PDA

View Full Version : OK... Time to fess up....

tony hipchest
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
i think enough time has passed and i am willing to admit it....

who's got a "trophy towel"? :couch: i do.

it was a valentines gift along with my sixburgh shirt and championship tee.

she knows all about myron cope and the terrible towel and figured i would love to add it to my collection.

how could i tell her i wouldnt wipe my ass with it? it was the ultimate dilemma, as i was torn between 2 loves. i had to explain the shiesty nfl trying to capitalize on myrons charitable invention and craze, yet admitted that the nfl marketing such an item just jinxed the rest of the teams from even having a shot of having their logo on the inaugural "twinkie towel". i told her, while i didnt love it, i would accept it with love (it did look kinda cool) and explained the 'true fancard" boycott on such rubbish. but since i didnt actually run out and buy it myself i was exempt and could own it with #6 pride :tt02::tt::helmet:

i then demonstrated how it was to big to wave without slapping her in the face with it. :chuckle:

man, this has been theraputic. im glad i got this weight offa my shoulders. :wave:

HometownGal
03-13-2009, 08:29 PM
Awwww - you've got to give the little woman an A+ for trying to please! :thumbsup: At least you didn't get some butt assed ugly tie, cordless screwdriver or set of golf balls that women typically buy their guys for gifts. :chuckle:

I did get the official Myron Cope Super Bowl XLIII Champions TT a few days after the Super Bowl though! :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
03-13-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't. But look at this way tony. You received it as a gift, you didn't buy it, no harm, no foul.

Dino 6 Rings
03-13-2009, 08:36 PM
not me...I did however get my XLIII towel, without the scores that I ordered online the morning of the superbowl, its hanging right here in my office next to my XL towel without the scores that I picked up on Game Day of XL in Pittsburgh.

Also got a 1929 - 2008 Myron Cope Radio Mic Towel, gift from a buddy hanging up...to go with my authentic 1970s Terrible Towel that same buddy's dad gave me in 2003 when I moved and the other Terrible Towels I've collected over the years.

But no Trophy Towel...sorry Tony

tony hipchest
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Awwww - you've got to give the little woman an A+ for trying to please! :thumbsup: At least you didn't get some butt assed ugly tie, cordless screwdriver or set of golf balls that women typically buy their guys for gifts. :chuckle:

I did get the official Myron Cope Super Bowl XLIII Champions TT a few days after the Super Bowl though! :tt02: my dad went from MD down to pgh a few weeks ago and got him the seattle colored cap at the strip, and i told him to pick me one up too, and with the new terrible towel along with some ground cinnamon from penzeys spices. (man i sure could go for a cod sandwich from wholleys).

i just got the box yesterday! :tt02: (which is why i am vindicated and my steeler soul is once again free). oh, and im jealous cause now my daughter has a matching sixburgh shirt but hers is actually from the "motherland". (shes so proud). :helmet:

I don't. But look at this way tony. You received it as a gift, you didn't buy it, no harm, no foul.thats what i was thinking. thats how im able to sleep at night.... :wink02: i will display it proudly. myron would be proud the steelers went out and TOOK it from the nfl. :tt03:

SteelShooter
03-14-2009, 02:30 AM
:rofl: :sofunny: :danceshout: :applaudit: LMAO!!!!!!! :applaudit: :danceshout: :sofunny: :rofl:

Tony, you kill me Bro!

Preacher
03-14-2009, 02:40 AM
I don't. But look at this way tony. You received it as a gift, you didn't buy it, no harm, no foul.

My thoughts exactly. . .

Which is quite unusual for the two of us in THIS part of the forum! :rofl: :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
03-14-2009, 03:04 AM
my dad went from MD down to pgh a few weeks ago
you mean up to pgh? :laughing:

Hammer Of The GODS
03-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Hmmm. How disapointing........

Based on the title of this thread........ Time to fess up........

I thought you were FINALLY going to come clean and say that ALL your political vewpoints were just a joke and that you didn't really have your head in your ass! :noidea:

tony hipchest
03-14-2009, 10:29 PM
Hmmm. How disapointing........

Based on the title of this thread........ Time to fess up........

I thought you were FINALLY going to come clean and say that ALL your political vewpoints were just a joke and that you didn't really have your head in your ass! :noidea:

hmmm.... i might have been disappointed that you decided to infect my innocent little ol thread with your bs political diatribe and spew, but im actually impressed...

impressed that you pulled your head outta your vag long enough to type such a response.

what did YOU get for valentines? :hug: a pearl necklace? :jerkit:

:wink02:

you mean up to pgh?

:doh: i suppose so.... :oops:

Hammer Of The GODS
03-15-2009, 01:51 AM
I forgot you never hijack an innocent thread and snipe with comments that have nothing to do with the thread. I should have followed your lead. My appologies.......

vasteeler
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
No towel but I did Just today get the superbowl dvd. I just finished watching it and I am still pumped, friggin incredible :tt02::tt::tt02::tt::tt02::tt: