PDA

View Full Version : Steelers sign linebacker Arnold Harrison

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 02:50 PM
Why us Lord? Why us?

Steelers sign linebacker Arnold Harrison
Monday, March 16, 2009
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Although they still have not signed anyone else's free agent, the Steelers signed another one of their own today.

Linebacker Arnold Harrison signed a one-year contract to return to the team. He spent last season on injured reserve and was not tendered an offer as a restricted free agent this year, making him unrestricted.

----------------------------------------------

I guess our S.T's are now complete, is his ACL even healed?

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Woooooowhoooooo .... a free agent signing. :applaudit: take that rest of the league.

A good signing actually. We need to keep our coverage teams strong.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 03:05 PM
I was hoping it would be Keyaron Fox.

fansince'76
03-16-2009, 03:07 PM
All I saw was "Steelers sign linebacker...." from the front page and was hoping it would be James Harrison. :doh:

OneForTheToe
03-16-2009, 03:09 PM

Did he sign anywhere else yet? I'm hoping he is back as well.

The Duke
03-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Man, his injury in preseason didn't look good at all. glad he's better now :thumbsup:

but now with bailey and woods there he might not get a spot this year. and there's always frazier

and I thought fox signed with us already? guess I was wrong....

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-16-2009, 04:27 PM
I thought Arnold Harrison was the 3rd best OLB on the team in preseason until the injury. I hope he recovers and can be a backup OLB that maybe takes the place of Frazier.

Good to have him back and I hope he recovers fully.

aclark99
03-16-2009, 04:34 PM
Wwhat a splash in the free agent market. I am kind ofgetting tired of the James Harrison saga. He is 31 and he honestly believes he worth mega bucks. Ray Lewis, whom I can't stand, didn't make mega bucks when he won defensive player of the year. My point to this is offer him a fair market contract and if he doesn't take it let him walk after next season. We have to many free agents to sign next year to waste it on a 31 year old linebacker. The only upside is that James has only 4 years i the league.

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Did he sign anywhere else yet? I'm hoping he is back as well.

Last word is we're still trying to get Fox back.

lilyoder6
03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
not a bad signing.. just a 1 yr deal and we do need plenty of LB's for TC... hopefully this signing will push bruce davis to become better

revefsreleets
03-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Wwhat a splash in the free agent market. I am kind ofgetting tired of the James Harrison saga. He is 31 and he honestly believes he worth mega bucks. Ray Lewis, whom I can't stand, didn't make mega bucks when he won defensive player of the year. My point to this is offer him a fair market contract and if he doesn't take it let him walk after next season. We have to many free agents to sign next year to waste it on a 31 year old linebacker. The only upside is that James has only 4 years i the league.

Did your mother have any children that actually UNDERSTAND the game of football?

Fire Haley
03-16-2009, 04:54 PM
hopefully this signing will push bruce davis to become better

That would be nice - you know our LB's are late-bloomers.

KeiselPower99
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
With it only being a one yr deal its a safe signing.

Dino 6 Rings
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
Tomlin must really want to be sure we can still cover kicks.

I tell you what, it was nice last year not having to hold my breath ever single time we punted or kicked off...well except when we had that other guy punting the ball 22 yards, but at least those weren't taken back to the house.

Steelman16
03-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Tomlin must really want to be sure we can still cover kicks.

I tell you what, it was nice last year not having to hold my breath ever single time we punted or kicked off...well except when we had that other guy punting the ball 22 yards, but at least those weren't taken back to the house.

I agree. If we can field approximately the same ST coverage unit, AND get Sep back healthy, I think our ST will be very tight. The only thing we'll be lacking is a returner...but then again, Davis and Russell always got it past the 20, and Holmes took a few down field when needed...so that may not be a big concern.

rich4eagle
03-16-2009, 06:20 PM

Fox is a keeper..........we need to do that:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

lilyoder6
03-16-2009, 06:32 PM
That would be nice - you know our LB's are late-bloomers.

well that is true to some extent..

i beleive davis had 2 finish school last yr b4 he could join the team... so hopefully he takes advantage of not going to school anymore and become a workout buddy with woodly and timmons

steelerdave1969
03-16-2009, 06:39 PM
All in a Steelers offseason day.... :coffee:

steelerdave1969
03-16-2009, 06:43 PM

Clark, I kind of feel the same way about James Harrison bud. I have said all along that the Steelers shouldnt try to sign him to a 4 or 5 year contract for BIG Bucks. The Steelers would be ok to sign him for maybe a 4 yr. contract at around $10 Mill, but anything more than that I think they are going backwards because of his age.

Steely McSmash
03-16-2009, 10:54 PM
Clark, I kind of feel the same way about James Harrison bud. I have said all along that the Steelers shouldnt try to sign him to a 4 or 5 year contract for BIG Bucks. The Steelers would be ok to sign him for maybe a 4 yr. contract at around $10 Mill, but anything more than that I think they are going backwards because of his age.

That's barely more than he's making now.

I think he's due to make 1.8M/year next year and we could franchise him next year for about 8.5M

I think the contract would average about 5-6M/year for 3-4 years likely

steelwall
03-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm all for keeping the special teams together, they played very well last year even with Berger screwing up at least once per game. Sepulveda back, we should be alot better in the punting game.

Now lets get down to business and give Ben some time.

Another big thing.....we could have had some blowouts last year if we could have converted in numerous short yardage situations, that's something that needs to be fixed big time. Hopefully a healthy Mendy will have an impact.

All these things come together and we have a very complete team.....