PDA

View Full Version : Jags cut Matt Jones WR

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 12:10 PM
According to ESPNís Chris Mortensen, the Jaguars have released Jones, two days after he was released from jail.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars have given receiver Matt Jones" plenty of chances to live up to the hype that made the converted quarterback a first-round draft pick nearly four years ago."

------------------------------
So the Jags have Northcutt as WR and......{crickets}

Maybe they can resign Lefty and covert Garrard to WR.

Dino 6 Rings
03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
And to think, I wanted this guy on draft day. So glad we went with Miller instead.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 12:41 PM
That's two #1 WR busts for them.

Jones and Reggie Williams.

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:03 PM
I wanted him too...

Um, no thanks now. Not even at vet minimum and a partial lobotomy...

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Have the Steelers ever had a slow, whitebread WR?

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:53 PM
Sean Morey?

lilyoder6
03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
Sean Morey?

he went to the pro bowl last yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tt03:

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 03:58 PM
I like totally forgot, like, totally.

He wasn't our starter though.

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:59 PM
As a special teams player.

tony hipchest
03-16-2009, 04:10 PM
danny farmer, although i guess he was supposed to be kinda quick, he never saw the field enough to find out.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Jones had speed coming out of college didnt he?

I was against Jones in his draft year. He was rated too high and happy we didnt reach.

steelerdave1969
03-17-2009, 05:07 AM
" Jags Cut WR Matt Jones "

All I got to say is " Its About Time "

hindes204
03-17-2009, 05:10 AM
I was stationed in Little Rock back when he was drafted...everybody loved that guy...and i admit, i fell for the hype too, i remember hoping that we would draft him

Galax Steeler
03-17-2009, 06:10 AM
I wonder if the Bengals will be looking at him.:rofl:

xfl2001fan
03-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Good riddance. Get this piece of filth out of my NFL. Now, if only teams would quit signing guys like TO as well.

HometownGal
03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Good riddance to smelly garbage. It's a shame, though, as the guy does have some talent. Another NFL athlete who carries a ten cent head around on his shoulders.

calsteeler
03-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Yeah Hometowngal, i agree. And I hate to bring this up but, i truly HOPE that our head coach shows
Santonio Holmes this story, and a tape of the recent ESPN Outside the lines show on Travis henry.

Holmes as you all know admitted to selling drugs when he was in High School, a product of his tough upbringing. But said he doesn't, or hasn't done that in years. Well, he may not be selling it, but we sure know he's still using it, based on him being caught with it earlier this season, and suspended by the steelers for the Giants game.
We also know, or at least i do that coming out of college, Holmes had already fathered 3 children with three different women. In the Outside the Lines story, Travis henry to date has 11 kids with 10 different women, and now is basically broke, and had to resort to selling drugs again, and was arrested.

Someone needs to remind Santonio that he has the opportunity that ALL of us here could only dream of ever having. He's currently on top of the world. But, he also is one step away from being either another Matt Jones, or Travis Henry! I think a gentle reminder to Holmes on what he has, and what he COULD LOSE if he decides to engage in Pot again would be a smart thing to do. I don't care if Santonio this season catches say 90 + Balls for over 1800 yds and 20 + TD's, if he gets caught with even the smallest amount of Pot again, or gets arrested for something stupid, i.e., DUI, Disorderly contuct, ect, ect...I want him Cut faster then Paris Hilton takes off her clothes after a Date :-)

And I guarantee you, our Steeler organazation will!!