PDA

View Full Version : Donte Stallworth detained in pedestrian's death

Fire Haley
03-14-2009, 12:35 PM
NFL Player Detained In Pedestrian's Death In Miami

The Death Occurred At The Ferry Access Area Leading To The Exclusive Residences Of Fisher Island

MIAMI BEACH (CBS4) ―An NFL player has been questioned after he accidentally drove into a pedestrian who died Saturday morning on the eastbound MacCarthur Causeway on Miami Beach, according to Det. Juan Sanchez of the City of Miami Beach.

Donte Stallworth, 28, is an eight-year pro NFL wide receiver.

He's played with the New England Patriots, and had an agreed to terms of a seven-year, $35-million contract with the Browns, $10-million of which is guaranteed.

Stallworth's best overall season was in 2005, when he caught 70 passes for 945 yards and seven touchdowns as a member of the New Orlean Saints.

According to the police report, the accident happened at the intersection of Fisher Island Drive and the MacCarthur Causeway.

http://cbs4.com/local/donte.sallworth.macarthur.2.959162.html

-----------------------------------

Another murderer in our division.

xfl2001fan
03-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Cut his worthless hamstring-less ass.

jjpro11
03-14-2009, 12:43 PM
what a piece of shit.. we will know soon whether he was under the influence as well.

Big D
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope this isn't another leonard little situation. I hope he gets prosectued and jailed to the full extent of the law.

Give It To Abercrombie
03-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Wow. Maybe it was an accident. Maybe the pedestrian was in the middle of the road unexpectedly. Maybe it was his fault. Let's not call for his head until we know more. All it says is he was questioned.

xfl2001fan
03-14-2009, 01:04 PM
When your player is a dumbass
Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot
If he runs over pedestrians
When he has no hamstring
When he's under the influence

He was driving round Miami early one morn
With a blunt in his mouth and his hair in rows of corn
Life is so good when under his hood
A bump in the road that some family will mourn.

When the police detain you a few days later
Call the NAACP and claim Black h8er
Jesse Jackson will be your savior
Get used to prison b!tch flavor

devilsdancefloor
03-14-2009, 01:05 PM
Wow. Maybe it was an accident. Maybe the pedestrian was in the middle of the road unexpectedly. Maybe it was his fault. Let's not call for his head until we know more. All it says is he was questioned.

yesit say he was just questioned , but it also says after he accidentally drove into a pedestrian who died Saturday morning. Accident happen to us all prayers go out to the family of the pedestrain. I hope he wasnt drinking and if he was well ihope he gets the book thrownin at him

Galax Steeler
03-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Wow there is never a boring moment in the off season there is always something going on.

Fire Haley
03-14-2009, 02:47 PM
I hope we never see our players splashed all over the headlines like that.

I'll take that quiet offseason anyday.

lilyoder6
03-14-2009, 02:56 PM
the browns seem to be in the news more than the bengals are these days

SteelCityMan786
03-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Looks like someone is going to be jailed for homicide by vechicle.

The Patriot
03-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Looks like someone is going to be jailed for homicide by vechicle.

That's how you know its the offseason.

fansince'76
03-14-2009, 05:25 PM

Finally - a voice of reason.

Dino 6 Rings
03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
the browns seem to be in the news more than the bengals are these days

Do you think they combine for 12 wins next year? Whats the over under on the Browns and Bengals win total for next season? I know of 4 losses already. 2 each after we Smack their Teeth down their throat...then maybe they split with the Ravens...but not likely...I wonder. is 12 wins too many for both together...I'm calling my Bookie...

lilyoder6
03-14-2009, 05:34 PM
Do you think they combine for 12 wins next year? Whats the over under on the Browns and Bengals win total for next season? I know of 4 losses already. 2 each after we Smack their Teeth down their throat...then maybe they split with the Ravens...but not likely...I wonder. is 12 wins too many for both together...I'm calling my Bookie...

with the way the browns are getting rid of there starters ... 12 will be nice..... they will have a hard time reaching double digits.. lol

and back to the case.. it is a awful situation.. but i doubt that stallworth would just hit a man walking in the street... and the shitty thing is that it could of happened to anyone

MACH1
03-14-2009, 06:48 PM

There was an accident like that recently where I live. It turned out that the pedestrian was the one who was drunk, not the driver. Pedestrian died and no charges filed. Just sayin.

stillers4me
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
There was an accident like that recently where I live. It turned out that the pedestrian was the one who was drunk, not the driver. Pedestrian died and no charges filed. Just sayin.

Exactly what my husband and I were talking about. As much as we all get giddy thinking about a rival player screwing up, the facts have not been released yet. He may have done nothing more than be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Stlrs4Life
03-14-2009, 10:14 PM
Exactly what my husband and I were talking about. As much as we all get giddy thinking about a rival player screwing up, the facts have not been released yet. He may have done nothing more than be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Beat me to it. It was at 7am, I highly doubt Donte was drunk. I mean it is possible, but I doubt it. It may have been the pedestrians fault.

HometownGal
03-14-2009, 10:21 PM

Exactly. I'm not going to pass judgment on the guy until it has been fully investigated. I feel awful for the poor guy and his family no matter what the circumstances, but it's a tad unfair to point the fickle finger of blame at Stallworth when we just don't know the entire story just yet.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-14-2009, 10:43 PM
It might not be Stallworth's fault.

If he was sober, then the most he can be charged with is vehicular manslaughter.

Lets wait and see what the facts are before we go jumping to conclusions. This sounds more like it was a very unfortunate accident and not anything worse.

SteelersGirlTN7
03-14-2009, 10:47 PM
As much as I dislike the Browns, I cannot pass judgment yet..... .

Unfortunately, I can speak from personal experience. One night I was coming home from work from downtown Nashville,a different way than usual, due to traffic. This other direction led me through a not so good area of town. So, I was traveling the road, through all green lights, and never changed lanes. I got to a point of the road where there were no street lights, and it was pitch black out. The guy was just standing in the middle of the road, I don't know where he came from, because he wasn't moving (which would have made him easier to see). He was a very dark individual, with dark clothes on. I didn't see him till the last minute, and he made no attempt to get out the way. I swerved into the oncoming lane, and might have killed myself trying to miss him. Thankfully, no one was coming the other direction. All I did to him was knock him over to the sidewalk. It wasn't a bad hit, as there was zero impact to my car (which I wasn't worried about at the time). Just saying for explanation purposes. So I hurried out of the car, and someone had run out from the building on the corner and was calling 911. I walked over to him, and he wouldn't even talk to me. I was just like, OMG are you ok? I called the hospital later (about 3 hrs) and they said they had already released him. All he had was a broken leg and a bump on his head. I actually felt bad for him, until like 2 days later, when he called me. Tennessee police reports at the time had all parties information on them that were involved. Basically, he sees a young girl driving a new car and saw dollar signs. He had no ID on him at the scene and like I said, it was project/low income area. When he called, he was like, this is Willie, the guy you hit, he told me he wanted $500 or he'd see me in court. I told him I was sorry, but that's what I have insurance for. No one was cited on the scene. Basically, he was jaywalking, but I think the police let it go, because he was hurt.

So, anyway, you just never know what people are thinking. If Stallworth was at fault, then I say throw the book at him, but I'll reserve my judgment till all the details come out.

calsteeler
03-14-2009, 11:15 PM
I am certainly with those who say wait til all the facts come out. However, there are some that I've seen already. One, according to a unnamed police official, the man who was killed was not off the durb very far. Two, this WAS in the South Beach area of miami, that area is not known for it's tea drinking retiries, ah, not unless it's Long Island tea :-)

However, as it goes to Sralworth being Intoxicated, I hate to say this but it might be better for him if he was. I mean if the death was his fault I mean. Believe it or not, when you are of a deminished capasity, your Attorney has more ammo to get you off. However, if one is sober, and aware of his faculties, then in the eyes of the Law it is a much more egregious offense, and harder for a lawyer to defend. Wreckless endangerment, along with Vehicular manslaughter, and depraved indifferance are ALL chargers that can be attached to a driver who kills a pedestrian and who is NOT drunk. Those charges cannot be applied in most cases when a driver is impaired.

Sad, but true. Lets just wait to see what comes out further. But either way, my heart goes out to the family of that man.

KeiselPower99
03-15-2009, 12:03 AM
I dont wish this kinda stuff on anyone even if he is a Cleveland Brown. When I was in high school a guy I played football with was rivin to school one morning and out of nowhere a old lady appeared and he hit her and the car behind him did as well. It was an accident and the family of her realized that as well. Accidents happen. But if he was drinking then this is only gonna get worse for him.

Galax Steeler
03-15-2009, 07:53 AM
I hope the best for him and hopefully he wasn't drinking.

SteelersTilIDie
03-15-2009, 05:11 PM
I love how everyone automatically wants to prosecute him, maybe it was an honest accident, and the article said that the guy ran out in front of him, and that he cooperated perfectly with the police.

T&B fan
03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
this is a car hitting someone .

The Patriot
03-15-2009, 08:45 PM
I love how the attitude of this thread changed dramatically following the input of several influential people. :chuckle:

lilyoder6
03-15-2009, 10:06 PM
I love how the attitude of this thread changed dramatically following the input of several influential people. :chuckle:

i love the fact that these same ppl who are "Waiting" to pass judgement on stallworth are the same ppl who jumped on 1st sight to pass judgement on steeler players if they got into something that could or could not become a crime and/or the severity of what taken place

calsteeler
03-15-2009, 10:08 PM
This is the latest update from the AP on the incident down below

The only new information of note in the latest article is that a witness claims that the incident occurred after Stallworth tried to beat a red light by going around a vehicle that already had stopped at the light.  If that?s the case, Stallworth might be in big trouble even if his blood alcohol content was below the legal limit.

Now fans this is the kind of BS reporting that gets to me. I mean yeah, if the above addition to the AP story is true, one would think Stallworth is in deep you know what. But, don't you think that if true, the Cops would have talked to that witness at the scene, and Stallworth would have been arrested for at the very least,,,Wreckless endangerment ?
But since he wasn't, doesn't this kinda prove this is BS reporting ?

I hope so, cause if not, and there was a witness who saw that, and reported it to the cops at the scene and Stallworth wasn't arrested. Then Miami needs some better cops down there.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Watch the live video from the accident scene

Donte' Stallworth's sobriety test put on video after Miami Beach accident

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami-dade/breaking-news/story/951343.html

Galax Steeler
03-16-2009, 04:43 AM
All I can say if he was in the wrong then I hope he gets what he deserves.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 01:28 PM
Report: Stallworth To Be Charged After Pedestrian's Death

MIAMI, Fla. -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth is reportedly expected to be charged after he was the driver in an accident that resulted in the death of a pedestrian on Saturday morning.

According to Yahoo Sports, driving under the influence, vehicular manslaughter and reckless driving are among the possible charges.

A Miami Herald report stated that 59-year-old Mario Reyes was the victim involved and that Stallworth appeared to drive his Bentley around a stopped vehicle to beat a red light.

http://www.newsnet5.com/sports/18938713/detail.html

------------------------------

He's ska-roood

Godfather
03-16-2009, 01:59 PM
He's ska-roood

Maybe not. Ask Leonard Little.

steelreserve
03-16-2009, 02:15 PM

OK, fine, you do have to remember people are innocent until proven guilty.

Having said that, it was at 7 a.m. in Miami ... $20 says he was on his way home from the strip club where he'd been drinking all night. Any takers?

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
this is a car hitting someone .

That is why I am pissed that I pay top dollar for insurance because I am young and male, but she pays the lowest possible because she is aged and female...

BULLSHIT!:mad:

I hate to say it, but I found it a little amusing that she was looking right at the pedestrian in the first pic, but plows over him anyway and is looking elsewhere in the second pic as the guy's flying through the air. :chuckle:

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 02:51 PM
OK, fine, you do have to remember people are innocent until proven guilty.

Having said that, it was at 7 a.m. in Miami ... $20 says he was on his way home from the strip club where he'd been drinking all night. Any takers?

He should have the Pacman drive. He is only dangerous in the Strip Club.

This is a tragedy. It doesn't matter if it was an NFL player or Joe Shmo the man's family still suffered a terrible loss. Of course, it will matter when it gets to court. If Stallworth was drunk he deserves what he gets.

memphissteelergirl
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Sad situation all around, for Stallworth and the victim's family.

That said though, I would not be too surprised if the family files a wrongful death suit and tries to get as much $$$$ out of this as possible.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
He's ska-roood

Maybe not. Ask Leonard Little.

Or Pacman Jones.

steelwall
03-16-2009, 10:51 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging: If he was drunk or under the influence of something as sources are now indicating......please come on...running over a guy in your 'Bentley' ......call an f'n cab you moron.

Fire Haley
03-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Ska-rooood - just like I perdicted.

Browns | Stallworth drunk when car struck pedestrian
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:57:20 -0700
Jennifer Lebovich, of the Miami Herald, reports blood alcohol tests show Cleveland Browns WR Donte' Stallworth was legally drunk when the car he was driving struck and killed a pedestrian, according to a source.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Ska-rooood - just like I perdicted.

Browns | Stallworth drunk when car struck pedestrian
Thu, 19 Mar 2009 11:57:20 -0700
Jennifer Lebovich, of the Miami Herald, reports blood alcohol tests show Cleveland Browns WR Donte' Stallworth was legally drunk when the car he was driving struck and killed a pedestrian, according to a source.:shake02:

Galax Steeler
03-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I hope they nail him good over this one.

The Duke
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
Well if it's official then I can finally say....Stallworth is a freakin moron!!

nice signing browns

xfl2001fan
03-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Well if it's official then I can finally say....Stallworth is a freakin moron!!

nice signing browns

I don't know too many Browns fans that were excited about this signing to begin with. Get rid of him. He's worse than useless...because he's an expensive useless.

steelreserve
03-19-2009, 05:28 PM
Where's my $20?

Was I right that he was on his way home from a strip club too? Either way, I want my money.

Steeler in Carolina
03-19-2009, 10:05 PM
If he was drunk, he should be locked up for life. He should not get the Leonard Little slap on the wrist. These celebs need to realize they are not bigger than the law.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
03-19-2009, 10:17 PM
if convicted on the charge of manslaughter (not specific on which kind) it carries a sentence of 15 years in prison...

steelwall
03-19-2009, 11:07 PM
Absolutly disgusting.....

HometownGal
03-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Lock the drunk dirtbag away for a long, long time. No preferential treatment, no penthouse suite. Oooooo - Bubba is gonna love runnin' his big, fat callused fingers through those dreads.

Hey Donte - I think you'd best be investing in some soap on a rope, pal.

MasterOfPuppets
03-19-2009, 11:48 PM
MIAMI (AP) - Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth was driving drunk when he struck and killed a pedestrian, according to media reports on Thursday.

WSVN-TV reported that unnamed sources with knowledge of the investigation said Stallworth's blood-alcohol level was between .08 and .16. The legal limit is .08. The Miami Herald also cited an unnamed source as saying that Stallworth's blood-alcohol level was above the legal limit.

The Miami Beach Police Department refused to confirm the reports. Ed Griffith, spokesman for Miami-Dade County prosecutor Katherine Fernandez Rundle, would say only that the investigation is focusing on whether alcohol was a factor in the death of 59-year-old Mario Reyes.

Reyes was struck and killed by a Bentley driven by Stallworth about 7 a.m. Saturday. Reyes, a crane operator, had just gotten off work and was trying to catch a bus when he was hit.

No charges have been filed against Stallworth, 28. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, nor his attorney, Robert Switke, returned calls from The Associated Press seeking comment. Stallworth issued a statement on Wednesday saying he was "grief stricken" over Reyes' death.

If Stallworth was drunk, he could be charged with DUI manslaughter which carries a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but was injured for much of it. He previously played for New England, Philadelphia and New Orleans in the NFL. then he'll get slammed with a civil suit on top of it....he's screwed.

Fire Haley
03-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Where's my $20?

Was I right that he was on his way home from a strip club too? Either way, I want my money.

It's always about the money with you - are you a hooker?

lilyoder6
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
still the police are not confirming the tests and there has been no arrests.. so something strange is going on

steelreserve
03-20-2009, 05:17 PM
It's always about the money with you - are you a hooker?

You say that as if you disapprove. Hey, it's tough holding down two jobs.

lilyoder6
03-20-2009, 05:44 PM

no shit bout that..i be working hella much too

in fact between me and my 2 brother's we have a combine 10 jobs.. lol and obama wants to share the wealth?? eff those lazy ass ppl

Fire Haley
03-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Dissaprove?

Not at all.

I admire those entrepreneurial aspirations that propel our civilization forward, Gold Rush saloons were not complete without dancing girls to mix with the gold.

rbryan
03-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Its all good......he flashed his lights right before he ran him over.

You think maybe his agent / PR people would have suggested he remove the do rag, maybe put on a suit, before he appeared at his press conference to "give his side of the story"

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 12:18 PM
If this was me (or any other ham-n-egger off the street), I'd have been jailed, tried, and sentenced for vehicular manslaughter for this and be serving a few years prison sentence.

Has he even been charged yet?

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 12:28 PM
Nope, they're waiting for the Tox-Screen to come back. There's a rumor rolling that alcohol was a contributing factor...though I haven't read anything concrete yet.

rbryan
03-25-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm curious as to why it's taking so long to determine if he had alcohol in his system.

Did they send the blood samples out of the country for testing?

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 12:39 PM
They sent for more than just alcohol though.

I believe it generally takes up to 3 weeks before all of the results come back...and they won't release any information until they have all the information.

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 12:48 PM
He was legally drunk. That has already been established.

So they are waiting to see what else he was on?

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 12:51 PM
He was legally drunk. That has already been established.

So they are waiting to see what else he was on?

Where did you see that he was legally drunk? (Don't want to sound like an ass). Do you have a link? Just trying to stay informed on the situation with a guy who's not really good enough to be our #4 WR.

revefsreleets
03-25-2009, 01:04 PM
I think I heard it on the radio. It wasn't a guess, either, it was stated that he was at leats twice the legal limit (over .16).

xfl2001fan
03-25-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I heard it on the radio. It wasn't a guess, either, it was stated that he was at leats twice the legal limit (over .16).

Ahh, the "Star" treatment at it's best. I let my tags go for two weeks...and my car gets impounded. Sad.

Fire Haley
03-25-2009, 01:10 PM
You can read the actual police report at the accident scene.

It's not the full report, but it appears the runner got hit outside the crosswalk - he might get off if the blood test comes back negative.

Check it out..

http://www.fox8.com/extras/wjw/miscfiles/DOC151.PDF

Fire Haley
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Looks like today is the day

Donte' Stallworth expected to be charged with DUI manslaughter

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH
MiamiHerald.com

DUI manslaughter charges are expected to be filed Wednesday afternoon against Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, alleging the football player was driving drunk last month when he struck and killed a pedestrian on Miami Beach, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

Blood tests revealed Stallworth had a blood alcohol level of .12 after the 7 a.m. crash, a second source with knowledge of the investigation told The Miami Herald.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/978852.html

revefsreleets
04-01-2009, 01:05 PM
"And with the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select......Wide Receiver from Texas Tech, Michael Crabtree"

steelreserve
04-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Looks like today is the day

Donte' Stallworth expected to be charged with DUI manslaughter

BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH
MiamiHerald.com

DUI manslaughter charges are expected to be filed Wednesday afternoon against Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte' Stallworth, alleging the football player was driving drunk last month when he struck and killed a pedestrian on Miami Beach, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/978852.html

You know, I have to wonder if this was all a really elaborate April Fool's joke.

Fire Haley
04-01-2009, 01:11 PM
"And with the 5th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select......Wide Receiver from Texas Tech, Michael Crabtree"

Unfortunately, the Browns have traded their #5 pick + Quinn, for Cutler.

Read about it tomorrow.

revefsreleets
04-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Surely it will be a round 2 pick? Or Rogers?

I think they'll keep that #5 if they go after Cutler.

Bad news for the Browns fans, though (but what else is new?): Mangina actually LIKES Derek Anderson at QB. Really! And I mean NOT as an Arena League or UFL QB, but a real NFL starter.

You guys are SO screwed!

steelreserve
04-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Also, I wonder if Goodell will somehow find a way to give the Patriots an extra draft pick out of this.

... oh, wait. He already did.

xfl2001fan
04-01-2009, 02:10 PM

Read about it tomorrow.

Where's the April Fools come in?

Fire Haley
04-01-2009, 02:13 PM
Word on the street is Denver wants two #1 picks for Cutler.

John Clayton says there's a 65% chance that Quinn goes to Denver.

Meanwhile, the Browns will be needing another WR.

steelreserve
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM

So, when nobody offers two #1 picks for him because they're not completely retarded, do the Broncos just keep Cutler after all, or what's the deal with that?

lilyoder6
04-01-2009, 06:38 PM
the browns can send either qb a 2nd, and then rogers... and that still not good enough throw in edwards.. :sofunny:

Fire Haley
04-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Told ya he's screwed

Stallworth charged in man's death

MIAMI -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth was charged Wednesday with killing a pedestrian last month while driving drunk in Miami.

An arrest warrant charging Stallworth, 28, with DUI manslaughter was filed in the March 14 accident that killed 59-year-old Mario Reyes. If convicted, Stallworth would face a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

Stallworth

Stallworth's blood-alcohol level after the crash was .126, well above Florida's legal limit of .08, according to results of a blood test. Stallworth will also be charged with DUI, which carries a possible six-month sentence plus fines and community service for first offenders.

Stallworth, who is expected to surrender in court Thursday, released a statement last month saying he was "grief-stricken" over the accident. Prosecutors said they will ask that he be released on $200,000 bail.

Stallworth will be prohibited from driving while on bail and not allowed to drink alcohol, according to court documents. He also must observe a 12 a.m. to 6 a.m. curfew and must submit to random alcohol and drug testing through the NFL's substance abuse program.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4033632

devilsdancefloor
04-01-2009, 10:10 PM
wow he is screwed and it doesnt matter who is the QB of the stains anderson or quinn who are they gonna throw it too?

xfl2001fan
04-02-2009, 07:04 AM
First there is:

Read about it tomorrow.

Followed up with:

John Clayton says there's a 65% chance that Quinn goes to Denver.

Meanwhile, the Browns will be needing another WR.

Which is it? :noidea: You sure changed your opinion fast...just over 1 hour time difference between posts.

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 08:23 AM
Personally, I hope the Mankok regime keeps both Quinn and Andersuck.

Another QB controversy year will be fun to watch.

Especially with no WR's to throw to.

The Curse lives on in Browntown.

lilyoder6
04-02-2009, 09:32 AM
either way if they do trade for cutler they will either still have anderson and quinn asking for a trade

revefsreleets
04-02-2009, 09:53 AM
There is a 0.00000001% chance he actually had the foresight to flash this guy.

That's a steaming pile of Patriot shit...

rbryan
04-02-2009, 10:18 AM
They still have Edwards to throw too.

Just because he's not on NFL network evey 5 minutes doing that commercial, he is still on Clevelands roster.

Gee.....I wonder why they don't show that commercial anymore.......lol

xfl2001fan
04-02-2009, 10:20 AM
They still have Edwards to throw too.

Just because he's not on NFL network evey 5 minutes doing that commercial, he is still on Clevelands roster.

Gee.....I wonder why they don't show that commercial anymore.......lol

Throwing the ball to someone...and having someone catch it are two very different scenarios.

If BE could hold onto the ball, it might be worth throwing to him.

revefsreleets
04-02-2009, 11:21 AM
And with their current roster of WR's, the opposition can double cover Braylon every down now.

I'm telling you, with Stallworth in prison (and that's almost inevitable), they need a Mike Crabtree if they want to have any kind of passing attack at all next year. Patten is a #3 at BEST.

steel_town
04-02-2009, 12:08 PM
the browns never get a break, first their best option winslow is traded and now this. that means their best wr braylon butterfingers edwards

steelreserve
04-02-2009, 12:19 PM
There is a 0.00000001% chance he actually had the foresight to flash this guy.

That's a steaming pile of Patriot shit...

Yeah, and did you catch how the police report said Stallworth originally told officers he hit a man who was lying in the street? What a crock of shit. It was pretty easy to skim over that because there was so much else going on in the story, but it really seems like a pathetic attempt to weasel his way out of it.

edit: never mind .. the newer version of the story from this morning cleared it up and said he told them he hit "the man lying in the street", not "a man lying in the street." So I guess you can ignore everything I just said.

xfl2001fan
04-02-2009, 12:25 PM
And with their current roster of WR's, the opposition can double cover Braylon every down now.

I'm telling you, with Stallworth in prison (and that's almost inevitable), they need a Mike Crabtree if they want to have any kind of passing attack at all next year. Patten is a #3 at BEST.

As much as I don't want to see another 1st round WR...I have to agree with you here.

The only question I have is...could we not wait until round two and get Hakeem Nicks or Brian Robiskie? One of them is bound to slip into the second round...and would be a solid addition.

Save our #5 for a better prospect (overall) such as a Curry or Raji? Heck, we could even take M. Jenkins and plug him in at Safety/NB.

For that matter, in the 2nd round, we could go with TE Jared Cook (South Carolina)...to try and replace KWII.

revefsreleets
04-02-2009, 01:03 PM
I think Crabtree is NFL ready...almost a sure bet at a position where sure bets are few and far between. He fills a need, and can be a star for years to come.

steelreserve
04-02-2009, 01:54 PM
Whoever gets Crabtree is getting a hell of a deal. He has great hands, great speed, great moves, a knack for getting open ... pretty much everything you could want in a receiver. Every time I've seen him play, he's made the defense look like amateurs.

Well, since it's college football, I guess they technically ARE amateurs, but you know what I mean.

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
If I was Crabtree I'd refuse to play on a cursed team.

One year ago the Browns signed Stallworth to a 7 year $35M contract.

ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack believes it's a foregone conclusion that Donte' Stallworth will serve prison time after being charged with DUI manslaughter

Cossack says Stallworth's jail term will be a matter of "years, not months." Dynasty leaguers can feel free to cut Stallworth. He won't play in 2009.

steelreserve
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
If I was Crabtree I'd refuse to play on a cursed team.

One year ago the Browns signed Stallworth to a 7 year $35M contract.

ESPN legal analyst Roger Cossack believes it's a foregone conclusion that Donte' Stallworth will serve prison time after being charged with DUI manslaughter

Cossack says Stallworth's jail term will be a matter of "years, not months." Dynasty leaguers can feel free to cut Stallworth. He won't play in 2009.

Yeah, well Crabtree will probably get 7 years and $70 million if he goes in the top five.

Does that mean if the Browns take him, he'll be doubly cursed and kill TWO people?

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't care who the Browns take as WR - they still have Dink and Dunk as QB's.

Haven't we swept them 5 years in a row?

I ain't ascared.

Fire Haley
04-02-2009, 08:13 PM
More tidbits...

Report: Cleveland Browns' Stallworth was already in substance abuse progam
by Mary Kay Cabot / Plain Dealer Reporter
Thursday April 02, 2009, 5:31 PM

CLEVELAND -- Browns receiver Donte Stallworth was already in the NFL's substance abuse program before being charged with DUI manslaughter, according to a report, meaning he'll most likely face stiffer sanctions from the NFL if convicted.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2009/04/report_cleveland_browns_stallw_1.html

--------------------

Toast - burnt toast

revefsreleets
04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
I definitely agree...I would NOT want to play on that gawdawful franchise. Every year at least one marquee player suffers a career ending injury in camp. There are staph infections running amok. It's the Bermuda Triangle of the NFL...

rbryan
04-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Crabtree has bust written all over him IMO. Big 12 offensive #'s don't impress me that much, the fact that he's now got a bum foot doesn't bode well either.

So yeah, that would seem like the obvious choice for Cleveland....lol

For his sake I hope he keeps that foot wrapped up good when he's in the locker room.

revefsreleets
04-03-2009, 09:58 AM
A bust? I think he's one of the surest bets of this draft. He's one of the most prolific WR's in college history. With a little coaching to clean up his route running, he's going to be a great WR for years to come.

rbryan
04-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone going to the Browns just increased thier chances of being a bust.

The lions drafted the most prolific receiver coming out of college for years on end.

revefsreleets
04-03-2009, 10:15 AM
With good protection, Quinn instead of DA, and Braylon Edwards across from him, Crabtree could have success in Cleveland.

That is a LOT of if's though!