PDA

View Full Version : March Madness - SF bracketology

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 02:31 PM
BB doesn't seem very high on the radar around here, which is fine with me because it is kind of down my list a bit as well behind the NFL and hockey. However, I do love the Tournament. It might be the best test of true championship metal in all of sports. Anyhow, I am rooting for Pitt, and if no one else starts it first, I might start a thread for specifically their games.

AnyWho, just thought we needed a place to discuss how badly we will all surely do with are brackets. :laughing:

I went "chalk" (although I hate that term) this year with my picks at ESPN Tournament challenge. Anyone who played our NFL challenge is already signed up with an ESPN account, so all you have to do is imput your picks and click save. Believe me when I say I will be much worse at this.:toofunny:

My final eight are: Louisvillie, Mich St., Uconn, Memphis, Pitt, Nova, UNC and Okla.

Final four: Louisvillie, Pitt, Memphis and UNC.

Finally, I took Pitt over Louisvillie.

I know that's a boring bracket. Surely, there will be upsets, but I'm just not feeling them. Uconn, IMO, is the most likey of the one seeds to lose early. I also think Syracuse has a decent chance to come through to the final eight. Picking Pitt to beat UNC might be a stretch, but I have to go with Pitt because this could be their best chance in my lifetime.

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 03:41 PM
We should start an SF bracket...why not?

As always, yahoo is running free bracketology...

SteelCityMan786
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
I'll run a Yahoo or CBS Sportsline one. Your pick unless you desire to step yourself.

Steelman16
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
I filled in 5 brackets on yahoo.

1 just straight top seeds.
1 just popular picks.
1 with carefully crafted upsets (actually read the stats for all the matchups....)
2 with random matchup winners...mostly upsets. (Cleveland State going all the way? :laughing: )

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 06:33 PM
I'll run a Yahoo or CBS Sportsline one. Your pick unless you desire to step yourself.

go ahead ... just let me know how to find our group.

Godfather
03-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Why do they have a tournament anyway? It's going to cause the players to miss too much class. Fan bases will have to travel three straight weekends in some cases. It makes the regular season meaningless. It gives a bunch of undeserving bottom feeders a cut of the revenue. Typical let everyone play so they feel good about themselves, PC, redistributive mentality. And it doesn't even get rid of the controversy--just look at St. Mary's/Arizona.

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Why do they have a tournament anyway? It's going to cause the players to miss too much class. Fan bases will have to travel three straight weekends in some cases. It makes the regular season meaningless. It gives a bunch of undeserving bottom feeders a cut of the revenue. Typical let everyone play so they feel good about themselves, PC, redistributive mentality. And it doesn't even get rid of the controversy--just look at St. Mary's/Arizona.

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh priceless. Good stuff. I think you can puchase the answers to Under Water Fire Prevention course final online for about $20.00.

IMO, what makes this a great tourny is not a lack of controversy, but rather, that even teams that feel snubbed can't honestly say they didn't have their "destiny" (sorry Bob Costas) in their own hands. St. Mary's can claim all they want that they were deserving (and maybe they were), but if they had beaten Gonzaga, and then won their tournament, they couldn't have been denied a spot. Contrast that to NCAA football where a Utah/Boise beat every team in front of them and don't get a chance to win it all.

Godfather
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing: Oh priceless. Good stuff. I think you can puchase the answers to Under Water Fire Prevention course final online for about $20.00.

IMO, what makes this a great tourny is not a lack of controversy, but rather, that even teams that feel snubbed can't honestly say they didn't have their "destiny" (sorry Bob Costas) in their own hands. St. Mary's can claim all they want that they were deserving (and maybe they were), but if they had beaten Gonzaga, and then won their tournament, they couldn't have been denied a spot. Contrast that to NCAA football where a Utah/Boise beat every team in front of them and don't get a chance to win it all.

Oh, I agree 100%. I was mocking the arguments the B(C)S apologists always make.

SteelCityMan786
03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Yahoo Sports Bound we are for the picks.

144831 and steelersfever

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 11:43 PM
Yahoo Sports Bound we are for the picks.

144831 and steelersfever

Its just me and you right now SCM

pittsburghp8baller
03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
i joined, didnt really get into college basketball this year, so i doubt i do that good

OneForTheToe
03-17-2009, 01:42 AM
I am registered. Thanks, SteelCityMan786.

I have very few upsets as one can see. So I have to make one crazy pick in the first round. It is a tradition I have had since .... well, starting now. So N. Dakata St will beat Kansas.

OneForTheToe
03-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Oh, I agree 100%. I was mocking the arguments the B(C)S apologists always make.

I figured that after I got passed the study part. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: ... it still gets me. Study? :rofl:

steelerdave1969
03-17-2009, 05:58 AM
My Final Four on ESPN looks like this

UNC
-vs-
Pittsburgh

and

Memphis
-vs-
UCONN

With N.Carolina defeating Memphis for the National Tittle

hindes204
03-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Im in.......my bracket is STEEL CITY PRIDE......thats the name i always use for fantasy sports

Fordy
03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
My Final Four on ESPN looks like this

UNC
-vs-
Pittsburgh

and

Memphis
-vs-
UCONN

With N.Carolina defeating Memphis for the National Tittle

isnt Memphis and Uconn in the same region?

I have Wake Forest, Uconn, Pitt, and Unc with UNC BEATING Uconn for the title.

revefsreleets
03-17-2009, 04:31 PM
I have a feeling this is the year Memphis doesn't choke.

stlrtruck
03-18-2009, 07:31 AM
Well I guess I signed up too late - because it won't allow me to do the bracket picks. I"ll try again later.

hindes204
03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
15-16 on the first night...not bad! i missed the Illinois game, but i think most people in america missed that one

revefsreleets
03-21-2009, 03:42 PM
My brackets are all busted up! Eeeshka!

stlrtruck
03-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Currently at 32 of 40 - not bad I guess.

OneForTheToe
03-22-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm coming back a little. now if Pitt could just do the same. This game makes me nervous. OKL St. needs to get cold from the 3 point line.

fansince'76
03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm coming back a little. now if Pitt could just do the same. This game makes me nervous. OKL St. needs to get cold from the 3 point line.

Pitt's moving on to the Sweet Sixteen! :thmbup: Good game. :applaudit:

hindes204
03-31-2009, 02:02 AM
wow.......my bracket looks like somebody bled all over it....its all red. oh well, like i always say about the pirates, theres always next year

pittsburghp8baller
03-31-2009, 02:43 AM
wow.......my bracket looks like somebody bled all over it....its all red. oh well, like i always say about the pirates, theres always next year

yea im pretty sure im screwed especially since Pitt loss. oh well, i didnt really follow basketball this year.

stlrtruck
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Finally I won a bracket. Doesn't mean much because there was no money involved and usually when there is, I lose!!

I also won at least $16 in the office pool. If UNC wins then I take home $48.

GO TARHEELS

OneForTheToe
04-10-2009, 03:09 AM
Finally I won a bracket. Doesn't mean much because there was no money involved and usually when there is, I lose!!

I also won at least $16 in the office pool. If UNC wins then I take home $48.

GO TARHEELS

You're buying.

Congratulations, stlrtruck. I was pretty proud not to finish in last.:thumbsup: I thought it would be bad form to brag about such a thing.:wink02:

stlrtruck
04-10-2009, 08:49 AM
You're buying.

Congratulations, stlrtruck. I was pretty proud not to finish in last.:thumbsup: I thought it would be bad form to brag about such a thing.:wink02:

Thanks, but the money is gone. If we were closer, I could have gotten you a soda (LOL). I made the mistake of telling my wife and then of course my oldest failed to put gas in the truck. Will kids ever learn?