!

Thankful for another day to be with my boyfriend, family and friends.

Thankful for God giving me guidance even when I seem resistant to such things, I'm not, he loves me for my hard headed ways and pushes me harder to get past them.

GutterflowerSteel
03-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Right now I'm thankful for my new boyfriend :love: We're the best thing to happen to each other in a long time :thumbsup:

kittenfantastico76
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Right now I'm thankful for my new boyfriend :love: We're the best thing to happen to each other in a long time :thumbsup:

WOOO HOO! Congrats!