PDA

View Full Version : Matt Jones!

IamTheSteelGod
03-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Buy Matt Jones, he is young, fairly quick, healthy and tall for Ben! Sort his lathargic attitude out by giving him a slap! Hopefully with his latest scandle he will be going cheap as chips! :thumbsup::tt:

SteelerFanStuckInBaltimor
03-16-2009, 12:25 PM
The Steelers don't sign problem children. Leave him for the Raiders or the Cowboys...

The_WARDen
03-16-2009, 12:28 PM
:ak47::rocket::dualies:

MasterOfPuppets
03-16-2009, 12:35 PM
i was wondering how long it would take for this.....:shake02:

truesteelerfan
03-16-2009, 12:42 PM
I think IF we did sign him...Hines could set him straight...But no... we won't sign someone with baggage very often....Not very many ppl like Santonio even who's baggage was relatively light compared to Jones

steelreserve
03-16-2009, 12:48 PM
Not a chance. We're smart enough to stay away from the kinds of players who put less emphasis on playing the game than they do on being all gitto wit hella weed an' gold teef. Especially if we know that's how they are ahead of time.

BlastFurnace
03-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Good grief....are we bored or what.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Buy Matt Jones, he is young, fairly quick, healthy and tall for Ben!

And a cokehead.... :coffee:

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Isnt he a crack head?

IamTheSteelGod
03-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Blooming heck, you yanks are always smoking something! Get over your selfs I bet more than half of the NFL have took something, but you only scruntinize the ones that get caught.

Pi Kapp Steeler
03-16-2009, 01:08 PM
Blooming heck, you yanks are always smoking something! Get over your selfs I bet more than half of the NFL have took something, but you only scruntinize the ones that get caught.

That would explain how a 6'6 220 pound white man can run so fast! :chuckle:

steelreserve
03-16-2009, 01:18 PM
And a cokehead.... :coffee:

How come we don't have a cocaine snorting smiley? We definitely need that, as well as a bong hit smiley, a DUI smiley, a strip club smiley and a domestic violence smiley. And a stabbing smiley. This IS the modern NFL, you know.

IamTheSteelGod
03-16-2009, 01:21 PM
How come we don't have a cocaine snorting smiley? We definitely need that, as well as a bong hit smiley, a DUI smiley, a strip club smiley and a domestic violence smiley. And a stabbing smiley. This IS the modern NFL, you know.

Ha, like it. Can he block? As a seperate question.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
How come we don't have a cocaine snorting smiley?

Here ya go.

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1994.gif

LVSteelersfan
03-16-2009, 01:30 PM
There always has to be someone who wants us to pick up the Matt Jones type players because they can be had cheap. GET A FREAKIN' CLUE. Steelers wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. Next thing someone will be saying we need to pick up Michael Vick.

stlrtruck
03-16-2009, 01:35 PM
Next thing someone will be saying we need to pick up Michael Vick.

Wait, what? You mean we don't need The Vickster? But our QB sucks and Vick is getting out of jail soon. Dude he could have won us the 4 other games this past year! :hatsoff:

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 01:44 PM
Wait, what? You mean we don't need The Vickster? But our QB sucks and Vick is getting out of jail soon. Dude he could have won us the 4 other games this past year! :hatsoff:

I'm sure he would play for the Vet minimum. :chuckle::wink02:

Hammer67
03-16-2009, 02:01 PM

Um...yes, that's right, because you are innocent until proven guilty. And, the Steelers don't sign already guilty players.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Next thing someone will be saying we need to pick up Michael Vick.

Not me, I'm holding out for Rae Carruth's parole hearing in 2018.

The_WARDen
03-16-2009, 02:20 PM
PacMan is available...he would solve our kick return issues also.

:popcorn:

Edman
03-16-2009, 02:34 PM
Not me, I'm holding out for Rae Carruth's parole hearing in 2018.

There's still the possibility of him being denied. So that's really taking a gamble. Hopefully the Steelers will have another few Super Bowls by then.

Galax Steeler
03-16-2009, 02:45 PM
I say no to Matt Jones.

calsteeler
03-16-2009, 02:47 PM
We need a reliable 3rd WR, preferably with good character...Matt Jones is neither. He's been a inconsitent player since he was drafted. As for Hines setting him straight...laughable :-)

Yeah, Hines has really did a good job in the past with Plex huh ?,,and Ced Wilson,,not to mention James harrison who went " OJ " on his Ex-wife!
Not to mention our current SB MVP Santonio Holmes, who is one more incident away from winning the NFL's " Paplo Escobar " award :-) :-)

LOL!!

The_WARDen
03-16-2009, 03:01 PM
We need a reliable 3rd WR, preferably with good character...Matt Jones is neither. He's been a inconsitent player since he was drafted. As for Hines setting him straight...laughable :-)

Yeah, Hines has really did a good job in the past with Plex huh ?,,and Ced Wilson,,not to mention James harrison who went " OJ " on his Ex-wife!
Not to mention our current SB MVP Santonio Holmes, who is one more incident away from winning the NFL's " Paplo Escobar " award :-) :-)

LOL!!

Harrison murdered his ex-wife? Funny how that never made the news...

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM
Matt Jones?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calsteeler
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Harrison murdered his ex-wife? Funny how that never made the news...

OJ murdered his ex-wife, really when. cause last I heard, he was found INNOCENT! It was in ALL the papers, maybe you should do a Google seasrch!
Oh but what OJ DID do years before the death of his Ex-wife was commit multiple domestic assaults on Nicole Brown....DAH!!!!

That's what I meant by saying Harrison went " OJ "
on his own Ex-wife.

Are we learning yet ?....Idiot!!!

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 03:22 PM

Please chill with the namecalling.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-16-2009, 03:34 PM
I say no to Matt Jones.

I said no to matt jones on his draft day and that is one that I can say I got it right.

I also said no to Greg Jones. Rmember the video of him running somebody over in a game that a lot of folks got excited about??

I remember Jones beating McFadden in the Senior Bowl week a lot and was down on McFadden. I was wrong on that one and Bmac turned out to be a pretty good corner. Pass the dutchie (Matt Jones) on the left hand side!!

aclark99
03-16-2009, 03:36 PM
No way he is a crack head. Although maybe Jones and Holmes would be a great "Cheech & Chong"

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 04:23 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. NO

Steelman16
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
I bet Matt feels all fuzzy inside seeing 3 whole pages dedicated to him on a message board. After all, everyone is entitled to some happiness.

:coffee:

4xSBChamps
03-16-2009, 04:52 PM
the first Rule of Life is -

ya cain't polish a turd

learn-it, live-it, love-it.

rich4eagle
03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Buy Matt Jones, he is young, fairly quick, healthy and tall for Ben! Sort his lathargic attitude out by giving him a slap! Hopefully with his latest scandle he will be going cheap as chips! :thumbsup::tt:

I say if you can get him on the cheap this may be a great deal:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Preacher
03-16-2009, 05:30 PM
the first Rule of Life is -

ya cain't polish a turd

learn-it, live-it, love-it.

Actually,

You can.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

:chuckle:

steelerdave1969
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM

No Thanks

TampaSteelerFan
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
The Steelers rarely meet a WR who is a converted college QB that they don't like :noidea:

And as the above post proves, a turd can in fact be polished! :laughing:

That said, no way they go after Jones!

Nighthawk
03-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Here ya go.

http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1994.gif

haha that was great, pretty much sums up what even I think of the kid and I am willing to let more slip then most I think with questionable personalities

4xSBChamps
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Actually,

You can.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/mythbusters-polishing-a-turd.html

:chuckle:

..... it figures that those 2 twinks would try proving something like this.....

:doh:

St33lersguy
03-16-2009, 07:49 PM
Who do you think the Steelers are the Bungles? He sucks anyway

Pghhomer
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Matt Jones would be a PERFECT FIT....if it weren't for that drug thing........and that ...alcohol incident....But really he would be exactly what this offense needs.

86WARD
03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Dude is garbage...no thanks.

JackHammer
03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
F**k Matt Jones.

BlastFurnace
03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I can't believe that Matt Jones got a 5 page thread on our board.

steelballs
03-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Matt Jones has as much of a chance of signing with the Steelers as Duce Staley would have.

The_WARDen
03-17-2009, 08:20 AM
OJ murdered his ex-wife, really when. cause last I heard, he was found INNOCENT! It was in ALL the papers, maybe you should do a Google seasrch!
Oh but what OJ DID do years before the death of his Ex-wife was commit multiple domestic assaults on Nicole Brown....DAH!!!!

That's what I meant by saying Harrison went " OJ "
on his own Ex-wife.

When do you leave the board? We will miss your true brilliance.

:popcorn:

Pentheon
03-17-2009, 08:49 AM
We dont need another tall receiver. Theres nothing wrong with workin with sweed on his catching and whatever else he needs to improve on.

Hes a young receiver, he'll be good in a few years.

Jackal
03-17-2009, 09:03 AM
We dont need another tall receiver. Theres nothing wrong with workin with sweed on his catching and whatever else he needs to improve on.

Hes a young receiver, he'll be good in a few years.

Methinks you hath hit yond nail on its head.

HometownGal
03-17-2009, 09:29 AM
Matt Jones would be a PERFECT FIT....if it weren't for that drug thing........and that ...alcohol incident....But really he would be exactly what this offense needs.

:doh::doh::doh:

How so is Jones a "perfect fit" for the Steelers and "just what this offense needs"? The Steelers don't pick up other team's garbage off the curb.

GBMelBlount
03-17-2009, 09:37 AM

I agree homer! Plus his lack of motivation and laziness and often poor performance.....but other than that I think he is EXACTLY what this offense needs! :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
03-17-2009, 09:47 AM
I agree homer! Plus his lack of motivation and laziness and often poor performance.....but other than that I think he is EXACTLY what this offense needs! :chuckle:

"..... BOOM.....

http://ickscorner.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/t1_keyshawn.jpg

once you get beyond his drug-problems, the alcohol-incident while on probation, inability to motivate himself, laziness, poor-performance, and the prospect that he might be the next player to take target-practice on his body, he is possibly just what the Steelers to have a winning record in '09....."

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Matt Jones is an awesome fit......

....for me too poop on....

http://www.uninvitedgrace.com/triumph/01.png

CPanther95
03-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Can he block?

He's probably a hell of a Crack Blocker.

stlrtruck
03-17-2009, 01:45 PM
He's probably a hell of a Crack Blocker.

Crack being the operative word in this statement!!! :rofl: (Somedays I kill me)

rich4eagle
03-17-2009, 05:01 PM

Matt Jones can be a steal, immense talent and a kid who has his problems, take a chance on this guy, who can be a big time contributor and young

sumtimes yu gotta roll the dice

I am sure The FO will carefully consider:tt03:

TampaSteelerFan
03-17-2009, 05:37 PM
:doh::doh::doh:

How so is Jones a "perfect fit" for the Steelers and "just what this offense needs"? The Steelers don't pick up other team's garbage off the curb.

Exactly...they Steelers don't play that game of picking up other teams' trash. That is the job of the Bucs down here in Tampa...they specialize in it. They will probably sign Matt Jones so they can put him on the field at the same time as Jeramy Stevens. :laughing:

4xSBChamps
03-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Exactly...they Steelers don't play that game of picking up other teams' trash. That is the job of the Bucs down here in Tampa...they specialize in it. They will probably sign Matt Jones so they can put him on the field at the same time as Jeramy Stevens. :laughing:

..... put him in the fox-hole with the f'n-soldya.....

TampaSteelerFan
03-17-2009, 06:08 PM
..... put him in the fox-hole with the f'n-soldya.....

Good call... I bet Michael "I like to run over my wife with my car" Pittman wants some of this too. They might as well bring him back into the mix. Who wouldn't want Jones, Stevens, Pittman and the F'n Soldja on the field all at once! All that is missing is Plaxico.

4xSBChamps
03-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Good call... I bet Michael "I like to run over my wife with my car" Pittman wants some of this too. They might as well bring him back into the mix. Who wouldn't want Jones, Stevens, Pittman and the F'n Soldja on the field all at once! All that is missing is Plaxico.

..... wait'll they make a play for Vick.....

[B]"..... the Pewter Pirates will have lotsa weapons on the field in '09....."

[/Buccaneer Play-by-play Announcer]

Rhee Rhee
03-19-2009, 12:51 PM
WOW. first the trade ben for cutler and now this thread...

Stillers33
03-19-2009, 03:29 PM
the rooneys are way to cool to sign him (100th post!)