PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding

devilsdancefloor
03-14-2009, 03:17 PM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/03/14/seahawks-deal-lb-peterson-to-lions-for-dt-redding/

Seahawks deal LB Peterson to Lions for DT Redding
Posted: News | Steve Wyche | Tags: Cory Redding, Detroit Lions, Julian Peterson, Seattle Seahawks

The Seattle Seahawks have traded LB Julian Peterson to the Detroit Lions for DT Cory Redding and a 2009 fifth-round draft choice, NFL.comís Steve Wyche has confirmed.

Peterson, who has made five Pro Bowls, including the past three, has started every game but one over the last three seasons for Seattle after spending six seasons with the San Francisco 49ers. He has 46 sacks and eight interceptions over his nine-year career.

Redding played in 13 games for the Lions in 2008 before a knee injury forced him the miss the final three games of the season. He had 38 tackles and three sacks last year, and for his career has 16 sacks and 200 tackles.

The trade was first reported by foxsports.com.

KeiselPower99
03-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Who is left in the middle now for Detroit? Rogers traded last year Redding this year and Shaun Cody is a free agent.

ShutDown24
03-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Wow. Peterson being on the down hill side of his career would be an understatement. What a mediocre move by both sides. I guess at least Seattle got something out of it.

The Duke
03-14-2009, 11:40 PM
a reason to watch the lions this season- laugh at that pathetic run D

though they do have 2 first round picks. One has got to be a DT

Steelman16
03-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Basement deal? :noidea:

SunshineMan21
03-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Not a bad deal for either side. Seattle didn't really need Peterson--they have younger, cheaper LBs, and they got a decent DT who fills a need.

Detroit, on the other hand, got a high-level player who is clearly superior to Cory Redding in terms of talent. This means they may take someone like Peria Jerry at #20. Redding didn't really fit in Schwartz's scheme anyway--at least he got a good return for him.

lilyoder6
03-15-2009, 10:50 AM
well since they got peterson does that affect there number 1 selection??? are they still going to think about drafting aaron curry

HometownGal
03-15-2009, 11:14 AM
Wow. Peterson being on the down hill side of his career would be an understatement. What a mediocre move by both sides. I guess at least Seattle got something out of it.

Peterson is getting older (who isn't?) but I'd have to say he's still got some gas left in the bank. He's been on my FF IDP leagues for the last couple of years and has done well for me! :thumbsup:

I feel sorry for the guy going to the Lions. :horror:

SteelersTilIDie
03-15-2009, 04:08 PM
now if aaron curry is still available i think the seahawks would jump all over it, and redding answers the DT need with the spot vacated by Rocky Bernard