PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard when the new ring design is going to be shown?

WWIIOwheelz
03-15-2009, 05:42 PM
I could've sworn the design after the last Superbowl win was released fairly quickly.

Can't wait to see it! I still have a closeup of the last ring on my cell phone's flip.

WWIIOwheelz
03-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Still no new ring design! I keep checking the board after work every night to see if there's an update.

I'm sure the other one was made public a lot sooner after the Superbowl. Maybe because everyone knew Jerome was hanging it up and that he was in on the design?

Hammer67
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Dude...patience...I am sure it will be revealed in good time.

fansince'76
03-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Still no new ring design! I keep checking the board after work every night to see if there's an update.

I'm sure the other one was made public a lot sooner after the Superbowl. Maybe because everyone knew Jerome was hanging it up and that he was in on the design?

Nope, the ring for XL wasn't revealed until around June of '06 either.

SteelCityMan786
03-28-2009, 03:42 PM

I guess it will be around June-August area.

devilsdancefloor
03-28-2009, 03:53 PM
it wouldbe nice to see, but the only hardware i care about we already have:tt03::tt03:

SteelersMongol
03-29-2009, 07:21 AM
Nope, the ring for XL wasn't revealed until around June of '06 either.

Really? Didn't they have em when they visited the White House? & I thought the guys visited White House not 2 long after the game. :noidea:

BTW, I still have that Bush speech saved on my PC. :thumbsup:

steelerdave1969
03-29-2009, 07:59 PM
it wouldbe nice to see, but the only hardware i care about we already have:tt03::tt03:

I agree with ya there devilsdance... but I hate waiting on anything... :doh:

WWIIOwheelz
03-29-2009, 09:57 PM
You are right! Wow, I thought it was sooner.....

Jun 3, 2006 11:51 pm US/Eastern
Steelers Keeping Ring Design A Secret
KDKA's Don Cannon reports
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ―

The most closely held secret since the Steelers won the Super Bowl is about to be revealed.

But with less than 24 hours until they get their rings, none of the players are letting the cat out of the bag.

The team has been keeping the design of the ring a secret.

After their visit with the President Friday, reporters tried to pull it out of Jerome Bettis.

"They look great, they look great, they're outstanding," Bettis said.

At a celebrity charity softball game this afternoon, the teammates professed little knowledge about the rings.

"I know it will have diamonds on it, that's what we heard," Defensive End Shaun Nua told KDKA.

They aren't saying what the rings look like, but many know what they will do once they get theirs.

"I'm wearing mine for about the first two or three months everywhere I go if I ain't got nothing on but the ring, and after that I may put it away in a safe," said James Harrison.

Nua says he's giving his away to his father.

"He was one of the main people that motivated me since I was a little kid to play football and he believed that I could do it so if anyone deserves it, he deserves it."

Galax Steeler
03-30-2009, 05:13 AM
Looks like we still have a good 3 months before we will know what they look like.