PDA

View Full Version : Sean Taylor, What the........

clevestinks
01-07-2006, 08:35 PM
Spitting in another mans face? Talk about jeapordizing your team chances to win. I can`t believe that he can`t and won`t be suspended. Just a fine, and the NFL talks about role models. How is just giving a multi millionaire a fine helping? Makes his teammates be pissed at him, suspend him. How much lower does it get than spitting in another mans face?

Livinginthe past
01-07-2006, 08:36 PM
He had big question marks at college level over his temperament. These teams that keep drafting quality of play over quality of character will eventually pay the price.

NM

83-Steelers-43
01-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Maybe if he dresses up with Clinton Portis and makes an ass out of himself on ESPN the NFL won't fine him as much?

Koopa
01-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Spitting in another mans face? Talk about jeapordizing your team chances to win. I can`t believe that he can`t and won`t be suspended. Just a fine, and the NFL talks about role models. How is just giving a multi millionaire a fine helping? Makes his teammates be pissed at him, suspend him. How much lower does it get than spitting in another mans face?

he knew he wouldn't cost them the game cause he probably knows about chris simms in big games.

SteelR1
01-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Stupid!!!!! He will get his one day, no class!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-07-2006, 09:02 PM
what an ass !!

3 to be 4
01-07-2006, 09:16 PM
i blame it on Marcus Vick

Prosdo
01-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Very bad move by Taylor. No need for him to do stuff like that.

Sharkissle29
01-07-2006, 09:26 PM
yea thats pretty bad

Ambridge
01-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Stupid!!!!! He will get his one day, no class!!

Taylor could be getting his sooner than later.

Taylor still has to appear in a Florida court in the offseason on the charge of aggravated assault with a firearm.
I believe the prosecutor isn't offering any plea deal for and if convicted the punishment is a mandatory-minimum three year sentence.

Brady12
01-07-2006, 10:26 PM
If I heard a player on my team spit in another's face, and he didn't get ejected, i'd tell him to undress myself. That is just disrespectful.

Suitanim
01-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Klass with a kapitol K...what a loser.

Stlrs4Life
01-08-2006, 08:57 AM
Damn, missed it. That's sad, hope no Steeler evwers does stupid shit like that.

SteelCurtain
01-08-2006, 10:33 AM
he knew he wouldn't cost them the game cause he probably knows about chris simms in big games.
Yeah the tipped pass at the end of the game, along with the other 4 or 5 was his fault...but the pass that was dropped in the endzone on that 3rd down was perfect, can't fault him for that

Brady12
01-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I like Jon Gruden, so I felt a bit sorry for him, seeing Chris Simms throw an Interception after his defense got the ball back. Didn't they pick up tim Rattay? Or did he get injured too, or did Simms look better in practice, or what? Obviously not at the end of the season, but back when they got Tim, if it was them...

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Yeah the tipped pass at the end of the game, along with the other 4 or 5 was his fault...but the pass that was dropped in the endzone on that 3rd down was perfect, can't fault him for that

I still can't believe the guy dropped it. That pass was on the money. All he had to do was hold on.

Brady12
01-08-2006, 10:46 AM
I guess he didn't play that bad in his time. He just threw 2 costly INT, obviously 1 to end the game, and 1 to give the Redskins a 7-0 lead.

Prosdo
01-08-2006, 10:49 AM
Mistakes like that are so much bigger in the playoffs. One can cost you the game let alone two.

83-Steelers-43
01-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I like Jon Gruden, so I felt a bit sorry for him

Same here. I'm a big Gruden fan. Guy came in and won a Super Bowl (granted, he didn't build the team, but got the job done) and then a few years later is building a nice football team and putting them in the playoffs. I personally would love to have the guy as our HC.

tony hipchest
01-08-2006, 11:03 AM
is this the same sean taylor who the media was all over as the best safety to ever enter the game? one who was gonna rival ronnie lotts carreer? the one almost all draft prognosticators said was the sure lock to make it into the hall of fame, in a draftclass of ben, d. hall, d. robinson, winslow jr. e. manning etc.? i guess if polamalu ran his mouth constantly, shot at people, and spit on his opponents he would be good too right?

just like ed reed, s. taylor is a miami of u piece of crap. and as much as i enjoy a mean nasty player, its only effective if theres an ounce of brains to back it up. when all is said and done people will say polamalu was one of the greatest and after taylor bounces around the league and has a charles woodson type of career of big dollars and small numbers, people will wonder what the hell they were thinking putting him on a pedestal and how such talent could be wasted.

talent aint crap with out the work ethic behind it, especially in a league full of "talent"

Brady12
01-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Same here. I'm a big Gruden fan. Guy came in and won a Super Bowl (granted, he didn't build the team, but got the job done) and then a few years later is building a nice football team and putting them in the playoffs. I personally would love to have the guy as our HC.

Yeah, I have NFL Network, and they show "In Their Own Words" and they show his a lot, he's a pretty funny guy, sure he yells at the refs and players a lot, but who doesn't. They showed him at one of his brother's AFL games, and he was even yelling at the refs in the stands, it was hilarious.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Taylor could be getting his sooner than later.

Taylor still has to appear in a Florida court in the offseason on the charge of aggravated assault with a firearm.
I believe the prosecutor isn't offering any plea deal for and if convicted the punishment is a mandatory-minimum three year sentence.

I was wondering what has been going on with that.......last i heard they delayed the trial until the end of the season.
I wonder if i ever break the law if i will have the same options to tell the judge when the best time for me to stand trial will be.??????????????????

Brady12
01-08-2006, 01:45 PM
http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/9150905

That tells me they might not fine him... Don't know what it tells you.. Unless they are referring to last seasons spit.

3 to be 4
01-08-2006, 02:09 PM
I hate to BRING THIS UP, but Taylor has a HULK of a brother. I believe his name is LOOEY

Sharkissle29
01-08-2006, 02:21 PM
well to be honest, they really dont have evidense that he did. maybe he made a good your mommas so fat joke. oh hey, Eli just thre his 3rd INT

Brady12
01-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Yes, I found out that the non fine i'm referring to is last season.

LambertIsGod58
01-08-2006, 03:25 PM
I agree not suspending Taylor...Yeah, he spit in Pittman's face. But, it is the playoffs. If Porter did that to someone I'd hear all of you complaining he got thrown out.

Brady12
01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
I have respect for every player, but if you spit in someone's face, my respect goes down, whoever it is... Could be Tom Brady, or Deltha O'Neal..

3 to be 4
01-08-2006, 04:24 PM
depends on whats IN the spit. I mean, is it breakfast? mexican food? wet looey or big chunky? it would matter to me i can tell you.