PDA

View Full Version : How about Rolle?

The Definiti0n
03-13-2009, 09:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3977690

We draft Alphonso Smith and sign Rolle to the Vet min

ShutDown24
03-13-2009, 09:21 PM
That would give us five corners that all could potentially start? We don't need THAT much help at DB.

And why is it since yesterday Alphonso Smith is being called a first rounder?

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-13-2009, 09:27 PM
i don't think rolle is going to play for the veteran minimum...unless he just wanted to stick it to baltimore, but i highly doubt it.

lilyoder6
03-13-2009, 09:46 PM
that would be too many corners who would want to be on the field all the time...

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-13-2009, 09:48 PM
he will probably end up in denver or wit the jets!

calsteeler
03-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Just say NO to Rolle! It's just not his age, cause Townsend is the same age. But he has a history of nagging Injuries, and those don't get better as you get older. Also, no way he ever signs for the Vet Minimum :-) :-) :-) I guess Definition forgot who Rolle's agent is,,,,Drew Rosenhaus! Same guy that directed our guy, McFadden to AZ.

There is no way Rolle asked to be released from a deal that guaranteed him like 2.4 million base this season to accept a Vet Minimum offer. I mean C'mon, are you Nuts!!

The Definiti0n
03-13-2009, 10:30 PM
it was just a question cal relax bro

Steelman16
03-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Nah, I'd rather get a young guy outta the draft. We already have Townsend who can still play and teach the young guys.

I'm still thinking Roy Lewis might earn a roster spot this year. I liked what I saw from him in the preseason.

devilsdancefloor
03-13-2009, 11:26 PM
nah i'll pass he might be as old as deshea, but deshea is light years better and healther

Galax Steeler
03-14-2009, 06:29 AM
I would have to pass on Rolle we need to get someone younger and bring him up in our system.

Steely McSmash
03-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Maybe Philly or NE ?

lilyoder6
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
rolle was a good player but age as caught up with him... there will be a team who will go after him.. and will prob over pay him

calsteeler
03-14-2009, 11:23 AM
Definition:

Hey man I'm sorry, please don't take my response like I was attacking you. Actually fans Definition DOES have the right idea here. I think we do need a Vet to come in here cause with all the crazy, multiple look passing offenses, teams have to have alot of DB's on the field. And I don't want to trust that to a Iffy rookie. I just think Rolle is a bit too soft of a tackler definition, and at 33, and with a brittle body at times, and a agent who isn't going to give a damn, and still demand a good chunk of change, I just feel he may not be what we need.

But make no mistake about fans, I feel " Definition " is right on here on how the steelers could use a good solid Vet addition here.

Pitt$burgh$teeler$
03-14-2009, 11:57 AM
No Thank u!

St33lersguy
03-14-2009, 12:51 PM
Not like the Steelers will give him enough money anyway

steelballs
03-16-2009, 06:23 AM
i don't think rolle is going to play for the veteran minimum...unless he just wanted to stick it to baltimore, but i highly doubt it.

I don't think he'll play for the minimum either, but he DID want to stick it to the rats. He watched how his best bud on the team (McAllister) was treated last season and didn't like what he saw and didn't want to end up in the same boat.

Rolle is ok, but certainly not worth paying big bucks for. He also has a hard time staying on the field.

steelreserve
03-16-2009, 11:39 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3977690

We draft Alphonso Smith and sign Rolle to the Vet min

Nah, I'd rather have Starks.

Actually, no I wouldn't, but that's what we get. That decision basically prohibited us from signing anyone good in free agency. Or even mediocre, for that matter.